• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prelude.

If you want to get better at aiming, play the brawl and use McCree. I just started using him in qp and jesus christ, I'm constantly headshotting from far away or as a reaction shot, it's crazy. I also changed the reticle for him and put the dot instead of the default one, so maybe that's helping too. But yeah, I don't even know how I'm doing it when it happens, but it works.

A lovely Mei helped me get 13 self destruct kills on King's Row earlier. Kept comboing with her Blizzard.

She also blocked our Roadhog's Ult twice with her Ice Wall, but we still won so whatever.

Kool-Aid Man effect is the definitive meta.

Also, the hockey puck thing is legit - as in "why is this not a thing yet" legit. Just limiting the pushback to attacks/abilities that already knock people away (but just limited to pushing - no blowing away) would be enough too.

Yeah it wouldn't be Mei Pinball, more like Mei Billiards.

I'd be fine with Mei keeping momentum when she freezes, but I think outside forces being able to push her around would work too much against her favor. Might as well just let her stay planted where she is or move around just a little bit further.

Nudull

Banned
You ever have that moment when you're mere inches away from losing a Payload match, only to carry the whole team into a last-minute win with an awesome kill streak?

Yeah, I think I love Roadhog.

Feels good stopping the enemy team from moving the payload because you keep killing their Reinhardt as Tracer. Defensive Tracer is pretty effective in certain comps.

Soulflarz

Banned
Went 3-3 today
Basically didn't move at all, orz
Keep going up to top 90, falling back to 150s lol

I need to grab a main tank

Anyways, putting that thing together since someone asked.

I'm torn...

Reinhardt or D.Va

Can't pick who to choose as my main tank =/

For attack, easily D.Va. She's more versatile and it's easier to carry. You can break through the enemy defense set up by just flying through to the point, boost for health pack once they follow you. Your teammates will roll in after, etc. The slow walk Reinhardt way is much less efficient. Her Ult is really invaluable too in Sudden Death and Overtime. It's won me a lot of games.

She's great for defense as well(my defense main along with Zarya), but Reinhardt is tough to beat there obviously. Blocking Ults is more fun with her than with Reinhardt though.

I'm #90 D.Va on Overbuff now!

POTG is jacked. I had a Quintuple kill with Reaper's alt in Anubis Attack mission, and I started capturing the point when it was less than a minute on the clock. POTG instead goes to a Genji with two kills ._.

xaosslug

will splice it later
saved my team twice that match, should be a decent example of how to reap :)

109!

omg.

POTG is jacked. I had a Quintuple kill with Reaper's alt in Anubis Attack mission, and I started capturing the point when it was less than a minute on the clock. POTG instead goes to a Genji with two kills ._.

it depends on how much life the people you killed had and the importance of the kill. I've had PoTG's where it was me killing 2 peeps, but one had 100hp, and the other was about to ult, etc.

Ramma2

They're pretty meaningless to me now. Blizz please give us the option to turn them off!

Fuck me I hate entering a game as a Backfill. Because most likely I'd be on a losing team.

Entered game as Backfill. Defense on Gibraltar. Only last checkpoint left, with 5 minutes on clock. Grab McCree. Go to town on the Tracer, Roadhog, and Reaper.

Whole team dies but me. Play sneaky snake time. Get on far side high point.

High Noon.

Quad kill. With a 5th followed up shortly after (stupid Roadhog).

Get play of the game.

Feels good.

I think PotG cares more about the number next to your kills, than the amount of kills itself.

A

Reinhart 100
Tracer 100

is worth more than a

Reinhart 45
Tracer 20
Mercy 45
Mei 50

xaosslug

Soul's ego is skyrocketing by the second.
Someone send help please.
i'm kinda nerding out because I've been on a reaper kick for a while. It's the death blossoms, tbh. You can get so high from the kills... @__@

?

You're not going to learn something magical from a console reaper who hovers around 90-170 as his rank on the American servers.
(43% rendered though, if you care)

109 kills in ridic, tho. And anything helps, tbh. I've been trying to learn how to reap what I sow, but seem to have hit a wall of sorts. Like I feel when I play reaper and I go 1v1 w/ peeps they kill me a lot easier than when I'm playing that same character vs. a reaper.

i suppose it's just because I'm not that good + body shots vs. head shots, but then watching the kill can the reapers murdering me usually aren't getting head shots either, so idk! -__-

Soulflarz

Banned
ahh, well 90 kills (not on KoTH) is still nothing to sniff at! *_*

No idea what it was in. I don't really track this stuff, I didn't do that good this match besides the saving my team twice thing and see a handful of errors, but yeah, it's my best match of the day, soooo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Owzers

looked at the Overbuff site.

90 percentile with: Torb, my highest character.

The shame.

Let's all add me, PSN Owzers, i'm a really good Torb.

Nimby

Banned
How do we fix Symmetra?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG9d_l9la8Y

The video suggests Symmetra give 50 shield instead of the 25, but that would probably impact the meta quite a bit. A Genji would be able to have a total HP of 325 with a shield and an armor pack for Torb. Now you'll have a Genji, who is hard to hit already, also have lots of durability.

I have absolutely no idea what they can do to this character without making her broken, or changing her completely.

psyfi

Banned
A lovely Mei helped me get 13 self destruct kills on King's Row earlier. Kept comboing with her Blizzard.

She also blocked our Roadhog's Ult twice with her Ice Wall, but we still won so whatever.
People always say that Mei is just dead weight at higher levels, but man, I love a good Mei on my team. I think that's probably because I main Lucio, though, and Mei's primary helps slow enemies down enough that I can reliably shoot them, haha. Beyond that though, her walls have gotten me out of so many jams. She might not be the most efficient character, but I really appreciate her nonetheless.

Soulflarz

Banned
How do we fix Symmetra?

The video suggests Symmetra give 50 shield instead of the 25, but that would probably impact the meta quite a bit. A Genji would be able to have a total HP of 325 with a shield and an armor pack for Torb. Now you'll have a Genji, who is hard to hit already, also have lots of durability.

I have absolutely no idea what they can do to this character without making her broken, or changing her completely.

More stopping power on turrets slightly or make them more powerful but drop one or two off the limit, make her have a bit more hp on her own, etc.
They could make her a bit more powerful and have turrets basically be her version of her ability button.

Getting a POTG with lucio completely surprised me. First one for sure.

Then again my glorious knocking off of a landing winston into a pit is POTG worthy.

Are there character specific recovery times from melee or is it all equal? I know the damage is the same but wasn't sure about recovery.

Getting a POTG with lucio completely surprised me. First one for sure.

Then again my glorious knocking off of a landing winston into a pit is POTG worthy.

I was in a hilarious POTG where the enemy lucio knocked me and another teammate off the edge only to be knocked off with us by our Lucio.

brian!

Yeah numbers tweaks are precarious on symmetra

In terms of qol, they should incorporate communication about the teleporter somehow.

xaosslug

it's funny/annoying how the kill cam can give away the teleporter location. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9QkqmnA9ek for the few who wanted it, there's a fairly normal match, slightly on the better side, minus my gunfights.

probably some of the most aggressive reaper flanking I've ever seen. *bow* You were relentless! Damn. And your playstyle isn't like the usual lurk/lie in wait reaper play I'm used to seeing. Def. learned a bunch from this. Thanks for uploading! ;D

btw, what are your reaper sensitivity settings? :3

How do we fix Symmetra?

let her start the match w/ all 6 turrets available to plant and speed up her turret cool down. That would buff her quite a bit, imo.

abundant

How do we fix Symmetra?

IIRC, it was like that during the closed beta, and was nerfed because, like you said, it made Genji (and Tracer) OP.

Soulflarz

Banned
probably some of the most aggressive reaper flanking I've ever seen. *bow* You were relentless! Damn. And your playstyle isn't like the usual lurk/lie in wait reaper play I'm used to seeing. Def. learned a bunch from this. Thanks for uploading! ;D

btw, what are your reaper sensitivity settings? :3

70 50? 70 45? Verticals not as important. You can kill a Pharah though unless shes been going for you from minute one, it's worth trying to lay shots on her.

Regarding aggression, that was actually a more passive game, I've had games where I've been able to shut down their entire team. But yes, you want to be aggressive and forcing their push to end. See where traded lives with a Lucio due to a Reinhardt as they all came back in? They're now out their primary healer and can't safely push up. Stuff like that is important.

I think he's a really good flanker but the "oh I'll just wait here 5m" doesn't really work unless you're waiting right by where they're spawning, because you can always be more aggressive and still get work done. However, I did have a few minor issues. I completely burnt my death blossom in round 3 on one guy when it could have been saved, and I also died a few times where I could have phased easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom