• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kito

Do competitive points carry over to season 2?

Just here for my daily bitch post about I fucking hate that I have to play Ranked to play with sane rules

I've stopped playing altogether; unless it's koth, literally every match ends in sudden death with the winner decided on a coin flip.

I'll be back for season 2 or if quick play gets a 1 hero limit.

Do competitive points carry over to season 2?

I've stopped playing altogether; unless it's koth, literally every match ends in sudden death with the winner decided on a coin flip.

I'll be back for season 2 or if quick play gets a 1 hero limit.

they reset each season

Defuser

Is there a reason why nobody pick Winston to counter Genji on PS4? His Tesla Cannon doesn't require aiming IIRC just the general direction,ignores his deflect and he have his jump skill to chase after Genji.

Is there a reason why nobody pick Winston to counter Genji on PS4? His Tesla Cannon doesn't require aiming IIRC just the general direction,ignores his deflect and he have his jump skill to chase after Genji.

Genji can run away from Winston if he spent his leap and Genji has dash. If Genji climbs a wall and Winston can't leap he's sol lol

Winston does better than most though

patchday

I play with friends, so all that frustration is being let out DURING the game and AFTER the game. I don't need to relive it again on an internet forum! So much salt!

yeah they really should complain to their teammates in the game. complaining bout it afterwards on the forums, meh. Guess misery loves company tho so they're bound to reach a sympathetic ear (with other miserable players on forum)

I play with my friends a lot & I do solo queue. I enjoy both a ton. I havent touched ranked yet though.

Defuser

I play with my friends a lot & I do solo queue. I enjoy both a ton. I havent touched ranked yet though.
Its best to play ranked with a pre made group. Solo queue with randoms below 50/60 rank is a absolute shithole. You will get players who refuses to switch out their main because they don't know how to play others classes, pick snipers on koth maps, they seperate from the group to chase for kills.

LiK

Wish they would fix the friend list on PS4. Still borked.

Also, is it so hard to put a lil "in quick play" or "in comp" status in their name boxes?

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
A player who is used to bad ping will often tend to perform worse without it because they are so used to playing with latency.

That's not what I've seen from watching a ton of comp TF2... all the great high-ping Demomen and Soldiers become so much scarier and consistent at LAN. It's like taking off the training weights in most cases. :X

We'll see though, I'm just really eager to see more LAN competitions for this game.

That's not what I've seen from watching a ton of comp TF2... all the great high-ping Demomen and Soldiers become so much scarier and consistent at LAN. It's like taking off the training weights in most cases. :X

We'll see though, I'm just really eager to see more LAN competitions for this game.

Granted, my competitive/professional experience is quite a while ago, but in both Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament, it was more often the case that players would perform a bit worse with lining up shots in LAN games if they have been used to bad latency in their internet.

Soulflarz

Banned
Wish they would fix the friend list on PS4. Still borked.

Also, is it so hard to put a lil "in quick play" or "in comp" status in their name boxes?

Honestly, this game needs a few QOL features like that.

It also needs a role check. If I'm going into comp as a Lucio main and I can "sort of" play McCree, please let me indicate I'm support. It wouldn't be too hard to do one support and one tank as a necessity in a group and ~3dps+another tank/support

Not even hard rules, just require at least a support and tank main.

I suggest trying something entirely different like Mercy, Junkrat or Reinhardt.

Would except no defense hero is really viable. Maybe Rein, I need to learn a tank.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
when is gaf going to enter one of those esports.

We should do in-house games some time, at least.

Granted, my competitive/professional experience is quite a while ago, but in both Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament, it was more often the case that players would perform a bit worse with lining up shots in LAN games if they have been used to bad latency in their internet.

Ah gotcha, I didn't follow the old arena shooter scenes much. Could be differences in netcode between engines or the pace of the games.

Soulflarz

Banned
when is gaf going to enter one of those esports.

We had one for Rocket League (I was not on that, they're too good ;_;), we need to get a team together for OW
Ramirez obviously we both need to get the game on PC and get to mid 70s there and trick 4 others into joining us :V

Junkrat is. :) It's a reason why I suggested him!

Ehh, depends on the map
Situational at best >_>

I need a team guys. Solo queue is fucking suffering.

What system?

Camjo-Z

Been playing solo competitive on PS4 and it has just been laughably bad. Every single game I'm stuck with some awful team that usually consists of a Mercy who refuses to heal anyone but the tank, a sniper with terrible aim who constantly feeds the enemy team, and someone playing Junkrat so conservatively that you'd swear they think the game has a limited ammo system. I honestly see better players in "casual" play.

Belfast

I feel like ult rate needs to be rolled back. Some of these fuckers feel like they're getting back-to-back-to-back ults and its freakin' ridiculous.

Xero

figured I'd throw my user name in there for those that want to add me on pc. Play with some friends of fridays, and when I occassionally get time. Think I'm ranked 54. Main characters pharah, reaper, tracer (particularly tracer) Zarya D.va (though will switch to rein when needed) mercy, lucio, and ana. Really enjoy ana's trickyness. Edit: nvm saw the sheet

The leap takes like 4 seconds to recharge. Genji can't get away that easily.

6 and as I said Genji can just climb a wall while and Winston can't do anything if he just spent his leap. It's very possible to not kill the Genji.

Winston is a more a soft counter. Genji is just too slippery

LiK

Oof, this is a bad team. Stop leaving KOTH points even if you might die. Kept seeing our dumb team just walk off the point and letting them capture it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom