• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kito

I feel like ult rate needs to be rolled back. Some of these fuckers feel like they're getting back-to-back-to-back ults and its freakin' ridiculous.

I absolutely despise having a Roadhog teammate for this very reason, soaks all the damage and gives every enemy nonstop ult. His hook gimmick is great on Ilios Well and Nepal Sanctum where he can hook tanks into the abyss, but other than that, fuck Roadhog.

Veelk

Banned
Is there some way I can stop dumbass teammates from rushing to the enemy team's spawn point?

On Numbani and Hollywood especially, they always rush there, and usually get killed, then the enemy team attacks the payload and we're down several team members because the idiots that died have to make the trek back.

It's just so obscenely stupid. It's their spawn point, meaning your facing the entire frikken team there. And even if you kill them, what did you accomplish? Set them back a grand total of 10 seconds before they are literally right back where they were. The only time it actually works is when the entire team is holding them down and that's kinda rare.

finalflame

Is there some way I can stop dumbass teammates from rushing to the enemy team's spawn point?

On Numbani and Hollywood especially, they always rush there, and usually get killed, then the enemy team attacks the payload and we're down several team members because the idiots that died have to make the trek back.

It's just so obscenely stupid. It's their spawn point, meaning your facing the entire frikken team there. And even if you kill them, what did you accomplish? Set them back a grand total of 10 seconds before they are literally right back where they were. The only time it actually works is when the entire team is holding them down and that's kinda rare.

I always get on voice chat and ask people not to overextend. And in chat, too. It works kind of, unless you're playing with Grade-A morons.

What's Zarya's counter? She seems to have really proliferated on console, and a good one seems like a fucking terror to deal with – tons of HP and damage.

What's Zarya's counter? She seems to have really proliferated on console, and a good one seems like a fucking terror to deal with – tons of HP and damage.

Reaper, Tracer, Bastion, or snipers will end her pretty quick, given the opportunity. The thing with her is that you need to press the attack, since she'll heal otherwise, all on her own.

Like, the real danger comes from not finishing her off, and letting her gain charge. She becomes an engine of terror and destruction at full charge--very difficult to take down. Coupled with her support-oriented abilities, it can lead to situations where the enemy team snowballs together and becomes difficult to dislodge.

Soulflarz

Banned
Reaper, Tracer, Bastion, or snipers will end her pretty quick, given the opportunity. The thing with her is that you need to press the attack, since she'll heal otherwise, all on her own.

Like, the real danger comes from not finishing her off, and letting her gain charge. She becomes an engine of terror and destruction at full charge--very difficult to take down. Coupled with her support-oriented abilities, it can lead to situations where the enemy team snowballs together and becomes difficult to dislodge.

Yep. There is no "hard" counter to her I believe. I mean, I play reaper, and like hell that's an even matchup, if she shields and you don't have wraith up, you will not win the fight, and even if you have wraith, you need quite a few headshots

Basically you need to either outplay her or you need to bait the shield with a second person.

As a frequent Zarya player, my big worries are usually Reaper (when they're smart enough to wait two seconds for my shield to be down before starting to shoot), Bastion (who can usually DPS right through my shield and take me down) and rapid moving Offense heroes like Tracer and Genji that can evade my beam long enough for my shield to go down and then strike.

Oh, and Zarya's biggest counter: her having teammates who won't get on the payload with her so she has somebody to shield when hers is down and her health is low.

ksan

Zarya is pretty much the perfect example of a balanced, but really good, hero.
Gotta give props for her hero design.

Belfast

If ults slow down shutdowns are going to be imposible to counter, since your ult will charge once a match if you're getting wiped.

So, the counter to a shutdown is to not suck in the first place? Anyway, it's definitely happening for some heroes way too quickly.

Soulflarz

Banned
So, the counter to a shutdown is to not suck in the first place? Anyway, it's definitely happening for some heroes way too quickly.

Well not "not suck", see the top team in the world- no one is even coming close to them by a mile. Imagine if everyone got their ults slower- they'd get outgunned and have no way against them.

People need to stop shooting the barriers she puts up. Her gun at default/low damage is trash.

I see too many people shooting barriers that are completely avoidable.

Also, agreed on Zarya being balanced. She's extremely powerful in a good player's hands and sort of irrelevant in a bad player's hands which is how I like things. She has a fair learning curve too. Having a good Zarya on your team can swing a match without it being cheesy.

Players trickling in over and over and over is the most frustrating thing about this game and I don't get it. I've asked nicely. I've yelled. I've pleaded. It still happens. It's the main reason playing with people you know is so crucial for this game being as fun as it can be.

I feel like ult rate needs to be rolled back. Some of these fuckers feel like they're getting back-to-back-to-back ults and its freakin' ridiculous.

It's a problem of skill. At the lower levels people aren't hitting their targets well and healing is probably on the weak side. Basically, battles go slower. When engagements happen more frequently and quickly, that's more ult charge going around. So I don't see how you balance that unless you make ults less skill based by increasing their passive gain and reducing the charge you get from participation.

LiK

Lol, some guy just msged me saying my Junkrat was terrible. I guess all those Gold Medals and kills meant nothing. I can't carry a shitty team.

Don't her shields break down, or have I been mistaken?
Technically yes. I think they are 200 HP but, you're doing more harm than good. Unless you can guarantee you can break through the shields and also kill her all you're doing is buffing her by a lot. The barrier duration is incredibly short. A near or full charge Zarya can absolutely shred entire teams.

A good Zarya is constantly shielding players already in combat making it unavoidable to not ping the shield but I see it a lot where people disregard the barrier and just continue to shoot the shields regardless.

Well, snipers are trash on console and no one wants a Bastion. As it is, its a gamble because assuming you make it to a good position without getting wrecked, you then have to drill through her shield and hope you finish her off because if you don't, welp.

People need to stop shooting the barriers she puts up. Her gun at default/low damage is trash.

I see too many people shooting barriers that are completely avoidable.
I definitely need to improve in this area. I keep trying to prefire it going down and being completely wrong about how long two seconds last.

Other than that you have to hope there aren't turrets charging her, or when I'm junkrat that some of my blind shots aren't charging her.

Yep. There is no "hard" counter to her I believe. I mean, I play reaper, and like hell that's an even matchup, if she shields and you don't have wraith up, you will not win the fight, and even if you have wraith, you need quite a few headshots

Basically you need to either outplay her or you need to bait the shield with a second person.
That's kind of what I was running into last night. I'm a decent reaper but if she's got charge or reinforcements you can't just melt her the same way you might a D. Va or a Winston.

(On a semi-related note, some team decided to go all Winston after crushing us on payload attack today. ...and that's how daddy got a 20 kill streak with Reaper. It was a fucking feast.)

Lol, some guy just msged me saying my Junkrat was terrible. I guess all those Gold Medals and kills meant nothing. I can't carry a shitty team.
Was it out team or theirs? No one on our team should have been saying a word. They were awful.

I definitely shouldn't have played Reaper on defense to start. But my Tracer was doing okay. Our team was no where to be found though.

That sucked. Our team up was a looking promising to start but the losing streak at the end. :(

I'll be on later if you want to try again.

LiK

Was it out team or theirs? No one on our team should have been saying a word. They were awful.

I definitely shouldn't have played Reaper on defense to start. But my Tracer was doing okay. Our team was no where to be found though.

That sucked. Our team up was a looking promising to start but the losing streak at the end. :(

I'll be on later if you want to try again.

Our team. Some guy with Tea in his name. He was awful and was switching dudes too.

We can play together anytime. Don't sweat it.

Bursting Zarya's shield down is only worthwhile if you can killer her then and there. Otherwise you've made a terrible mistake.

Bastion would generally be able to do it, especially given his range and damage output combo. Otherwise it should be a 2+v1 situation against Zarya.
Would a shielded Zarya survive D.Va's self destruct?

There's no way. It's like 200 bonus HP and then collapses--and Zarya only has 400 total HP, no armour.

Though if it actually blocks the full damage before collapsing, then that's a gamechanger... Really need to check that myself.
Well, snipers are trash on console and no one wants a Bastion. As it is, its a gamble because assuming you make it to a good position without getting wrecked, you then have to drill through her shield and hope you finish her off because if you don't, welp.
The thing is, her weapon, uncharged, does terrible damage and is rather hard to aim either way. (The range on her default attack baffled me for hours...) She's only a threat if someone makes her a threat--thought a good Zarya will be shielding allies, making her full charge inevitable, rather than coincidental.

And if the team doesn't want to counterpick, then no amount of knowledge will help them.

The thing is, her weapon, uncharged, does terrible damage and is rather hard to aim either way. (The range on her default attack baffled me for hours...) She's only a threat if someone makes her a threat--thought a good Zarya will be shielding allies, making her full charge inevitable, rather than coincidental.

Right, but she still needs to have vulnerabilities charged up. Unfortunately the best options might be less viable on console.

There's no way. It's like 200 bonus HP and then collapses--and Zarya only has 400 total HP, no armour.

Though if it actually blocks the full damage before collapsing, then that's a gamechanger... Really need to check that myself.
Zarya can 100% survive D.Va's ultimate if she is shielded. The timing is difficult but I've seen it happen many times.

Damage doesn't roll over on ultimate abilities if she is shielded.

Right, but she still needs to have vulnerabilities charged up. Unfortunately the best options might be less viable on console.

She does. She still has poor range and will lose most of her charge without very aggressive play. It urges her into reckless behaviour that can be punished accordingly.

Just watch out for her ult. It really is devastating at full charge, with some alt-firing.
Zarya can 100% survive D.Va's ultimate if she is shielded. The timing is difficult but I've seen it happen many times.

Damage doesn't roll over on ultimate abilities if she is shielded.

jaw dropping right now

Zarya, I bow before thee.

jaw dropping right now

Zarya, I bow before thee.
She's a stud. Having a great Zarya on your team I think can swing damn near every match (or at least at the ranking I'm at).

I think she's incredibly strong and should be picked in nearly every situation but the nice thing is I don't have an issue with her. Nothing she does frustrates me or seems cheesy or unfair. She's incredibly well designed.

Now Mei...

Soulflarz

Banned
Gotta love Reaper players sometimes.

"I EMERGE FROM THE SHAD-" *Roadhog hook, one shot, dead*

"Yay, free kills!"

X_X REAPER NO
I still have reapers teleport in front of me, as a reaper. I'm just sitting there going "o-okay, I'll one shot you+punch, I...guess, if you really want it"

Right? I told him he was bad too lol
pls, that reminds me for this thread

Reiterating you can only improve yourself or your static teammates.
Or rather
"If everyone you play with is truly awful get some friends and drag your rank up to the mid 60s-70s, because by that logic it should be an easy 10 levels at least"
Not a fan of "f my teammates in queue" being half the messages in here when theres an easy fix guys.

TFW a genji main who destroyed your team last round gets switched to your team and picks widomaker.

Also, the two states of being you will only notice: When you're all gold medals on a losing team and when you're doing jackshit on a winning team.

LiK

X_X REAPER NO
I still have reapers teleport in front of me, as a reaper. I'm just sitting there going "o-okay, I'll one shot you+punch, I...guess, if you really want it"

pls

Reiterating you can only improve yourself or your static teammates.

I'm not sure what you're referring to but I can't improve any randoms when they're bad.

Also, stfu pls

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm not sure what you're referring to but I can't improve any randoms when they're bad.

Also, stfu pls

Static teammates, as in the regulars you play with. Also yes I know you're still bitter I left you (and everyone else, but you seemed to think it was you personally regardless of a half dozen apologies for only playing QP with GAF from now on) and ranked up 20x in a week, doesn't mean my statements any less valid/passive aggressiveness is okay. No need to tell me to shut the fuck up, this is a forum, be decent.

I edited my post above to explain it better, didn't do it fast enough I guess, hope it makes more sense now.

Soulflarz

Banned
If someone messages him that he sucks why can't he tell that person that he too sucks (Which he did.)?

Oh, you can, it just doesn't really work in a thread when half the posts in the thread are against their teammates, I was just reiterating that you can't really improve them so it's a moot point at best. That just reminded me to say it in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom