• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nudull

Banned
Tried hooking a wheel just now in a match. Worked like a charm, exploded in one hit! (may have been damaged beforehand, so YMMV on if it works for you)

Apathy

Tried hooking a wheel just now in a match. Worked like a charm, exploded in one hit! (may have been damaged beforehand, so YMMV on if it works for you)

It was, hook does 30

Holy fuck. That raging inducing teammate that constantly body blocks Ana healers. Not sure if griefing, or just genuinely ignorant.

I mean a lot of it is accident. Sadly the onus is on Ana's to get good positions where they can heal and won't be bothered if they want to do the long range heal. Dealing with teammates in between you and what you actually want to heal is part of the Ana experience

Syntax

Brutal day so far. 30 losses to 14 wins.

Keep seeing a bunch of low level players scattered through the matches. I'm assuming they're part of a group and/or smurfing but they play like that's not the case.

Also, I don't mind Ana too much. Just sigh when I see that the person usually Hanzos or McCrees. Feels like so many are looking for a new DPS character in her. And I'm hesitant to switch to a sniper myself when I think we need one if we already have an Ana and/or Hanzo.

Paltheos

So I've started doing this thing where I play whatever character is randomly auto-selected. That means I just had the experience of being the guy I hate: the offensive Torbjorn. The map was Numbani; I got to collect scrap from the first push and armor us up to take Point A the second time. We steamrolled from there; I went 9-2, had three gold medals, and got PotG. :lol

#justquickplaythings

I solo queued with a torb on attack hanamura who said he could do it not too long ago. I assumed he was a blowhard but he actually made it work.

Anne

Also, I don't get why people leave quick play games when it looks like they're losing. Why does it matter? Why not just stick around for the XP? So weird.

I've ditched QP games before where I go in to practice something but the group I have makes it impossible :p

Like I go in wanting to mess around with Genji jumps and executes against not bots for a bit, and my whole team is like a solo support and 4 DPS and a Torb or some shit.

Same tbh

If you're at the point where you're saying directly to people that they should go back to bots or play something else, I think you're the problem tbh.

Also, I don't get why people leave quick play games when it looks like they're losing. Why does it matter? Why not just stick around for the XP? So weird.
I sometimes get invited in the middle of a solo queue match and I usually just accept it right away. Other than that I'll stay no matter what. But yeah, that video is pretty much my philosophy for life in general.

57 now. Aw yiss.
My boy is growing up so fast.

Now don't go beyond 63 before I do or I'll be sad.

Quickplay is a shitshow now

I played one round of the Brawl.

I think I'm scarred now.

It was basically all chat spam and one sided stomps.

Also, has anyone had a glitch on PC where you get audio all the way up until the picking phase and then no audio until the round ends?

It's super odd and if it's going to be a permanent thing, that's it for my Overwatch run.

Nudull

Banned
Has anyone else been getting this weird thing where you auto-lose in the middle of a match after losing one or so rounds previously?

Soulflarz

Banned
hahaha, oh man, you're going to kill me, you should write for late night shows.

Okay, I don't approve of him calling you a dickhead since it isn't really constructive in the same way that you aren't being constructive, but you need to realize insulting your teammates and saying they should go back to bots isn't helping morale and doesn't help your situation at all. That is, if you don't want people doing the same thing to you, which...I can't see you wanting that?

Nudull

Banned
Three leavers on my team with my last placement match, all at once. Of course, we lost. If this is what I have to look forward to with Competitive, then screw it.

Three leavers on my team with my last placement match, all at once. Of course, we lost. If this is what I have to look forward to with Competitive, then screw it.

Group up with some of us. I promise we won't leave you.

Well, Lik and I won't. I can't speak for anyone else.

Syntax

I think leavers are part of every non-professional gaming scene. Don't let that turn you off a game you enjoy.

Groups don't seem to like joining Team Chat on PC. They're probably in Group Chat. Wish I were cool enough for that but I guess it saves me having to call out anything.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think leavers are part of every non-professional gaming scene. Don't let that turn you off a game you enjoy.

Groups don't seem to like joining Team Chat on PC. They're probably in Group Chat. Wish I were cool enough for that but I guess it saves me having to call out anything.

Callouts on team chat is seen by everyone in the team.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You know, as much as people like to bitch about Dva's new DM, can I say I don't actually have that much trouble with it?

Though it's mostly because I play zen a lot recently and discord makes losing shield a death sentence.

cyborg009

Banned
Its almost 3 in the morning but my team won 5 games straight in comp they pressuring you to play more.

tumblr_oasgvjinOY1sx6ojdo1_500.gif

Dalek

Defending on Gilbratar has to be the biggest pain in the ass. But man-snatching victory from the jaws of defeat and pushing that payload back to win? The best feeling.

finalflame

Got into a 6-man group with some peeps from a random game + a friend, all on voice comms. Have gone from 51->57 so far with no end in sight, haven't lost a game the entire night and have been feeling great about getting 2-4 golds per match. And we haven't just been shutting down other 6-man groups, we've had close games but pulled through with coordination.

This game NEEDS to be played with communication and coordination. Random shitty players IS the problem in solo queue most of the time, I'm pretty convinced. The idea of "carrying" applies FAR less to Overwatch than, say, MOBAs.

ISOM

Did Blizzard quietly change their ranking system? My first two games won and I rose two levels when before it would have been a mild increase. I'm not complaining though.

LiK

Did Blizzard quietly change their ranking system? My first two games won and I rose two levels when before it would have been a mild increase. I'm not complaining though.

yea, even tho i played against guys near my levels it seems winning makes ranking up faster. not sure if they tweaked it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom