• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberLevi

I've yet to see a Legendary drop. I have a friend who got one on his second loot box, and two other friends who got ones at Level 10. I'm currently sitting at Level 23 and I've seen maybe 3 purple items at most.

I think they should add some sort of Daily Challenge that gives you an extra loot box on completion.

Hundreds of games and i still have t bothered to figure this out, but when defending on payload does the cart move back more quickly with more team mates like on offense? Or is just having one person near enough

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hundreds of games and i still have t bothered to figure this out, but when defending on payload does the cart move back more quickly with more team mates like on offense? Or is just having one person near enough

It moves back automatically without anyone on your team being near it.

2 games in a row. My team are all solo. The opposition team is 2 groups of 3. Their players are ranked well in the hundreds, none of ours are.

Every single time. Every. Single. Time.

But at least we get a thumbs up and an underdog tag!

Mush

I think they should add some sort of Daily Challenge that gives you an extra loot box on completion.
At the very least, Overwatch bux or whatever they're called.

You'd think they'd take a leaf out of that other game they made, Hearthstone I think it's called?

Rad-

2 games in a row. My team are all solo. The opposition team is 2 groups of 3. Their players are ranked well in the hundreds, none of ours are.

Every single time. Every. Single. Time.

But at least we get a thumbs up and an underdog tag!

Next season solo queue should really be all solo queue. It's crazy how often 2 groups of 3 gets paired against full solo queue team. If there was a full solo queue mode I think it would be more fun overall to play solo queue. Currently I don't feel like playing competitive unless I get a group of 3 together.

Also next season streaks shouldn't matter as much as they do now.

Apathy

I've yet to see a Legendary drop. I have a friend who got one on his second loot box, and two other friends who got ones at Level 10. I'm currently sitting at Level 23 and I've seen maybe 3 purple items at most.

You'll stop caring about what's in the box. Don't get hung up on having to get legendaries. Also the pity timer for legendaries seems to be about 25 boxes from what most calculation show. Some people claimed they went longer but there are more that hit 25 exactly compare to those that said that went longer

Okay, I don't approve of him calling you a dickhead since it isn't really constructive in the same way that you aren't being constructive, but you need to realize insulting your teammates and saying they should go back to bots isn't helping morale and doesn't help your situation at all. That is, if you don't want people doing the same thing to you, which...I can't see you wanting that?

Well both of you made the same mistake funnily enough that you think I would berate a person I don't know. perhaps before assuming both of you need to ask for clarification.

finalflame

Up to 57 with a 6-stack then back down to 55 with randoms. Pretty sure I'm never playing comp without a 6-stack all on voice chat ever again.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Mmmm, you'll still theoretically hit a limit once your 6-stack starts running into other 6-stacks that take it far more seriously.

Once you rank up it'll happen.

Kinda why i prefer partial groups.

finalflame

Mmmm, you'll still theoretically hit a limit once your 6-stack starts running into other 6-stacks that take it far more seriously.

Once you rank up it'll happen.

Kinda why i prefer partial groups.

We were playing other six-stacks, we were just better and more coordinated. We actually almost exclusively played six stacks (and one 5+1).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
We were playing other six-stacks, we were just better and more coordinated. We actually almost exclusively played six stacks (and one 5+1).

That's what I'm saying, with the way the system works you'll move up until you reach a level you can't attaim and average out. Or improve. It's not an assumed free climb up the ranks when you go 6-stack.

finalflame

That's what I'm saying, with the way the system works you'll move up until you reach a level you can't attaim and average out. Or improve. It's not an assumed free climb up the ranks when you go 6-stack.

It's not, but it confirms that playing with (most) randoms is shit and the concept of a single person "carrying" in OW is both unlikely and unreasonable. You'd have to be many, many times more skilled than where you're currently placed to carry an entire team in OW.

duckroll

Legit deep lore and graphics question. Soldier's ammo clip amount is visible on his gun. When Junkrat's grenades are down to the last one the refill slot on his gun is empty. But when Mccree is down to his last bullet you still see two bullets in the gun. Why?

Legit deep lore and graphics question. Soldier's ammo clip amount is visible on his gun. When Junkrat's grenades are down to the last one the refill slot on his gun is empty. But when Mccree is down to his last bullet you still see two bullets in the gun. Why?

He's using a revolver which keeps the empty cartridges in the cylinder until you manually remove them.

LiK

I don't find her annoying in game at all but I do think she's just the worst waifu in the game. That's right mei fans come at me. D.va/tracer forever

i'm thankful i don't see her in Comp much on the enemy teams but when i do. *shivers*

Veelk

Banned
Top annoying characters in Overwatch, in no particular order, are:

Tracer - She just won't die. She's not so bad with a lot of characters, like Reaper or Roadhog, but I main D.Va, and while I can usually survive tracer, I can't ever kill her. And, granted, she needs some measure of skill to play right. I haven't mastered her enough yet to be that survivable. But she can be such an annoying pest.

Mei - Same as Tracer, she just won't die. She has a meaty 250 hp, but when you get that down, she'll just ice up, forcing you to wait 4 seconds during which time someone else can kill you. Except she also heals herself, so anything you did is now null. And then puts a wall in front of you so you can't get to her. And then she uses her Ult to freeze your team. Ugh.

Lucio - I don't think he's super bad, but when he keeps wall jumping, he gets pretty hard to take out and and that he regenerates health makes him a super pain to take out.

Torbjorn - Specifically, his Ult. I do not like Ults that do nothing but just just make a superversion of the player. In this case this also just regenerates his health to full, so you die to him almost regardless of how well you countered him. D.Va normally eats turrets up, but even if I was about to kill it, if he Molten Cores, I am dead no matter what.

Soldier 76 - In a cast of heroes bursting with creativity and unique gameplay designs, he's CoD guy. He's a very useful hero and I don't think he's overpowered or anything, but he just bores me. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a nerf just as a way of discouraging players from picking the boring option. I especially don't like his ult, which just makes him an aimbot.

Symmetra - A good symmetra is an utter hell to deal with. People talked about buffing her or reworking her tool kit to make her more flexible because she can only do one thing right now, and I don't disagree, but the one thing she can do, she does REALLY well. In the right situation, she's the most lethal support character.

Ana - I just don't like her sleeping darts. They were funny the first time, now it's just annoying.

Veelk

Banned
You think they should nerf a perfectly balanced character because he's boring? That's a shitty way of balancing.

I'm not saying they should, I'm saying I wouldn't mind. Those might seem like the same statement, but one comes with the implicit acknowledgement I am not the center of the universe. If Overwatch was specifically designed for me and me alone, then yeah, I would be saying they should, because I don't like him and what I say goes. But it's not, it's designed for a general audience, and many people like him, and he's well balanced, so...no, they shouldn't if they're thinking of the fanbase at large. I just personally wouldn't mind it.

I think 76 is really boring cause he is so balanced in a game with unbalanced heroes.
But it kinda fits the character. He get shit done in an orderly fashion.

Apathy

The ana sleeping dart is more annoying now than before the patch. That half second where it can't break, if you're in the middle of a big fight you take so much damage.

Is that how it works? I thought the entire bullet gets fired out.

qkHRN.PNG

Only number 1 is shot out of a revolver, and the rest stays in the chamber until removed.
That's why you see shells flying out of automatic weapons, as they are removing the shells from the firing chamber.

ISOM

This post reminded me of when I was playing as 76 a week ago and was getting trashed by my teammate because I was playing him in a comp game. Even though I had Gold Elims and Gold damage, he seemed to think picking 76 was a fucking handicap and so easy. I was like why the fuck are you playing comp if you're not playing it to win. I know he's a boring hero but he gets the damn job done. If I need a character to carry the team it's 76 easily for me.

Veelk

Banned
This post reminded me of when I was playing as 76 a week ago and was getting trashed by my teammate because I was playing him in a comp game. Even though I had Gold Elims and Gold damage, he seemed to think picking 76 was a fucking handicap and so easy. I was like why the fuck are you playing comp if you're not playing it to win. I know he's a boring hero but he gets the damn job done. If I need a character to carry the team it's 76 easily for me.

I guess that's kind of why I want him nerfed. He just doesn't make the game interesting, but his practicality gives people a reason to select and play him. Most of the time, I'd rather just have an interesting game and possible loss rather than a boring win.

Again, I acknowledge that this is just me though, and if the general fanbase likes him and his place in the game, I can't complain too much since he's hardly OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom