• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

As a 59-60 I somehow managed to matchmake into a 68 average game with a bunch of 70+ people.

The difference in this game compared to the 50's is insane. I was completely caught off guard with how both teams were playing and communicating.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
And, by sheer coincidence, I do not like most ranked modes in most games.

But Overwatch only removes stacked on Ranked. So.

51>50>49>50>49>50>49>50>49>50>49

Sisyphus-Image-01C.jpg

One must imagine Sisyphus tilted af.

stay behind people. discord tanks. kill everything.

If the enemy team zeroes in on you then your engage sucked, your team didn't follow up if you were the one to engage, or you're just outnumbered. Sword is good if it kills 2 people btw. If it's used in a real good situation you can expect more, but 2-3 should be average.

- Have a 2nd healer on the team because you are primarily a DPS hero
- When somebody engages its probably safe to throw an early harmony on them
- When a fight starts you have a couple choices on who to discord. Almost always it's going to be the frontline, but if somebody was jumped on out of position you can orb them.
- Hit Transcendence a bit earlier than you think you want to hit it.
- Your mobility is still pathetic so stick to somebody who can make it scary to jump on you.
defense matrix nerf when
Probably never, because people are actually picking DVa now

team comp for attack was great on king's row. then i see what they picked for defense....................................... :vomits:

EDIT: at least some switched off when we lost the first point. held them at the first chokepoint in the factory. won it. (y)

And it's not even OP in the first place, so it doesn't need a nerf :)

Other than Winston, the tanks are right where they need to be.
Agreed, I would really like a Winston buff. He still has his uses imo and if I'm being supported well I can cause panic + scattering with him, but it's so hard to confirm kills, even on the squishies.

Also is it just me or is Winston's gun useless against Torb's turret?

And it's not even OP in the first place, so it doesn't need a nerf :)

Other than Winston, the tanks are right where they need to be.

I think Roadhog's hook hitbox needs adjustment, and Winston is mostly fine because he does what he does very well and also gets picked very often in tournament play. If anything, his shield bubble could get a bit of a buff, but otherwise he's fine imo.

Gorillaz

game is truly a piece of shit in quick play now

edit: not only that but Im tired of seeing fucking mercy as the healer, would rather get lucio or zen

Soulflarz

Banned
Hey Soulflarz, if you get the game on PC, we should play, and you should teach me how to Reaper, please. <3
Also generally be good. I think besides aiming which I will naturally get better at as I play more, if I have someone to play with and who can help me analyze my mistakes, I might be able to summon back my arena shooter capabilities. I was a god in CtF...

I kind of quit, ish.
As I said before, once I got ranked top 100+76 skill, I didn't care anymore, there was nothing left to do besides drag friends to my level. However, one friend got really annoyed last time and kinda quit after we lost a few (we're queuing without a tank, itll happen) so we're done for now, which works for me. I'll prob lose my "spot" (prob fall into the 600s or so) but w/e.
On that note, I have no issues against rebuying on PC. I'm just waiting for origins edition to hit $35 in BST again <_>
But yeah I'm not mentally done with OW, just taking a short break :3

^also to the guy above, thats a major part of why I quit for now. Comp is frustrating for some so it's not fun for me by extent and QP is a joke at best now.

I think Roadhog's hook hitbox needs adjustment, and Winston is mostly fine because he does what he does very well and also gets picked very often in tournament play. If anything, his shield bubble could get a bit of a buff, but otherwise he's fine imo.
Yeah, that's what I was saying earlier about Winston was to buff his shield. As a Roadhog main, I think his hitbox is fine. The "I got hooked through a wall" thing is more tick rate than the hook because 9/10 times they had you dead to rights, but from your perspective, you got hooked through a wall. To fix that, they would have to up the tick rate on the QP and Ranked servers to what it is in custom matches.

ohkay

As a 59-60 I somehow managed to matchmake into a 68 average game with a bunch of 70+ people.

The difference in this game compared to the 50's is insane. I was completely caught off guard with how both teams were playing and communicating.
Don't worry, there's still games in the upper 60s where teams don't communicate

It's so weird how some teams can do so well on offense, but absolutely suck on defense, or vice versa. Another reason why sudden death is garbage.

well surpisingly held them almost until OT so it wasn't that bad. but that was alot of sound barrier activated during the round though. ended with 15K healing because the team was so tight together i could heal and charge up my ult so quick. i think i ended the match with over 30 people using the sound barrier. because somehow. i ended up in zarya's ult and end up ulting every time saved a few people during that except one time where i solo ulted because i thought the rest of the team was with me.

Anne

Telling y'all right now you don't want to be trapped inside of a buffed Winston shield or to have it sitting longer in the middle of your team fight. Shit gets crazy already when he manages to lock out half a team for just a couple seconds.

The guy lands on people dealing 50 AOE splash damage, locks them from the rest of the team, and starts dealing cleave damage. While being super tanky and having the leap on a low enough CD he can just bail. You guys want that to be stronger?

I get why people want Sym adjusted, but that actually makes no sense to me lol

Soulflarz

Banned
I mean....you only play Reaper, so I don't know why you're complaining :p

I'm a reaper main, if we need a tank I'll go Roadhog or such. I might not be the best at him due to a huge time gap and the fact my 70s rank was reached with a DPS, but like hell I'm picking our 4th dps.

Also playing Genji in QP makes me want to buy on PC so badly.

UberLevi

Just got my first Legendary. Jester Junkrat, the objectively worst skin you can get for him. Oh well, hopefully I'll get a better one in the next 25 boxes.

Blues1990

Anyone up for a round or two? My Battle.net username is the same as my NeoGAF username. Just a couple rounds in Quickplay, as I don't have access to Ranked just yet.

Gorillaz

the games aren't always good but it does feel like some new game plus shit in terms of matches

Owzers

game is truly a piece of shit in quick play now

edit: not only that but Im tired of seeing fucking mercy as the healer, would rather get lucio or zen

Mercy hate...what has this game become? You are going to get Ana as your only healer next game for this.

As a Roadhog main, I think his hitbox is fine

Of course a Roadhog main would say that. :p But is it really?
Mind you the video is outdated about projectile hitboxes, but to my knowledge, no changes were made to Roadhog's hook.

Telling y'all right now you don't want to be trapped inside of a buffed Winston shield or to have it sitting longer in the middle of your team fight. Shit gets crazy already when he manages to lock out half a team for just a couple seconds.

The guy lands on people dealing 50 AOE splash damage, locks them from the rest of the team, and starts dealing cleave damage. While being super tanky and having the leap on a low enough CD he can just bail. You guys want that to be stronger?

I get why people want Sym adjusted, but that actually makes no sense to me lol

I wouldn't change anything about the shield itself, but lower its cooldown by a second or two, at best. The shield itself is fine.

Drewfonse

I'm a reaper main, if we need a tank I'll go Roadhog or such. I might not be the best at him due to a huge time gap and the fact my 70s rank was reached with a DPS, but like hell I'm picking our 4th dps.

Also playing Genji in QP makes me want to buy on PC so badly.

Every single one of your posts mentions your 70s rank. Every. Single. One.

Yes, I'm jealous, hahaha

Soulflarz

Banned
Every single one of your posts mentions your 70s rank. Every. Single. One.

Yes, I'm jealous, hahaha
Nah, just recently, since it's why I had to quit :<
So mainly on this page/last probably :p
Also cause I don't play QP so the game is a completely different thing at that rank.

Now, on topic, roadhogs chain is stupid. The amount of times I've gotten chained through walls is ridiculous.
Is it tick rate? Does the game not care about walls?

Edit: *scrolls back* pls this is my only instance for 5 pages and I post in here a ton >_>

Ranked.

First round of volksaya. we are on attack. took the first point easily. then we got stuck trying to capture the last one. couldn't really get near it so we never got it. the Lucio on their other team goes ez after that round. no one on our team said anything. So it was our turn to defend.
well.

Of course a Roadhog main would say that. :p But is it really?
Mind you the video is outdated about projectile hitboxes, but to my knowledge, no changes were made to Roadhog's hook.
Except even with those hit boxes, the average hook accuracy is around 45-55%, so it's not like hooking people is insanely easy. I'm sure there's a reason why they are like that and I feel that any nerf to Roadhog will make him inferior to the other tanks.

Soulflarz

Banned
Except even with those hit boxes, the average hook accuracy is around 45-55%, so it's not like hooking people is insanely easy. I'm sure there's a reason why they are like that and I feel that any nerf to Roadhog will make him inferior to the other tanks.
The issue is his chain right now is cheap. Would you like to get defense matrix'd around 2 corners or eating a lucio bloop as you've turned a corner by a whole second? That's what it basically is at this point- a move that completely ignores players going out of their way to avoid it.

Theres skill in accuracy but it's by no means a fair move.

Anne

After I sleep I might write some thoughts on Roadhog. The long and short of it is I don't think he's OP right now, but his design is a huge problem and the current hook mechanics are not great for game health. He'll probably need to be changed in the future somehow, but we're not to that point yet.

Drewfonse

Nah, just recently, since it's why I had to quit :<
So mainly on this page/last probably :p
Also cause I don't play QP so the game is a completely different thing at that rank.

Now, on topic, roadhogs chain is stupid. The amount of times I've gotten chained through walls is ridiculous.
Is it tick rate? Does the game not care about walls?

Edit: *scrolls back* pls this is my only instance for 5 pages and I post in here a ton >_>

Sorry, I sounded snarky. 70s is amazing.

Finally starting to win consistently in ranked after I traded Mercy for Zenyatta as my go to.

He's perpetual beast mode for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom