• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azoor

Well, this is gonna turn out well.

DLVea0.png

they need to fix roadhogs hook. he shouldnt be able to pull you through a wall.
reinhardts charge shouldnt pin you if you arent directly infront of him
buff winstons damage and shield
and remove tracer

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
they need to fix roadhogs hook. he shouldnt be able to pull you through a wall.
reinhardts charge shouldnt pin you if you arent directly infront of him
buff winstons damage and shield
and remove tracer

I would be fine if they make roadhog's hook less wonky in those situations if it also stopped putting lucio and genji at weird ass spots. ._.

Apathy

The tournament going on this weekend has really suffered from too much downtime, even between just maps of the same teams going at it.

Well, this is gonna turn out well.

They must've queued up together and all decided to go thematic, otherwise there's no explanation for this lol. If this happened to me, I also would've gone Hanzo, cause fuck it.

It's a bit unfortunate Flik has become reasonably popular as an Overwatch streamer/Youtuber, because his silly 6-stacks and other themed groups have been quite an inspiration to others.

Veelk

Banned
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

You're a funny dude.

What? You got a MOUSE, man. All we have is thumbsticks, and we manage to get some decent players with him once in a blue moon. Whats your excuse?

duckroll

is the mode vs ai, is your team ai also or just the enemy team. I didnt want to talk and have an penny arcade unreal tournament moment here.

The enemy team is AI, your team are real players who also queued for vs AI mode.

What? You got a MOUSE, man. All we have is thumbsticks, and we manage to get some decent players with him once in a blue moon. Whats your excuse?

No, you don't understand. The problem isn't PLAYING as Hanzo. It isn't a character problem, it's a bad-player problem. Bad players LOVE to play Hanzo because they're dumb kids who watched the DRAGON trailer and think he's super cool. Then they stand behind everyone else like a sniper doing JACK SHIT for the whole game. ARGH!!!!! Seeing Hanzo selected by random players is almost always a sign of a bad player.

MartyStu

I pretty much immediately leave all games where people want to act a fool with their picks; my time is too valuable.

That said, one of the most fun games I have had was with 5 Junkrats and me on Lucio. Not only did we manage to win, we dominated.

People who can't aim for shit won't be any better with a mouse. And even if they did: Shitty Hanzos are shitty Hanzos not because they can't get kills, but rather because they just scamper off into their vantage point, never assist in team fights, never go for the objective and don't care about anything but their kill count (which usually isn't very high anyway given their detachment from combat situations).

Drewfonse

So I've fallen in love with Zenyatta now. He was the last character I ever touched when I got the game but now he's my go to if I can. I've won 7 outta 10 competitive games with him too. I love the discord orb and I think it really helps the team. His ult is great when trying to capture or defend on the point. Also, I average 22 eliminations per game with him which I think is pretty good for a support character. So far I've put in 2 hours with him and have spent 52 minutes of it on fire.

Yup. Same experience here. Once I started regularly playing as him, my win % started rising. He's a great combination of a damage dealer and healer/de buffer

2 things:

1. Fuck Pharah, at least on consoles.

2. What's up with teammates leaving, regularly, when you are....winning? I mean, I don't get leaving at any point, but when you're winning? What a big screw you to your teammmates.

AngryMoth

I swear any time a hanzo kills me on console on their kill cam it looks like they are just randomly spamming arrows at headshot level and I happen to walk into one

Owzers

I swear any time a hanzo kills me on console on their kill cam it looks like they are just randomly spamming arrows at headshot level and I happen to walk into one

Yep, stuff like that has been bothering me lately because i've noticed i'm dying too much. Other fun stuff:

Turning a corner and walking into a charging Reinhardt.
Jumping off a ledge at an angle and landing on a tracer ult meant for someone else.

Zomba13

Don't worry, it's mostly that way on PC too. And most of the time it is because they are spamming arrows and you walk into one, not because they meant to do it.

Borden

Neo Member
Yup. Same experience here. Once I started regularly playing as him, my win % started rising. He's a great combination of a damage dealer and healer/de buffer

2 things:

1. Fuck Pharah, at least on consoles.

2. What's up with teammates leaving, regularly, when you are....winning? I mean, I don't get leaving at any point, but when you're winning? What a big screw you to your teammmates.

1.b Fuck Tracer, at least on consoles.
2. I think it's disconnects. I just finished a match where the person came back on a couple of times, after we were up 1-0 in KoTH. We ended up winning 3-1 basically going 5v6 for the last round and a half. So our team was pretty good which makes me think that the person kept getting disconnected.
Also, after every search I have to "rejoin" the game even though the match hasn't even started.

Drewfonse

1.b Fuck Tracer, at least on consoles.
2. I think it's disconnects. I just finished a match where the person came back on a couple of times, after we were up 1-0 in KoTH. We ended up winning 3-1 basically going 5v6 for the last round and a half. So our team was pretty good which makes me think that the person kept getting disconnected.
Also, after every search I have to "rejoin" the game even though the match hasn't even started.

I was wondering about that. But in my experience, it's really rare for the leaver to come back. It does happen, but maybe 1 out of every 10 times. It's a bummer that the system can't really differentiate between quitters and disconnects, because it is putting a major damper on the game right now, for me.

Borden

Neo Member
I was wondering about that. But in my experience, it's really rare for the leaver to come back. It does happen, but maybe 1 out of every 10 times. It's a bummer that the system can't really differentiate between quitters and disconnects, because it is putting a major damper on the game right now, for me.
I agree. The leavers are the worst part of the game. Then the people that complain the entire match. Then everything else.

Prelude.

I agree. The leavers are the worst part of the game. Then the people that complain the entire match. Then everything else.
Never switching Genji/Hanzo/Torbjorn are worse than those. I'd rather have a leaver than being stuck with one of them, at least I get less salty.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Nope, no Genji. So the server error is caused by a player?

It can happen normally as well but in the case someone is going to lose they could force the server to die if they are a complete scumbag with Genji or Hanzo.

AFAIK it still isn't fixed.

Veelk

Banned
No, you don't understand. The problem isn't PLAYING as Hanzo. It isn't a character problem, it's a bad-player problem. Bad players LOVE to play Hanzo because they're dumb kids who watched the DRAGON trailer and think he's super cool. Then they stand behind everyone else like a sniper doing JACK SHIT for the whole game. ARGH!!!!! Seeing Hanzo selected by random players is almost always a sign of a bad player.

I don't get it. I see Genji's who feed the enemy Ults, Torbs that place their turrets in moronic positions on attack, Ana's who go entire games without healing, D.Va's throwing their self destructs out a window, Mercy's that can't seem to stay alive, Bastions that never let them being killed over and over down them....

It's just weird that, if you're arguing there is nothing wrong with the character himself, at Hanzo is the one bad players flock to. While people certainly are better with some than others, bad players will be bad players regardless.

Anyway, my original point was that, all else being equal, a bad Hanzo player will be a better Hanzo player on PC than Console. That's all I was getting at.

It can happen normally as well but in the case someone is going to lose they could force the server to die if they are a complete scumbag with Genji or Hanzo.

AFAIK it still isn't fixed.
What's this bug? If you don't want to post it here but don't mind PMing me I'd love to know. I don't play Competitive or anything so if you're worried about me using it, I won't.

Quixzlizx

Is there a good Youtube tutorial series for the various characters so I'm not completely clueless when I start playing?

I'll probably have to wait before buying/playing the game anyway because my router crapped the bed, and my backup router is wireless-g.

Prelude.

hesido

Is there a good Youtube tutorial series for the various characters so I'm not completely clueless when I start playing?

I'll probably have to wait before buying/playing the game anyway because my router crapped the bed, and my backup router is wireless-g.

Playing against the AI on easy when you have access to the game is good for getting to grips with the character abilities. I like the blind approach and I try to form my own play style from my own experience and from the people I play with / against. Trying to adhere to something I see on youtube frustrates me if I can't replicate it due to my skill (perhaps lack of)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom