• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

Two games in a row I have to put up with this shit, he was in a party with 2 other guys, but how is this matchup even remotely fair? It's the equivalent of a Onyx/Champion in Halo playing a Gold.

x5DuM31.jpg

The guys he was with were 50s, so why are they getting matched with a 70 and mid 60s and completely boning their team in the process.

benzopil

Climbed from 50 to 54 on PS4 today. But man, I'm so tired of playing Zarya. Nobody picks tanks, I'm terrible with Rein, Winston is too situational, Roadhog is inconsistent... So I have 7 hours with Zarya and only sometimes I can pick Soldier or Mercy.

Zarya is fun, but I think it will be enough for me very soon. Got 53 eliminations today in one match, so I'm getting much better with her and that's probably good.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
They really need to kick up the whacky levels on Brawl, raise Ultimate charge rates, fuck with gravity(if possible), raise movement speed, other goofy shit.

Gator86

Tracer's one of the best characters in the game and is borderline unkillable.

Basically. A good Tracer can stomp an entire team by herself on console where the aiming is too garbage to just headshot her immediately. I've had to switch to Torb and build a turret behind us on attack just to stop her from slaughtering the rest of my hapless team over and over.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They really need to kick up the whacky levels on Brawl, raise Ultimate charge rates, fuck with gravity(if possible), raise movement speed, other goofy shit.

It's been a real disappointing feature so far to me. I wanted more along the lines of 'everyone is tracer and someone at random gets picked to be Winston every 30 seconds' or 'secondary weapons only' or 'moon physics' or the '10x mode' from tf2 but it's pretty much 'you can only be these heroes' like it takes it self too seriously

Gator86

Symmetra is the best character.

Symmetra is love.

Symmetra melts through 5 characters in less than 5 seconds.

Welcome to my reality.

Seriously I'm god awful at playing Offense, but oh the webs I weave as Symmetra on Defense is so good. Move over Widowmaker, the real black widow is Symmetra baiting foolish Genji and Reaper and such into my 6 turret car wash of death. Oh you think you can move the payload? Lets see you move past a seemingly infinite minefield of turret annoyances while my team moves in to kill you, immediately coming back to haunt you if you even manage to kill them thanks to the teleport. Also the fear people have of Symmetra coming straight at them is fantastic. Until D.va and Zen gets a decent buff (if D.va deserves a buff, I guess that's still debatable), Symmetra is officially my main.

On a totally different, unrelated topic: I hate Winston.

Symmetra is a lot like Torb in that she benefits a ton from the aiming on console. I can't imagine she's nearly as good on PC where she can't get away with just running straight at people and assuming she'll win thanks to the shit aiming or hiding turrets all over, forcing people to aim at half a dozen things precisely under pressure.

benzopil

Symmetra is a lot like Torb in that she benefits a ton from the aiming on console. I can't imagine she's nearly as good on PC where she can't get away with just running straight at people and assuming she'll win thanks to the shit aiming or hiding turrets all over, forcing people to aim at half a dozen things precisely under pressure.
In competitive her winrate on PC is higher than on PS4.

Prelude.

Keep jumping and run around the enemy, she's actually pretty hard to hit and she doesn't even have to aim. When I take her I always manage to kill a surprising amount of people, especially on Hollywood defence since it has a lot of places to hide.

Any single burst damage that exceeds 200hp (junk's wheel, nerf this, etc. etc.) gets nullified in its entirety.
Oh, I see. That's why I noticed it when I was getting shot by a turret mode Bastion but not during various ults.

Basically. A good Tracer can stomp an entire team by herself on console where the aiming is too garbage to just headshot her immediately. I've had to switch to Torb and build a turret behind us on attack just to stop her from slaughtering the rest of my hapless team over and over.

I just need to chime in and seriously ask some of you...... Do you think aiming with an analog stick is impossible or something?????? I see it time and time again in this topic that console players can't aim. I Seriously am saying to myself wtf because I don't get it. I play pad on both PC and console and there's no difference in the ability to put a cursor over a character to shoot at. It's blowing my mind that this is such a big deal to the extent that Torbs sentries are nerfed on console because of it!!! Maybe it's because I've played so many console shooters over the years that I'm used to analog controls, but my aiming ability is exactly the same as if I used a mouse. Is there a single soul thats in my same boat because I feel alone!
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, I met a lvl 325 last night.

You'd have to be playing every waking hour since launch haven't you?

benzopil

I just need to chime in and seriously ask some of you...... Do you think aiming with analog sticks is impossible or something?????? I see it time and time again in this topic that console players can't aim. I Seriously am saying to myself wtf because I don't get it. I play pad on both PC and console and there's no difference in the ability to put a cursor over a character to shoot at. It's blowing my mind that this is such a big deal. Maybe it's because I've played so many console shooters over the years that I'm used to analog controls, but my aiming ability is exactly the same as if I used a mouse. Is there a single soul thats in my same boat because I feel alone!
I don't get it too. The funny thing is that a good Tracer is hard to kill even on PC where mighty mouse is "much better" than gamepad. And for some reason a can kill Tracers as McCree, Winston and Zarya with DualShock. Magic!

I don't get it too. The funny thing is that a good Tracer is hard to kill even on PC where mighty mouse is "much better" than gamepad. And for some reason a can kill Tracers as McCree, Winston and Zarya with DualShock. Magic!

Well at least somebody agrees with me lol. I mainly play Reaper, DVA, Winston and Lucio. A good Tracer is going to be running circles around you regardless, of course she's supposed to be a small target but that doesn't make her impossible. I drop her in one good close range head shot at times with Reaper, but that's when I can predict where she's moving. The fact I'm using an analog stick didn't change my aiming as to where I'm planning on shooting her. The other players movements truly dictate the outcome. I can understand how mouse advocates will say that you can more quickly and efficiently adjust aim with the mouse. However you can also adjust sensitivity on analog speed as well. So really, I personally don't feel a difference. It's crazy to me that torbs turrets, a stationary target, were so grossly nerfed because of the belief that the console players couldn't aim at them. I personally have used Pharah or Soldier to very easily line up a shot behind cover, and pop out to unleash a rocket to score direct hits in a mere half of a second. I just don't get the controller hate train.

That's pretty surprising. I'm not sure what would make her kit better on PC than on console. It seems like every skill in her toolbox would be less effective.

Symmetra is mostly used to help hold the fist checkpoint on maps with the teleporter. If people on console are using her all the time when she isn't as good just because they can't aim then I can see her being less effective.

X-Frame

I just need to chime in and seriously ask some of you...... Do you think aiming with an analog stick is impossible or something?????? I see it time and time again in this topic that console players can't aim. I Seriously am saying to myself wtf because I don't get it. I play pad on both PC and console and there's no difference in the ability to put a cursor over a character to shoot at. It's blowing my mind that this is such a big deal to the extent that Torbs sentries are nerfed on console because of it!!! Maybe it's because I've played so many console shooters over the years that I'm used to analog controls, but my aiming ability is exactly the same as if I used a mouse. Is there a single soul thats in my same boat because I feel alone!
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

The aiming is a lot less precise in Overwatch compared to other popular shooters right now. Whether it's by design or looking to be addressed by Blizzard, if you switch between Overwatch and a game like Destiny you'd notice an immediate difference, with it being significantly easier to aim in Destiny.

That is at least my opinion, others may disagree or not notice as much of a difference. Sniping in Destiny vs. using Widow is a huge difference to me.

I believe she still has the overall highest winrate on PC.

El Sloth

Banned
Anyone on xbone want to do some ranked together later? I still have to do my placement matches and was hoping to do it with a team.

Keep jumping and run around the enemy, she's actually pretty hard to hit and she doesn't even have to aim. When I take her I always manage to kill a surprising amount of people, especially on Hollywood defence since it has a lot of places to hide.

Yup, you gotta pick your spots and try to grab stragglers before they make it back to their group (too many times I've been on somebody's tail and was so focused on keep the beam on them, that I end up following them all the way back to the rest of their team... dumb dumb dumb), but Symmetra is a beast when you know where to flank and catch people by surprise. My favorite trick is to hide up on higher ground and, when a group of enemies comes by, jump right behind the last one - usually the medic - and hit them from behind. Often I can get a kill off and hoof it before they even know what happened.

Oh, and on behalf of all Symmetra players: fuck Junkrat's passive skill. Fuck it so, so much. I always know it's coming and yet I can never get out of the blast radius in time.

I believe she still has the overall highest winrate on PC.

I saw somebody explain that somewhere else, I think on Reddit: Symmetra is a character you switch away from in the course of the match, and usually never switch TO. Most Symmetra players, myself included, will usually pick someone else when the game isn't going our way, and the enemy is pushing too hard too fast. And since the game counts the last character you're playing as as the one who "lost," then that's why Symmetra's win rate is probably artifically high.

Zemm

The map rotation needs seriously looking at. There needs to be a rule where once you play a map it won't be seen again until you've played 4-6 others, or ideally split matchmaking two options, KotH and Objective. Sometimes I just really want to play KotH and out of 15 games you get one KotH map.

benzopil

The aiming is a lot less precise in Overwatch compared to other popular shooters right now. Whether it's by design or looking to be addressed by Blizzard, if you switch between Overwatch and a game like Destiny you'd notice an immediate difference, with it being significantly easier to aim in Destiny.

That is at least my opinion, others may disagree or not notice as much of a difference. Sniping in Destiny vs. using Widow is a huge difference to me.
After 900 hours in Destiny I still can't snipe in that game. In Overwatch I landed headshots as Widow almost from day one.

I agree it's definitely less precise.

Zemm

Speaking of Tracer, even a lot of higher level people can't deal with her on PC.

lOGVTkv.png

It feels like the best counter to a Tracer is another Tracer or a McCree that can left click headshots consistently.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Speaking of Tracer, even a lot of higher level people can't deal with her on PC.

lOGVTkv.png

It feels like the best counter to a Tracer is another Tracer or a McCree that can left click headshots consistently.
The best counter to Tracer is a good Genji.

benzopil

Funny Torbjorn stats from competitive: on PC his winrate is 58.9%, on PS4 — 58.2%.

I guess people on console who care about hero switching and other stuff finally learned how to deal with Torb. But we'll still get that nerf unfortunately.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
When I was playing as the asshole hanzo last night it did feel pretty good to just disintegrate tracers by scatter shotting her.

Just how big is Pharah's hitbox? I died behind a wall from Soldier 76 (no he did not have his ult, just regular shooting). I ran into the objective room fired a few rockets then ran out, stopped and reloaded then died.

In the Kill replay it showed Soldier 76 shooting at me as I left the room went around the corner. Then "Eliminated Trail-Guide" shows up even though he couldn't see me. I guess I stopped too close to the door and so my hitbox was still in the doorway and that's how he could kill me even though he was shooting nothing but air.

It was probably just lag that caused the anomaly because the point was being heavily contested at the time but man did it feel like a cheap death.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
The map rotation needs seriously looking at. There needs to be a rule where once you play a map it won't be seen again until you've played 4-6 others, or ideally split matchmaking two options, KotH and Objective. Sometimes I just really want to play KotH and out of 15 games you get one KotH map.

I just want to be able to filter maps period, at least on Quick Play, doubt we'd see that on competitive. There are some maps I really like doing, others not so much. Being given that choice would be great, especially as more are added in the future (still hoping for some capture the flag at some point).

Zemm

I just want to be able to filter maps period, at least on Quick Play, doubt we'd see that on competitive. There are some maps I really like doing, others not so much. Being given that choice would be great, especially as more are added in the future (still hoping for some capture the flag at some point).

This would be idea but I just can't see them ever doing that so tried to settle for something abit more realistic. Sometimes I just want to play 1 or 2 maps over and over and the next day something else. I'd be happy if I never had to play Volskaya, Anubis or Hanamura again.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Now that I've prestiged, ima wait until level 20 to open up all my boxes. I can't wait to get nothing but blues and greys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom