• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Torb on Attack is actually not bad and can actually screw up the enemy teams who aren't sure how to deal with it.

There are absolutely games where I can't work my Mercy magic because of my team's comp or - more often - behavior. That happens - so I switch to Lucio or Pharah or Zarya or whatever I think may turn the tide - but when a team is really workin' it and you're constantly, 100% of the time healing, buffing, shooting and catchin' on fire, Mercy can make a huge difference. She'll never carry a bad team - or even be of much use to one - but she can make a good one great, and a great one unstoppable.
This is my experience, if my team is just scattered around the map I'm no use, so I usually just go to Pharah and do what I can.

xaosslug

i turn all sound off. RIP

what? How do you know if there's a turret or teleporter ahead, and if they've been taken care of? o_0

Torb on Attack is actually not bad and can actually screw up the enemy teams who aren't sure how to deal with it.

yep, esp. if you're a player that doesn't solely rely on Torb's turret and know how to use his alt-fire... sent many a D.Va/Reaper/Pharah/S76's running scared with one blast when they realize, unless they're on a suicide mission. ;)

Onemic

This the fourth OT

Do we really need to have a 15,000 post OP every fucking OT created
I left a link that gives you all the fucking info you need

OK Matt Frost sorry I rusteled your jimmies or triggered you, by not having dedicated OP info, yet with one click you get to the info!

No one was making the thread, so I did it, kept it plain and simple and the conversation continued, isn't that more important than copy/pasting the absurd info amount

At least link to the desktop version of the OT

mbpm1

This the fourth OT

OK Matt Frost sorry I rusteled your jimmies or triggered you, by not having dedicated OP info, yet with one click you get to the info!

No one was making the thread, so I did it, kept it plain and simple and the conversation continued, isn't that more important than copy/pasting the absurd info amount

Nope, the most important thing is the OP having crazy photoshops and gifs.

peakish

Went back to quick play to learn a lower sensitivity, it's definitely quite different in there compared to rank. Still had some really good games after I started getting used to aiming again but comps and team play is more wild west for sure. Still was great fun, in part due to the "quick" part of the name as unless many players quit or there were many steamrolls in a row you just roll into the next map without returning to the menu and starting over again. That's how you keep playing just one round more.

Onemic

Not usually. Roadhog is great for Defense IMO and is self-sustaining with his heal so less reliance on other characters.

Zarya is also a good pick even if there are no other Tanks but so long as there are other push-classes that will be aggressive for Zarya to throw shields on. So a Tracer, Reaper, Genji will still do well to generate Energy for Zarya unless they're flanking way out of her LoS.

What about on defense where you're likely to not get as many offensive heroes?

xaosslug

This the fourth OT

you could at least add the quotable community links? You can't access them in the page you linked because the thread is locked. Mess. LOL

Just had the best streak since rank. I went from 47 to 52. Most of the matches I was lucky enough to get matched with decent players.

The first match on Dorado, we got crushed in def, team started bitching with each other. I said that if something was not working, someone should say something during and not after the damn match. When it was our turn to attack, I gave some suggestions on how we should proceed, everybody was surprisingly very understanding and we fucking crushed them even harder. We then went on to win in sudden death. Man, that one felt great.

Then there was the last match. There was this one tracer, who was silent during the whole game. It was not working, some people and I asked him to switch to soldier to counter their godlike Pharah. No response. We failed to push the last stretch in King's Row. Then our turn to def, he still played Tracer. We got pushed damn hard but somehow managed to hold them barely after the 2nd point. We won. He and I were the only one on our team to be voted. I healed for 18K and he got 44 eliminations, which admittedly is not bad at all. Only until then did he say: "Tracer, please switch". lol.

Ramirez

What about on defense where you're likely to not get as many offensive heroes?

Hang out at the door ways, run out into a group, throw your shield up, then get back in. A fully charged Zarya usually makes teams very hesitant to make a big push. I've held the door on Anubis/Hanamura so many times as Zarya. It really all boils down to how competent each team is though, you can tell pretty quickly if a Zarya is going to work or not.

Last night me and some family member were playing online. I proceeded to type "I thought this was a bot match. Oh no". Joking of course. The other team started playing along with it and were saying "beep boop" or several "MissionFailed.exe" comments. Not only was it a funny game but very competitive and close on several matches. Probably the funniest moments I have had in this game. Overwatch is love although it makes me rage at times.

mbpm1

Last night me and some family member were playing online. I proceeded to type "I thought this was a bot match. Oh no". Joking of course. The other team started playing along with it and were saying "beep boop" or several "MissionFailed.exe" comments. Not only was it a funny game but very competitive and close on several matches. Probably the funniest moments I have had in this game. Overwatch is love although it makes me rage at times.

I like how bots always say gg like they're actual people.

Nephix

I literally can't get out of the low 50's, goddddddddd (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

yeah, the ez people, I have to imagine are kids. I had a really good match today, lost in a long overtime to a last second Pharah ult and the the Bastion on the other team just start spamming ez in chat. His own team went off on him and of course he started telling his teammates how they did nothing. The urge to get under peoples' skin after a quality match is something I can only see a middle schooler getting a kick out of.

aeolist

Banned
do people still complain about bastion? every time i see one i instantly know that team is going to lose, he's just garbage

Nephix

Like hey, I don't mind the "EZ" ppl but the racists are getting damn tiring on this thing.
Are Blizzard doing anything about it when you report even?

Feel sorry for anyone that has to deal with these idiots.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
do people still complain about bastion? every time i see one i instantly know that team is going to lose, he's just garbage

Bastion during BETA infancy was a hassle, cause most were learning the classes

Little by little people took note how to gain advantage over him

Bastion in the right hands still can be a deterrence
You can't play him as a lockdown class anymore

Player base overall know that Bastion is a last resort/situational character
Stop payload from capping, or if a team goes tank heavy say 3+
Bastion can shred Winston/Roadhog/Zarya, destroy Rein's shield or push D.Va out of the mech

Only complaint I have about Bastion is teams get tunnel vision and don't adjust when someone plays Bastion, they don't want to change to counter, hoping someone on their team would the job, yet keep during to the Gatling gun, until one finally does and destroys them, then you see no more Bastion, but it takes awhile for it to register

Symmetra is the best character.

Symmetra is love.

Symmetra melts through 5 characters in less than 5 seconds.

Welcome to my reality.

Seriously I'm god awful at playing Offense, but oh the webs I weave as Symmetra on Defense is so good. Move over Widowmaker, the real black widow is Symmetra baiting foolish Genji and Reaper and such into my 6 turret car wash of death. Oh you think you can move the payload? Lets see you move past a seemingly infinite minefield of turret annoyances while my team moves in to kill you, immediately coming back to haunt you if you even manage to kill them thanks to the teleport. Also the fear people have of Symmetra coming straight at them is fantastic. Until D.va and Zen gets a decent buff (if D.va deserves a buff, I guess that's still debatable), Symmetra is officially my main.

On a totally different, unrelated topic: I hate Winston.

matmanx1

Anyone seen this on PC? I noticed some replays of Soliders dropping me way, WAY too quickly and without missing a shot and am wondering if this is to blame:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqXydfeSofY

Ugh, disgusting. I hope they can fix that quickly.

90% of the matches we lack damage output and a healer, so yeah I go Lucio.

There's only so much I can do and I would rather lose playing the team game than lose trying to be the MVP, so I feel like picking support is in the cards for me.

The times I play Mercy all I hear is "I need healing" as they run away from the point or away from me, and then I die with ult up and they die after I do.

Also how many times do I need to call out someone before people typically react to it? I try to watch every entrance and call things out but it's a miracle if people react to it.

I was hoping competitive would be a little less YOLO than quick play, and I know it's probably dunning-Kruger effect at work but I always feel like the other team is a well oiled machine and we're a car with square wheels.

With Mercy, I generally say right away "matmanx1" is playing Mercy and I will be hanging out behind player "Cooldude" who is playing Reinhardt. It at least lets my team know that I have a game plan and that I'm going to be supporting the tank.

jorgejjvr

Looking for people on PS4 that play often, I mostly play at nights!

PSN: jorgejjvr

edit: thinking of competitive and voice chat :)

MG310

Avoid Berzerker22285 in Competitive on PS4. Plays as Mei on Nepal...keeps setting up ice walls to block his own team from getting into the building.

Somehow got paired with him at Level 40 when he's level 13.

edgefusion

The first placement match I had someone immediately bail, followed by someone else and we lost. The second placement match someone immediately bailed, followed by my team going full stupid (hanzo, hanzo, widow or double reinhardts). Meanwhile we're matched up against world-class super teams who delight in their ez 5v4 or 5v3 matches. Just once I'd like to be matched up against the team where half quit and the other half are apparently playing for the first time ever, instead of always being on that team.

I may as well just forget competitive and leave it to Quick Play, where at least being matched with drooling idiots or ragequitters isn't going to negatively impact me... /rant

LiK

Avoid Berzerker22285 in Competitive on PS4. Plays as Mei on Nepal...keeps setting up ice walls to block his own team from getting into the building.

Somehow got paired with him at Level 40 when he's level 13.

wait, i thought anyone under 25 can't play Comp.

seagull has played ranked like 5 hours on stream everyday, 2-3 queue, and he hasn't climbed much if at all and that's with winning a lot. Playing hard matches for several rounds, 1 guy dcs. reconnects, he gets almost nothing, one loss loses 1 rank lol.

I checked shayed's stream, she plays support with him, she gets about half of what he gets, that's even worse.
I mean, this is how Elo works. When you're near the upper bounds, it's far easier to fall than to climb. Progression is not supposed to be linear.

aeolist

Banned
I mean, this is how Elo works. When you're near the upper bounds, it's far easier to fall than to climb. Progression is not supposed to be linear.

isn't the idea to get you into a bracket of people roughly your skill so you'll be winning and losing with equal frequency? that's not happening with me, i'm consistently >60% winrate in comp and haven't climbed so i'm still playing the same people.

if you're winning 80% or more of your games like some pros you should probably be in the 90s right now and i don't think anyone's past 82 or so

So why play that game mode?

I like the competitive mode, I find it much more thrilling to play.
I do not like the shit sudden death mode where you get 1 minute 30 seconds to attack and win the point, when in reality, or most games ive seen or played, it takes longer than that.
Especially when none of the team on PS4 ever talk on the mic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom