• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerZ

So many incompetent randoms in competitive mode it's absolutely baffling. Be a useless genji why don't you, be a useless torbjorn why don't you. So crazy.

Just played a game of the brawl and as I suspected, Symmetra totally dominates that shit, especially playing Defense. Will admit that the team almost got us by sneaking around our lines, plopping down a teleporter next to the point, and nearly managing to take it. But once we got back in position, it was me and the other Sym just hopping around melting Lucios and Zenyattas left and right. Somebody in the chat even complained about how powerful Sym's beam is and how it needs a nerf. Glorious.

finalflame

Im on console :/

AnNeaC1.gif

ISOM

So many incompetent randoms in competitive mode it's absolutely baffling. Be a useless genji why don't you, be a useless torbjorn why don't you. So crazy.

I'm in the low 50s rank and still find players that don't seem to know how to be useful in this game. I don't know why the placement system doesn't put them in the 30s where they belong.

Superflat

Just had a Mighty Ducks moment in the last competitive match.

I was healer on KOTH, and there were zero tanks on the team. After getting bodied on the first map, people were calling each other out and breeding toxicity -- talking about their golds in elims/damage, how someone fucked up their ult, calling out "bad" picks, etc. No one ended up playing a tank again on the second map and we lost that one too.

On the third (and possibly final) map, everyone begrudgingly put their differences aside, matched the other team by switching heroes during the match and won it -- and we won the next two after that, earning a victory. Ended with everyone on the team thanking/congratulating each other in chat.

A beautiful moment indeed. After the second round I was pretty much 100% sure I was going to soak up a loss. Faith in humanity somewhat partially restored.

exYle

I've had less issues with Roadhog's as of late. Been getting better at baiting them to Hook as I Blink, Reaper's and Genji's have become my public enemy no. 1.

My biggest issue with Tracer as of late has been Junkrat. Been killed lots by random grenade spam and both randomly/strategically placed traps

Zemm

Damn, Ster went from 74 to 68 in a few hours solo/due queuing, he just literally lost a full level from one loss on a coin flip - 90% into 69 to 90% into 68. Madness, but also hilarious.

I'm in the low 50s rank and still find players that don't seem to know how to be useful in this game. I don't know why the placement system doesn't put them in the 30s where they belong.
Hmm. That really doesn't add up. I don't think they are as useless as you think. They earned their rank the same as everyone else. Except on the rare occasion that a younger sibling plays the account or something.

Gator86

*enter thread*

*rants about randoms*

*leaves thread*

My contribution to this thread so far.

That's my usual M.O. for this game haha.

I've solo queued up to 62 and the game is glorious now. People actually know what the fuck they're doing. I have no more rants. Fuck, this is the game I thought I bought back in May. I wish this was a secret mode I had access to all the time. I'm terrified of losing my rank and going back to the salt mines now though.

Egg0

Banned
Damn, Ster went from 74 to 68 in a few hours solo/due queuing, he just literally lost a full level from one loss on a coin flip - 90% into 69 to 90% into 68. Madness, but also hilarious.

I'm watching the stream right now, the noise he made when he saw how much XP he lost lol

Edit: double >_>

Canucked

Tried my first solo comp. had only done gaf team over the weekend. got murdered at spawn by five Zarya and a mercy.

So I feel pretty terrible at this game.

Zemm

Also today I heard my Tracer call other characters a "wanker" and "tosser". Legit laughed out loud at the surprise of it.

Assumimg it's a competent Roadhog that is quick enough to shoot during the stun. It feels like almost half the time I get hooked lately I can blink/recall away before the Roadhog fires.
I'm always pleasantly surprised when a Roadhog doesn't one shot me after the hook as Lucio, tracer, or Genji. It's like, he should have killed me, but somehow missed a point blank shot, whereas if I was the Roadhog, I hit that shot and get the easy kill 9/10 times.

eek5

Well at least somebody agrees with me lol. I mainly play Reaper, DVA, Winston and Lucio. A good Tracer is going to be running circles around you regardless, of course she's supposed to be a small target but that doesn't make her impossible. I drop her in one good close range head shot at times with Reaper, but that's when I can predict where she's moving. The fact I'm using an analog stick didn't change my aiming as to where I'm planning on shooting her. The other players movements truly dictate the outcome. I can understand how mouse advocates will say that you can more quickly and efficiently adjust aim with the mouse. However you can also adjust sensitivity on analog speed as well. So really, I personally don't feel a difference. It's crazy to me that torbs turrets, a stationary target, were so grossly nerfed because of the belief that the console players couldn't aim at them. I personally have used Pharah or Soldier to very easily line up a shot behind cover, and pop out to unleash a rocket to score direct hits in a mere half of a second. I just don't get the controller hate train.

I mean it's great that you're doing well with controller on PC but the fact is torb has like a 70% win rate on console and everyone was complaining about it. At that point it doesn't really matter if console players can aim or not; it needed to be addressed.

FWIW I'm mainly a console player and this is my first M/KB game and even my mediocre M/KB ability far outclasses what I can do with a controller in Overwatch PC. Even after the patch the aiming doesn't feel good at all with a controller. I mean I can hit shit as soldier with controller but theres no way I'm going to even be able to compete with people in the 50 range with him. DVA, winston, and lucio don't really require that kind of precise aiming.

X-Frame

Do we know what the end-of-season reward will be in terms of the Competitive credits to buy the Golden guns?

Will it have something to do with how many credits you have by the end? Or will it be like a multiplier of your end rank or your highest?

What are you playing on?

PC

I just stopped until they fix the leavers issue. It's getting worse and worse.

This is what screwed me over yesterday, most of my wins had leavers so the rank gains were minimal. The rank loss weren't though. Blizzard pls.

STOP PLAYING! PLEASE! Oh God I can't watch...

Just do quick play until the next patch. Or at least spend most of your time there.

I really should. For whatever reason, Ranked in CS:GO never depressed me as much as it does here.

You deserve better than this. It's probably time to quick play for a few months. There's no way it could be worse than the utter hell I'm imagining the mid 30s are.

I know personally I played horribly in my placement matches due to partly because I do kinda suck and I was super nervous for no reason. But yea the mid 30s is every kind of hell you can imagine some of time.

Most people are cool, because they're silent but the loud, toxic ones you clearly remember. Also the leavers are rampant at this low rank too lol.

I'm always pleasantly surprised when a Roadhog doesn't one shot me after the hook as Lucio, tracer, or Genji. It's like, he should have killed me, but somehow missed a point blank shot, whereas if I was the Roadhog, I hit that shot and get the easy kill 9/10 times.
It will happen a lot less if/when they fix the hook. All too often it pulls them to the side or behind or some shit, and after having a perfect shot lined up it can really fuck you up.

Somewhat related: anyone having issues with While Hog tonight? Every time I've used it, after a few seconds the whole game slows way down and my shots start doing nothing. and then suddenly I'll be looking into the sky, and my ult will be over. It's making it MUCH less effective (obviously)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I feel like those characters are the ones who most often get hooked to the side or behind me.

Gator86

It will happen a lot less if/when they fix the hook. All too often it pulls then to the side or behind or some shit, and after having a perfect shot lined up it can really fuck you up.

Somewhat related: anyone having issues with While Hog tonight? Every time I've used it, after a few seconds the whole game slows way down and my shots start doing nothing. and then suddenly I'll be looking into the sky, and my ult will be over. It's making it MUCH less effective (obviously)

To be honest, I hope they don't fix it. It seems like having it be instant, guaranteed death every time is a little too much. It's basically McCree's flashbang if it also pulled you halfway across the map and set you right in front of him to be fanned to death every time.

JaY P.

Hello Overwatch-GAF. I'm a former TF2 player on PC, and am looking to buy Overwatch for PS4 since I no longer have a gaming rig. Before I pull the trigger, I have a few questions regarding the PSN community. First, are there many players on PSN? Second, is there an Overwatch GAF community on PSN? Third, do majority of the players on PSN treat this game as a typical FPS and go for k/d ratio or do they understand the mechanics of the game?

Coming from TF2 I understand the importance of team composition and a playing your role so I do not want to find myself constantly grouping with Selfish offensive minded players.

To be honest, I hope they don't fix it. It seems like having it be instant, guaranteed death every time is a little too much. It's basically McCree's flashbang if it also pulled you halfway across the map and set you right in front of him to be fanned to death every time.
If they fixed it and then he became too powerful and needed a nerf that would really suck. I'm happy now because my favorite hero is in no danger to get nerfed. So if that's the alternative then please don't fix it :p

Wow. It seems like when one guy leaves in comp you're screwed.

And now I'm the only dude left. :(

Most of the time 5v6 is not gonna work out well when both teams are evenly matched. So once the game says you can leave without penalty (but with a loss), people choose that option to save time in a match they think they've already lost. So you might as well leave as well once additional people leave.

aeolist

Banned
what a shitty night for games

everybody salty and blaming everyone but themselves

nobody wanting to counterpick

playing support because i have no choice and losing horribly anyway

gg i guess

Grisby

Most of the time 5v6 is not gonna work out well when both teams are evenly matched. So once the game says you can leave without penalty (but with a loss), people choose that option to save time in a match they think they've already lost. So you might as well leave as well once additional people leave.
Ha, was just removed for inactivity anyways. That was fast. I was only standing still for a little bit.

aeolist

Banned

if you stay the leavers can't queue till the game is done

i drag that shit out every time, fuck those assholes

sometimes the enemy team will let me trigger overtime for a while too

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Weird thing about it is that I had a scenario like that yesterday (leaver was someone I group with and I knew that they didn't leave on purpose) but when I left after the warning it showed that there was an error on the server and I didn't lose any rank at all.

Onemic

Losing when you're playing your best really sucks. My Zarya play has gone through the roof this last week and Im really beginning to groove with her, getting a card for almost every game and getting in the 99th percentile in a ton of stats in Overbuff(stats BOYZ). That feel when you win and know it was you that carried the team is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom