• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Drops the beat

Speed boost

No one pushes

3KWySgn.jpg

Defuser

Thats what piss me off the most as a lucio player, this random players have the CoD mentality in their head. Go off on their own and grab kills. Its very infurating to see your teammates go off on their own to chase for kills and refuses to cap the point. I remind them 3 times for 3 rounds but they still never listen. Whats the point of your teammate playing reinhardt when other 4 are not behind his shield leaving me to back him up?

Thats what piss me off the most as a lucio player, this random players have the CoD mentality in their head. Go off on their own and grab kills. Its very infurating to see your teammates go off on their own to chase for kills and refuses to cap the point. I remind them 3 times for 3 rounds but they still never listen. Whats the point of your teammate playing reinhardt when other 4 are not behind his shield leaving me to back him up?

Need to play with friends. How come there's no GAF trains for Overwatch like we do with Destiny.

Kain

Nothing better than playing ranked, lose the defense round in Hanamura, then your team starts to fight each other, insulting and whatnot, while waiting for the attack round. Needless to say we lost badly said attack run, we couldn't even take the first checkpoint, it was a mess. The defense part wasn't actually that bad, the other team was better but we held our own and we could've at least got a draw if people weren't so eager to insult and be stupid.

Funniest thing was the tank (D. Va) complaining all the fucking round that he got the gold in damage and that meant we were all bad. In fact it was a lie, I got the gold with Junkrat, the DPS was not good, but I was not complaining like him. For the attack he got Tracer and he was dead all the time.

Funny how Hanamura can be fast as fuck or slow as hell depending on the team. I like to defend the first checkpoint much more than the second, there is a lot of room for doing cool stuff (i. e. pick Winston, wait for them to get into the point then start pushing people off the cliff).

Anne

I just watched Gods on a smurf playing the upper 50s range in solo Q.

Goes 74/9 with 28k+ damage and 107% kill participation and loses. Solo Q is the purest form of hell.

Ramirez

Goes 74/9 with 28k+ damage and 107% kill participation and loses. Solo Q is the purest form of hell.

Been saying it for weeks, it is immediately obvious when you're going to win or lose playing solo. There's just nothing you can do with some of these teams the game gives you, as those stats prove.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Right. Same goes for that pole on Nepal, etc.

Don't really qualify playing a character specifically for clock stalling as anything more than cheesy and a detriment to deciding the best team, especially when it's going to be implemented in Competitive. I can see how it's going to go, and it won't be fun.

What do you mean? Isn't clock stalling the defending team's primary objective? Holding the attackers off a payload that's a foot from the goal takes some effort on everyone's part. A slippery healer will just make the defense that much more solid.

Deciding the best team? It's not entirely about that, imo. It's also about on-the-fly adaptation and who has the flexibility (and often humility) to switch it up when things maybe aren't going so well. As a Lucio player, you must understand that it's not simply a case of "lol switch to Lucio," and that it still takes a decent amount of co-ordination and skill to hold the final point for a sustained length of time. If the attackers can steamroll through a map but fall flat at the end, then they clearly weren't using the "best team," as you put it.

Also, have you tried riding that Nepal pillar on console? I think it's fair to say it takes quite a bit of skill/endurance to keep consistent. If you can't knock Lucio off it, or catch him when he inevitably hits the floor, that's on you.

Syntax

I was watching a portion of that stream after he wrecked as Widowmaker and decided to carry as Reinhardt. Then switches off of Reinhardt, to Tracer, does very well as her but the team is left tankless on King's Row.

He did really well. He got a lot of kills and his team ultimately lost to a Zarya+Genji ult combo. Not sure that's a point against solo competitive queuing (what I do) since I didn't notice him trying to work with his team (even if he was trying to carry) and don't know if the other team was more coordinated.

Edit: Though I agree with what I perceived your point to be: solo queue leaves you more at the mercy of RNG.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
One of my friends is newer (level 18 or so) and wanted to play so I grouped up with him for some quick play.

The horrors I witnessed could not be described.

The worst of it was a Gibraltar game where the attackers were 4 dvas, a genji, and a zen. Thank god for no hero stacking in comp because that was the most miserable game I have ever played.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Yeah. Just kind of sucks that the game has been boiled down to maybe half of the roster.
Yeah, I hope the other half of the cast gets balance tweaks soon. They've spent several patches tweaking McCree without touching people he's good against, which doesn't really seem like an ideal way to balance a game.

Solo queue ranked is a miserable experience... Christ.

I feel ya. I am destined to forever bounce up and down between 52-55.

I stick exclusively to solo queue, and I can tell you that getting out of the 50's is probably the hardest part due to the fact that most of the people you're getting paired with are completely awful.

Once you break into the 60's the quality of your teammates increases drastically and it makes things much less frustrating.

Rad-

LG isn't great but isn't Seagull considered one of the best in the world? Would one of those top teams take him? Or are Taimou and Talespin> at DPS?

From what I have watched pro matches I'd say the top 4 dps players in the US scene atm are:

1. Surefour
2/3 tied. Talespin and Seagull
4. Taimou

Teams generally have 2 dps players. Envyus is already stacked in that regard. C9 has Surefour who I think is the best player in the world atm and Reaver who is probably also like top 10 US level. So basically there's not really room for Seagull in the best 2 teams.

LG has Gods also who is really good but from what I have watched he is also very inconsistent. He plays Seagull level plays at times but then in the next match misses almost everything. I guess Gods has potential to be elite as well, he just needs more experience.

I actually played some QP today and enjoyed it. Goes quick, play whoever I want. Don't care about winning, etc. attempted to make my whole team play Dva and they did.

I will want a no stack, competitive rules type game mode when the season ends though. For when I want to play serious.

Auctopus

I see leavers penalty is still broken.

I've played 100s of games without leaving, Internet cuts out twice this morning and I've got leavers penalty. Thought it was based on percentage?

Squire

Banned
Yeah, I hope the other half of the cast gets balance tweaks soon. They've spent several patches tweaking McCree without touching people he's good against, which doesn't really seem like an ideal way to balance a game.

Changing things across the board seems like an excellent way to fix things that aren't broken. Addressing issues as they pop up seems like an excellent way to approach balance, I think.

Like, who is McCree good against that so desperately needs a buff? Pharah?

ramyeon

Defending a point, Zarya decides to go off the point and use her ult by herself with 0 charge - suicide. Roadhog goes ahead after she dies and does the same. FFS tanks we need you on the point.

We lost after that. Those ults would have saved our asses.

caesar

Banned
From what I have watched pro matches I'd say the top 4 dps players in the US scene atm are:

1. Surefour
2/3 tied. Talespin and Seagull
4. Taimou

Teams generally have 2 dps players. Envyus is already stacked in that regard. C9 has Surefour who I think is the best player in the world atm and Reaver who is probably also like top 10 US level. So basically there's not really room for Seagull in the best 2 teams.

LG has Gods also who is really good but from what I have watched he is also very inconsistent. He plays Seagull level plays at times but then in the next match misses almost everything. I guess Gods has potential to be elite as well, he just needs more experience.

Wut Taimou is much better than Seagull.

Anne

Taimou is the hitscan DPS player for the best team in the world. He's pretty good at it.

He was accused of cheating in the beta but hasn't looked fishy since. If he is cheating there's /a lot/ of money wrapped up in whatever private hack he's got going on.

Do remember that there are DPS players that favor hitscan over other types of chars. Each team tends to have a two DPS players with one usually (but not always) sitting on the hitscan heroes.

ramyeon

After night after night of losing games I think I'm done with comp. It's just not fun in 40s hell. No communication, no teamwork. It's not what I want to play and I keep going lower and lower.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Taimou is the hitscan DPS player for the best team in the world. He's pretty good at it.

He was accused of cheating in the beta but hasn't looked fishy since. If he is cheating there's /a lot/ of money wrapped up in whatever private hack he's got going on.

Do remember that there are DPS players that favor hitscan over other types of chars. Each team tends to have a two DPS players with one usually (but not always) sitting on the hitscan heroes.

Are there pro dps players that don't favor hitscan? Other than pharah when she was godlike (remember those days?)

I know seagull like to break out Hanzo for gibraltar attack and tailspin has a pretty mean mei.

Anne

Are there pro dps players that don't favor hitscan? Other than pharah when she was godlike (remember those days?)

I know seagull like to break out Hanzo for gibraltar attack and tailspin has a pretty mean mei.

There are some you rarely see on hitscan in pro matches. Talespin and Seagull both rarely play hitscan DPS in pro matches for example. I'm sure if you ask them they're fine playing hitscan, but there are other players on their team that fill that role better. Having 2 ranged hitscan heroes on the team is pretty redundant so whoever is better at it just gets it usually.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
There are some you rarely see on hitscan in pro matches. Talespin and Seagull both rarely play hitscan DPS in pro matches for example. I'm sure if you ask them they're fine playing hitscan, but there are other players on their team that fill that role better. Having 2 ranged hitscan heroes on the team is pretty redundant so whoever is better at it just gets it usually.

So wait, who do tailspin and seagull default to nowadays? I've seen tailspin going tracer on koth.

Anne

So wait, who do tailspin and seagull default to nowadays? I've seen tailspin going tracer on koth.

When I say hitscan I really mean McCree/Soldier/Widow. Tracer/Reaper are technically hitscan but you pick them for a different purpose generally.

You're not picking them to shoot down Pharah or anything high mobility at range.

Are you on console? Lucio is amazing for those clutch holds. Even if you don't win it's easy to feel yourself when you finally die after 2-3 long minutes and the payload inches across the finish line while you're still respawning. If you manage to defend til the end, the sense of satisfaction is something else!
Nah not this time. On PC. The only reason i died is their ana realized and threw the anti heal on me. Then everyone decided to target me lol

Anne

I still don't know who they default to though now that pharah is lower in the meta. :p

I've seen Seagull on a lot of Genji/Junkrat. Talespin has been all over the place, but mostly on Reaper/Tracer/Genji. Taimou is just the better ranged hitscan player so he'll always be on McCree for Envy.

Then you got guys like Surefour who will pick whatever. Surefour is a top DPS player but I think he's a god or anything. He is the main reason C9 is still relevant though so I would just give whatever DPS slot to him he wants on that team.

Anne

Finally watched C9 vs LG.

I really like LG but I feel like they need to restructure a bit. Whatever is going on with their flex and support is weird; I feel like they are rarely ever on the same page or respond to fights well. Straight looks like they don't practice together a lot vs better teams. I know that's probably not true but boy it looks rough.

Finally watched C9 vs LG.

I really like LG but I feel like they need to restructure a bit. Whatever is going on with their flex and support is weird; I feel like they are rarely ever on the same page or respond to fights well. Straight looks like they don't practice together a lot vs better teams. I know that's probably not true but boy it looks rough.
And it seems like their support is always one of the first to die. It sucks, cause Seagull cut streaming hours to practice for his tourney and they still have so much troubles. Hopefully they quit swapping people out so they can actually build a team.

Veelk

Banned
BTW, I have one question. All Overwatch games I've seen have the subtitle "Origins Edition"

Is there a regular edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom