• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm curious. What is this in response to?
Did....do you not even read above? vvvvv
I guess there was another massive ban that went out today

zLa7Eti.jpg

x4FRDLW.jpg

more here - http://imgur.com/a/ZzSGi

lmao

It's not, the payload will go through. The only time it stops if is someone contests it out it's waiting for doors to open

Yep, this. If her ice block was stopping the payload, it's because she or her team was also close enough to contest.

And on the subject of aimbots and hacks, what the fuck is the point? Is it even fun to play with those?

This isn't like wanting to push through the levels of Contra but the 2nd player keeps dragging you down so you need the Konami code.

The only enjoyment in this game is in the wild scenarios that occur when you're trying to outplay someone else. How would an aimbot still give you that excitement?

And on the subject of aimbots and hacks, what the fuck is the point? Is it even fun to play with those?

This isn't like wanting to push through the levels of Contra but the 2nd player keeps dragging you down so you need the Konami code.

The only enjoyment in this game is in the wild scenarios that occur when you're trying to outplay someone else. How would an aimbot still give you that excitement?

Some people primarily derive enjoyment from winning in games, rather than from a challenge. I don't find it completely unreasonable (I'm sort of the same way), but ruining the game for others in the process isn't okay in my opinion.

The problem with quick play is hero stacking. I hope they get rid of it. After a kings row attack game against a team on 5 Mei and a mercy I said never again (even winning that game).

yep that's the only reason I play ranked really

Don't give a shit about my actual rank

Anne

Guy with the detection tool has more play rates from this week.

Again, his tool isn't 100% accurate but it catches most things.

Also note there were open qualifier teams in some of these still running things like Pharmercy and getting shat on.

Prelude.

I thought it was just Overbuff that fucked up, but it's actually Overwatch itself that thinks I played 9 hours of Zenyatta in competitive, when I used him only for 9 matches.

kPaZsRT.jpg

The hook sometimes works. I end up blowing it up in their face and it kills them 50% of the time.
Really? You shouldn't have enough time to do that, I assumed it applies a micro-stun to the tire like it does to the enemies since it never happened to me.

LiK

I thought it was just Overbuff that fucked up, but it's actually Overwatch itself that thinks I played 9 hours of Zenyatta in competitive, when I used him only for 9 matches.

kPaZsRT.jpg

Really? You shouldn't have enough time to do that, I assumed it applies a micro-stun to the tire like it does to the enemies since it never happened to me.

Yea, I killed some Roadhogs with it before when they hooked it. I thought they were sacrificing themselves. Lol

I guess the stun sometimes doesn't work. Not surprised if that happens cuz the hook is wonky sometimes.

I love the stacking, fun, carelessness, etc. of QP. The solution is not to change it, the solution is to make 'Mobawatch' an all the time playlist. Especially in the down time between competitive seasons.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
*Hooking a self-destructing D.Va to your spot, sacrificing yourself so your team could win the match*
Someone did this to my DVA ult and killed his whole team. The POTG was hilarious. I send my DVA ult into the volskaya choke in point 2, everyone runs away and all of a sudden my robot gets yanked of-screen and "team kill".

So good.

Veelk

Banned
Anyone else trying to make a determination to play other heroes than the ones their best at?

I have 5 hours on D.Va, and less than an hour on most other heroes in Comp. I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE D.Va, but I don't like I default back to her just because she's the hero I play best with. I just feel I have to because often there is a tank missing.

Should I worry that my rank is going to go to shit because of this?

I love the stacking, fun, carelessness, etc. of QP. The solution is not to change it, the solution is to make 'Mobawatch' an all the time playlist. Especially in the down time between competitive seasons.

If this game had more characters (30 would probably be minimum), we could even do a hero draft mode which would be sweet.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Anyone else trying to make a determination to play other heroes than the ones their best at?

I have 5 hours on D.Va, and less than an hour on most other heroes in Comp. I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE D.Va, but I don't like I default back to her just because she's the hero I play best with. I just feel I have to because often there is a tank missing.

Should I worry that my rank is going to go to shit because of this?
I feel ranked is where you play the characters that you're the best at, while quick play is where you go to polish your skills/goof off. Otherwise, what's the point of risking rank playing characters you're not good at?

Apathy

Also note there were open qualifier teams in some of these still running things like Pharmercy and getting shat on.

Haha those defender numbers. Also, soldier and junkrat need to be switched, it's hurting my brain

really wish the game had a dress up mode where I could mix and match outfits from a character that I have. Or at the least heads cause D.va in b.va and junebug have the worst head

LiK

You should always strive to have a main and two alts for Comp, imo. so if someone happens to take your main hero, you have someone to fall back on. You may not be the best with your alt but at least you won't be useless and struggling with a hero you barely play.

Still pisses me off when people play Ana in Comp cuz most of them suck with her.

Veelk

Banned
I feel ranked is where you play the characters that you're the best at, while quick play is where you go to polish your skills/goof off. Otherwise, what's the point of risking rank playing characters you're not good at?

I view QP as TERRIBLE as a practice mode. It's easy to actually get to know how a character controls on an individual level, but how they work within a team is the more important part. QP is especially bad when the other team has a halfway idea of what their doign while yours doesn't, and since this is a team game, no matter how you play, you get wrecked playing.

You should always strive to have a main and two alts for Comp, imo. so if someone happens to take your main hero, you have someone to fall back on. You may not be the best with your alt but at least you won't be useless and struggling with a hero you barely play.

Still pisses me off when people play Ana in Comp cuz most of them suck with her.

Oh, I'm decent with a few other heroes, so that's not the problem. I'm just absolutely best at D.Va, and I fall back on her because she's the one I KNOW I can bring it with.

Moonkeis

I been getting into a weird situation lately in ranked where the supports are selected first...and I'm stuck trying to figure out which offense character I'm "decent" at since all I usually play is support/tanks.

DrArchon

This. I've been trying out Ana recently and I enjoy playing as her, but when I play comp I pick Zen or Mercy when our team needs a healer because in comp wins matter and those are the two healers that I'm best with. I would never pick a hero that I suck with for comp, that's what QP is for.

Anne

I would say have a main role where you can pick diff heroes depending on comp situation, with some flex picks outside of that. If you put all your play into one hero then you risk losing it to meta or counter comps or all kinds of things. If you only have a couple flexes it might not be good enough.

edgefusion

Symmetra's turrets are a joke now, there's almost no point in putting in them down. Even a group of 6 does barely any damage. Why Blizz?

Can't stop, won't stop.

LiK

Symmetra's turrets are a joke now, there's almost no point in putting in them down. Even a group of 6 does barely any damage. Why Blizz?

I've noticed they're only useful when you group them in clusters of 3 or more to inflict real dmg. You can't spread them out anymore and have them be effective. They just tickle you now. Shitty nerf that made her way less effective. Horrible decision when she's rarely played already.

DrArchon

I think everyone can agree that the console nerf to Symmetra was completely uncalled for. She's already one of the least used characters in the game, and her turrets already weren't that threatening on their own.

Total fuck-up on Blizzard's part.

Anne

LG released their entire roster and are picking up an EU team (2Stronk) instead. They're gonna move the EU team to America while the old LG roster figures out what they're gonna be doing.

Former LG team is going by MixUp for now. Should be the same group as before.

Sane_Man

LG released their entire roster and are picking up an EU team (2Stronk) instead. They're gonna move the EU team to America while the old LG roster figures out what they're gonna be doing.

I know LG Overwatch were struggling but this seems extreme.

Rad-

Weird that it took this long to announce. Seagull said weeks ago that there's something happening but he can't talk about it yet. I wonder if they are going to go to Shaq's team.

Anne

I know LG Overwatch were struggling but this seems extreme.

The contracts were going to be up anyways, and other orgs are scouting Seagull and friends anyways. I think they'll be alright, they're still a top 5 NA team after all. Willing to bet they already have some possibilities lined up they have to finalize and get to.

I'm pretty sure Seagull said that the contract with LG expired or something and they decided to part ways. Who knows, this could be a good thing for them.

Anne

I'm pretty sure Seagull said that the contract with LG expired or something and they decided to part ways. Who knows, this could be a good thing for them.

I'm willing to bet this ends up being a good thing for the ones that are staying on.

Hell, could be good for all parties.

Mmmm been too long since I did any solo queues. Had a guy yelling at me for "letting" three of them die when when they were in Zarya's ult so I could get a potg rez, like I could have out-healed the whole enemy team shooting at them, or even gotten close enough to heal without getting sucked into the ult.

Solo queue is just some good livin'

Mmmm been too long since I did any solo queues. Had a guy yelling at me for "letting" three of them die when when they were in Zarya's ult so I could get a potg rez, like I could have out-healed the whole enemy team shooting at them, or even gotten close enough to heal without getting sucked into the ult.

Solo queue is just some good livin'

You can be honest with us here. This is a safe space.

You totally let them die for the rez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom