• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
Do you typically play in solo queue? I find Overwatch is infinitely better with a few friends. It usually helps me take the game a lot less seriously. Although, I'm also just a pretty laid-back person in general, so that probably helps as well.

Yeah, I have some people on, but I only play with others seldom. I don't know why, because you're completely right, it's WAY better to play with other people. Force of habit I guess.

If you're on the PS4 and want to add me, feel free: KingofBlades2278

Azoor

I've been on the attacking team on Gibraltar, and I was the only one who pushed the payload during 80% of the match.

And I was playing a Pharah!

Anne

I'm thinking about double dipping with the PC version. As an OW console player do you think I can do decent on PC? I was/am a pretty good CS player.

If you can aim and adjust for the increase in game speed you can do fine.The main differences I saw on console was that fights go on for basically ever because the game speed is way lower and people have longer TTK i general form analog aiming. On PC even at mid level people get exploded for being called out and fights end quicker.

brian!

I'm thinking about double dipping with the PC version. As an OW console player do you think I can do decent on PC? I was/am a pretty good CS player.

There may be some dissonance initially but after taking some time to unlearn certain things youd probably be fine

Ive only seen console play anecdotally but the biggest difference to me is that console players seem a lot safer in wide open spaces, i see soldiers just jumping around unloading clips in the open

If you can aim and adjust for the increase in game speed you can do fine.The main differences I saw on console was that fights go on for basically ever because the game speed is way lower and people have longer TTK i general form analog aiming. On PC even at mid level people get exploded for being called out and fights end quicker.

I'm still sitting on an old pc with 6950 in CF and a 2600k processor. Will it run fine or should I get a new gpu?

xaosslug

I still run for cover sometimes out of reflex, then I'm like "wait..."

This guy was also playing as Reaper, though, so that might explain part of it. The only way the guy could have been worse was if he had been Hanzo.

see, I was terrible at hiding from her nerf and would always self-kill anyway, so there you go. ;D

lol, they're not all bad! I play w/ a guy who mains reaper and he's a solid dude.

brian!

I still have that bad habit w/ dva ult where i feel compelled to watch the explosion

I dont even notice it but ill see a potg and yup im like a golfer watching a drive

Jarate

Banned
Im MC_Giygas, ill probably be on in 15 minutes or so

just a wee bit hungover right now

also, the game has been putting me in a lot of high level lobbies recently, and those are a lot of fun. one of them I went 52-8 as a reaper/Zarya

Rad-

Im MC_Giygas, ill probably be on in 15 minutes or so

just a wee bit hungover right now

also, the game has been putting me in a lot of high level lobbies recently, and those are a lot of fun. one of them I went 52-8 as a reaper/Zarya

Sent you a friend request. Anyone else want to join?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Why in the actual fuck is my 3 stack being paired with a 3 stack who go Mei, Bastion and Torb? I really need to quit this game, it's just no longer fun.

With every month comes a banwave, with banwave..SALT!

http://imgur.com/a/ZzSGi

This shit is gooooold.

PcEuHCe.jpg

ETp27N7.jpg

someone's getting dumped

Ramirez

Luck can carry you through one match, but not 20.

I was very fortunate on my run to 76 solo. I had no quitters and good teams. I had almost a 63% winning percentage. Since then I fluctuate between 68-72 and my winning percentage has dropped to 52% I believe, lol. Constant bad luck of quitters, 2 three team stacks vs 6 randoms, server errors, Bastion/Torb/Widow+Hanzo attackers, etc.

Luck definitely plays a very large role in solo que.

That said bullshit before you edited it. :p

Skii

Competitive is no joke. Started at rank 57 and I'm already down to rank 54. I dropped a rank for each loss whilst made like a 1/4 rank for each win.

But it's just so easy to be steamrolled in a game. Every single game I've lost is because we get steamrolled early and someone leaves forcing a 5 vs 6 who's already better than us. It's beyond impossible to beat a decent team if you're playing with randoms. Blizzard need to sort this out otherwise I'm going to have to stop playing Overwatch soon.

Blues1990

I had to go and carry Defense for this recent match, while the rest of my team went off to do their own thing but did NOT help me push back the payload, let alone attack the team who was pushing it. I got POTG as Mei with mostly gold, and they told me I did shit all.

I honestly don't know I feel about this. :/

Veelk

Banned
Competitive is no joke. Started at rank 57 and I'm already down to rank 54. I dropped a rank for each loss whilst made like a 1/4 rank for each win.

But it's just so easy to be steamrolled in a game. Every single game I've lost is because we get steamrolled early and someone leaves forcing a 5 vs 6 who's already better than us. It's beyond impossible to beat a decent team if you're playing with randoms. Blizzard need to sort this out otherwise I'm going to have to stop playing Overwatch soon.

I just had the most backhanded match ever that epitomized that.

First we were getting steamrolled by the enemy team. Then one of their players left, and we started getting the upperhand. I was talking into the mic, saying how it's too bad that their player left because I'd rather have won honestly, but we were getting slaughtered, so I guess we'll take the win. Apparently, I was too convincing because someone on our team then left and then their guy game back. Now it was 5 v 6 on us when they were already wrecking our shit with 6 v 6.

It was really bad.

RemiLP

I was very fortunate on my run to 76 solo. I had no quitters and good teams. I had almost a 63% winning percentage. Since then I fluctuate between 68-72 and my winning percentage has dropped to 52% I believe, lol. Constant bad luck of quitters, 2 three team stacks vs 6 randoms, server errors, Bastion/Torb/Widow+Hanzo attackers, etc.

Luck definitely plays a very large role in solo que.

That said bullshit before you edited it. :p

Game by game, sure. But when you keep playing over a long time, its not luck anymore.

Im ranked 50, and no amount of luck would take me to lvl 70. And no amount of bad luck would take you to lvl 50. Of cours its not 100% acurate, and will have some margin of error, but it should throw you near your skill level atleast.

Ramirez

Game by game, sure. But when you keep playing over a long time, its not luck anymore.

Im ranked 50, and no amount of luck would take me to lvl 70. And no amount of bad luck would take you to lvl 50. Of cours its not 100% acurate, and will have some margin of error, but it should throw you near your skill level atleast.

True, you won't bottom out like that.

I still think the game's matchmaking overall does a really poor job of matching up teams right now. Two groups should NEVER be going against 6 randoms, but it happens every day, multiple times.

But ultimately, it's a team game, and solo players will never be catered to, so it's my fault at the end of the day for not forming a team I guess.

We won! Still dumb to me that, that happens so often though.
Well, I wasn't wrong.

I still think the game's matchmaking overall does a really poor job of matching up teams right now. Two groups should NEVER be going against 6 randoms, but it happens every day, multiple times.

The game seems to prioritize balancing the teams' skill ratings over balancing the number of grouped players on a team.

Borden

Neo Member

But ultimately, it's a team game, and solo players will never be catered to, so it's my fault at the end of the day for not forming a team I guess.
I agree. Blizzard has said that they want the majority of players to all be ranked around the same tiers in the middle. The bell curve, if you will. The problem is that, for everyone in middle there really isn't much of a difference in the individual ranks because there is such a high population in those middle tiers. Basically, they aren't true rankings so you have easily mismatched teams.

Ramirez

Well, I wasn't wrong.

The game seems to prioritize balancing the teams' skill ratings over balancing the number of grouped players on a team.

My personal experience tells me they're doing a poor job, because 6 randoms usually always get rolled by two teams.

four genji's
one hiding zenyatta
one zarya

there were shurikens, swords, laser beams, and prayer beads everywhere

it was like being put to sleep... slow but inevitable.

halp

Defuser

Somebody help me, im too addicted to McCree's flashbang + Fan the hammer combo. I keep hunting down any 200/250hp char because it feels so goooooooooood to kill with that combo. Blizzard really did good this time for McCree. He's a solid character now.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Somebody help me, im too addicted to McCree's flashbang + Fan the hammer combo. I keep hunting down any 200/250hp char because it feels so goooooooooood to kill with that combo. Blizzard really did good this time for McCree. He's a solid character now.

You should've been around a few patches ago. You could've flashbanged into right click into roll into right click and put down a gorilla. Literally.

caesar

Banned

Not sure about that in solo q. I've literally only solo'd. Was placed 53, went down to 46, climbed back to 53, then up to 59, one game away from 60. All of a sudden I keep getting this same guy who plays attack sym, or people who refuse to play support. Not to mention coin flips

Back to 55 for now after going 4-11 last night, I'm basically waiting for luck to boost me back up. Pretty annoying when I'm performing most games.

LiK

Too bad you didn't play him before nerf.

Defuser

You should've been around a few patches ago. You could've flashbanged into right click into roll into right click and put down a gorilla. Literally.

Too bad you didn't play him before nerf.
Well I did play him before the nerf but i was quite unskillfully low level then so i kept dying to tanks. But now i can play better though and he helluva fun to flank and counter flank.

xaosslug

that 5-man group jumps on the point and does as much damage as possible, taking out whomever they can, and when they all die Mercy swoops in and revives 'em all plan is so annoying... yet so effective. Damn. -____-

AngryMoth

Jus thad the biggest stomp ever on hollywood playing as zen. I sat onto of the payload with a Reinheart protecting me and the payload literally didn't stop the whole way lol

that 5-man group jumps on the point and does as much damage as possible, taking out whomever they can, and when they all die Mercy swoops in and revives 'em all plan is so annoying... yet so effective. Damn. -____-

I had a game earlier where the enemy Mercy did revive twice and the enemy Lucio did break it down three times in Overtime and we managed to hold them off. So satisfying. It was on Hanamura B. Thought it was over so many times lol.

I was actually playing Lucio(not one of my usual picks) so it was interesting .

Can't wait for this to hit console to shake up the current face-roll easiness of playing Reaper or Genji.

Losing his range is going to be a bummer since right now he punishes Pharahs. I turned up my sensitivity just for this, actually.

Jus thad the biggest stomp ever on hollywood playing as zen. I sat onto of the payload with a Reinheart protecting me and the payload literally didn't stop the whole way lol

Yeah, I've been experimenting more with Zenyatta and really enjoying him. Especially when you have a team that is good at focusing on the enemy with the Discord orb on them. They go down so fast!

Lokbob

I really hate good Genji players, this asshole does way to much damage for the mobility he possess and his ult is as close as it gets to a I win button. Thankfully most Genjis are not great.

xaosslug

just ran Symm on attack, on Volskaya, and we won. :D Symm on attack can be super-deadly. Her Orbs of Destruction are no joke and force Rein to play either super aggressive or be all but useless. And dropping her mini-turrets in the fray can really help w/ characters like Tracer and Genji zipping all over the place, and pick off others surviving on a sliver of health.

I had a game earlier where the enemy Mercy did revive twice and enemy Lucio did break it down three times in Overtime and we managed to hold them off. So satisfying. It was on Hanamura B. Thought it was over so many times lol.

I was actually playing Lucio(not one of my usual picks) so it was interesting .

lol, nice!

ohkay

How do you guys deal with a good genji that rides your ass as Lucio?

My normal game plan is use his knock back when he dashes in, turn on speed boost and run/jump like hell to my teammates. Also every time I hear him ult I feel obligated to use sound barrier or he'll wipe my team. Is there anything else I can realistically do?

LiK

My normal game plan is use his knock back when he dashes in, turn on speed boost and run/jump like hell to my teammates. Also every time I hear him ult I feel obligated to use sound barrier or he'll wipe my team. Is there anything else I can realistically do?

knockback is how i deal with him too. hope your team can take him out for you.

xaosslug

my best advice would be to kill 'em a few times. That's pretty much the only way to deal w/ players that stalk/target you. You literally have to chase them around and kill them a good 3 or 4 times before they will lose interest in dealing with you and avoid you. That's what I do anyway. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom