• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
I swear to God, the moment they have a mode with competitive rules but without the rankings, I am never touching competitive again. It was too stressful worrying about this stupid fucking number they shove in your face. Because a lost match can't just be that, a lost match, the game has to rub it in your face.

I really don't understand the mindset of leavers in comp. Why would you leave after losing the first point on KOTH? Especially when it was a close 99%-99% match that went into Overtime multiple times? They do realize it's best of 5, right?

It's utterly incomprehensible to me what is going through somebody's mind when they do that.

Prelude.

I guess the stun sometimes doesn't work. Not surprised if that happens cuz the hook is wonky sometimes.
Maybe it's just lag. And yeah, as much as people complain about the hook being "broken", it's broken for Roadhog too, jumping and hooking is pretty much a no-no since 90% of the time I don't know where the enemy will be hooked to, and even on the ground sometimes it just pulls the enemy everywhere but in front of me.

I swear to God, the moment they have a mode with competitive rules but without the rankings, I am never touching competitive again. It was too stressful worrying about this stupid fucking number they shove in your face. Because a lost match can't just be that, a lost match, the game has to rub it in your face.
I'm not sure what you expected playing a mode that's all about the number.....

finalflame

I really don't understand the mindset of leavers in comp. Why would you leave after losing the first point on KOTH? Especially when it was a close 99%-99% match that went into Overtime multiple times? They do realize it's best of 5, right?

It's utterly incomprehensible to me what is going through somebody's mind when they do that.

Yah, I dunno. I get pretty angry at the game/rage pretty hard, but I'd never quit, no matter how tilted I am. I say this because I can only imagine the reason for leaving is anger/rage..but who knows. Inexplicable.

They're children. You're playing a game with children and expecting them to behave like adults.

DrArchon

The only "logical" reason to leave would be if you believe that your team is so mismatched against the enemy team that you have a 0% of winning, therefore your time is better spent looking for a new game. But if round 1 ends in overtime with both teams at 99%-99%, then what the fuck is wrong with you? How can you think you have a 0% of winning? You basically lost round 1 to a coin flip.

Some real dumbasses playing this game it seems like.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
58 elems, 70% participation, 3 golds and a silver and we lose because the stubborn shit bastard Ana won't swap to Lucio. I really hate people.

I'm expecting to play a mode without the game ruining cancer that is hero stacking. I get that. That doesn't mean I like every part about it, like the number.

The only solution I can think of for you is to just take a break from Overwatch for a while. It seems like you almost never enjoy playing. Maybe just wait until stacking is removed from quick play or something?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The only solution I can think of for you is to just take a break from Overwatch for a while. It seems like you almost never enjoy playing. Maybe just wait until stacking is removed from quick play or something?

Quick Play is a mode where people do whatever the fuck they want like playing an all McCree or Winston match "for the lulz". Nobody should expect stacking to be removed from that mode.

Quick Play is a mode where people do whatever the fuck they want like playing an all McCree or Winston match "for the lulz". Nobody should expect stacking to be removed from that mode.

Hence the "or something," like adding in an unranked mode with no stacking.

I'm just flying up in the PS4 competitive ranks. I went from 48 to 65 in like two weeks with a mix of full stack team, half stacks and solo. I'm starting to wonder if the people complaining about competitive mode are just kind of bad. It's not like the teams you match up with don't have their share of attack Hanzos and people with no clue how to contest objectives.

Ramirez

I'm expecting to play a mode without the game ruining cancer that is hero stacking. I get that. That doesn't mean I like every part about it, like the number.

Leave before the number screen shows? I never stick around anymore, win or lose, the stats screen/XP bar part takes way too long, and the stats are worthless considering you don't know what everyone else did.

I'm just flying up in the PS4 competitive ranks. I went from 48 to 65 in like two weeks with a mix of full stack team, half stacks and solo. I'm starting to wonder if the people complaining about competitive mode are just kind of bad. It's not like the teams you match up with don't have their share of attack Hanzos and people with no clue how to contest objectives.

It's mostly a matter of luck who you get matched up with/against.

finalflame

It's luck and the fact that the difficulty curve/skill on PC is much steeper. People aren't all bad, and you're not really good, it's just a lot of luck of the draw and the fact that the vast majority of people here complaining are on PC, not console. Having a well coordinated group of 3+ does wonders, though, if you're all actually good and good at communicating/understand the game.

LiK

If you end up with bad teams, you can be the best player and still lose. I've had games where I did real well but if most of my team keeps dying or doesn't hold an objective, then it's a loss. Doesn't matter if it's completely solo or in a group. I've played with all sorts of combinations.

Also, I guess you've been lucky enough to avoid leavers. I lost two Comp games last night cuz someone left our team just after losing one round.

ah I'm so glad, I accidentally left Cheat Engine open the other day after using it for screenshots - but the B.net client was open at the time (I wasn't playing anything, they were just open at the same time) and I haven't been banned in this wave. So glad, I would've been pretty upset if that had been included in the ban wave. I'm usually very careful with that sort of stuff.

LG released their entire roster and are picking up an EU team (2Stronk) instead. They're gonna move the EU team to America while the old LG roster figures out what they're gonna be doing.

Former LG team is going by MixUp for now. Should be the same group as before.
LG being LG. Such an odd org, to not support your NA team that was in the top 3 yet give full team house support to your new EU team.

Curious to see where MixUp ends up going.

If you end up with bad teams, you can be the best player and still lose. I've had games where I did real well but if most of my team keeps dying or doesn't hold an objective, then it's a loss. Doesn't matter if it's completely solo or in a group. I've played with all sorts of combinations.

Also, I guess you've been lucky enough to avoid leavers. I lost two Comp games last night cuz someone left our team just after losing one round.

I have games like this all the time. But when I meet someone in solo queue who communicates and is great I just add that person to my friends list. Suddenly you have a whole group of people who are both good and decent people.

finalflame

I have games like this all the time. But when I meet someone in solo queue who communicates and is great I just add that person to my friends list. Suddenly you have a whole group of people who are both good and decent people.

Yah, this is what I've been doing. I refuse to go into Comp with anything less than a 3-man now.

I feel like there should be the possibility of ranking up even if you lose if you are clearly far above the rest of your team in terms of skill.

ah I'm so glad, I accidentally left Cheat Engine open the other day after using it for screenshots - but the B.net client was open at the time (I wasn't playing anything, they were just open at the same time) and I haven't been banned in this wave. So glad, I would've been pretty upset if that had been included in the ban wave. I'm usually very careful with that sort of stuff.
I don't even want to think about what sort of horrible things you'd do to Overwatch.

xaosslug

it's shocking how many peeps don't know shit about this game they've been playing for weeks... I still see D.Va's run for cover when they nerf. xD

LiK

I feel like there should be the possibility of ranking up even if you lose if you are clearly far above the rest of your team in terms of skill.

I don't even want to think about what sort of horrible things you'd do to Overwatch.

I wish being a good player with good skills also factor into ranking XP at the end. The fact that you can play super well but lose cuz you didn't have a good team makes the ranking system nothing more than a win/loss thing. If you solo queue then it's always up to chance.

Veelk

Banned

No, no, you don't understand. I LOVE overwatch. It's great. In fact, it's uniquely great. I'm almost always a single player guy. The closest MP that I've ever been able to get into is Halo's, and even then I value the SP of Halo so much more than the MP. I even tried Team Fortress 2 and I simply couldn't get into it because despite really liking the characters, there was nothing there for me storywise and I didn't understand the appeal of playing the same maps over and over and over again. No other MP game has ever gotten this reaction from me.

So, I enjoy playing overwatch, aside from a few things. What I don't enjoy is the binary choice of a rock and hardplace that I am forced to choose between. I don't want to play in a mode that demands such high skill that I can't play 'unviable characters' and that I am psychologically tortured by a stat tracking mechanic I would rather be rid of but can't help but be constantly aware of. But when the alternative is dealing with Hero stacking, I don't feel I have a choice.

It's a super annoying set up that interferes with my enjoyment of an otherwise sublime game, but I am generally enjoying it. I'm just an excessively bitchy person. If the most I can bitch about is an extremely annoying MP set up, then it's a good game.

LiK

Yea, I've received friend requests from randoms after a match before and it's very cool and humbling but I don't really add them back cuz I know I'll never actively play with them again in the future.

finalflame

Yea, I've received friend requests from randoms after a match before and it's very cool and humbling but I don't really add them back cuz I know I'll never actively play with them again in the future.

Why not? Some of the best people I play with nowadays were randoms I asked to add me after good matches with great communication where we steamrolled the opposing team. I guess if you already have a solid group then there's no need.

Super Macho Man

Neo Member
Started using Lucio a lot as my main in comp, and I've won the majority of the matches last night. (went 5-1) Such a fun and rewarding character to play as. He might be my favorite of the healers just for his speed, and his special can be a major help near the end of a match on offense of defense if you need to rush to a point or defend.

Do you typically play in solo queue? I find Overwatch is infinitely better with a few friends. It usually helps me take the game a lot less seriously. Although, I'm also just a pretty laid-back person in general, so that probably helps as well.

They're children. You're playing a game with children and expecting them to behave like adults.

If you mean in the literal sense, I think that's the only acceptable explanation. If you mean in the metaphorical sense, I guess all I can do is look forward to the new Battlefield/COD/whatever that will hopefully siphon off some of the man-children.

it's shocking how many peeps don't know shit about this game they've been playing for weeks... I still see D.Va's run for cover when they nerf. xD

I still run for cover sometimes out of reflex, then I'm like "wait..."

This guy was also playing as Reaper, though, so that might explain part of it. The only way the guy could have been worse was if he had been Hanzo.

LiK

Why not? Some of the best people I play with nowadays were randoms I asked to add me after good matches with great communication where we steamrolled the opposing team. I guess if you already have a solid group then there's no need.

I don't use a mic and I don't want them getting mad at me about using one. They probably thought I was in party chat or something. it's also hard for me to keep track of PSN names. I barely remember who are Gaffers in my list now.

I always play with people who added me. 99% of them use microphones and are often good guys. I just remove the people who are screaming at other without really giving any constructive critique.

I don't use a mic and I don't want them getting mad at me about using one. They probably thought I was in party chat or something. it's also hard for me to keep track of PSN names. I barely remember who are Gaffers in my list now.

Do you listen to suggestions and play support? Then most people have no problems with someone without a mic.

LiK

I always play with people who added me. 99% of them use microphones and are often good guys. I just remove the people who are screaming at other without really giving any constructive critique.

Heh, it always seems like the assholes are the friends of people I played with. I've encountered a few of them like that and def never wanna play with them again.

Do you listen to suggestions and play support? Then most people have no problems with someone without a mic.

I rarely play support cuz someone else always does in a group. I always listen to people if I'm in party chat. I'm a team player.

Heh, it always seems like the assholes are the friends of people I played with. I've encountered a few of them like that and def never wanna play with them again.

I just remove them. I feel like you play the best when people are positive. If someone starts to cry after a loss or two the whole team just plays worse.

Owzers

Get off the payload Mei, you're a giant ice cube.

Mei was doing a pretty good job against our king's row push just chilling out ontop the payload, if i try to swing at her as Reinhardt i get chewed on without my shield up.

Anne

Some of it is salt, some of it is on PC things are diff. More players on PC, higher skill curve, etc. The big thing is the mix of good players can hit much earlier, while the bad players are still hanging around the dense 50s area.

Telling y'all it's diff universes on the platforms. I've watched high ranking console play and it sometimes might as well be a different game.

xaosslug

you are just having luck w/ peeps not leaving, and bragging about it! ;P

srsly, tho. I went from 57 to 49 doing solo, and then managed to claw my way up to 53 doing some group games w/ gaf peeps and other peeps that have friended me from qp matches. And a few days ago seeing peeps talk about how they've been just flying up the ranks doing solo ranked I decided to give it another chance... went from 53 to 50, and had back to back to back to back leavers in games. There's no sense of perseverance, like, at all. I'm just about done w/ soloing ranked, tbh. u__u

Some of it is salt, some of it is on PC things are diff. More players on PC, higher skill curve, etc. The big thing is the mix of good players can hit much earlier, while the bad players are still hanging around the dense 50s area.

Telling y'all it's diff universes on the platforms. I've watched high ranking console play and it sometimes might as well be a different game.

I'm thinking about double dipping with the PC version. As an OW console player do you think I can do decent on PC? I was/am a pretty good CS player.

Jarate

Banned
Im just waking up right now, so give me a wee bit

imma do auickplay first though to see how we play together :p

dont wanna risk yall ruining mah ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom