• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, went 2-6 and this is getting so frustrating. On a personal level i felt like i played really great but in the end it meant nothing. Maybe i'm reading too much into those rankings but according to Overbuff it was pretty decent:

Just felt like a total waste of an evening progression wise,

The first match actually went fine. It was a KotH match and we won all 3 rounds.

In the second match there was a guy bitching at everyone the whole time for not getting enough kills. At the end, he was just screaming at everyone, telling them how terrible they are at this video game.

I'd rather just wait for a group so I don't have to deal with this awful community. I don't even care if I lose most of my matches. I just can't stand having to play with such shitty people.

PepperedHam

Play my first competitive match in about two weeks on PS4 and first match, winning 3-2, heading into last round, two players on our team quit.

Figured I'd dip my toes back in just because I enjoy no stacking, and that will be the last time. People are such suckheads.

xaosslug

If a Roadhog hooks me as D.va I usually just flick on DM and then jet boost back to safe range again. Never really had issues with him when using D.va.

yeah, when RH hooks me I just boost into him, circle back around and unload until he gets shook enough to heal and then free ult ftw. Roadhogs are usually not expecting the boost and from then on out it's 'easy mode' ;)

Try Zarya next time you're up against D.Va. Zarya's primary fire shoots through Defense Matrix so use it on her when DM is up and if she decides to fight back pop your shield. With a 50% charge you'll melt D.Va out of her mech in a few seconds.

Like I said. I know there are answers. I just don't like having so few answers. I'd really love to have a beam weapon attack hero.

Prelude.

It feels so good when you get put with a team that actually communicates, 99.9% of the times it's a victory. It makes up for the cancer teams that never switch, never listen and never write anything in the chat.

ramyeon

If any Australians or people in similar time zones want to team up for comp I would love to. Not full teams, even like 2 to 3 people would be great.

I usually play evenings/night time (Australian time).

ISOM

As someone who used to always play Mercy, when I see someone else pick her I get disappointed. She's just too weak of character. I don't mean her HP, it's her value to the team.
She can't go with flankers because she struggles to keep up and even if she does she holding up a neon arrow pointing at them. So she has to go with support or tanks. Basically, just behind the front lines bouncing around.
KoTH matches she serves little value because she can't take much in splash damage or just stray shots (even if the enemy team decides to ignore her). This is an issue in all modes but there's an extra layer of bad because a teammate that's pushing thinks she is feeding them health. Then she has to bug out and said teammate is probably in a really bad spot. She is extremely slow unless she has a teammate to fly to.
Her damage boost rarely seems like it's a difference, more so because whoever you're boosting is going to get return fire. If Mercy would've just been healing it probably would've been a better net result since sometimes that half second of lost healing (during the switch) may have resulted in either the kill or enough to escape for her teammate. Only being able to heal one team mate at a time and very little offensive contributions put her as maybe the worst character in the game.
The slow speed on her ult charge makes a huge difference too. Revives are bringing people back to where they died so it's probably not a good spot and now that they come so much slower, if you revive a teammate only to have them die right away is actually a significant set back for your team. Her entire team has to be actively working a game plan specific to her. And if a group is that dedicated to game plans there's better options.
Sorry for the rant.

tl;dr - Sadly, Mercy is almost never a good pick. Don't pick her.

I've been thinking that for awhile now. Lucio is a better pick in almost every situation due to him having actual offense, he can provide the team with the ability to rush an enemy with added health, he can heal multiple teammates at once, and he can speed boost when necessary. It's to the point when I see someone pick Mercy I go ugh because Lucio just offers more as a support.

I think Lucio is an autopick on every proteam as well.

Skii

Solo competitive's proving disastrous for me. Anyone on PS4 want to team up?

I'm down. Prolly can't chat for the next little while but I thoroughly use the comm. wheel. Level 58 at the moment.

i'm down as well. Down to lvl50, no mic either. :-x If that's cool w/ you PSN: res1tvih

Yeah if you guys could add me as well

PSN: kashif_786

The people I used to play with don't seem to be online anymore. Can't play right now but will definitely be up for partying up in the future.

Requests sent. If I missed anyone, add PSN: SnakeXs.

I actually sent you a request a few days ago, but you never added me lol

Yeah if you guys could add me as well

PSN: kashif_786

The people I used to play with don't seem to be online anymore. Can't play right now but will definitely be up for partying up in the future.

PSN: Hunnbee

Feel free.

Yeah, I'll add you guys too. No one from my usual group seems to be on right now.

Hawkie

On PS4, Hollywood, just had a Tracer on attack be at the payload in under 20 seconds of the round start, once in normal play and once in overtime. She did not come through the arch or the side-room and was behind us.

On PS4, Hollywood, just had a Tracer on attack be at the payload in under 20 seconds of the round start, once in normal play and once in overtime. She did not come through the arch or the side-room and was behind us.

Could have been lag allowing her to teleport around the back of the building.

Blues1990

What are some good tips with using Ana's sleeping dart, or using her tool set, in general? I seem to fire it when I'm in panic mode, & I usually miss as a result.

I question the priorities of the end cards sometimes. Get 3 gold medals with Zarya, and it chooses to highlight that I got 11 high energy kills? Gee, thanks.

Kito

tl;dr - Sadly, Mercy is almost never a good pick. Don't pick her.

Ult rate nerf needs to be reversed, new second ability to increase her survival (perhaps Jump Jet?), and secondary fire changed to a healing gimmick (perhaps multiple target lock, each target gets a slice of the 50hps).

In her current state she is trash tier, and I say this as someone who played Sym & Mercy the most.

What are some good tips with using Ana's sleeping dart, or using her tool set, in general? I seem to fire it when I'm in panic mode, & I usually miss as a result.

Depends on who you're going against and if your team knows not to hit a sleeping target. On a good team I'll use it as either a ult-stopper or sometimes I'll use it on the tank and it causes people on the enemy team to flip a bit when their meatshield is out of commission for however long. I usually also will throw it out into an enemy crowd. One less body, regardless of who it is, is a big advantage. On a bad team it's a get out of death free card, you just gotta practice it so you can land it properly in the heat of the moment.

Her whole kit is built around how well your team is doing. If you have a good team, she is a huge boon. She can heal what little your team takes, prevent the enemy from healing, and combine ults into a weapon to surpass Metal Gear. If you have a bad team, I wouldn't say she's worthless but she simply cannot shine. Her entire time will be spent healing and using her grenade on her allies rather than the enemies. One time I healed ~30-35% team damage in a game, but it was a bad team and we ended up losing and everyone was blaming me for it because I don't think people on my team really notice what Ana does unless she's screaming her ult is ready.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Olympics skins... and new map?

That map is probably from the new mode.

Co0KmlwWEAAGfB5.jpg

ramyeon

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

I do hope these aren't the "Summer skins" that were promised.

Could just be promo materials?

Blues1990

Depends on who you're going against and if your team knows not to hit a sleeping target. On a good team I'll use it as either a ult-stopper or sometimes I'll use it on the tank and it causes people on the enemy team to flip a bit when their meatshield is out of commission for however long. I usually also will throw it out into an enemy crowd. One less body, regardless of who it is, is a big advantage. On a bad team it's a get out of death free card, you just gotta practice it so you can land it properly in the heat of the moment.

Her whole kit is built around how well your team is doing. If you have a good team, she is a huge boon. She can heal what little your team takes, prevent the enemy from healing, and combine ults into a weapon to surpass Metal Gear. If you have a bad team, I wouldn't say she's worthless but she simply cannot shine. Her entire time will be spent healing and using her grenade on her allies rather than the enemies. One time I healed ~30-35% team damage in a game, but it was a bad team and we ended up losing and everyone was blaming me for it because I don't think people on my team really notice what Ana does unless she's screaming her ult is ready.

Ah, so Ana works best as a complementary healer to the main healer of the team. I'll go and practice using that dart in some A.I. matches for me to become much more comfortable with using her tool set, especially since I'm playing with random players and have no means to verbally communicate with them.

Olympics skins... and new map?

Maybe that map is from the new mode.

Co0KmlwWEAAGfB5.jpg

Lucio and Tracer are rocking it, and Zarya doesn't look too bad. Though it's weird to see a Russian Olympian, given what's been happening at the actual Rio Olympics in the news as of late.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What if the new mode is some kind of competition like the olympics? you know running, weightlifting etc.

duckroll

They have one for each character. Almost certain these are the new legendaries. Since new skins are themed...

Summer Games skins in Aug, and... Blizzard All Stars skins in Nov at Blizzcon????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom