• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belfast

What the hell, Blizzard?

WdOz0j7.jpg

FoxSpirit

Though really, shouldn't most of the cast be in the paralympics?
True. Or in the future, the cheatolympics. I mean come on, Genji in sprint and hurdles? McCree in armwrestling?

Also, man, my Mae is like a 2nd Genji. Jump in, cause Chaos, freeze someone, get almost killed, icicle, in the meantime my team has ample time to prey on the disorganisation. Plus icewalls. Only my ults still suck, which is a shame. Still, so fun playing as her.

What the hell, Blizzard?

WdOz0j7.jpg
Uh, yeaaaahhh, don't see how that's Blizzards fault that you got two Bastions and a Symm. How bout you put the blame on them and not Blizzard?

Oh, wait, just saw the level 1 Tracer. That's fucked up. But, it's QP, you just have to live with it.

Belfast

Uh, yeaaaahhh, don't see how that's Blizzards fault that you got two Bastions and a Symm. How bout you put the blame on them and not Blizzard?

Oh, wait, just saw the level 1 Tracer. That's fucked up. But, it's QP, you just have to live with it.

It's the level matchups more than anything. The newbs didn't know team comp so that makes sense.

kaskade

I wonder if those skins are the reason the ana and mcree patch hasn't hit the PS4 yet? I'm gonna guess it'll just be put in with the skins.

ramyeon

I wonder if those skins are the reason the ana and mcree patch hasn't hit the PS4 yet? I'm gonna guess it'll just be put in with the skins.
Regardless of the skins they said they are going to be rolling those small updates into larger updates for console, so yeah.

Syntax

Is there a threshold for streamers in order to receive these kinds of loot boxes from Blizzard? Can I start a Youtube channel or Twitch stream and, upon reaching 0-1 viewership, email them a strongly worded request for promotional stuff and get it?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Is there a threshold for streamers in order to receive these kinds of loot boxes from Blizzard? Can I start a Youtube channel or Twitch stream and, upon reaching 0-1 viewership, email them a strongly worded request for promotional stuff and get it?

The streamers that get this stuff probably stream as a job already.

Odrion

Banned
I've now stuck to playing between 4:00 pm~10:00 pm. I don't know what happens, but the crazies seems to always show up after 10:00 pm.

Something with the matchmaking. It prioritizes ping and group size before skill. I'm guessing at around 10:00 pm all the good, sensible players stop and the drunks and no-lifers remain.
When I see that they composed the teams like that, I bail the fuck out. I am not wasting my time with that. You do not get penalized if you leave before the the "assemble your team" finishes.

Antiwhippy

I've now stuck to playing between 4:00 pm~10:00 pm. I don't know what happens, but the crazies seems to always show up after 10:00 pm.

Something with the matchmaking. It prioritizes ping and group size before skill. I'm guessing at around 10:00 pm all the good, sensible players stop and the drunks and no-lifers remain.

When I see that they composed the teams like that, I fucking bail.

But after 10pm is the only time I can play with my job. :<

I'd imagine most working people playing around that time. 4pm sounds more like the time for high school students.

50->48->65->52->67->61

Season 1 has been nothing if not interesting. The game doesn't know what to do with me. If i'm not worthy of a high 60's rank that's fine. But for the love of god please don't send me back to the nightmare that is the mid 50's.

WhyMe6

Ugh, is anyone else here on PS4 in South Korea? Trying to get an actual match during the day here on PS4 is a nightmare, there seems to be next to nobody playing.

Does anyone know how Blizzard's servers work? Is South Korea part of an Asian-wide server on PS4 or does it include Oceania? Obviously, going further overseas will cause problems with connections, but if I absolutely can't get a match here, will it connect me to an overseas server? I can't find a direct answer online.

They have to pay for console patches.
Nah, Sony and MS haven't had that for a while.

I think they (sensibly) realised that putting devs OFF patching their titles was silly. I remember Phil Fish had to leave a Fez bug there forever because the fee to patch it wasn't worth it vs sales.

Antiwhippy

Ugh, is anyone else here on PS4 in South Korea? Trying to get an actual match during the day here on PS4 is a nightmare, there seems to be next to nobody playing.

Does anyone know how Blizzard's servers work? Is South Korea part of an Asian-wide server on PS4 or does it include Oceania? Obviously, going further overseas will cause problems with connections, but if I absolutely can't get a match here, will it connect me to an overseas server? I can't find a direct answer online.

I get a ton of koreans on PC here in australia FWIW.

Americas server.

Nah, Sony and MS haven't had that for a while.

I think they (sensibly) realised that putting devs OFF patching their titles was silly. I remember Phil Fish had to leave a Fez bug there forever because the fee to patch it wasn't worth it vs sales.

Wait, maybe I'm thinking of something else.

I think the patches have to be approved or something. I know there's a reason, but I can't remember what it is.

FoxSpirit

What the hell, Blizzard?

WdOz0j7.jpg
Was it a weekend? Because on weekends people with WAAAAY to high mmr who don't play that much come on. Weekdays is already pretty fine with me but the games on weekend can still be absolute garbagefests. I mean, I am only 36comp and just recently I had a team that... grouped. Like in seriously, they grouped up like hell.

ISOM

When I see that they composed the teams like that, I bail the fuck out. I am not wasting my time with that. You do not get penalized if you leave before the the "assemble your team" finishes.

Is this true? Because I want to prebail on matches without getting penalized based on what my team picks also. Knowing that your team chose some shit and that you just have to eat it for the next 25 minutes is not a good feeling.

WhyMe6

I get a ton of koreans on PC here in australia FWIW.

Americas server.

Ah really? Damn, I wish I'd connect with some Aussies on PS4. Based purely on voice chat, I've only gotten Chinese, Koreans and expats living in Asia. Thanks for that! I'll keep digging and see if there's anything I need to do on my end to improve match connection times.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
How have things been in Overwatch land the last few weeks?

I got sucked in hard at launch. Put about 50 hours into it over the course of the first month, and then pretty much dropped it cold turkey about the time ranked was released. Left around level 50 or so in unranked?

Loved the characters. Loved the maps. Loved how it controlled. How it performed. Honestly - the core gameplay was some of the best I had ever seen. And unlike most, never really found any character terribly OP... never even had a huge issue with Bastion or McCree on either end of the "cheap" spectrum. I main'd a mixture of Lucio/Mercy, Roadhog, and Tracer, and had quite a good bit of fun doing so.

But holy fuck was playing with randoms an exercise in frustration. No coordination. No hero switching. No worrying about the objective at all. It was the community of pubs that I was forced to play with, where a "good team" was a miracle of sorts, that drove me away.

I think I'd love the game if you could count on some chit-chat on the mics or an effort to work together. But I knew I'd never get serious enough to bother with trying to "group up" or meet at different times; I like being able to do my own thing in little 30 minute bursts.

So, with that said... better or worse nowadays? Specifically PC.

Syntax

I want that Overwatch swag so much. :(

The streamers that get this stuff probably stream as a job already.

It's decided then.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to quit work. With my blasé source of income gone, I'll invest all my savings into broadcasting equipment / fees / upgrades, create my social gaming/media channels under some clever and witty and meaningful moniker that resonates with you, my fellow gamers, and rise to full-time-eventual-six-figure-and-up internet stardom.

And THEN, I will get my sweet video game promotional/press swag from all the major developers and publishers. They will come to me!

Man, been seeing some crazy high rank in QP matches lately. Was in a game with a 76, 78, and an 80 (all on the opposing team). The 80 went offensive Sym on Hollywood and was throwing down turrets practically in our face giving zero fucks. And it fuck worked, too because their team was steamrolling us. Three times I heard her throw down a tele behind our lines and three times I could do jack shit about it (I was Zenyatta). Fucking crazy.

ramyeon

Closer look:
Co1LOSRWgAAncs1.jpg

Co1LsjVWgAAN-F3.jpg

Co1LtLUWcAAlU3v.jpg

Co1LtmAW8AQiqq7.jpg

Tried quoting but the images doesn't resize for some reason.
Said it in the other thread but I'll say it again here.

The sticker sheet looks like sprays. Pharah and McCree haven't changed at all skin wise.

We'll probably get the skins for Tracer, Lucio and Zarya then sprays for the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom