• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there even proof that the skins are limited? Just because the loot boxes are limited, doesn't mean the skins are as well. I would think at Blizz would know that people have been saving credits, and it would stink if people saved up money for nothing.

Apathy

I think they'll make the Olympic items be purchasable with credits after the timed event where the boxes drop. Just watch.

Hawkie

Is there even proof that the skins are limited? Just because the loot boxes are limited, doesn't mean the skins are as well. I would think at Blizz would know that people have been saving credits, and it would stink if people saved up money for nothing.

From the UK Playstation store loot box blurb:

"There are more than 90 Summer Games items to collect - they're not available for purchase with in-game credits, so Loot Boxes are the only way to claim them.

If your Summer Games Loot Box contains an item that is already in your collection, you will instead receive credits, which can only be used to unlock non-Summer Games items."

Blues1990

So, when are these Olympic-themed skins supposed to come out? I'm more curious to see what the characters look like in-game, especially with the likes of Reinhardt being out of his armour and wearing that wrestling outfit & Mei wearing what appears to be typical table tennis gear.

LiK

So, when are these Olympic-themed skins supposed to come out? I'm more curious to see what the characters look like in-game, especially with the likes of Reinhardt being out of his armour and wearing that wrestling outfit & Mei wearing what appears to be typical table tennis gear.

I'm guessing when Rio games start

Can't believe that Lucio's alt-fire doesn't work on the panels on KotH spawns anymore. Used to be my favorite thing to bop and pop all three of them at once, and now? Nothing. Damn Blizzard and their Lucio nerfs.

Blues1990

I'm guessing when Rio games start

So, this upcoming Friday, right? Man, I just want to have a preview of their in-game models, as I'm digging Lucio's & Zarya's Olympic-themed gear. (I'm not feeling Tracer's, despite track & field being a perfect fit for her.)

So, this upcoming Friday, right? Man, I just want to have a preview of their in-game models, as I'm digging Lucio's & Zarya's Olympic-themed gear. (I'm not feeling Tracer's, despite track & field being a perfect fit for her.)
So basically when they push the update today
I'm okay if it through lootboxes. I would be okay if they threw them in the regular lootboxes if they aren't for a limited time

Blues1990

So basically when they push the update today
I'm okay if it through lootboxes. I would be okay if they threw them in the regular lootboxes if they aren't for a limited time

I wish I could use my saved up currency to get these loot crates. I have already accumulated 5000 gold, and I wanted to get some cool shit. It just makes the gold feel redundant if they are going to do this for future unlocks on exclusive gear.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
The skins look really uninspired, boring to be honest and them being limited and not being able to use the coins I stored up is making this even worse.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm half expecting Blizzard to go back on their word and make these skins purchasable with ingame credits after the controversy gets bigger & bigger as more people see this. Hopefully they don't wait too long as I am close to 1000 credits and would like to know if I should save or not.

Pooya

Now that's a new low in unlocking and microtransactions. really. get out with that trash Blizzard. This is not hearthstone.

Did we ever confirm is anyone other than Zarya Lucio and Tracer actually got new skins instead of just sprays?

Pharah and McCree really seem to suggest that they were sprays. 90 items though, does seem natural that 22 of them would be new skins... Guess we'll see soon enough.

Skii

Yeah competitive sucks so fucking much. I can't play with randoms. They are just brain dead.

First game we're defending the points in Volskaya after a good round on attack and 4 members of the team decide it's a smart idea to push up to the enemies spawn door. We obviously get steam rolled. Both of us were constantly telling everyone to group up on us but they just wouldn't listen.

Then we're on Hanumura on attack and no one wants to attack together. Everyone keeps trickling in. It's just so annoying. You can go solo if you're a Reaper/Tracer but other than that, you stick with the fucking group.

Final game is on Route 66 and my whole team decides that me as the Pharah should be pushing the payload. I got completely nerfed in that game by my own fucking team. We don't even make it to the first checkpoint. And then we get steam rolled once again.

Man I'm really not enjoying this. Randoms are just so fucking stupid it hurts. A part of me has died today.

Assuming this goes live later today we need to organize a Gaf train for this evening.

QP for fast games
20% group exp bonus
Consecutive match bonus

You won't get our money Blizzard!

Assuming this goes live later today we need to organize a Gaf train for this evening.

QP for fast games
20% group exp bonus
Consecutive match bonus

You won't get our money Blizzard!
can you even get them from normal levelling loot boxes? or will all level up loot boxes be summer loot boxes?

ugh. so annoying.

Azoor

Yeah competitive sucks so fucking much. I can't play with randoms. They are just brain dead.

First game we're defending the points in Volskaya after a good round on attack and 4 members of the team decide it's a smart idea to push up to the enemies spawn door. We obviously get steam rolled. Both of us were constantly telling everyone to group up on us but they just wouldn't listen.

Then we're on Hanumura on attack and no one wants to attack together. Everyone keeps trickling in. It's just so annoying. You can go solo if you're a Reaper/Tracer but other than that, you stick with the fucking group.

Final game is on Route 66 and my whole team decides that me as the Pharah should be pushing the payload. I got completely nerfed in that game by my own fucking team. We don't even make it to the first checkpoint. And then we get steam rolled once again.

Man I'm really not enjoying this. Randoms are just so fucking stupid it hurts. A part of me has died today.

Try playing with gaffes, if you're on PC you can add me if you want aND I'll help when I can Azoor#21739

X-Frame

I placed Rank 48 after placement and now am inching towards 61, not too bad.

I haven't played much Ranked so I only gave 40 gold coins or whatever they are, the single golden weapon I'll get wont likely be until after Season 2 which is ridiculous just for 1 character.

Inversive

any EU PC players i can add? send me pm. I'm level 100 rank 55. I was in the 60's for so long but had too many garbage teams, i'm in freefall lol and feels bad :(

Owzers

I'd never use those skins, they are awful >.<

guess I'm saving my coins for foreseeable future.

This was the foreseeable future! I justified the sluggish gold accumulation system, not being able to exchange skins you don't want for gold, paltry amounts of gold you get for duplicates, because eventually you'd save gold up and could buy one or two skins you wanted from the new sets and try to draw the rest through loot boxes. This is bullshit, they know it's bullshit. If this keeps up i'm voting for Trump. We'll do it your way Blizzard, there's a 1-100 chance we don't ruin the country for a limited time.

So do all loot boxes have a guarantees summer item in them during the event? Or only the ones you buy? If the former, I guess I can stomach it. If it's the latter, wtf Blizzard. No, just no. I know it's just cosmetic stuff but seriously - what are you doing here? Especially if the skins are epic/legendary.

On the other hand, this will make me be able to use my coins to get the 50 items bought trophy instead and I won't feel like I'm missing out by not saving coins for DLC skins. Especially if this is how they're always going to do it.

maouvin

So do all loot boxes have a guarantees summer item in them during the event? Or only the ones you buy?

It's not officially anounced, so we don't know. We know by PSN that the limited lootboxes have a guaranteed summer drop, but we don't know how they'll drop in game (leveling earns a summer box/has a chance to be a summer box/will be a normal box with summer itens on the drop pool).

Also, people seem to be assuming that this guarantees that all future collectibles will be of the limited kind and non-purchasable with coins, which is a pretty hasty conclusion atm. Keep your anger for when Blizz confirms all our fears, chaps.

It's not officially anounced, so we don't know. We know by PSN that the limited lootboxes have a guaranteed summer drop, but we don't know how they'll drop in game (leveling earns a summer box/has a chance to be a summer box/will be a normal box with summer itens on the drop pool).

Also, people seem to be assuming that this guarantees that all future collectibles will be of the limited kind and non-purchasable with coins, which is a pretty hasty conclusion atm. Keep your anger for when Blizz confirms all our fears, chaps.

Yeah - I guess it's possible Blizzard will have them as purchasable with coins after the event, maybe. But from the wording it doesn't sound like there will be an option outside of the event loot boxes.

I was really hoping that any new skins/cosmetics wouldn't be limited time only, so we'll see. I'm okay if this is a one-time thing for the Olympics. If every new set is limited, though, urgh.

I think i'm sitting around 190, so the timing might be perfect for me. :D

I'm around 128, so pretty much the worst timing ever for me. D:

brian!

So apparently on pc there are objects that appear on high settings that dont on low, notably the blu octoguy thing in hollywood. These objects are also able to be shot through as if they arent there, kinda fukked up

So apparently on pc there are objects that appear on high settings that dont on low, notably the blu octoguy thing in hollywood. These objects are also able to be shot through as if they arent there, kinda fukked up

If it's an object that shows on one preset but not another, I'm assuming you'd want it to be able to be shot through.

However it's a visual impairment if you see it and the other guy doesn't, so IDK how I feel about that.

Prelude.

If the special loot boxes are only a way to assure you'll get the Olympics skins, but you can still get them in regular loot boxes, then it's fine. It sucks that you can't straight up buy them with the in-game currency but at least they're not permanently paywalled.

And hopefully they'll have some more new skins, of course.

Defuser

Yeah this people seriously need to get out of their CoD mentality, playing TDM chasing for kills while expecting others to do the objective for you. You know after gaining many high levels, experiencing multiple losses you would expect to know and learn the reason on how to win matches through teamwork on objective but nope, these fuckers never learn, just go in comp and play like Call of Duty.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Won 3 out of 3 today as a duo, and it would have been 4 but the server crashed as we were about to win. Absolutely carried the fuck out of them in the last game as Zenyatta, he's ridiculously strong now. They pop all their ults and I just negate them all with mine, even got a nice quad kill for PoTG. Every time I see someone pick Ana over him I just wonder why, Lucio + Zen is just too strong right now to pick anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom