• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

realtalk: if D.Va's mech is noticeably different & awesome I will do everything (short of spending actual $$) to get my hands on it. T__T

Ana is a really good hero, but she's too reliant on exploiting specific situations to great benefit as opposed to be generally useful.

I had a 15-0 game as Ana defending on Volskaya (gold in elims/objective kills/silver in healing because we had a Mercy as well) and I felt like that was not only my best game with her but also the most useful I've ever felt playing her.

The other team had a Mercy, who would come in as the other team charged the point and as Ana I would grenade whoever she was healing or put whoever she was healing to sleep and then target her. I was also able to go one-on-one with a Zenyatta and do shot-grenade-shot and kill him before he could discord and kill me.

I feel like Ana works best as an anti-healer on defense, honestly. She isn't great for support by herself, but for teams running two healers she's pretty good at neutralizing their effectiveness if played correctly. I'd never play her on attack, though - she doesn't work as well if your team spreads out a bunch, which is counterintuitive since she's a sniper. But with her limited mobility it's hard to keep line of sight on everyone in the fray.

xaosslug

Yeah this people seriously need to get out of their CoD mentality, playing TDM chasing for kills while expecting others to do the objective for you. You know after gaining many high levels, experiencing multiple losses you would expect to know and learn the reason on how to win matches through teamwork on objective but nope, these fuckers never learn, just go in comp and play like Call of Duty.

always smh when I have the objective time card (for pushing payload) as D.Va at the end of a game. lolz

They'll make it look like a bowflex

gamers don't go outside so she doesn't get a skin ;P

how about a robotic sort of version of the mascot Vinicius? Anything? (shit will probably just be yellow and green or something) u__u

always smh when I have the objective time card (for pushing payload) as D.Va at the end of a game. lolz

Even worse is getting it as Zenyatta, aka the one character who definitely SHOULDN'T be hanging out in the place where all of the enemies are going to concentrate their fire. Dammit, how many times do I have to spam "My Ultimate is ready!" before these people get the idea to follow me?

There's a lot of arguing in the other thread so I thought I'd ask here - when are these new skins going up? Is there a date?
Thanks.

Probably today. The ps4 info was dated as today and had an end date of Aug 21. Makes sense considering their typical Tuesday update times.

Also, I like limited run items as long as they are earnable through playing even if they are rare. Legendary skins are already not special. Would be nice to see skins that are legitimately rare.

I've seen this a handful of times on PS4, but what's up with people stacking their team with the same character? Is it just trolling, being frustrated with teammates' picks, or a legit strategy (or some weird combination of all three?)

I don't really follow the Overwatch community so I'm assuming someone online decided it was hilarious but everytime I see like 5 or 6 Junkrats/Soldier 76/Reapers/etc I'm like "why"

brian!

I stack heroes w/ the group i play w/ in qp pretty often, we win more often than not tho. 4 zenyatta on attack in hollywood yesterday, we ran them over, 4 dva on defense at gibraltar

I've seen this a handful of times on PS4, but what's up with people stacking their team with the same character? Is it just trolling, being frustrated with teammates' picks, or a legit strategy (or some weird combination of all three?)

I don't really follow the Overwatch community so I'm assuming someone online decided it was hilarious but everytime I see like 5 or 6 Junkrats/Soldier 76/Reapers/etc I'm like "why"

Just people having fun, 6 meis for life <3

Alright, that's cool if people consider it an actual tactical thing (or fun)

I sort of assumed from it being a role-based game that it was almost like rage picks lol

"We need a healer and you pick fucking Reaper? Fine we'll all pick fucking Reaper asdhgaksdfga"

brian!

Oh yeah you get those a lot too. I always play to win, i just take composition more seriously in ranked (like i usually try to pick last to fill holes) and qp is just more chill, not really trying to fuck anyone over

Just people having fun, 6 meis for life <3

Heh, had a QP KotH match last night where the enemy team stacked 5 Meis and a Lucio. Luckily I was playing Zarya, so I just kept shielding myself and my teammates to let them walk right through the ice spray and take them out. Took a damn long time to win the first round, with Meis constantly jumping in and freezing themselves on the point, but in the end we took them out, and the enemy team switched to a more sane comp in the next round.

brian!

If qp was a tryharding environment wed probably still see dbl winston, lucio, tracer on every koth map, pretty glad it's not that

Odrion

Banned
Is it just trolling, being frustrated with teammates' picks, or a legit strategy (or some weird combination of all three?)
Combination of all three. I know when I've chosen the third copy it was because two people decided to choose two of the same heroes at the beginning, and it's fun to troll and deny them a normal game.

but pro-tip: leaving the game before it puts you in the spawn room (aka during the "assemble your team" phase) won't count as a loss.

Most of the time I do it for fun. Like if I'm solo queueing and everybody else in the match picks Winston or whatever, I'm not gonna be the stick in the mud going "but but guys we need to win!" Occasionally it's fun to just mess around and have fun even if you'll obviously lose - it is a game after all.

One time I participated in an all-Lucio defense on Volskaya. It went terrible but it was fun as hell as all of us were spamming "I need healing!" the whole match.

Odrion

Banned
Not only are they not allowing people to buy them with saved up currency, but earning them with normal lootboxes has pretty low odds given how many items there already are. So this is definitely a scheme designed to force people who want them to box microtransactions. Lol.

not an exploitative system at all

I-hate-u

Lucio best skin is still slapshot, Zarya's best skin is still the winter one, and Tracer is the cancer of this game to me whom I would never play.

Guess I am not too bothered with the lootbox exclusive skins situation.

Lucio best skin is still slapshot, Zarya's best skin is still the winter one, and Tracer is the cancer of this game to me whom I would never play.

Guess I am not too bothered with the lootbox exclusive skins situation.

The best feeling in Overwatch is playing Roadhog and hooking a Tracer.

Well people also just don't give a shit in QP, me included. If I want to learn new heroes or just try out weird tactics, I chill in QP.

Yeah, I don't care either...some guy actually got mad on the mic because no one played Healer on our team, I lulzed.

Just wanted to comment on how stark the difference is in gameplay quality between QP vs. ranked.

for me it remains playing Symm and killing a Genji, Tracer, or Rein w/ just her beam gun thingy. Or D.Va w/o her mecha and taking out 2-3 peeps w/ her handgun. ^__^

Got knocked out of my mech as D.Va a while back by a Roadhog, and managed to take him out with my pistol. Even though the rest of the match ended up being the enemy team stomping us, that felt really damn good.

Nimby

Banned
They should just remove duplicates from the special lootboxes. I'm perfectly fine with seasonal, limited time content, and I'm perfectly fine with you not being able to purchase it with in-game credits. I just think getting a duplicate Olympic item, that doesn't go towards other Olympic items is very scummy.

At most, allow people to buy them with in-game credits.

Palmer_v1

I require a sturdy framed woman who can accept my child seed without numerous medical complications. I'm a large man IRL (6'9, 280lb), so there are potentially life threatening implications for a 5'1 97lb female who decides to breed with me.

Granted she successfully survives the mating process, my child seed would slowly rupture her small frame from the inside out. Child birthing would be especially gruesome and would likely require surgical removal through the abdomen, robbing my offspring of the trial of blood required for him to truly earn his place in the world.

I like Zarya. We would make good, strong, genetically superior offspring.

xaosslug

Got knocked out of my mech as D.Va a while back by a Roadhog, and managed to take him out with my pistol. Even though the rest of the match ended up being the enemy team stomping us, that felt really damn good.

lol, YES! I try to AT LEAST take out the person who breaks my suit, to show 'em I don't need no stinkin' mecha suit to be their problem! ;)

Honestly I'm more excited about the possibility of a new map.

They should just remove duplicates from the special lootboxes. I'm perfectly fine with seasonal, limited time content, and I'm perfectly fine with you not being able to purchase it with in-game credits. I just think getting a duplicate Olympic item, that doesn't go towards other Olympic items is very scummy.

At most, allow people to buy them with in-game credits.

Agreed.

Skii

Try playing with gaffes, if you're on PC you can add me if you want aND I'll help when I can Azoor#21739

Thanks for the offer but I play on the PS4 because I can't play with a mouse and keyboard. Will probably need to learn one day lol.

Yeah this people seriously need to get out of their CoD mentality, playing TDM chasing for kills while expecting others to do the objective for you. You know after gaining many high levels, experiencing multiple losses you would expect to know and learn the reason on how to win matches through teamwork on objective but nope, these fuckers never learn, just go in comp and play like Call of Duty.

These people are level 100+ and still play like eliminations are more important than the objective. It makes me sick.

Last night I killed 4 people with one self destruct but didn't get the Game Over achievement. I wonder why, perhaps one of the kills was delayed or something?

Odrion

Banned
I wonder if they're going to have the new map and game mode in this patch.

Got to say, they're being pretty proactive with the new content if this is the case. If we're really going to see the Sombra debut this month at Gamescom, man.

Bah, it's finals week. But when that update hits i'm gonna have to play for awhile.

Instead of using this time before then to study I just keep refreshing the sites waiting for an announcement. lol

Prelude.

29 hours lv250 Genji player is being an asshole over people giving tips on the team comp at the start of the match, we lose the first match, he leaves. Who could have seen that coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom