• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

paid for 50 lootboxes. no ragret until i don't get lucio skins.
Like I said above, the legendaries drop really easily. Seems to be a higher drop rate than regular legendaries. I got all of them plus their variants from 50 boxes. Even got the Lucio variant one twice.

Opened 50 cases.
lol

The skins I was able to get were:

Lucio
D.Va
Zarya
Torb

I didn't get Tracer, so I'm annoyed by that. However, Lucio's skin is really good, so I'm happy.

Also got to use that American Flag icon! MERICA

Fuck it I'm getting 50 more.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Like I said above, the legendaries drop really easily. Seems to be a higher drop rate than regular legendaries. I got all of them plus their variants from 50 boxes. Even got the Lucio variant one twice.

You get at least one seasonal item from every box and legendary drop rates have been increased in general it would seem.

Uh so can we talk about why Tracer's hands are friggin massive on the main menu now? It's creeping me out.

10bedf9dd62eb26ed36dbb46ab186687.jpg

Splurged for 50 and got lucky with one of the new Tracer skins and both new Zarya skins... and four copies of the new Genji color scheme. And I don't even play Genji.

ramyeon

You get at least one seasonal item from every box and legendary drop rates have been increased in general it would seem.
Also seems like I was really lucky reading some of the other comments of people who bought 50 boxes.

Ihave 6000 coins saved up now but nothing to buy, I've pretty much got everything I want at this point. I hope these have some use in the future.

tw1164

Wow, the new brawl is exactly like rocket league. The first two scores were from my teammates knocking into our own goal.

Palmer_v1

Triple Gold chest!

- Tracer Summer games (okay, whatever, I don't play her, but it's cool)
- Daredevil 76(Duplicate)
- Coins
- A spray

Did not live up to the hype I felt when I saw the three golden streaks flying through the air.

Nimby

Banned
Not really impressed with the costumes this update, besides Genji and McCree. Everyone better have a Halloween costume. If we don't get Viking Torbjorn and Witch Mercy like in that one photo I'm gonna be very upset.

So in the developer update, Jeff Kaplan mentions that the Summer Games items should return next year (he brings up a hypothetical player looking at the Zarya skin and going "oh man I can't wait until next summer, maybe I'll get lucky enough to get that skin!").

This makes it a little less scummy.

ramyeon

So in the developer update, Jeff Kaplan mentions that the Summer Games items should return next year (he brings up a hypothetical player looking at the Zarya skin and going "oh man I can't wait until next summer, maybe I'll get lucky enough to get that skin!").

I had a feeling this would be the case - imagine this will happen with all seasonal stuff.

I had a feeling this would be the case - imagine this will happen with all seasonal stuff.

Yeah, it's likely. I imagine Autumn will have Halloween as its seasonal theme, Winter obviously Christmas/Hanukkah and Spring perhaps a mix between Easter and Valentine's Day.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Lmao who wants to wait a whole year just to get another shot?

Also what kind of people who will still be playing a year later won't want new stuff instead?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Fantastic idea.

And it's called Summer Games so maybe next year they will return with more mini games.

Also what kind of people who will still be playing a year later won't want new stuff instead?

That's why Jeff also mentioned bringing in new stuff as well. Basically the point is that if there's one thing you missed from this year's event, you have a shot at it next year when it comes back. This is especially the case if you start playing later into the game's lifespan - locking those skins away for eternity makes little sense.

The way they set this event up also is testing the waters still, so they might change things eventually.

ramyeon

I mean assumedly that comment is about both people that missed stuff this year and also new players who start after the event. Having it come back is only a good thing.

I would think they will also have new content as well, like Summer skins for heroes that missed out this year etc.

Apathy

Called it. It's amazing how much better the OW team is than Team 5 and how they handle communication

ramyeon

Lucioball is pretty bad if you've ever played Rocket League.

Just too slow and little variety.
Regardless I think it's a cool addition as a weekly brawl and I'm looking forward to what else they bring in the future. Never expected anything outside of rule changes/character limits from Weekly Brawls.

Their logic is bullshit. "We want the items to feel rare so we disable credits being used for them, but if you want to pull out your credit card and keep buying crates until you get what you want, that's fine!". It turns into a "who spent money on crates" rather than "who got lucky" situation. Using WoW as a comparison is terrible because you cant buy extra rolls for the Headless Horseman mount or Love Rocket mount, each player is limited to a certain amount of attempts per event based on the number of max level characters they currently have. There is no "give us money to get 100 more rolls on the Headless Horseman" option.

Also, way to confirm coins are fucking useless going forward Blizz. Getting dupes is that more of a kick to the balls now.

Their logic is bullshit. "We want the items to feel rare so we disable credits being used for them, but if you want to pull out your credit card and buy 200 crates, that's fine!". It turns into a "who spent money on crates" rather than "who got lucky" situation.

Also, way to confirm coins are fucking useless going forward Blizz. Getting dupes is that more of a kick to the balls now.
Yeah, bringing the event back hardly does anything to solve the complaints.

We have a whole load of coins, so what are we going to do with them?

Wait, like all the way?

My last game on it, it was Sudden Death and the attackers had to go all the way to the end of the stage to win. There was only one checkpoint and it was all the way at the end of the stage. So it was literally impossible for them to do it given the time constraints of Sudden Death. It must be a bug if nobody else is experiencing it.

ramyeon

So at level up right now you get a summer games box instead of a regular box?
Correct, up until the 22nd (23rd here in Australia) when the event ends.
Yeah, bringing the event back hardly does anything to solve the complaints.

We have a whole load of coins, so what are we going to do with them?
I imagine there will be other, non seasonal skins added periodically and those will be purchasable with coins. Not all the skins going forward are going to be Seasonal content.

If not I have no idea what to do with my 6000 coins :D
My last game on it, it was Sudden Death and the attackers had to go all the way to the end of the stage to win. There was only one checkpoint and it was all the way at the end of the stage. So it was literally impossible for them to do it given the time constraints of Sudden Death. It must be a bug if nobody else is experiencing it.
It's a known issue I think, someone else mentioned it earlier in the thread.

Is there a checklist of summer items yet?

1 new spray for each character (total of 22)
1 new voice line for each character (total of 22)
1 new player icon for each character (total of 22)
1 new player icon for almost every nationality represented in Overwatch (USA, Mexico, Brazil, UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Greece, Russia, Egypt, Nepal, China, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Numbani; total of 17, should be 18 but India is missing for some reason)
3 new highlight intros (Junkrat, Tracer, Lucio)
3 new emotes (Bastion, Symmetra, Lucio)
6 new legendary skins (2 of each for Tracer, Lucio and Zarya)
6 new epic skins (1 of each for DVa, Genji, Mercy, Torbjörn, Widowmaker, McCree)
1 new Victory Pose for several characters (Mei, Zenyatta, Winston, Widowmaker, Soldier: 76, Torbjörn, Reaper, Pharah, Roadhog; total of 9)

I might be missing something, but I think that's it.

ramyeon

1 new spray and voice line for each character (total of 22)
1 new voice line for each character (total of 22)
1 new player icon for each character (total of 22)
1 new player icon for almost every nationality represented in Overwatch (total of 17, should be 18 but India is missing for some reason; Numbani is in it though funnily enough :p)
3 new highlight intros (Junkrat, Tracer, Lucio)
3 new emotes (Bastion, Symmetra, Lucio)
6 new legendary skins (2 of each for Tracer, Lucio and Zarya)
6 new epic skins (1 of each for DVa, Genji, Mercy, Torbjörn, Widowmaker, McCree)
1 new Victory Pose for several characters (Mei, Zenyatta, Winston, Widowmaker, Soldier: 76, Torbjörn, Reaper, Pharah, Roadhog; total of 9)

I might be missing something, but I think that's it.
Thanks for this.

Looks like from the main stuff (Not counting voice lines, icons and sprays) I'm just missing 2 intros (Junkrat and Tracer), 1 skin (Genji's) and 4 poses (Zenyatta, Widowmaker, Pharah and Roadhog). Pretty stoked and confident I can get all that stuff from levelling up before the event finishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom