• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxSpirit

Are there any EuroGaffers on? FoxSpirit#1591 is my tag. Currently lvl.36 ranked and climbing. Playing a wide range of characters.

Davidion

Free loot box gave me purple coins. Great lol

Bought loot box pack. Here we go.....

Did everyone buy loot packs with this promo? Anecdotal, but it sure seems effective...

Really tempted to buy a pack, but also really loathe how their entire system works. Damn ethics

So far I've played against an all Dva team, 4 bastion team and a 4 Winston team.

You should be able to counter all DVA team with all winstons, on paper. 4 bastions should be perfectly fine unless they're on attack; I've gotten caught off guard by those on attack if they've a reinhardt protecting them.

Not quite took on a crowd of winstons though; I would think Pharahs should work.

Owzers

Did everyone buy loot packs with this promo? Anecdotal, but it sure seems effective...

Really tempted to buy a pack, but also really loathe how their entire system works. Damn ethics
Isn't it best to earn loot boxes until close to the end, you might get something you want without having to buy. If not, then debate caving.

Apathy

No, i've played enough wow/mmo's/diablo to have patience
but thanks to everyone that did, gives me more free stuff and pays for the servers

xaosslug

Nope you can't. He means the elite level coin chest.

I think they mean the 150 coins drop.

me's so confuse, wat? There are elite coins you can use to buy more chests? Is this new?

nah, still holding out over here. I'm 83 rn and should be hitting my next 100 soon enough, and the levels/chests should be flowsinggggg.

LiK

Got:

Tracer track skin (blue)
Tracer track skin (orange)
D. Va Korea skin
Lucio Selecao skin
Lucio hockey with helm skin
Ana with mask skin
Zarya red skin (YES)

Junkrat and Lucio Summer highlights.
Widow and Mei Summer victory poses.
Lucio and Bastion Summer emotes.

A bunch of sprays, portraits etc.

Not a bad haul. I'll just play and see if I get Genji and McCree later. The only two I'm missing that a truly want before deadline.

Got:

Tracer track skin (blue)
Tracer track skin (orange)
D. Va Korea skin
Lucio Selecao skin
Lucio hockey with helm skin
Ana with mask skin
Zarya red skin (YES)

Junkrat and Lucio Summer highlights.
Widow and Mei Summer victory poses.
Lucio and Bastion Summer emotes.

A bunch of sprays, portraits etc.

Not a bad haul. I'll just play and see if I get Genji and McCree later. The only two I'm missing that a truly want before deadline.

Did you buy boxes?

Davidion

Isn't it best to earn loot boxes until close to the end, you might get something you want without having to buy. If not, then debate caving.

Yeah...working on it.

I ain't bought shit, never will. :p

No, i've played enough wow/mmo's/diablo to have patience
but thanks to everyone that did, gives me more free stuff and pays for the servers

nah, still holding out over here. I'm 83 rn and should be hitting my next 100 soon enough, and the levels/chests should be flowsinggggg.

Your collective patience fuels my resolve. Namaste.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Earlier, when the DDoSing was happening, I managed to get into a game.

Doing well with D.Va...

Until this happened.

The timing couldn't have been better.

ramyeon

me's so confuse, wat? There are elite coins you can use to buy more chests? Is this new?
No, these chests of regular in-game currency.
fxvGd1E.jpg
Come in different levels (Blue/Common, Purple/Elite and Orange/Legendary).

xaosslug

No, these chests of regular in-game currency.

Come in different levels (Blue/Common, Purple/Elite and Orange/Legendary).

thank you for the visual aid! Def feel like a dunce, now. >_< I really appreciate you and Apathy taking the time to explain this to me! :)

Davidion

Don't you mean the exact opposite?
There's currently no easy counter to a DVa stack.

1v1, sure. But Winston stack should significantly increase damage that can't be matrix'd, no? You're looking at a loosely distributed 150-250 AOE plus the same as DPS if you're coordinated well. Conversely alternating Winston shields would cut down on damage from dva.

Lots of admitted theory craft on my part; has anyone tried this?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Really tempted to buy a pack, but also really loathe how their entire system works. Damn ethics.
Haven't bought any yet, hoping I can get what I want by playing normally these next 3 weeks.

Gotten four summer loot boxes - one free, three from leveling up.

Three new profile pictures - and a duplicate of a profile picture.

Yeah, fuck you Blizzard if you think that is gonna encourage me to buy loot boxes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I bought packs for this. I bought packs for when the game launched. I will buy packs every time they show continued support for the game most likely.

maomaoIYP

1v1, sure. But Winston stack should significantly increase damage that can't be matrix'd, no? You're looking at a loosely distributed 150-250 AOE plus the same as DPS if you're coordinated well. Conversely alternating Winston shields would cut down on damage from dva.

Lots of admitted theory craft on my part; has anyone tried this?
I don't even bother with matrix when fighting winstons as DVa, it's a free kill no matter how. A Reinhardt stack would work way better. Zarya only works well against DVa if her beam is charged, otherwise Zarya isn't much of a threat either.

ramyeon

I don't even bother with matrix when fighting winstons as DVa, it's a free kill no matter how. A Reinhardt stack would work way better. Zarya only works well against DVa if her beam is charged, otherwise Zarya isn't much of a threat either.
D.vas always charge my beam for me as Zarya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom