• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Kid

So I've been plaything this so much I caved and went back and bought the Collector's Edition. Just wish it came with a better character statue besides Soldier.

Oh well. Man this game doesn't get old.

Out of 12 people, myself and the person I was grouped with were the only ones to get cards. Don't know how considering I played horribly and we barely won.

LiK

Out of 12 people, myself and the person I was grouped with were the only ones to get cards. Don't know how considering I played horribly and we barely won.

I was just messing around with random characters to show off the new skins I got. Sorry I wasn't really trying tonight. But you guys did well.

Alur

Lucioball is a great diversion.

Feels like maybe it's a tad slow movement wise and lacks the ambiance of Rocket League. There's so much dead air without much background noise/music/cheering going on. The hit box on the ball also seems a tad wonky from time to time, but it's fun. Played it a ton tonight.

Lucioball is a great diversion.

Feels like maybe it's a tad slow movement wise and lacks the ambiance of Rocket League. There's so much dead air without much background noise/music/cheering going on. The hit box on the ball also seems a tad wonky from time to time, but it's fun. Played it a ton tonight.
It's fun but I agree that it feels a little slow at times. Make it 4v4 and bump up the base movement speed a bit.

LucioBall is just plain boring. I think it would have been better if they made it a volleyball game instead. And have his push shot set to unlimited. The second the ball touches the floor you win/lose a point. First to 11 or whatever.

I got that Reaper BMX spray in my free loot box. Amazingly that's the ONLY Reaper spray I've unlocked and I'm at rank 59. Pretty funny.

The game has been a broken mess for me since this update. A few games last night my character just wouldn't properly load in. I couldn't see my weapon and the profile picture in the bottom left was just a plain white square. And kill cams were just a black screen. Not a very fun experience at all.

Rad-

Console players what do you think of McCree now? Honestly I think hes worse off.

Stun + fth can kill Tracer, Genji and Reaper so he's back to being an easy counter to those but he's still worse overall because of the range nerf. But definitely more balanced now. Maybe still a tad too good so I wouldn't be shocked if he saw another slight nerf. But I hope they keep him as it is, he has seen enough changes.

One thing I didn't like about the range nerf on consoles is that it makes Pharah even harder to kill.

Five straight losses in ranked. Super frustrating. I'm playing well enough individually, two separate games with four gold medals, but it just seems I'm always stuck on a team with people that still don't fundamentally understand the game. Or they just quit after one round in King of the Hill.

Well, that's the last time I play alone. Lesson learned.

Dragner

Ive dominated every game with Zaria since I got her red skin. Probably people are less afraid of getting near me that when I used the emo zaria one...I used to use it for comical purpose only...it was so ugly.

Ive dominated every game with Zaria since I got her red skin. Probably people are less afraid of getting near me that when I used the emo zaria one...I used to use it for comical purpose only...it was so ugly.

I would have just stuck with the default even if that was all I had when I unlocked Zarya's Industrial skin. I've been using Arctic nearly since launch, and that won't change until I get one of her olympic skins.

Got a legendary Olympic Zarya skin! I'm not sure how common they are though, I got mine on the gift box.

And typing Metal Gear Rising song lyrics during a Genji Play of the game never gets old to me.

Dragner

I would have just stuck with the default even if that was all I had when I unlocked Zarya's Industrial skin. I've been using Arctic nearly since launch, and that won't change until I get one of her olympic skins.

Yeah her olympic skins are solid. Not hypercute but they have good weapon design and are solid overall. Before this I think her best one was the black epic one.

Now there are no reason to run legendaries for genji or mccree. American and Japan skins are so superior...not hard to be better than Legendary Genji skins tho.

psyfi

Banned
I've been talking about a Rocket League mode for weeks now, glad to see Blizz agreed with me. :) Didn't expect it to be only Lucio though!

Yeah her olympic skins are solid. Not hypercute but they have good weapon design and are solid overall. Before this I think her best one was the black epic one.

Now there are no reason to run legendaries for genji or mccree. American and Japan skins are so superior...not hard to be better than Legendary Genji skins tho.

I still really like Sparrow and Vigilante, although I haven't had a close look at McCree's new skin.

Rize_21

Blizzard, please please please, please give a 10 dmg to that new Lucio emote, the things we'd pull off would be hilarious, do it please!

Dragner

When are people going to get that Ana is useless.

FTFY.

I actually dont think it. Just an obvious joke.

She is actually very good on good hands but the skill ceiling is too high. She is way harder than any other character to use and is not even close.

I was watching the other day one of the EnvyUs guys using her on stream and was PogChamping all the time.

Aargh! Just got a 20 killstreak on Dorado, but the 20th came a split second after we got the payload to the last point. Apparently that doesn't unlock the achievement despite "20 player kill streak" popping up in big blue letters.

Never going to get that achievement. Never.

On a positive note though, I'm on a bit of a winning run in competitive.

Copenap

can you earn XP to get the new loot boxes in the lucioball?
Yes. Someone should do the math what's more effective because game duration for Lucioball is shorter so you might actually be even better off due to game completion / medal / win bonus. Don't know if the game time xp is linear though.

She is actually very good on good hands but the skill ceiling is too high. She is way harder than any other character to use and is not even close.

I agree with this.
Ana has to work so much harder to achieve what other healers do really easily, and the player has to be good to achieve it.

Plus, unlike other heroes, her ult is super reliant on the player you target - if the boosted player can't make use of it, it's all a waste.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Am I the only one experiencing the game spiking in VRM during this update?

Got some weird bugs like voices and sound not coming out properly.

Zomba13

Yes. Someone should do the math what's more effective because game duration for Lucioball is shorter so you might actually be even better off due to game completion / medal / win bonus. Don't know if the game time xp is linear though.

Me and two friends had a Lucioball game last for ages last night because we were too good. We kept scoring against the other side and you get the replay every time and the count down etc so it can take a loooong time if you've got a good team against a bad team.

ramyeon

Anyway, considering how much they hyped these "summer skins" it's pretty disappointing that we got almost nothing in the end.

Play Torbjorn for a while.
I mean they didn't really hype them. They just said skins were in the pipeline and coming. The fanbase did all the hyping.

I hope that with the next content patch it will be coin based items, it would be very annoying if all cosmetics going forward were loot box only tbh

ramyeon

3 days in a row of loss after loss. Guys I really need someone to play with. Anyone who is online around this time on PS4.

Please T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom