• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that with the next content patch it will be coin based items, it would be very annoying if all cosmetics going forward were loot box only tbh
That would make coins entirely useless after a certain point. do I'm guessing this will only be a thing for seasonal items.

3 days in a row of loss after loss. Guys I really need someone to play with. Anyone who is online around this time on PS4.

Please T_T
In my experience, most people on PS4 play in the evening, around 12 hours or so from now.

They should bring it back with different characters from time to time. Imagine Pharah Ball and Winston Ball. :D
Quidditch style with Pharah lol
Or all mercy with modifiers and if all mercy there should be points on the map where they can GA so they stay in the air
Make it happen during Halloween so they have brooms lol

ramyeon

That would make coins entirely useless after a certain point. do I'm guessing this will only be a thing for seasonal items.

In my experience, most people on PS4 play in the evening, around 12 hours or so from now.
I live in Australia so it's evening now, only time I can play is at night after work.

thenexus6

Finally got a decent drop

UqhtqiA.jpg

Skii

Yeah I'm pretty sick of this game at this point. It's all just so poorly balanced in competitive at the moment and the blatant cash grab for the summer olympic boxes has me really annoyed.

I just had a game in Gibralter where 2 people left us after the first round loss. The 4 of us managed to push the payload all the way to end. We were playing out of our skins and I cleaned the final push with Death Blossom. And what does the game decide to do? It makes us defend in sudden death. How fucking stupid can you be. How can the game possibly think that 4 people can stop the payload from moving to the 2nd checkpoint? Why can't the team at the disadvantage be on attack automatically? We all know that has a massive advantage in 6v6 let alone 6v4.

And then to top it all off, I get a standard legendary from the summer boxes rather than one of the Olympic legendaries.

This game is killing a piece of me every play session. I hate myself for playing with randoms but no one is ever on when I play.

Blues1990

Yeah I'm pretty sick of this game at this point. It's all just so poorly balanced in competitive at the moment and the blatant cash grab for the summer olympic boxes has me really annoyed.

I just had a game in Gibralter where 2 people left us after the first round loss. The 4 of us managed to push the payload all the way to end. We were playing out of our skins and I cleaned the final push with Death Blossom. And what does the game decide to do? It makes us defend in sudden death. How fucking stupid can you be. How can the game possibly think that 4 people can stop the payload from moving to the 2nd checkpoint? Why can't the team at the disadvantage be on attack automatically? We all know that has a massive advantage in 6v6 let alone 6v4.

And then to top it all off, I get a standard legendary from the summer boxes rather than one of the Olympic legendaries.

This game is killing a piece of me every play session. I hate myself for playing with randoms but no one is ever on when I play.

Which version are you playing? I'm on PC, & I'll be down to join & play a match or two with you, depending on the time.

I've been trying literally since launch. Had a few on weekends but on weekdays it just never works out because of time zones :(

Yeah, I thought it would've been a guarantee with getting the PC version that I could get some guys on the forums to play with me. So far, it hasn't been the case.

I'm having a blast playing the game, but getting wrecked by a well coordinated team (VS a team that goes about doing their own thing and NOT help defend the points or carry the payload) is starting to get to me.

since the event is 3 weeks long.

next week's brawl should be mccree's polo and they are all on horses but it'll probably be tracer rugby.

but i wouldn't mind a 9 hole golf with s76.

but then again i can't think of anything olympic related or sports other than fantasy stuff lol.

Prelude.

I mean they didn't really hype them. They just said skins were in the pipeline and coming. The fanbase did all the hyping.
They've been talking about these summer skins since forever and we ended up with, what, 9 new skins and you can't even purchase them. I mean, it's a pretty underwhelming update.

3 days in a row of loss after loss. Guys I really need someone to play with. Anyone who is online around this time on PS4.

Please T_T

I live in Australia so it's evening now, only time I can play is at night after work.

I'm the matchmaker.

Copenap

They've been talking about these summer skins since forever and we ended up with, what, 9 new skins and you can't even purchase them. I mean, it's a pretty underwhelming update.
I follow the Overwatch team on twitter and youtube and never heard them talk about the summer skins, only time I ever heard the summer skins mentioned was occasionally here on gaf.

Considering how unexpected this dropped yesterday I was quite positively surprised. Only disappointment is no new comp map (don't even need an entire mode).

One thing I wanna say that I really really enjoy is Blizzard doing all that ARG cryptography shit teasing Sombra. I just loooooooove this stuff.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Couldn't play last night due the DDoS
My free loot box had only stickers lol :(

protonium

The game launched on May 24, 2.5 months ago, and this is their, what, 3rd content update (Competitive, Ana, Summer Games)? Unless you're a mayfly, I don't see how that could be considered "since forever".

Yea, I'm disappointed we didn't get a new map in regular modes.

Well we have those 4 datamined maps, Sombra for sure, and room for a new hero in the gallery. I wonder if there is a huge update on the way.

Although Summer games may postpone that a bit. I would have thought it would happen at the end of season 1, but the games will still be going on at that point, and I think their content quota will be filled for a month or two.

But who knows, it'd be awesome to get a huge update to start September. Keep it coming Blizz.

Also rumors that the new German map will hit for Gamescom makes a lot of sense.

RemiLP

Its cool that they add som fun game modes, but if you have RL, this is just an incredible bad version of that. 1 game of lucio ball was enough :p

Prelude.

I follow the Overwatch team on twitter and youtube and never heard them talk about the summer skins, only time I ever heard the summer skins mentioned was occasionally here on gaf.

Considering how unexpected this dropped yesterday I was quite positively surprised. Only disappointment is no new comp map (don't even need an entire mode).
It was mostly on their forum and during interviews, iirc.

Yea, I'm disappointed we didn't get a new map in regular modes.
The Black Forest map should be pretty likely at Gamescom.

The game launched on May 24, 2.5 months ago, and this is their, what, 3rd content update (Competitive, Ana, Summer Games)? Unless you're a mayfly, I don't see how that could be considered "since forever".
That's the point, they started talking about these summer skins pretty much right after the launch of the game and people started saving up currency in anticipation of these new skins since we've seen the same ones for months including the beta, and, well, this is what we've got.

Veelk

Banned
Mei fun fact #10: Blizzard knows Mei is a terrible character. They just thought it'd be funny to troll their fanbase.

R0ckman

Details on balance in comp? Monster hunter drove me away for a bit and I heard there were comp changes like no more character stacking. So it didnt help at all?

Did it make things like people raging when their character gets picked happen more often? Are people still leaving games like crazy?

Got:

Tracer track skin (blue)
Tracer track skin (orange)
D. Va Korea skin
Lucio Selecao skin
Lucio hockey with helm skin
Ana with mask skin
Zarya red skin (YES)

Junkrat and Lucio Summer highlights.
Widow and Mei Summer victory poses.
Lucio and Bastion Summer emotes.

A bunch of sprays, portraits etc.

Not a bad haul. I'll just play and see if I get Genji and McCree later. The only two I'm missing that a truly want before deadline.

Not bad, bought 50 Boxes myself and got:
- Zarya's Red and White,
- Lucio white soccer uniform,
- Orange track and field tracer (twice),
- Swidish Torb,
- Nihon Genji,
- Boxing emote for Bastion,
- Gold medal poses for Mei and Wiston
- Golf pose for s76.

I might buy some more boxes since I need Murica McCree and D.va's new Skin.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
There aren't that many leavers in my experience. Got it in one game but i actually managed to win that one so eh.

Balance right now is skewed towards aggression. Which is fine depending on who you ask.

Got Soviet Zarya, Wasteland Ana and 150 overwatch bucks in the same loot box. Bought a few boxes and got Nihon Genji then got it again from a level up. Seeing as Tracer is stuck with that cape I think I'm good as far as these even skins go. Weightlifting Zarya was the only one I would have been miffed at not getting.

Details on balance in comp? Monster hunter drove me away for a bit and I heard there were comp changes like no more character stacking. So it didnt help at all?

Did it make things like people raging when their character gets picked happen more often? Are people still leaving games like crazy?

I actually haven't experienced the "you picked my character" rage in this game at all. I was expecting to, especially since I played DOTA a lot and saw it there on the reg.

Leavers still exist but I haven't had any in Comp for a while. That shit happens unendingly in Quick Play.

About leavers, has anyone ever noticed how it's never the person kicking serious ass who rages and then quits? It's always the one who ran in head-first as Reaper or Reinhardt 3 or 4 times and died.

LiK

I still get leavers in Comp during solo or partial group queues. they usually leave after losing one round in Payload maps. I've seen this happen in those maps more than the other modes. This was before the latest patch tho. I really don't get why they would do that. Hope the 10 min penalty makes people think twice about leaving. I would've preferred an hour.

Twookie

the fact that you can get regular items in the new summer games chest kinda baffles me

how on earth am i going to get the items i want without paying for the boxes

Alavard

the fact that you can get regular items in the new summer games chest kinda baffles me

how on earth am i going to get the items i want without paying for the boxes

If you watch the developer video on the event, the stated reason is that they want to bring this event back every year in Summer (and do other recurring events too), so people look forward to them coming each year and look forward to the chance of getting some of the cosmetics that they've seen other players sporting in the mean time. They don't want the whole playerbase to have them all.

Logged on real quick to open the free box. Got a 50 credit coin and a spray duplicate, but also the Union Flag Tracer skin and the Shooting Ana player icon, which is nice.

I probably will go buy a set of 50 boxes when I get my money tomorrow.

Twookie

If you watch the developer video on the event, the stated reason is that they want to bring this event back every year in Summer (and do other recurring events too), so people look forward to them coming each year and look forward to the chance of getting some of the cosmetics that they've seen other players sporting in the mean time. They don't want the whole playerbase to have them all.

so if I don't get a lucky rng roll now I have to wait a whole year until I get new chances to rng roll again. bleugh

I wouldn't mind this so bad if I could just buy the skins with the coins I saved up for this

MartyStu

Holy shit, I have slowly and unwittingly been defaulting to Zenyatta, Ana, Lucio for all my matches.

I think I may need to diversify...

R0ckman

Whats causing my Tracer to use Lucio's "Can't stop, won't stop!" line?

Is she mocking him or something? Or did they just copy paste another phrase as usual?

AngryMoth

Holy shit, I have slowly and unwittingly been defaulting to Zenyatta, Ana, Lucio for all my matches.

I've noticed I've started to play pretty much exclusively Zen, D.Va, and Tracer for king of the hill, because those are the ones I'm best with. But yeah I think I should try diversify again, I used to play lots of Lucio, Junkrat, Mei, Zarya and Genji too

Yeah, lately I've been picking medic/support a lot more myself. Feels a lot more fun when my priority is to keep the team in killing shape rather than having the pressure to do the killing myself. Even when I'm not playing support, I'm usually playing Zarya and spending as much time throwing shields on my teammates as I am jumping into the fray and melting D.Vas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom