• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palmer_v1

That's what the original poster asked. Then Prelude. asked what the context is, so I provided the patch notes stating that Gibraltar was changed. I don't know how, myself.

That came with the patch, though, that wasn't the "adjustment". If it were, they would've put it into bug fixes.

Yeah, the Sudden Death thing is unintended on Gibraltar. I assume they changed the map layout somehow. The only thing I've noticed is that a Large medpack is now a small medpack in the second large hangar area. Like if you're attacking, it's the little room to the left of the second to last checkpoint.

LiK

Yeah, the Sudden Death thing is unintended on Gibraltar. I assume they changed the map layout somehow. The only thing I've noticed is that a Large medpack is now a small medpack in the second large hangar area. Like if you're attacking, it's the little room to the left of the second to last checkpoint.

oh, that must be it. was curious what else they could balance and health packs make sense.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
My friend has gotten 4 of the new skins in 4 boxes, it's almost unbelievable.

Pooya

Saw on reddit they added a bunch of new lighting effects. Switched to epic see what it's like, I've been playing on lowest settings for over a month and damn it's night and day in how different the game looks like... and I hate it. Played a game with Zarya, almost went blind with all the purple flashes they've added, it looks pretty but I can't play like this for long, I couldn't even see what I was hitting at times, so much bloom and sparkles. Low for life.

I've bought a couple of loot boxes since the summer event launched but I wish I didn't since it means I'm only supporting this bullshit decision to make all of it lootbox only. If it's special content for a limited time we should still be able to use gold towards them since they'll still be ~special~.

I just hate that these summer boxes don't come with the summer stuff exclusively in them. Instead you still get all the same dupes you usually get. It's a joke. Sort it out Blizz. :/

Skii

I've bought a couple of loot boxes since the summer event launched but I wish I didn't since it means I'm only supporting this bullshit decision to make all of it lootbox only. If it's special content for a limited time we should still be able to use gold towards them since they'll still be ~special~.

I just hate that these summer boxes don't come with the summer stuff exclusively in them. Instead you still get all the same dupes you usually get. It's a joke. Sort it out Blizz. :/

They will never do that. Anything that will force the player to buy more loot boxes will remain in the pool including dupes and non-summer event items. It is terrible practice resembling stuff you see in mobile gacha games.

Pooya

So is this game actually toasterwatch (as in, will any 970+ run it at ultra easily?)

if you want over 144fps all the time you still have to go low. I imagine 1070/1080 should be fine.

pros play with 250+ fps on 144hz monitors on all low setting. FPS really affects the input lag in this game, on 60fps it's not very playable actually or maybe I'm used to 144 now and can't go back.

Pooya

yeah, ultra setting feels odd no matter what fps, I tried soldier right now, your cursor becomes floaty, it's BAD. The game is perfectly snappy on low.

Palmer_v1

Random Symmetra thoughts:

I think she, along with Bastion, needs to be reworked rather than just rebalanced. Rather than focusing on her current utility, I think they could change how her gun works.

Leave her charged shot damage and speed as is, but add a disruption effect. Anyone tagged by it is unable to use non-weapon abilities for X seconds, including ults. I.e. Soldier can still shoot and helix rocket, but can't drop healing zones, sprint, or ult. Zarya can laser beam or laser grenade, but can't shield or ult.

For her lock on laser, maybe reduce the max damage it can do, but increase the range a bit, so it's closer to Zarya's beam range, and have it disrupt her target as long as it's locked onto them.

I also considered a damage transfer type characteristic, but am undecided. Maybe 25% of damage to symmetra is transferred to lock on target. Or damage done by others to the target recharges symmetra's shield. Or damage Sym does becomes shield recharge for nearby allies.

Even aside from her teleporter, shields, and turrets, this would give her a somewhat unique role that still falls under the defense/support category.

Gurrry

Its really a shame that you lose more as an underdog than you gain when you win when youre apparently at the same team rank.

Really confusing system. Save us season 2

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Out of the 4 loot boxes I've earned post patch, the summer item has been a player icon in 3 of them. With my luck the next one is gonna be a duplicate player icon.

Random Symmetra thoughts:

I think she, along with Bastion, needs to be reworked rather than just rebalanced. Rather than focusing on her current utility, I think they could change how her gun works.

Leave her charged shot damage and speed as is, but add a disruption effect. Anyone tagged by it is unable to use non-weapon abilities for X seconds, including ults. I.e. Soldier can still shoot and helix rocket, but can't drop healing zones, sprint, or ult. Zarya can laser beam or laser grenade, but can't shield or ult.

For her lock on laser, maybe reduce the max damage it can do, but increase the range a bit, so it's closer to Zarya's beam range, and have it disrupt her target as long as it's locked onto them.

I also considered a damage transfer type characteristic, but am undecided. Maybe 25% of damage to symmetra is transferred to lock on target. Or damage done by others to the target recharges symmetra's shield. Or damage Sym does becomes shield recharge for nearby allies.

Even aside from her teleporter, shields, and turrets, this would give her a somewhat unique role that still falls under the defense/support category.

Yeah, I love Symmetra, but that love only extends to "On defense, until Point A is captured or we win." I'm not sure what needs to be changed about her, but I'd love for something to be reworked so that she would actually be viable in other game types. Hell, that scenario I mentioned above with a Reinhardt shielding a Bastion or Torbjorn turret would be perfect for a Symmetra to counter, but she's of such limited use otherwise that I can never justify switching to her in that situation.

At least the latest patch changed the "No Support" message to "No Healer" so that people don't think that Sym is going to be patching up their owies. But the fact that she is literally the only character in that category who doesn't heal in some way makes me think she needs serious reworking.

I've decided the 'Roadhog feeds ults.' Narrative doesn't take into account that he also shuts down several per game.

I'm goin full soulflarz. All Roadhog until it stops working.

Top 500 here I come.

Jokab

The most baffling attitude to me in competitive is "this team is so bad it's not even worth it i'm afk"

Like if your team is so bad, then play better I guess? Going afk is DEFINITELY going to lose you the game.

I may be biased since it's the one I got but the red Zarya weightlifting skin looks much better than the white one

I prefer the white variation, myself, since it's the Russian flag, and I like the composition of white blue and red.

Yeah, I love Symmetra, but that love only extends to "On defense, until Point A is captured or we win." I'm not sure what needs to be changed about her, but I'd love for something to be reworked so that she would actually be viable in other game types. Hell, that scenario I mentioned above with a Reinhardt shielding a Bastion or Torbjorn turret would be perfect for a Symmetra to counter, but she's of such limited use otherwise that I can never justify switching to her in that situation.

At least the latest patch changed the "No Support" message to "No Healer" so that people don't think that Sym is going to be patching up their owies. But the fact that she is literally the only character in that category who doesn't heal in some way makes me think she needs serious reworking.

I made a massive post earlier about how I would rework Symmetra in order to make her more viable beyond that tiny niche of hers.

Palmer_v1

I prefer the white variation, myself, since it's the Russian flag, and I like the composition of white blue and red.

I made a massive post earlier about how I would rework Symmetra in order to make her more viable beyond that tiny niche of hers.

Can you link it? I'd be curious to see

noomi

sometimes i wonder why people verbally abuse people just because you might lose or you're not doing well. stop that garbage. no one will wanna play with you in the future.

Almost every game I play has someone bitching in it, seems they do it just to troll.

Every once in a while though... I get that good group of players... you know the ones that are able to have fun in the game even when they lose. Carry on normal convo's in the game, and actually enjoy the matches.... yeah I want more of those please.

AngryMoth

Ugh, just had a match cancelled when we were completely stomping and captured point A on Anubis within the first minute so some guy left.

Can you link it? I'd be curious to see

Sure, here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=211919622&postcount=13128

I also forgot to mention in the bit about her turrets, allowing us to rotate through the numbers of the turrets by pressing the second weapon button - so instead of pulling out a hammer like Torb, pressing 2 or whatever you have it bound to progresses the turret number value so that you can specifically place and replace turrets as you wish, and don't have to keep an eye on which ones got replaced and if you want a turret there.

The Tracer skin continues to elude me.

It's the first item I got haha. I bet you I'll get like 10 duplicates of it while hunting down the other stuff I want.

Eric WK

Its really a shame that you lose more as an underdog than you gain when you win when youre apparently at the same team rank.

Really confusing system. Save us season 2

Any number of things could contribute to that, but yeah, the system isn't nearly transparent enough.

Got my Season 1 animated spray locked up so at this point I'm just looking forward to Season 2 as well.

SoldnerKei

gave in and bought a '5x loot boxes' thing, got the Zarya skin and Jap Genji, not even mad, Tracer skin or her PotG intro next pls

Lucioball is quite fun once you kind of figure out how to play it properly.

One thing I hope Blizzard does some time for skins is 80s style futuristic stuff, and either go retro with leather jackets and shit, or full on cyberpunk. Imagine cybernetic visors and implants with neon colours. Tracer's punk skin is somewhat close to what I imagine, but more something like this:
qzuCheM.jpg

Mead+Future+02.JPG

Or something like this, just for the laughs:

Genji as a cyber DJ throwing CDs instead of shuriken would be hilarious.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
if you want over 144fps all the time you still have to go low. I imagine 1070/1080 should be fine.

pros play with 250+ fps on 144hz monitors on all low setting. FPS really affects the input lag in this game, on 60fps it's not very playable actually or maybe I'm used to 144 now and can't go back.

It's pretty playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom