• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 loot boxes later and still no Tracer skin. No summer games skin for anyone for that matter. I keep getting sprays, voice lines and repeats.
Maybe tomorrow.

duckroll

I feel that I'm going to have to keep spamming my Lucio soccer emote to validate my sad pathetic purchase of 11 lootboxes yesterday. :(

Yeah, cheating is more common than people seem to think, there is no reason why a team that is doing EXTREMELY bad starts having a player out of nowhere kicking everyones ass, this is with no character switch outs or players drops/replaces.

This was on PS4 - not sure if the same type of cheating would be present like aimbots and whatever. But it definitely felt like Pharah was hitting every rocket directly.

could be smurf accounts is my guess. i'll go with that. do you have the names?

Yeah - it was LatvianMilkman_ and LatvianMailman_

I feel that I'm going to have to keep spamming my Lucio soccer emote to validate my sad pathetic purchase of 11 lootboxes yesterday. :(

Yeah, I finally got that cool Symmetra emote tonight, but realized that I'll never have the chance to really show it off. Ain't got time to sit around doing emotes when there's turrets to be placed on Defense, and since I would never play Sym on Attack... yeah.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Gold frog still >>>>> everything else so I'm not too fussed. Already got my zarya skin. Only other one I want is american mccree.

duckroll

Yeah, I finally got that cool Symmetra emote tonight, but realized that I'll never have the chance to really show it off. Ain't got time to sit around doing emotes when there's turrets to be placed on Defense, and since I would never play Sym on Attack... yeah.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. It just mean you have to select Sym on Attack, spam the emote in the spawn room for 25 seconds, before switching out to the character you actually want to play at the last moment. Lol.

Is it a glitch or a feature that a match can end in OT even though you are clearly on the objective? My team was 5 feet from the CP and the round fucking ended. Lost the match because of that shit. It's frustrating.

I've had the worst comp matches tonight trying to help my friend finish her placement matches. Between the smurfing match, a match where my entire team on Hanamura defense dies after about 20 seconds into the match, and a match on Route 66 where the team absolutely fell apart with about 2 m left before the first checkpoint and therefore have the other team an easy win...I'm so done with competitive. Went down from 54 to 50 all in one night.

R0ckman

Is it a glitch or a feature that a match can end in OT even though you are clearly on the objective? My team was 5 feet from the CP and the round fucking ended. Lost the match because of that shit. It's frustrating.

Lost match when we were actually in the point and got no overtime.

xaosslug

God damn, I know it's quick play but I can't stand the shit when you pick a hero on defense, run all the way out to the spot then one of the people who hasn't picked, picks the same hero after I've run out to the point. So I can't even bandaid their dumb decision. And no I don't think double Ana was going to work.

your first mistake was thinking single Ana could work! ;P

Owzers

O_______O Anubis attack.

Teammate picks Torb.

Not sure if they ever even got a turret set up. I deserved this for my sarcasm.

Apathy

20 tick still pissing me off. hey you stopped shooting a genji that was deflecting like a good player? naw you didn't cause fuck these servers

wamberz1

Now I'm Winston, haha
OQ51vi2.png
Probably going to be patched soon considering how easy it is to replicate

Wow, people actually like Lucioball? It feels like hot garbage to me.

At least I got a Legendary in my loot box. 500 coins. It's enough to where I can buy Sunyatta, but I'll wait until the event is over.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's a fun distraction. Which is what Brawl should be.

Not 'you can only play 3 heroes' or whatever garbage they normally put out

Alex

Really dislike how they handled this event. Should have communicated this better and there should be some different functionality with the new boxes. As is it just feels a bit... scummy, saying this as someone who defended the original crates pretty heavily.

At least we know this nonsense going forward, though.

keuja

Got that UK tracer legendary skin in my free box. I don't even play her and don't want to wear that UK flag anyways...

Crzy1

Just got the sprinter outfit for Tracer. I may use it instead of the T.Racer skin, but I don't play her much in comp right now, so it may not see a lot of action.

Got that UK tracer legendary skin in my free box. I don't even play her and don't want to wear that UK flag anyways...
Heh, guess it's a popular drop tonight, I like the looks of it more than the track and field variant.

Syntax

Looking at Overbuff, saw this and laughed.

aid8PXE.jpg

Is smurfing even banable?

They've had a banwave recently though. Dunno if people want to poke the cheating beehive so soon.
I don't think smurfing is against the TOS. It's just having another Overwatch account. Doesn't mean it's not a dick move some times.

A few reasons I know of for smurfing:

- Break from e-sports fame.
- Play with noobie friends.
- Banned previous account (cheating).
- Cheat without risking main account.
- Play competitive w/o pressure. Not caring about winning.
- Troll lower tier players.

It could be benign behavior but I feel you're typically still screwing other people over.

R0ckman

How often do other players get forced server crashes? I get them at least once every sitting for comp and play about 3 games, stuck in low ran hell unfortunately too.

Apathy

The least they could do is make the competitive servers be 60. I'm sick of being I AM BEHIND A FUCKING WALL, and then getting hooked/killed.

Also had some amateur streamer get into a game and starts using the in game voice at the same time as he was addressing his stream. holy shit was that ever annoying. Nothing worse than people that think they are funny and having a one sided conversation and laughing to a dumb "joke" they made

ohkay

This was on PS4 - not sure if the same type of cheating would be present like aimbots and whatever. But it definitely felt like Pharah was hitting every rocket directly.
I've had games where I play like absolute garbage at the beginning only to find my game later and play amazingly

Finished the night with a quick play match where I was just fucking around with Genji because he's one of my least played characters and I just wanted to have a little fun and blow off some steam after the horrible comp matches - ended up having a crazy run and my best performance as Genji yet (20-4) and the character finally clicked for me. It helped there were two Bastions on the defending team and I was just terrorizing them the whole match - the last push for the victory was me ulting as a Bastion and Genji on the enemy team ulted and I killed both of them before either could get me.

Also I felt the power of a nano-boosted Dragonblade and holy crap you feel like an unstoppable force of nature when that happens.

I've had games where I play like absolute garbage at the beginning only to find my game later and play amazingly

This was completely different. It may not have been cheating, but there was absolutely no way they were regular, unplaced in competitive guys at level 26. Maybe they just somehow got a keyboard/mouse set-up on PS4 or something. The only time I've ever seen 50+ eliminations are on KOTH matches that go crazy in Overtime, and this guy got 50 elims in 10 minutes on a payload map. It was ridiculously unfair - pretty sure the only time the Pharmercy team died was when I used my Deadeye ult on them.

Finished the night with a quick play match where I was just fucking around with Genji because he's one of my least played characters and I just wanted to have a little fun and blow off some steam after the horrible comp matches - ended up having a crazy run and my best performance as Genji yet (20-4) and the character finally clicked for me. It helped there were two Bastions on the defending team and I was just terrorizing them the whole match - the last push for the victory was me ulting as a Bastion and Genji on the enemy team ulted and I killed both of them before either could get me.

Also I felt the power of a nano-boosted Dragonblade and holy crap you feel like an unstoppable force of nature when that happens.

Yeah, a while back, I picked Genji just to try something different. Probably my third or fourth attempt at playing him, and in screwing around I somehow earned one of his achievements (forget which one; the pixel spray one) and actually did pretty good. I probably should practice with him more and try to unlock his potential, but for every frustratingly good Genji I see on an enemy team, I've seen 10 absolutely garbage Genjis who never even come close to presenting a threat. And I really hate being that guy.

BigDug13

I'm bummed they nerfed my exp bonus method when soloing quickplay. I used to be able to click player names to activate the player pulldown menu on the hero select screen and could invite each grouped player to a team. Those who took the bait got 20% exp bonus with me.

That is no longer possible with no pulldown menu capability on the hero select screen on one of the recent patches. I now have to ask in chat if someone wants to group with me so I can get the player pulldown menu off their name in chat, but of course I get the inevitable zero replies and have no group bonus for my epicly slow slog towards getting some loot boxes.

Thanks blizzard. Did that really need nerfing?

Is there some other method to quickly invite your groupmates into a team for the exp bonus?

Defuser

Imagine if blizzard didn't nerf genji during the beta. His old swift strike does damage plus Dot bleed. He would get nerfed faster than Widowmaker and McCree.

LiK

I'm still figuring out a good control scheme for Genji. Can't get used to what I've tried. I wanna be good with him, dang it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom