• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aequitas

I, along with a party of 5 others, got dc'd right as we were going to win a competitive match :(

The simultaneous reactions were amazing though, worth the disconnect.

Herla

I get out of the hospital after 4 days and I can't even play this dumb Lucioball :( at least I got a legendary out of the free box.

slash3584

Pretty sure they're being ddos'd again because the game is dying.

Fun.

Yep just got booted on ps4.

One question though, it's it possible for Ana to fill her ultimate charge super quick? I was playing a game on King's Row and on the first push (merely 30 seconds in) I got boosted with her ultimate.

KyleCross

God DAMN. Playing this game when the servers are screwed is... something else. This must be what that Chinese mobile knockoff is like.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yep just got booted on ps4.

One question though, it's it possible for Ana to fill her ultimate charge super quick? I was playing a game on King's Row and on the first push (merely 30 seconds in) I got boosted with her ultimate.

It builds up very quickly if she's consistently healing. That much time sounds about right.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks, man. The game can easily run up to 90 FPS with those settings for me. :D

I'm using the MSI 4G Gaming Edition GTX 970 which is heavily overclocked, and I've added +100/+300 myself which the card does easily, maybe that's making the difference.

Copenap

They need to nerf that shit fast. Ana's ult and how fast she gets it is gamebreaking. You are fucked if you don't have a reinhard ult to counter. It is almost always a team wipe and she gets it every two minutes.

What hackers?
1. Then why is noone playing her?

2. There's another ddos attack.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any site to see your match history? I can't find it on MasterOverwatch. My winrate has shot up since I started to play Zen every game, with my friend playing Lucio every game, we coordinate our ults which basically means the other team doesn't have ults. Went from 50 - 57 so far, easily could have been 60 but lost our win streak twice at 4 - 0 (you get huge progress past this point, usually a whole rank). 60 was always my goal for season one so hopefully I can make it.

Anne

1. Then why is noone playing her?

Zen/Lucio exists. Ana is actually pretty good. I'd pick her in solo q and stuff where I know we don't need to be super optimal. Only downside to picking her is the ult is actually worse on average than the other support ults and you miss out on Zen/Lucio insanity.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
There are quite a number of counters to her ult. She counters it pretty well herself and nothing she boost's can outdamage 300 heals per second.

When you boost that ulting genji or rein though and get that tean kill...

You just get that pleasure watching someone else do the dirty work.

Much like cuckolding.

Anne

Random thoughts, but if Blizzard wanted the game to have heavy RPS counters I think it's safe to say they failed on that. Nobody is really hard countering anybody at this rate; it's just making your comp a harder MU for certain chars ala MOBAs. I could be taking the whole counter thing too literally but it's hard to think of any characters that just blow other heroes completely out by themselves.

Copenap

Zen/Lucio exists. Ana is actually pretty good. I'd pick her in solo q and stuff where I know we don't need to be super optimal. Only downside to picking her is the ult is actually worse on average than the other support ults and you miss out on Zen/Lucio insanity.
But if other supports are better it means she is not really good. You can only assess heroes relative to others.

Anne

But if other supports are better it means she is not really good. You can only assess heroes relative to others.

Ish. I'd rather say she's good in relation to the rest of the game while also just saying Zen/Lucio are busted. She's good but not good enough if you want to have the current known best set up of double supports. She might be good enough for tri support if that becomes a thing though.

The fighting game comparison using tiers would be to say that Ana could be like A tier while Zen/Lucio are SSS tier. Ana's good, but you're not gonna pick her over that if you want to win tournaments unfortunately.

JKTrix

Japanese actress I follow on twitter posted these a little while ago. Gotta be Sombra, right?
l36Ny62.jpg

Anime roles

Bought 50 boxes, and man did I get unlucky. :/
I got usually 1 summer item per box, only like 3 or 4 boxes had more than one, and it was mostly duplicates.

Haul:
GBR Tracer (+2 duplicates)
Track and Field Tracer
Selecao Lucio
Swiss Mercy
American McCree (+2 dupes)
Korean D.Va (+1 dupe)
Swedish Torb
French Widow
Couple of cool victory poses (Zenyatta, 76 and Winston in particular)
The single best voice line (Reaper's "It's in the Refrigerator"), and a few others
Bastion's boxing emote

And of course a bunch of player icons and like 4 olympic sprays. No highlight intros or Zarya/Genji skins though. :/

At least I also got Bloodhardt out of it, I guess.

I got a TON of currency though and went to buy Reaper's Plague Doctor skin and some other stuff I wanted to have.

Japanese actress I follow on twitter posted these a little while ago. Gotta be Sombra, right?
l36Ny62.jpg

Anime roles

Honestly it's more likely that she is voicing a character for the Japanese version of the game. Why would they hire a Japanese actress for a Mexican character?

Interfectum

Just an FYI, Act-Blizz earnings at 4:30 EST today. Most likely getting fresh sales data and perhaps future roadmap. (I'm hoping for a Diablo 4 hint)

Prelude.

This was on PS4 - not sure if the same type of cheating would be present like aimbots and whatever. But it definitely felt like Pharah was hitting every rocket directly.
Is it even possible to cheat with Pharah considering it's mostly predicting where the enemy will move?

Zomba13

Honestly it's more likely that she is voicing a character for the Japanese version of the game. Why would they hire a Japanese actress for a Mexican character?

That is why her tweets say dubbing. She is doing the Japanese voice of a character from a popular western game. Could be Overwatch as it's a very popular western game and if she is doing a voice then the voice would be for Sombra (as in, Sombra's Japanese voice).

JKTrix

I can see how it wasn't obvious that that's what I meant, seeing that the tweets are in English :p

It didn't cross my mind that the DDoS thing could be retaliation for the bannings. It really is messing things up.

Dragner

I reported yesterday a guy that was obviously auto aiming. He was playing soldier and every person he killed the cursor made a quick jump to the next char without any dragging or adjustment. Maybe the guy was god but playing ranked on the 40s I highly doubt it.

Majine

Banned
Pharrah is the most fun I've had in the game. There's nothing quite like flying and hovering while blasting down below.

Bought 50 boxes, and man did I get unlucky. :/
I got usually 1 summer item per box, only like 3 or 4 boxes had more than one, and it was mostly duplicates.

Haul:
GBR Tracer (+2 duplicates)
Track and Field Tracer
Selecao Lucio
Swiss Mercy
American McCree (+2 dupes)
Korean D.Va (+1 dupe)
Swedish Torb
French Widow
Couple of cool victory poses (Zenyatta, 76 and Winston in particular)
The single best voice line (Reaper's "It's in the Refrigerator"), and a few others
Bastion's boxing emote

And of course a bunch of player icons and like 4 olympic sprays. No highlight intros or Zarya/Genji skins though. :/

At least I also got Bloodhardt out of it, I guess.

I got a TON of currency though and went to buy Reaper's Plague Doctor skin and some other stuff I wanted to have.

That's a great haul...

That's a great haul...

I suppose it is if it's items you want. Except for 3 of the recolour skins (McCree, Mercy and D.Va) and those victory poses/voice lines I wanted, I don't really care for any of the items I got. :p
My most wanted item is the Zarya weightlifter legendary, either one of them (tho the Russian flag-themed one would be preferable). And that one eluded me. So did Nihon Genji which was my second most wanted item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom