• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
Alternatively, teammates never shoot an enemy stuck in the trap

Of course, it's all about what side people are on.

8cb68644f771b9308576d5d4b825b42a84b6d9be4520ed608e7b764c17a43596_1.jpg

I just popped into QP for 2 short matches before a trip I have to take, hoping to get some relaxing games. Ha! Nope. Enemy team has their shit on lock down while my team is figuring which end of the controller to hold.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
right but thats what i mean they ultimately do. they never go middle ground, it's always insanely one way or insanely the other.

i guess tracer is the mage of overwatch

It's kinda funny though, on paper it doesn't sound like that massive of a buff, but 50 shields and an increase in orbs speed turned a hero nobody uses to a hero that needs to be in every team.

Which i think just shows that zen is a super tricky one to balance. Hard to find a middle ground with him while keeping his unique aspects.

Though really, I don't view it as too bad. Lucio will be lucio but right now it's only one hero pushing a lot of heroes out of the meta. You might think it's crazy that one hero can do that but I feel like if they just tweak zenyetta the meta would become a lot more diverse than even before the ana patch.

Maybe also give soldier his low recoil back.

I think either changing his total health to 175 or making his health 100 normal/100 shield would be a good start to tweaking him. Lower discord speed a tad (maybe 60 instead of 120?) and lower his base damage a smidge while raising his alt fire damage.

I think lowering the discord buff itself is the thing Blizzard should not do - when Zenyatta was easy to kill nobody cared about that 50%. Just lower his survival ability a bit and maybe the meta will change. Of course knowing Blizzard they'll probably drop his health back to 150 and lower discord to 30% and then nobody will use him again.

That chart at the end just reaffirms my belief that Bastion needs almost a total rework at this point. The character will never function competitively at this point without disgustingly huge buffs, but then casuals will hate him. Something's gotta change.

The problem with Bastion for me is he's just so unfun to play. Every other character has a strategy and makes the game fun when you're playing as them. Bastion is just sit in one place, shoot people, move to a new place so you don't die, sit in that new place. It's boring. Unless they completely change his kit the only time I'll ever use him is as a last-ditch counter on defense. He's not even fun to just goof around with.

Strampas

Neo Member
I've been playing alot of Overwatch lately. Been so frustrated, because it hasn't been going that well. I die instantly, and my ultimates do nothing it feels like. Nevemind, I just suck. But what's really frustrating is that you lose competetive points, while playing with less players than the opposing team. It's happened so many times lately that someone leaves, and one time four players left. It sucks so much. You lose half a bar of competetive points, and when winning it doesn't feel you gain that much. Of course that depends, I don't know how the system works.

Also, when browsing the menu, or selecting a class, half of the times, the game is scrolling through the menu or the heroes by itself. Why isn't that fixed? (Playing on PS4).

Also, nerf Genji.

R0ckman

I'll admit I thought Zen was nutso in PTR but I thought he'd be kept in check by higher level teams assassinating him. I was hella wrong :v

How hard is he to kill with Tracer now? He use to be such an easy kill with her, especially if you sneak up him. Felt kind of bad cause it would literally take like 1.5 seconds to down him when you headshot him as her.

Prelude.

I've been playing alot of Overwatch lately. Been so frustrated, because it haven't gone so well. I die instantly, and my ultimates do nothing it feels like. Nevemind. But what's really frustrating is that you lose competetive points, while playing with less players than the opposing team. It's happened so many times lately that someone leaves, and one time four players left. It sucks so much. You lose half a bar of competetive points, and when winning it doesn't feel you gain that much.
The huge exp loss with a leaver is straight up bullshit. Yesterday I won 2 rounds with 5 people in KotH but I still got half a level down when we lost. It just makes no sense, even the underdog exp loss/gain is inexplicable most of the times.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
How hard is he to kill with Tracer now? He use to be such an easy kill with her, especially if you sneak up him. Felt kind of bad cause it would literally take like 1.5 seconds to down him when you headshot him as her.

Still hits him pretty hard. If anything the rise of genji and tracer is due to the rise of needing people that can take out zen.

brian!

Tracer does really well against him

LiK

Even as Zen, I still get destroyed by a good Tracer. but I suck as Zen so I'm just not good enough to fight her off.

mxgt

Banned
yea, Bastion sucks. Not fun to play and he dies too quickly.

I really can't understand why anyone enjoys playing Bastion

Shit tier in non-sentry mode, countered by everything and boring as fuck sitting in a corner as a turret.

LiK

Shit tier in non-sentry mode, countered by everything and boring as fuck sitting in a corner as a turret.

there needs to be a balance where when he's in robot mode, he has more armor or something. his regular gun is weak as hell. his Ult is also weak since it can only really one shot squishy heroes while McCree can insta-kill anyone once locked in. Bastion is only useful in turret mode and that's sad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

surprise bastion. and shredding reinhardt shields

he needs some love though and in more than just a buff too

It sucks that Bastion, Torbjorn, Mei and Hanzo have such a bad stigma around them from launch week. It just makes it seem like they'll never get touched because it'll make some people irrationally angry and they need it some of the most.

Bastion is fun to break out when the team has no counter just to rip them apart. Make them counter pick and switch off of him.

maouvin

how much damage bastion does in recon mode? never ever played it like that.

Not that bad, the problem is the spread as already mentioned (and how he dies quickly if he's close enough to hit most of his shots given the spread).

Bastion deals 20 dmg at optimal range, fires 8rps and has a 20 ammo clip.
Soldier is 17, 10rps, 25 clip.
Tracer 6, 40rps, 40 clip.
Widow 13, 10rps, 30 clip.

Bastion is fun to break out when the team has no counter just to rip them apart. Make them counter pick and switch off of him.

This. Never used him a whole match, but switching just for breaking a dual zarya or triple tank formation and forcing them to swap? Yeah, I'll do it if I'm not the tank/healer.

Moonkeis

My Mercy use has gone down quite a bit lately with my default pick as Lucio most of the time. Depending on the map/tank, I'll most likely start with Mercy, but switch to Lucio towards the end, if the map is more closed off, making her easier to be picked off.

KyleCross

Just had one of the most frustrating matches in a long time.

Randoms in QP. I spend the entire match contesting the payload as DVA. Not once did any of the other 5 idiots making up my team get near it, it was like they were afraid of it. They were ACTIVELY avoiding it!

A point comes where, despite my low support, I managed to keep the payload still for a whopping 3 minutes. However I finally meet my death RIGHT as Overtime starts.

By the time I get back the enemy team pushed it not one, but TWO checkpoints! The entire enemy team just rode on it while my "team" continued to cower from it. I couldn't believe it. Managed to get back from another death and jump in front of the payload as the last overtime starts, stopping it 0.70ish meters from it's destination, I self destruct, blasting the team off it, securing the victory.

My "team" didn't deserve to win, I wanted to just sit in a corner and emote, but my sportsmanship always wins out over my frustration.

LiK

Just had one of the most frustrating matches in a long time.

Randoms in QP. I spend the entire match contesting the payload as DVA. Not once did any of the other 5 idiots making up my team get near it, it was like they were afraid of it. They were ACTIVELY avoiding it!

A point comes where, despite my low support, I managed to keep the payload still for a whopping 3 minutes. However I finally meet my death RIGHT as Overtime starts.

By the time I get back the enemy team pushed it not one, but TWO checkpoints! The entire enemy team just rode on it while my "team" continued to cower from it. I couldn't believe it. Managed to get to overtime again right as the payload was 0.70ish meters from it's destination, and I arrive just in the nick of time to self destruct, blasting the team off it, securing the victory.

My "team" didn't deserve to win, I wanted to just sit in a corner and emote, but my sportsman ship always wins out over my frustration.

had similar experiences in KOTH matches. I see my team constantly leave the point long enough to let it get recaptured multiple times even tho they were all there while I died and respawned. The worst is when I see someone running away during OT cuz they were afraid of dying and we end up losing the whole thing! Death means shit if we're gonna lose the whole match. Why waste time playing if you're gonna be a pussy and just run away from dying.

had similar experiences in KOTH matches. I see my team constantly leave the point long enough to let it get recaptured multiple times even tho they were all there while I died and respawned. The worst is when I see someone running away during OT cuz they were afraid of dying and we end up losing the whole thing! Death means shit if we're gonna lose the whole match. Why waste time playing if you're gonna be a pussy and just run away from dying.

It's all about that K/D ratio, bro. Gotta get those great stats!

KyleCross

What was so strange tho is they weren't simply not playing the payload, they were actively avoiding it. They kept a large distance at all times and if they saw it start moving they would literally run away like it was a monster...

All 5 of them acted like this...

duckroll

Getting home just in time to team with a full 6 player stack of friends all on voice chat, playing 2 hours of Quick Play and winning almost every game. Overwatch is the best game ever fucking made. SO GOOD.

Rad-

Maaan playing heroes like Tracer feels bad when you are from EU and you play in US servers. Shoot enemies right in the face and get no hits. I almost have to aim with her like I do with projectile heroes and lead a bit.

Just had a game where the two Genji's on the enemy kept getting their ultimates every minute. Switched to a Winston but I could never keep up with them and their hanzo and roadhog would just murder me.

Genji's really needs a hard counter.

Azoor

Just had a game where the two Genji's on the enemy kept getting their ultimates every minute. Switched to a Winston but I could never keep up with them and their hanzo and roadhog would just murder me.

Genji's really needs a hard counter.

You need a Winston and a McCree working together.

Getting home just in time to team with a full 6 player stack of friends all on voice chat, playing 2 hours of Quick Play and winning almost every game. Overwatch is the best game ever fucking made. SO GOOD.

2 hours later. Team has unraveled. Dinner's burning on the stove. Tjorb and Symm on attack -- all game, every game. Questioning your life choices, your religion, your education, your sexuality, your choice of shorts. Overwatch is the worst fucking game made. SUCH BULLSHIT.

Blues1990

I've lost 15 games straight in a row. Usually, I wouldn't be upset, but I feel like I'm getting progressively worse the more I play. I think I might take a break, as I'm starting to get worked up over the consistent losses.

duckroll

2 hours later. Team has unraveled. Dinner's burning on the stove. Tjorb and Symm on attack -- all game, every game. Questioning your life choices, your religion, your education, your sexuality, your choice of shorts. Overwatch is the worst fucking game made. SUCH BULLSHIT.

That's why you stop before that happens. :p

Uncle AJ

I've just been steadily climbing ranks in solo queue since the Zen buffs. Playing support is so much better when everyone on your team has a strong sense of positioning and knows when to push an advantage and when not to overextend, and I never need to use my headset.

Just going to ride into the 70s while I can, Zen nerfs are probably happening in another 2-3 weeks from now. Maybe they'll finally find a middle ground with him, but ever since closed beta he's either been too good/essential or worthless.

Also, man, coinflips are such a bummer for me, even when we win. Played a Hollywood game last night where the other team plowed through our defense with almost no resistance, but we barely managed to finish the map on Offense too. They must have finished at least 4 minutes faster than us, but we successfully defending during Sudden Death. I can't even feel good about wins like those. Time bank system can't come soon enough.

Anne

Some Blizz devs were asked on a rando stream about defense heroes and they didn't seem too concerned about them. They said if they buff like Mei/Torb/Bastion they're just going to frustrate lower level players.

Superflat

Open first Summer Games box: "Oh, a summer-exclusive Symmetra spray. Alright, cool I guess."

Level up and open second Summer Games box: "Oh. It's the same summer-exclusive Symmetra spray..."

Apparently over a hundred new items and it can't even randomize that to my favor QQ

Open first Summer Games box: "Oh, a summer-exclusive Symmetra spray. Alright, cool I guess."

Level up and open second Summer Games box: "Oh. It's the same summer-exclusive Symmetra spray..."

Apparently over a hundred new items and it can't even randomize that to my favor QQ

I was level *17 when this event started, now I'm *26 and still only have gotten the Tracer one so far and a bunch of lame ass sprays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom