• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

THe entire 50s level is the worst in general it's like a black hole with little escape

seeing post nerf torbs on defense in comp...stop

Nudull

Banned
they need to rework how she gets POTGs. i think kills by someone else using her Nanoboost should be one of the main contributors. but all the credit goes to the other guy only.

I've been asking for this for ages. Feels like Ana POTGs are unicorns.

ramyeon

Wouldn't even touch this if I was 45 or lower

Your not getting out
Pretty much. 40s solo queue is shit. You'll win a round only to lose the next 3. Been going back and forth between 45-49 all season. Full of incompetent teams who won't even try to communicate to make up for what they're lacking, they'd all just rather go off and try to add kills to their tally.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
lmao, the guy behind the official Overwatch twitter account is awesome.

2016-08-0502_46_47-ovrwucg.png

exYle

The actually insane part was us going all Roadhog and the enemy team happening to choose all Bastion. As soon as we turned the corner we all knew we had made a huge mistake.

I am sorry to say that I am not a good Genji. That match was a statistical anomaly.

Wait, what's your PSN? I'm Buttchin

Gorillaz

Pretty much. 40s solo queue is shit. You'll win a round only to lose the next 3. Been going back and forth between 45-49 all season. Full of incompetent teams who won't even try to communicate to make up for what they're lacking, they'd all just rather go off and try to add kills to their tally.
I sit and bounce between 47-49. It's infuriating.

I blame alot of shit shit on matchmaking as well. They never got that part down yet completely so Im not surprise that it's carrying to the comp stuff.

I just want that tracer skin from the main menu at this point. I feel dead inside.

Like what the hell is 20s and 30s? imagine THAT

Anne

yeah, it should be case by case tho
mcree retaining 50% constantly is particularly egregiouszsz

The way Deadeye works it makes sense to give him back that 50. That ult will usually be a whole lot of nothing without a really dumb wombo.

Prelude.

I blame alot of shit shit on matchmaking as well. They never got that part down yet completely so Im not surprise that it's carrying to the comp stuff
How can they even judge if someone's competent overall? Let's say they're decent at playing Hanzo but they're moderately toxic (i.e. they don't get reported every single game), don't understand shit about team comps, and never switch, they should be lower but I doubt the MMR is making that kind of calculations. And I mean, competitive is even worse because you're getting grouped up with people of roughly the same winrate score, quick play is where you're actually getting similarly skilled members.

I wish there was some kind of rating system for teammates so that the shit players can get singled out. Reporting isn't enough, and I'm obviously not reporting people for being bad at the game.

ramyeon

I blame alot of shit shit on matchmaking as well. They never got that part down yet completely so Im not surprise that it's carrying to the comp stuff.

I just want that tracer skin from the main menu at this point. I feel dead inside.

Like what the hell is 20s and 30s? imagine THAT
I remember reading a post where someone said they had a rank 20-something Mei in their team that kept trolling their own team with ice walls so I imagine...
Literally the final ring of Dante's vision of hell.
...it's a bit like this.

Lmao speaking of matchmaking issues in comp, I just got put into a match with people who had no ranks.

Just me (48), a 49 and 10 unrankeds.

Edit: And someone on my team quit and cancelled the match twenty seconds in. Lol. That makes three times in the last hour.

ramyeon

Lmao speaking of matchmaking issues in comp, I just got put into a match with people who had no ranks.

Edit: And someone on my team quit and cancelled the match twenty seconds in. Lol.
I get this a lot. It'll be a bunch of mid 40s with 3 unranked in our team. Other team will be like 1 unranked with a few people in their mid to high 50s even sometimes.

Fucking stupid.

I know I shouldn't have but I just bought 5 more loot crates. AND I JUST GOT 5 MORE NEW PLAYER ICONS.

Are you shitting me with this rng bullshit

According to one of the Overwatch stats sites, there's two people who have a skill rating of 1. Imagine knowing that you are one of the two single worst players of the world in Overwatch.

I know I shouldn't have but I just bought 5 more loot crates. AND I JUST GOT 5 MORE NEW PLAYER ICONS.

Are you shitting me with this rng bullshit

Clearly you're not buying enough crates.

According to one of the Overwatch stats sites, there's two people who have a skill rating of 1. Imagine knowing that you are one of the two single worst players of the world in Overwatch.
I'm guessing they put in a ton of work to get that low.

Prelude.

Edit: And someone on my team quit and cancelled the match twenty seconds in. Lol. That makes three times in the last hour.
That never happened to me, but someone needs to play those placement matches with them, I guess. They probably don't want to make them wait forever.

Are they Hanzo and Genji mains?

Kito

If it's Dorado or Route 66 in ranked and we attack first, I usually select Torb (who I have no intention of playing) to scare someone away, and have them cancel the match. Fuck those maps.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, just going by stats is not a good way to tell how people contributed to the match.

Oh, your reinhardt blocked 18K damage? That's because you kept standing at the choke letting people build ult while not putting us into an advantageous position at all!

Unless it's objective time, particularly on attack/KotH, then you probably are one of the single most important contributors to the team!

Not even sometimes, because you usually want to be on the sides instead of the meat grinder that is the objective area that usually has no cover.

I'm starting to like Bastion. Deciding where to set up and when to move is tactically rewarding, and when setting up is inconvenient, you can still put up a pretty good fight in recon mode, which takes a lot of people by surprise, in Quick Play at least.

Also reading this thread makes me happy that I have not touched competitive mode and don't plan to.

DrArchon

Last match I got mad lag for seemingly no reason. The whole game just slowed down in the character select screen and it was a total slideshow in the match. Anyone else getting any of this?

brian!

The way Deadeye works it makes sense to give him back that 50. That ult will usually be a whole lot of nothing without a really dumb wombo.

yeah it's just disheartening to know he's gonna get it back in like less than a minute lol, I feel like he builds it quick as is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom