• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gattsu25

Banned
I just played against an enemy team that was 4 bastions. We rolled through them.

Do people on PC not realize that Bastion is a joke character?

Blues1990

I just played against an enemy team that was 4 bastions. We rolled through them.

Do people on PC not realize that Bastion is a joke character?

It's hard to say. Some people who have picked up Overwatch would go in blind, and wouldn't know the basic meta.

Speaking of which, Bastion and most of the Defense-oriented characters need to be retooled.

just got the blue Tracer Summer games outfit, and still haven't spent a dime on lootboxes.

Sk9Pkex.gif
hate u

Syntax

Yeah, not a fan of the current mirror matches revolving around getting a pick off and rushing down the rest of the team after that.

Lucio is too great a boon for offense oriented game play.

ramyeon

It's hard to say. Some people who have picked up Overwatch would go in blind, and wouldn't know the basic meta.

Speaking of which, Bastion and most of the Defense-oriented characters need to be retooled.
Bastion is the one character I would be okay with not even being in the game. Completely boring both gameplay and lore-wise.

Join a QP match in progress, and my teammates are all Genjis. Normally I'd be my usual stick-in-the-mud self and quit, but I decided "Ah, fuck it, it's just Quick Play, and I've been meaning to practice him anyway, why not?"

And you know what? We actually did pretty well, pushing the payload to the first checkpoint. The enemy team finally got the hint, and three of them switched to Winston. So our team all starts switching to Reapers, and with that comp we push the payload almost all the way to the end. As the enemies start picking Pharahs, our team started picking a normal comp, and we win just as I switch to Lucio.

Funny thing is, the exact same thing happened a week ago, same map and everything, only I was on the other side, and the enemies were the one who pulled out a win after starting as all Genjis. So maybe Genji and Reaper do need nerfs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Join a QP match in progress, and my teammates are all Genjis. Normally I'd be my usual stick-in-the-mud self and quit, but I decided "Ah, fuck it, it's just Quick Play, and I've been meaning to practice him anyway, why not?"

And you know what? We actually did pretty well, pushing the payload to the first checkpoint. The enemy team finally got the hint, and three of them switched to Winston. So our team all starts switching to Reapers, and with that comp we push the payload almost all the way to the end. As the enemies start picking Pharahs, our team started picking a normal comp, and we win just as I switch to Lucio.

Funny thing is, the exact same thing happened a week ago, same map and everything, only I was on the other side, and the enemies were the one who pulled out a win after starting as all Genjis. So maybe Genji and Reaper do need nerfs.

You should have picked Lucio from the start so when he saw all Genji you got to hear, 'Look at this team, we're gonna do great'

jokes aside, lucio/genji stacking on qp can be a fucking nightmare from which none escape

xaosslug

main goal rn is getting Junkrat's Summer games highlight intro, even moreso than Zarya's skin.

You should have picked Lucio from the start so when he saw all Genji you got to hear, 'Look at this team, we're gonna do great'

jokes aside, lucio/genji stacking on qp can be a fucking nightmare from which none escape

Lu&Gen taking turns contesting the payload for-what-seems-like-ever, and when you try to ult 'em Lucio drops the beat. smdh

Crzy1

It's either I'm getting really lucky or the summer games boxes have a much higher chance for legendary skins. Out of the past 4 boxes I got the sprinter, track and field and raindancer skins. Also got the Lucio highlight reel in the last box, don't think I've ever managed to get potg with him, though.

With the 24 boxes I bought, I've gotten 7 legendary skins that weren't duplicates since the event started.

So Ana is mostly used in Offense and barely ever used in defense correct?

Also finally got that olympic tracer skin, so I guess it's time to play with her a bit, still want to get that Lucio football skin though

ramyeon

It's either in getting really lucky or the summer games boxes have a much higher chance for legendary skins. Out of the past 4 boxes I got the sprinter, track and field and raindancer skins. Also got the Lucio highlight reel in the last box, don't think I've ever managed to get potg with him, though.

With the 24 boxes I bought, I've gotten 7 legendary skins that weren't duplicates since the event started.
They are tuned differently to regular loot boxes so they drop more rare stuff, confirmed by devs yesterday on stream.

Apathy

i dont understand what must go through people's minds when they pick mei on O. Specially when they see they are being useless. I shouldnt be top of everything I can be as a tank on O

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got back to back legendaries from leveling up.

Duplicate old McCree legendary and the new Lucio skin in the color I already had.

I have sooooo many coins now...I just want the AmeriCree and Blue Tracer skin.

Strider

2 boxes so far since the event went live... both white, white blue white :(

Anyway decided to finally try ranked recently and finished my placements today... Got rank 56 which was about what I expected going in. Ranked is fun but I definitely prefer it in smaller doses and will still spend most of my time in QP I think. I do like the 1 hero limit though...

I'm so fucking tired of competitive. Why is it I always get grouped with teams who can't tell their heads from their asses, while the teams I'm up against are well-oiled machines who completely steamroll?

It's so irritating. I've been as high as 59 and I've dropped all the way to 50. Pisses me off.

I need some more GAF friends, seriously.

Just played a game where it was all Tracers meeting with a zenyatta to let him kill them....play of the game was zen killing all 4 tracers while they waved. Ugh

Just played a game where it was all Tracers meeting with a zenyatta to let him kill them....play of the game was zen killing all 4 tracers while they waved. Ugh

Yeah, I joined a game in progress a while back on Hanamura, game's in OT and we haven't even captured the first point. "Oh, great," I mutter, picking Soldier: 76 and rushing to the point to assess the damage.

And as I start shooting enemies, I notice after a few shots that everybody looks like they're just standing around. I shrug and keep shooting the enemies on the checkpoint until they die, and we cap the point.

The chat immediately erupts. "Hey, what's wrong with that Soldier? We were playing a pacifist game. Stop screwing it up!"

After a second to compute this, I immediately quit the match. Like I'm sure the guy who was in there before me probably did. As I always say: if you're going to do silly joke comps and goofiness like that, do it with a damn group. Don't pull random solo players into this stuff when we might actually want to play the game.

Thinking about it, though, I wonder: in a game where both teams agree to not shoot each other, and the attacking and defending team are both standing on the point and not doing anything, in theory would that match run forever? Since both attacking and defending are contesting the point, the timer would never go down, I suppose. Sure wasn't going to stick around to find out, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom