• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, depends on map, but typically I've never won matches when a majority of the team was not tightly locked on the zone with a slight orbit.

When the enemy team can only normally come from one direction after a respawn, its not a great advantage fighting outside of it. I also lost more when the enemy team stayed near the objective. Obviously I don't mean everyone having a party in it. But focusing on it, because playing peekaboo chicken outside the point will not put pressure on people inside. Unless you have one or two players inside putting on heavy pressure like a Reaper.

I actually disagree to an extent here. Having the team pull together on the point has always worked better for me than overextending off it. Especially because so many characters have traversal abilities that can get them onto the point easily if you're not there protecting it.

I'm not saying split off and go spawn camp, but just group up at the sides of the point.

Take ilios for example. You have an open space with a giant death hole in the ground, a pit that is completely open that gives your enemy multiple entry points from the high ground, and a room that also gives you enemy multiple entry points from a high ground, though that one is better because you can find some cover within to force your enemies to approach the chokepoints and close to cliffs so their movement is limited.

Veelk

Banned
Yeah, I mean it really depends how she works. I think they know what they're doing - Genji used to be stealth but they changed him up because they realised it just wasn't fun being killed instantly by him without being to fight back. I trust they won't mess it up.

I trust they're going to turn up the paranoia of the game. I barely listen to footsteps right now because I don't think it's important 99% of the time. Sombra will probably have me checking my sides every time I hear a creak.

So I decided to go post hunting through The Antitype's history to see if I can find anything.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=189148733&postcount=10444

I wasn't 100% if this was him, so I dug a bit more.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188225798&postcount=8467

Yup, The Antitype is JaegarDice. Now, if anyone on Xbox One runs into him, make sure to Mei his life up.

So lets take a looksy at his stats then.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/xbl/JaegerDice?

Heh....honestly, their not even that bad. He's winning most of his game so whats he complaining abou...

*checks competitive*

Oooooh.....

Dat 6th percentile, guys.
Being at 40 puts you in the 6th percentile?

Geez. I'm stuck at 48 and that only puts me at 36th percentile.

xaosslug

I like Ana.
Ana is a ton of fun.

4wqSHHB.jpg

duckroll

I mean let's be clear here, actually staying on the KotH objective point as the main place to stage your team fights is the thing you do not want to do, because they put you in the exact position that you do not want to be in. Most of them are big wide open spaces with multiple entry points, and some of them even put you in the low ground while the enemy team is entering through the high ground.

If the fight moves there then yeah fight there, but the sides of the points are usually where you want to stage your team fights.

I think this depends very much on the position your team is in at the moment for KotH. If you have control of the point and are holding it, yes you DO want to stage your team fight on the point. Because by having your entire team (or most it if there are 1-2 good flankers) on the point covering the entrances, you are effectively blocking the enemy out and making them die to get onto the point, hence when they DO finally get on point they'll be outnumbered and wiped anyway.

If you are trying to claim or reclaim the point, then yes, you do NOT want to stage the fight on the point itself. When the point is being unlocked, you also probably don't want to be ON point because that puts you at a positional disadvantage with zero advantage given how you're not able to capture or even hold the point yet.

I feel there's one huge exception to this rule though, and that's Ilios Ruins. On that map, fuck it, fighting in the point itself is a death wish. You can't even SEE the enemy coming half the time while they can get so many hits in before you even see them approach if you're all stuck in the point. Fuck that.

Veelk

Banned
I need to play Ana more, I haven't since she got released, and she just got a buff. I just really want to be good at Widow more.

But a good Ana is a goddamn nightmare to kill. I seriously think she trained to get revenge on Widow, because for some reason, I feel it's a lot harder to kill her than the other way around. Mostly because of the healing. Widow has to get a headshot to ensure victory, but Ana will just 3 shot her ass to the wall. And it's especially bad because it lets you process the hit, just for a second. You know you got hit, that your gonna die, and you can't do anything about it.

Then there is that damn sleep dart. Then she turns any given hero into a monster for a second.

In the right hands, Ana's a goddamn menace.

ramyeon

Ana's great, except that I haven't seen hardly anyone play her well on PS4.
I think I play a pretty decent Ana. Although I haven't had much chances to practice with her. Best to play her mid range. Lots of jumping around and shooting from the hip, I almost never scope with her if I can avoid it. Focus on healing and if there's a big fight with a bunch of people bunched up together I shamelessly bullet spam. If I'm not hitting allies then I'm hitting enemies so it's win win.

Biggest issue I have is people not knowing what to do when I use my ult on them. So many Reinhardts will keep their shield up or even run AWAY when I do it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
so I feel like every quickplay I do, DVa's go on godlike streaks now

Now I'm going to assume I'm not playing with a line of godly DVa players

duckroll

This past weekend a friend of mine who plays a great Zenyatta was trying Ana out on Ilios. Turned out so much better than we expected. On the Ruins map we were going to lose the point with everyone dead, I was Lucio, the only one left alive, one enemy Reinhardt left with I think a Roadhog coming in to support him.... Ana nanoboosted me as I was trying to just stay out of sight to contest and stay alive. I had NO IDEA what to do, and they said "you're the only one left", so I charged right at Reinhardt, got to his side and killed him off, Ana was shooting the Roadhog approaching, I charged at him and bumped him way back off the point, we won. Lol.

Love random moments like this where the unexpected happens and works out!

Case in point with the stupid Ana's.

This one charges me with her ult. While I'm playing Lucio. And when there's a perfectly good Roadhog, D.Va or Soldier available.

Veelk

Banned
I don't think DVa is that great for nanoboosting. Her movement penalty nullifies the speed advantage you get.

Yeah, I got boosted a few times as D.Va. It's good if I'm on the payload and have to clear it out, because rapid fire shotguns with no reload and boosted damage tear shit up in that scenerio. But pretty much only that scenerio.

duckroll

Nanoboost seems to work best with:

1) A good Genji with Ult ready
3) Roadhog with Ult
2) Reinhardt
4) Roadhog

Those are the best combos I've seen used with enough frequency that I feel they simply work regardless of situation. The ult can work out with other characters but it is far more situational. It's also very funny to see a nanoboosted Genji who just isn't very good and has no Ult. Lol.

That's fair. I just don't want a boost as Lucio.

I don't either, but man, that actually worked! Everyone on the team was surprised.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
sorry guys, but Ana is the new Hanzo and then some. At least Hanzo had luck shots.

I have never seen a hero in shit solo queue so constantly contribute so little.

exYle

Nanoboost seems to work best with:

1) A good Genji with Ult ready
3) Roadhog with Ult
2) Reinhardt
4) Roadhog

Those are the best combos I've seen used with enough frequency that I feel they simply work regardless of situation. The ult can work out with other characters but it is far more situational. It's also very funny to see a nanoboosted Genji who just isn't very good and has no Ult. Lol.

I don't either, but man, that actually worked! Everyone on the team was surprised.

What about nanoboosted ulting Soldier 76? That is terrifying to be on the other end of

It may have been a mistake. I remember instances when I first played her and I was like "Yeah, nanoboost, Go Reinhardt!" and then a tracer passes in my field of vision and I give it to her accidentally.
Lol that's possible.

This Ana also boosted me while we were back near spawn running to the payload soooo

¯|_(ツ)_|¯

duckroll

What about nanoboosted ulting Soldier 76? That is terrifying to be on the other end of

Like I said, it's more situational. I guess the reason I mentioned those 3 characters is because what sticks out in my head is that if they get nanoboosted near the enemy team, they can literally just stay out in the open and destroy everyone without being killed. Genji because of his ult + mobility, the other two because that's how their characters work with the boost. For Soldier, if he gets boosted during a good flank, absolutely. But if a boosted Soldier just runs out in the open and tries to shoot everyone in the face, there are more ways to deal with him.

Lol that's possible.

This Ana also boosted me while we were back near spawn running to the payload soooo

¯|_(ツ)_|¯

I've had a random Ana once who would nanoboost people who were on the point on KotH or Defense while waiting for the enemy team to come to us. It was so dumb. Like we would just be chilling there waiting... preparing for the attack... and then... YOU'RE POWERED UP! Looooooool.

Laputa_94

Today was by far the best day I had competitive wise went from a 64 to 71 in a single (very long) session. Good games to every gaffer I played with along the way..

Jarate

Banned
yeah it was a lot of fun playing with everyone.sorry if I was a little annoying but my adhd meds wore off like 2 hours ago so im a little bit hyper :p

Jarate

Banned
I wish I could play competitive with GAFers T_T

only those in the illumati are allowed to parttake

make sure you hand in your form, a 4 page paper explaining what you add to the team, and an animal sacrifice. Then, we may send you an invite through carrier pigeon

PSN is MC_Giygas, I generally play with my terrible IRL friends most of the time who hate playing comp

LiK

make sure you hand in your form, a 4 page paper explaining what you add to the team, and an animal sacrifice. Then, we may send you an invite through carrier pigeon

PSN is MC_Giygas, I generally play with my terrible IRL friends most of the time who hate playing comp

Oh, you're MC. I'll add you,

ramyeon

Haha.

Unfortunately time zones mean I'm usually starting to play when everyone is wrapping up for the day :( I'll add you though, in the off chance we are online at the same time!

Copenap

To bring some positivity in this thread. I really enjoy comp, even on solo que. Sure there is usually at least 1 heroe I am unsatisfied by (Torb, Widowmaker, Ana...) but overall the team composition most of the time is reasonable and there is sometimes ecen coordination and grouping up. Considering this is on ps4 where literally no one uses the mic I am quite happy. Also I don't seem to be affected by quitters as much.

Squire

Banned
Nah, leavers deserve it. Hold that l collectively or don't play at all.

For qp just leave during character select.

Is there any indication you're joining a match in progress though? I joined a game today and was looking at a big red DEFEAT in literally three seconds. I barely left spawn. They literally threw me in at the very end. It's pretty shitty to have to take that on the nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom