• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventus182

Neo Member
Consider yourself to be added. The characters that I'm best with are Mei, Zarya, Zenyatta, D.Va, & Lucio. I'm trying to branch out, but so far, Roadhog has been the only one who has clicked with me.

Thanks to add me!

We're similar, then. I'm best with Tracer, D.Va, Mei, Lucio and Junkrat. Trying to get better with Zarya, Winston and Pharah.

Will try to log in the game today.

Blues1990

Thanks to add me!

We're similar, then. I'm best with Tracer, D.Va, Mei, Lucio and Junkrat. Trying to get better with Zarya, Winston and Pharah.

Will try to log in the game today.

Cool. I'm heading out for gym time, but I'll be back at around 10:00 AM, give or take.

There must be some sort of percentage increase in your win/loss statistic per character based on whether you switch characters in a match. I was looking at my Overbuff stats and while I went 6-5 in my last QP rounds, the win-losses I got per character equals 4-7.

Similarly in competitive I went 0-3 last night, but somehow I got credit for a win with Tracer? Perhaps because I won 2 KOTH rounds with her even though we eventually lost 3-2?

It's really weird.

Prelude.

So, what am I exactly rating after a match ends? My teammates? The enemy team? How much I enjoyed it? I kinda forgot this thing existed after the beta, and the game doesn't even explain it.

LiK

I'm at work now but I'll add you when I get home. Honestly even with lag, playing with people who I know won't leave is infinitely better than perfect ping solo queueing with people who leave within 2 minutes.

I can never play comp with you then because I play Junkrat most of the time in comp, too. My Junkrat strats are better!!

Not really. I can also play a mean Symmetra and D.Va and my Tracer is improving. Don't make me be healer though. Turns out bad for everyone usually.

I can still go Pharah and D.Va when needed but Junkrat is my go to. I also go Soldier if enemy Pharah is annoying the shit outta me.

WhyMe6

I'm at work now but I'll add you when I get home. Honestly even with lag, playing with people who I know won't leave is infinitely better than perfect ping solo queueing with people who leave within 2 minutes.

Sounds good! I usually juggle around a number of characters, which never includes Junkrat, so he's all yours!

Anne

I'm to the point where I wouldn't mind if Blizz just deletes QP and puts in a playlist that uses comp rules without the ranks instead.

QP is ass and I don't want to play comp with my friends 10+ levels below me and get punished for wanting (mostly)sensible rulesets.

I can still go Pharah and D.Va when needed but Junkrat is my go to. I also go Soldier if enemy Pharah is annoying the shit outta me.

I've been trying to get better with McCree to take care of enemy Pharahs, but I really suck with him and should probably just stick to 76 - I perform way better with him.

Why do people say they dont play rein? Bro u just put the shield up until and dont charge in stupidly.

I only play Reinhardt if I have confidence in my team - you can be the best Rein in the world but you'll still be super ineffective if your entire team is scattered all over the place and nobody is taking advantage of your shield.

That being said, there's something very satisfying about being Reinhardt and having a team that gels and plays strategically. Whenever I (rarely) get a win with him, I'm usually way more pleased than with most other characters.

Alavard

Why do people say they dont play rein? Bro u just put the shield up until and dont charge in stupidly.

My biggest problem with Reinhardt is that I always feel like there aren't enough people on my team to benefit from the shield. The statement might sound silly at first, but consider: snipers on my team are going to be elsewhere sniping, not behind me, and flankers like Tracer, Genji, and Reaper are going to avoid standing in one place for long. Even Pharah wants to get up and get height.

I find myself way too often with nobody behind me when I have my shield up, and I do far better taking Zarya.

MGrant

Haha, this fucking Reaper spray:

rpspraybqs0n.png

Iceman829

Does anyone here still play on xbox? My friends list is basically barren for this game. Everyone quit a few weeks back and I just picked it back up to try and get some cool Olympic stuff.

GT is Iceman829

I'm on in the evenings (EST) in the weekdays and around most of the weekend depending on the weather

My biggest problem with Reinhardt is that I always feel like there aren't enough people on my team to benefit from the shield. The statement might sound silly at first, but consider: snipers on my team are going to be elsewhere sniping, not behind me, and flankers like Tracer, Genji, and Reaper are going to avoid standing in one place for long. Even Pharah wants to get up and get height.

I find myself way too often with nobody behind me when I have my shield up, and I do far better taking Zarya.

Agreed, especially on the Zarya part. When I play Reinhardt and, to a lesser extent, Winston, it seems like my team absolutely refuses to use my shields for protection. Like, guys, I'm jumping up in front and tossing down a shield for a reason, here! Get behind/under it! With Zarya, you're getting shielded by me whether you like it or not. Plus it's so satisfying to see a teammate under heavy fire, pop the shield on them, and watch everybody on the other team have to adjust on the fly. All while I run in to melt them down.

Prelude.

I played him more during the beta, I think I have like 4 hours total right now, but he's not a hero that works very well with uncoordinated teams since shooting through the shield seems like an alien concept for a lot of people. I still appreciate when people use him because I play a lot of Zarya and he's a great source of charge even when he's played less than optimally.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
There's quite a bit more to rein than putting shields up. The ones that seem to only do that standing in one place is basically dead weight no matter how many damage blocked your voting cards says.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
honestly, they need to remove hero stacking from QP. two d.vas with her OP shield is basically game-breaking.

Prelude.

There's quite a bit more to rein than putting shields up. The ones that seem to only do that standing in one place is basically dead weight no matter how many damage blocked your voting cards says.
His shield is the most useful thing about him, if the team's not taking advantage of that you might as well change to a different tank.

I wish more people picked Rein. I love playing Ana so i sometimes become a pocket healer for tanks but rein benefits the most from the Amp ult. Roadhog is ussually alright as well.

LiK

Sometimes as a healer I hate people screaming for healing. No offense to anyone but I can clearly see if you're low on health and will attempt to reach you to heal. Constantly screaming for it is annoying. Try running to a health pack in the mean time.

So I'm at a total of 125 opened boxes. Still no Nihon Genji. :/ Also once I got the Symmetra emote of course it proceeded to drop 3 more times afterwards.

At least I got almost all of the voice lines and sprays. Great, huh?

Haha, this fucking Reaper spray:

rpspraybqs0n.png

Best of the Olympic sprays and player icons. I use both of them, cause I just love how silly it is. Because of course Reaper would BMX.

Anne

Sometimes as a healer I hate people screaming for healing. No offense to anyone but I can clearly see if you're low on health and will attempt to reach you to heal. Constantly screaming for it is annoying. Try running to a health pack in the mean time.

NGL I mash the shit out of the healing callout so I know a big symbol is over my head. I know when it is and isn't my fault when I don't get healed, but I always try to give a notification in case my healer is a boss.

Inversive

So I'm at a total of 125 opened boxes. Still no Nihon Genji. :/ Also once I got the Symmetra emote of course it proceeded to drop 3 more times afterwards.

At least I got almost all of the voice lines and sprays. Great, huh?

Best of the Olympic sprays and player icons. I use both of them, cause I just love how silly it is. Because of course Reaper would BMX.

i've opened 21 and only got nihon genji, i don't even play the annoying prick.

Wouldn't mind yank mcree or the red zarya skin.

brian!

Yeah i wish the button didnt make the character call out for healing in an obnoxious way, itd be a general improvement imo

LiK

NGL I mash the shit out of the healing callout so I know a big symbol is over my head. I know when it is and isn't my fault when I don't get healed, but I always try to give a notification in case my healer is a boss.

I hate when randoms spam it if they get nicked. I remember some stupid Rein who kept spamming it over and over. He wanted me to be his pocket healer or something.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
His shield is the most useful thing about him, if the team's not taking advantage of that you might as well change to a different tank.

But you need to also learn where's the best place you can provide cover for your team to breakthrough. It's quite a bit about map awareness and situation awareness.

Anne

Speaking of healers, how often are you guys running double healer comps? If a team has double healers then one of them should actually be more or less pocketing the tank for a chunk of the time.

But you need to also learn where's the best place you can provide cover for your team to breakthrough. It's quite a bit about map awareness and situation awareness.

Yeah, this is why playing Rein is actually hard.

LiK

Speaking of healers, how often are you guys running double healer comps? If a team has double healers then one of them should actually be more or less pocketing the tank for a chunk of the time.

Most of the time. Lucio X Zen or Lucio X Mercy is the most common. Fuck anyone who plays Ana but isn't actually good with her in Comp.

i've opened 21 and only got nihon genji, i don't even play the annoying prick.

Wouldn't mind yank mcree or the red zarya skin.

If I could, I would give you the numerous duplicates I got of both those skins, and add the duplicates of all other skins I've received, in exchange for Nihon Genji. :p

To add insult to injury, I actually got 2 regular Genji Legendary skins (the two variations of the fugly Young Genji one).

Pretty much every game I play is Lucio and Zen for both teams.

Anne

Most of the time. Lucio X Zen or Lucio X Mercy is the most common. Fuck anyone who plays Ana but isn't actually good with her in Comp.

Just making sure. In a comp with Zen/Lucio there really isn't an excuse for a team to not be topped off basically always as long as they aren't deep into a fight.

Not saying you're fucking up, but I can get why it seems a bit odd. If you trust Zen to keep orb on somebody who is straight out fighting you actually can just focus on healing Rein or something.

Since I don't play competitive, I can only speak about QP, and there, people generally seem to think that someone picking Zenyatta or Ana is sufficient healing and proceed to pick double Hanzo, or Torbjörn and Bastion on KotH.

Prelude.

If only we could have got at least one summer skin per character.
Badminton Mercy, Table Tennis Mei, Cycling D.Va, Gymnastics Widow. Sigh.
Yeah, but my problem with Rein is the team, not Rein.
Since I don't play competitive, I can only speak about QP, and there, people generally seem to think that someone picking Zenyatta or Ana is sufficient healing and proceed to pick double Hanzo, or Torbjörn and Bastion on KotH.
In competitive:
>instapicked Ana
fuck, no zen+lucio, guess I'll just pick lucio
>someone else takes Zen
I don't blame leavers.

LiK

Just making sure. In a comp with Zen/Lucio there really isn't an excuse for a team to not be topped off basically always as long as they aren't deep into a fight.

Not saying you're fucking up, but I can get why it seems a bit odd. If you trust Zen to keep orb on somebody who is straight out fighting you actually can just focus on healing Rein or something.

I don't usually play healer at all in Comp and if I do, I only play Lucio. I was mainly complaining about randoms in QP when I was Mercy.

brian!

Yeah, this is why playing Rein is actually hard.

After getting past 60 id say it's been pretty common, maybe like 70%+, but i also tend to personally pick up zen or luci if one is on the table and i feel like i dont have to fill something else, so that might skew things

I-hate-u

What about this though?

Not mine, but situations like this is when I wish friendly fire is a thing.

>instapicked Ana
fuck, no zen+lucio, guess I'll just pick lucio
>someone else takes Zen
I don't blame leavers.

I came into a KotH, they picked Bastion and Torb, Junkrat, and 2 offense heroes (I wanna say Reapers and Pharah). No way in hell I play in that, so I leave during the team assembly. Re-Queue. Immediately get put back into the same game. Leave. Re-Queue. Immediately get put back into the same game.
I went to take a break of a few minutes, then came back to finally play in another match.

I seriously don't understand why the game has such a hard-on for putting you into the same match again if you had consciously left (i.e. clicked on the "Leave Game" button), and not just disconnected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom