• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDug13

You guys complain about mid 50s...I made my placement matches as a support, finished 6-4. But all my wins were KOTH maps except one...being supports nerfed for placement and KOTH maps giving less rating for win I got placed at 44. I thought it was normal until I read more about the subject. Then I quit competitive until they made it more fair for supports.

But came back when hero stacking was eliminated. Yeah...mid 40s mid season is hell. I dropped to 40 and I dont see myself going up ever. People just dont listen, never counter, dont group up and flame and ragequit on regular basis.

I play support nearly exclusively, mostly Lucio, went 5-5 in placements on both PC and PS4 versions, got ranked 51 on PS4 and 48 on PC. 44 seems really low for 6-4. Are you a Mercy player? Maybe since I get golds in Objective time, Objective kills, and healing on a regular basis that improved my prospects? Seems weird.

Apparently I'm in the 99th percentile for Junkrat and the 97th percentile for D.Va on PC according to Overbuff. How reliable are these data?

I'm in the same boat. I keep putting out that I'm down with some competitive, but people seem to be allergic to me.

I'll add you but I'm still waiting for you to address this:
I got up to 87, only to drop back down to 42.

I'm not all that bummed, but it's funny how you can yo-yo back and forth between the ranks.

I feel like this can only be a typo/miscommunication none but the very, very, VERY best at the game could EVER get to rank 87 and unless you left every single game trying to level down, you'd never go from 87 to 42.

I am very, very curious.

ramyeon

Keep getting paired with this toxic player on PS4. He was bitching at us over mic that the had gold elims with Lucio. Told him to calm down and that gold elims doesn't mean a whole lot with Lucio. Escalated from there. Next time I get paired with him he's not on mic but spamming sarcastic shit over the text chat, thanks when we lose etc.

Can I block him somehow? I don't want to play with him again.

Apathy

I wish I was good with Roadhog but I'm absolutely useless with him for some reason.

Tried out Ana for the first time last night, she's really fun to play as when it starts to click. Nothing more satisfying than hitting a sleep dart on someone using an ult.

He just takes practice. I've been using him more and more and have gotten really good with hooking people. Had a match on volskaya where I made life hard for a widow, no matter where she was I was landing those bullshit hooks everyone hates and getting the kill.

Auctopus

I think he's messing with you. If Overbuff says that you are the 83rd percentile then you are the top 17 percent.

Well, that was a rollercoaster. Thanks.

If anyone's looking for QP (or Ranked) friends on PS4, you can add me up. Same as GAF name, just put Overwatch GAF in the message or something.

I feel like I'm a pretty decent Junkrat, Pharah, Mercy, Ana, Soldier and Rheinhart. But I'm pretty dire with other characters atm.

blakep267

Ranked is kinda frustrating. I went from 47 in my placements all the way down to 35. I'll win a match, then lose 2 matches. Win 1 , lose 1 etc. I guess there's no way to consistently win matches unless you play with a dedicated group of people

LiK

Keep getting paired with this toxic player on PS4. He was bitching at us over mic that the had gold elims with Lucio. Told him to calm down and that gold elims doesn't mean a whole lot with Lucio. Escalated from there. Next time I get paired with him he's not on mic but spamming sarcastic shit over the text chat, thanks when we lose etc.

Was this in Comp? If it was QP, I would just do nothing but follow him around and do nothing useful to get him to leave lol

There's no way to avoid players from what I know. But yea, spamming "Thanks!" when losing is one of the most assholish moves for micless dickbags. I would spam "Understood." in return.

ramyeon

Was this in Comp? If it was QP, I would just do nothing but follow him around and do nothing useful to get him to leave lol

There's no way to avoid players from what I know. But yea, spamming "Thanks!" when losing is one of the most assholish moves for micless dickbags. I would spam "Understood." in return.
Yeah in comp. He wasn't even a great healer. Had a good night with friendly people on mic and was ranking up finally, then this guy being a dick and of course I lost every game I was paired with him for.

LiK

Yeah in comp. He wasn't even a great healer. Had a good night with friendly people on mic and was ranking up finally, then this guy being a dick and of course I lost every game I was paired with him for.

That's a bummer. If I were you, I would mute him. Not sure if you can do that for emoticons but I would leave the team chat for that reason. Stick with Party Chat. You don't always need to communicate with randoms.

Thanks!
Thanks!
Thanks!
You must wait 30 seconds to continue being a huge dick to your team.

Yeah it's amazing how much nicer it is when people are nice. For example:

Jerk: this guy was complaining about how we couldn't kill two Genjis. I switched to Winston to deal with them. He told me to switch to Dva -_- with three minutes left in the match(Anubis) he was already saying we lost and continued to say that throughout the entire match. Then he left off with a sarcastic thanks.

Nice guy:so I ran into a guy on Gibraltar who picked Dva. The entire match he was making callouts, saying good job to nice plays, and overall just being a friendly guy. He even said he voted for me because of my POTG, even though my card was just a 10 kill streak. I felt really good. It felt even better when I realized we were playing against the jerk mentioned above and we steamrolled them in three minutes.

In this game:

Nice people>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jerks

LiK

Being verbally abusive aka spineless dickbag asshole yelling at strangers isn't gonna make your team play better. They will just be annoyed with you and be distracted by you being a moron. You will lose and people will hate you. So enjoy yelling at people and wasting their time.

Prelude.

Why do people always flame the genji when the whole team is losing?
Because 99% of team comps with a Genji could be significantly improved by him switching, since they most likely have only one healer or a tank. But, yeah, it's not like you should "flame" him, but if you're losing he's contributing to that pretty hard by not switching.

ramyeon

Thought I was doing well and got up to 48. Wrong. 3 games later back at 46. Thank you to the group of 2 who decided to leave the last game because they'd had enough.

Maddocks

I finally became a real overwatch player.

giphy.gif

ramyeon

Down down down I go! Worse off than when I started today now. Time to call it a night.

It's crazy how lopsided games are. You're either steamrolling or being steamrolled.

DeSo

Banned
I haven't won a game in like 20 games. Makes me want to quit the game honestly.

My team's always getting stomped and I get penalised for leaving. I'm not going to hang around to get stomped, what's the point. At least in TF2 I can leave when I want if my team is getting wrecked.

Blues1990

If you're on PS4 you can add me, PSN name: MisTicErtai

Unfortunately, I'm playing the PC version of Overwatch. Unless the PS4 & Xbox One versions of the game are cross-compatible?

I'll add you but I'm still waiting for you to address this:
I am very, very curious.

Ah, nuts. I meant to type 67, not 87. Yeah, there's no way in hell that I can get that high of a rank. But, yeah. For those who are on PC, my Battle.net username is Blues1990#1733.

LiK

Down down down I go! Worse off than when I started today now. Time to call it a night.

It's crazy how lopsided games are. You're either steamrolling or being steamrolled.

I haven't won a game in like 20 games. Makes me want to quit the game honestly.

My team's always getting stomped and I get penalised for leaving. I'm not going to hang around to get stomped, what's the point. At least in TF2 I can leave when I want if my team is getting wrecked.

You guys mainly solo queue? It's a gamble and pure hell from 40's to mid 50's. Try to find Gaffers to group up with and use Party Chat. You don't need to talk to randoms or even coordinate with them. Play your best character and you should do alright.

Urgh!

We lose the first round on Nepal. Two "team mates" leave. We then, obviously, go on to lose 3-0.

I should not lose competitive points for that shit.

Also, Blizzard, for fuck's sake, remove that obnoxiously big red bar away from the score.

ramyeon

You guys mainly solo queue? It's a gamble and pure hell from 40's to mid 50's. Try to find Gaffers to group up with and use Party Chat. You don't need to talk to randoms or even coordinate with them. Play your best character and you should do alright.
Would love to but time zones just don't work out :(

DeSo

Banned
You guys mainly solo queue?
Yeah, that's my problem. And I play a lot of support but what's the point if your team isn't going to even bother trying to protect you.

Think I should go back to a less team-based multiplayer game.

Veelk

Banned
Why is it that sometimes, when a player leaves, the game gives you the option of staying and sometimes it just flat out shuts down?

LiK

Why is it that sometimes, when a player leaves, the game gives you the option of staying and sometimes it just flat out shuts down?

If they leave Comp during team setup, it cancels the match. If it's mid-match they let you leave if you want without XP penalty. Still sucks they consider it a loss.

I usually take the L if I'm really close to the next rank.

I will never play healer in solo queue unless there happens to be a few people talking so there is communication. I'm a bad Lucio/Mercy anyway so I'm already playing below my skill level. And way to often I don't do anything the whole time because we aren't coordinating pushes. I am infinitely more valuable as a Roadhog or Tracer.

DrArchon

If the player leaves before the match starts, it always just kicks everyone out. If the match has been going on it lets you choose to stay or leave with a loss.

I've never been automatically kicked from a match that's in progress.

Somehow hanzo players are better than Lucio it seems when it comes to toxicity. At least when I play Lucio I don't act like that lol

Ventus182

Neo Member
Unfortunately, I'm playing the PC version of Overwatch. Unless the PS4 & Xbox One versions of the game are cross-compatible?

Ah, nuts. I meant to type 67, not 87. Yeah, there's no way in hell that I can get that high of a rank. But, yeah. For those who are on PC, my Battle.net username is Blues1990#1733.

I'm down for some comp too, if you want, my Battle.net ID is Ventus182#1265.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Why the fuck is ranked putting me into american servers.

Fucking whyyyyyyyyyyy.

I don't even get the choice to back out of them blatantly putting me into servers with shit ping.

Blues1990

I'm down for some comp too, if you want, my Battle.net ID is Ventus182#1265.

Consider yourself to be added. The characters that I'm best with are Mei, Zarya, Zenyatta, D.Va, & Lucio. I'm trying to branch out, but so far, Roadhog has been the only one who has clicked with me.

Fucking whyyyyyyyyyyy.

I don't even get the choice to back out of them blatantly putting me into servers with shit ping.

na > eu > au > asia.

hope the servers are okay today. can't deal with people skipping around again.

WhyMe6

I'm going crazy with the ridiculous matchmaking the last few days. It feels like one out of every five matches is well balanced, but the rest I'm a level 70 up against teams of level 150-300 folks whilst my team has someone <40 and they're just wiping the floor with us.

I need more people to play competitive with - tired of solo queueing. Also anybody else that wants/needs comp buddies on PS4 please add me - I'm not bad I swear! PSN ID is in my profile.

Feel free to add me on PSN, my ID's in my profile! But...I'm not that good, hahahaha.

There might be some lag, as I'm in Korea, but if we're online at the same time, let's group up and give it a try. I don't usually use voice chat and I'm not a heavy player, as my main gaming time is when my wife's asleep and we're in a very open apartment and all my mics seem to pick up TV feedback. At least things will be a tad more coordinated if we're working together, which will be a nice change of pace.

LiK

I still barely play comp, quick play is just much more fun without the stress.

QP is alright with a group cuz you get matched up with another group that actually tries to win. Playing solo is a mess tho. Most people are just messing around from my experience. More casual but also less fun for me when no one is trying.

Fucking whyyyyyyyyyyy.

This happens to me when I play at odd hours (2-4 am) it'll start putting me in Aus games (I'm from the west coast) and my ping will be like +300. Game is pretty much unplayable. The last game I just quit right from the start at the hero selection screen, that way I don't fuck over my team.

QP is alright with a group cuz you get matched up with another group that actually tries to win. Playing solo is a mess tho. Most people are just messing around from my experience. More casual but also less fun for me when no one is trying.

ive never played with a group in overwatch. solo has been my blood from the beginning. still most of my games are normal but i know when to shift my expectations for the match when four people pick Mcree for attack on route 66.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This happens to me when I play at odd hours (2-4 am) it'll start putting me in Aus games (I'm from the west coast) and my ping will be like +300. Game is pretty much unplayable. The last game I just quit right from the start at the hero selection screen, that way I don't fuck over my team.

If I could opt out I would, but this is ranked.

LiK

I played at weird times and yea, suddenly getting major lag in Comp is the WORST. I was lagging hard for a full minute before it settled. Couldn't do anything. Thankfully, the team kept the enemy team at bay and as soon as my lag was gone, I returned to help them out and we won.

JJShadow

I'm in the same boat. I keep putting out that I'm down with some competitive, but people seem to be allergic to me.

If you're playing on PS4 feel free to add me mate: JJShadow77

I'm coming back from vacation tomorrow so I'll be joining the GAF PS4 crew again for some matches, I'm rank 60 currently but I feel positive about reaching 65 before the season ends

LiK

FYI, If I play with anyone here in Comp, I main Junkrat. I can play other characters but I do my best with him cuz I have several strats for some maps that I always use with him and we do well. Don't fight me!

Anne

Watching a Taiwanese(?) tournament right now. The regional play style differences are neat to see. They're playing it a lot less focused on "death ball" type team fights, but everything is still pretty similar.

ive never played with a group in overwatch. solo has been my blood from the beginning. still most of my games are normal but i know when to shift my expectations for the match when four people pick Mcree for attack on route 66.

Yeah, I've probably played groups in maybe 5% of my matches, and most of my time has been spent in solo QP. And while I've definitely had runs of matches that have made me wonder why I even bother playing this game, I can't say it's been the unending stream of idiot teams goofing off that it seems like other folks are experiencing. It happens, but more often than not I'll get teams that are at least trying to play well, even if they aren't the best at it, and we'll usually make it close even if we end up losing. Even had a team last night that successfully managed to defeat the "Bastion on the payload with a Reinhardt shielding him and Mercy healing him" trap that has doomed so many other QP teams I've been on. (Hint: D.Va stacking.) And if I lose, so what? At least I don't have the worry that I have in competitive, where every loss dooms me to worse and worse teammates as my rank goes down. Honestly, I'd rather try my luck with the crap shoot of random teams in QP, than have to worry about keeping my rank up so I don't have terrible teammates.

Yeah, it's kind of stupid. I mean I could stay, but it pretty much would be a 5v6 and a loss. I guess I could play like Lucio or Mercy where it wouldn't matter as much, but it still annoying to play with that much lag. I don't mind because I rarely quit, so one quit really isn't a huge deal for me and it saves my team from a pretty much guaranteed loss.

Feel free to add me on PSN, my ID's in my profile! But...I'm not that good, hahahaha.

There might be some lag, as I'm in Korea, but if we're online at the same time, let's group up and give it a try. I don't usually use voice chat and I'm not a heavy player, as my main gaming time is when my wife's asleep and we're in a very open apartment and all my mics seem to pick up TV feedback. At least things will be a tad more coordinated if we're working together, which will be a nice change of pace.

I'm at work now but I'll add you when I get home. Honestly even with lag, playing with people who I know won't leave is infinitely better than perfect ping solo queueing with people who leave within 2 minutes.

FYI, If I play with anyone here in Comp, I main Junkrat. I can play other characters but I do my best with him cuz I have several strats for some maps that I always use with him and we do well. Don't fight me!

I can never play comp with you then because I play Junkrat most of the time in comp, too. My Junkrat strats are better!!

Not really. I can also play a mean Symmetra and D.Va and my Tracer is improving. Don't make me be healer though. Turns out bad for everyone usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom