• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Is there any indication you're joining a match in progress though? I joined a game today and was looking at a big red DEFEAT in literally three seconds. I barely left spawn. They literally threw me in at the very end. It's pretty shitty to have to take that on the nose.

You can only tell if there's no team setup. And also when the match ends, there's the backfill XP bonus. You don't get the loss from defeat tho so use it as practice if possible.

Squire

Banned
You can only tell if there's no team setup. And also when the match ends, there's the backfill XP bonus. You don't get the loss from defeat tho so use it as practice if possible.

Oh? How did I not know this...

Also, the Sombra stuff is cool. I'm excited for any new heroes.

Olengie

Dat moment when you're on Attack and your team decides to pick all Support/Defense. And I'm the only one who picked an Attack Character

FoxSpirit

Why do people always flame the genji when the whole team is losing?
Because if you are not a good Genji, you are away from the team and objective, getting done nothing and when in a teamfight don't even have enough HP to at least absorb some damage.

At least it's not attack Widowmaker, who just wants to make sure nobody pressures us in the back so stays behind the corner, away from all fighting.

So those two characters get a lot of flack.

cluderi

Holy shit, turns out Lucioball is serious business and you'd better bring your A game or prepare for abuse. I managed 3 matches before I just stopped playing (I'm not great but managed a goal or two)

So glad I stay out of the competitive matches and just play unranked for fun.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Holy shit, turns out Lucioball is serious business and you'd better bring your A game or prepare for abuse. I managed 3 matches before I just stopped playing (I'm not great but managed a goal or two)

So glad I stay out of the competitive matches and just play unranked for fun.

Wait really? Damn. The worst I got was people spouting gibberish. Like, literal gibberish.

I really like lucioball though. Got some super hype goals.

Ha!

I thought that different player glitch in LucioBall was just a bug on PC. I just spawned as Winston on the Xbox after we went a goal up.

Killed the opposition, they all left. Felt a bit bad. I won't kill again.

Mush

Decided to jump on solo for a few matches after giving the game a rest for a day and only managed to last four games before turning it off after seeing ninja flippy man everywhere.

Skii

After watching a few videos of Seagull playing Genji, guess which character I'm going to learn next?

Can't wait for me to get good with Genji just in time for them to completely nerf him.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just got 89% hook accuracy in a game that had a pain in the ass genji and tracer, felt amazing.

Still the most fun hero.
when zenyatta isn't around

Rad-

After watching a few videos of Seagull playing Genji, guess which character I'm going to learn next?

Can't wait for me to get good with Genji just in time for them to completely nerf him.

I doubt they are going to nerf him because he's a high risk high reward hero. It's easy to be nearly useless with him if the enemy team can shutdown your ult well.

Just got 89% hook accuracy in a game that had a pain in the ass genji and tracer, felt amazing.

Still the most fun hero.
when zenyatta isn't around

I wish I was good with Roadhog but I'm absolutely useless with him for some reason.

Tried out Ana for the first time last night, she's really fun to play as when it starts to click. Nothing more satisfying than hitting a sleep dart on someone using an ult.

Because if you are not a good Genji, you are away from the team and objective, getting done nothing and when in a teamfight don't even have enough HP to at least absorb some damage.

At least it's not attack Widowmaker, who just wants to make sure nobody pressures us in the back so stays behind the corner, away from all fighting.

So those two characters get a lot of flack.

Oh you are one of those. What if I'm genji and I flank them, distract their team kill the mercy and a dps, and my team dies while pushing and then flames me. Am I still getting nothing done?

Dragner

You guys complain about mid 50s...I made my placement matches as a support, finished 6-4. But all my wins were KOTH maps except one...being supports nerfed for placement and KOTH maps giving less rating for win I got placed at 44. I thought it was normal until I read more about the subject. Then I quit competitive until they made it more fair for supports.

But came back when hero stacking was eliminated. Yeah...mid 40s mid season is hell. I dropped to 40 and I dont see myself going up ever. People just dont listen, never counter, dont group up and flame and ragequit on regular basis.

caesar

Banned
KOTH is the only gametype I like now. Fucking love seeing lijiang tower. Every payload map goes to coinflip or comes down to one fight, attackers need way less time. Its so easy for any competent team to finish the map, and this is coming from someone who only solo queues. At least on koth you can basically carry with tracer/genji/mccree, pretty annoying when your team can't follow through though. Had a 74 elim Tracer game with like 6 deaths and 65% kill participation and we lost 2-3. Wut team.

Anne

why is everyone using genji in qp now

Because Genji is really good in solo q and people wanna learn him. Thanks to reddit, people are extremely convinced he's the most busted thing in the game.

I could see them toning down the ult a bit to make him less oppressive in solo q at some point. Genji is probably fine but he's very difficult to play around once he starts snowballing.

Edit: Also after getting pretty good at Genji (good enough to play him in the 70 SR range at least) I actually don't think he's that hard to learn. Getting over the initial hump is rough, my QP Genji stats are still awful from my first 5-6 hours on him, but once you get the idea down of what he can and can't get away with he becomes pretty straightforward.

I'm still pretty meh at landing M1 shurikens on every toss and I'm still blowing through entire enemy teams.

So assuming the Summer Games event happens annually, and brings back all the old content but also adds new content, how would you guys want the new content?

Would you like all new stuff for every character, i.e. sprays/icons/voice lines, or would you rather they just give the characters that had been released during that year their respective sports icon/spray/voice (and also any new country flag icons for stuff that had been added to the game since then) and just add a handful new skins, emotes, etc. (not necessarily only for the new heroes)?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
why is everyone using genji in qp now

Because he's broken if you're good with him so people are learning him in QP. Playing against rank 60+ Genji's is honestly game ruining at this point, you have to play around him or you lose, as a Zen if I use my ultimate against anything but him he'll kill the entire team.

Blues1990

You never know how new characters can change the meta, maybe they'll be viable counters against them. Not Bastion, though.

Maybe. But I yet to see the Defense-oriented heroes to be useful outside of their specialized niche (Junkrat seems to be the exception of this rule, though).

Aw, I kinda like bastion's story. I like cute robots though.

Same. I love the little bird that chills with him, and his bleeps and bloops (complemented with his curiosity) makes him pretty cute. My heart sank when I heard this exchange when playing as Zarya:

Zarya: "I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count."
Bastion: <sad beep>

Ertai

87th percentile with Tracer, 89th with Mercy and 75th with Lucio which are my most played characters right now and last night we went 2-6. Seen so many stupid actions.

Why do people decide to pile up on the payload in the dying seconds of a defense match only to get slaughtered by a ulting Reapfield who then proceeds to push the payload through the objective. Not once, but twice in the same match.

I'm contemplating picking up the PC version and give it a spin but i'm not sure how well i'd do after playing the console version for so long.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah so many Genjis these last days. I can't play a game without hearing his ult a few times, and a few secs later, I'm most probably dead. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom