• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I do raise my sensitivity a bit with Winston from the norm but at the same time, it feels REAL jarring when I play Winston by comparison

Every random game I play tonight is *insert insane frustration here*.

I'm on an 8 game losing streak, fucking yay. Why are pubbies so AWFUL on PS4.

Edited to calm down.

RIP

mouse DPI is at 550 right now. in-game is between 6-8.5 depending on char
but it may be messed because i play in borderless window so it's never right tbh.

Jarate

Banned
wHfbyYc.png

when the game decides to say fuck you, you're not going to win no matter how hard you carry!

LiK

Wow, playing as Genji with a control scheme I like. I don't even care if I kill them. Just jumping around distracting them was really hilarious. Still need to get used to the New button placements.

Squire

Banned
Mercy's gun is slightly higher DPS than D.Va's. By like 5%. Practically nothin'- but not nothin'.

Yeah, Mercy's gun is great and people are using it. I know I am. That's why they tried buffing her damage boost. Felt people were ignoring that for her blaster, which is totally the case.

Superflat

Yeah, Mercy's gun is great and people are using it. I know I am. That's why they tried buffing her damage boost. Felt people were ignoring that for her blaster, which is totally the case.

Had a great moment in the last match where it was hectic payload overtime and I Mercy-pistol'ed the enemy Roadhog out of existence. Definitely satisfying.

Soulflarz

Banned
Yeah I'm shit with mccree on PC, feels pretty great. Gonna do awful with him to 25 on PC to try and learn him then just go reap comp high up.

MISSED 5 PERSON HIGH NOON CAUSE I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE WAIT TIMING >_>
(or rather, popped it maybe 5 frames early, everyone lived with 1 health, i died inside as they uturned and killed me)

caesar

Banned
Did I mention how hero stacking is a cancer in the balls? Because it is.

Like I said, I would LOVE to not care about my w/l ratio. But I can't help it.

I mostly main D.Va. I used to be good with Genju too, but I left him alone for a while and now I'm no longer good. My PSN is KingofBlades2278, if you want to look at my modest stats. Feel free to add me though, I want to build up my friendslist so I can play with other gaffers. I usually solo queue, which I feel is the real problem I have. Even losses are easier to bare if you actually talk to people while playing.

Checked out your comp stats.

Dva and lucio looks solid. Maybe try tracer or zen? Would play with you but im in korea and I assume youre US? My comp stats arent great either but tracer and zen have been successful for me lately. (Ps4) console peasant atm LUL

https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/murika906?mode=competitive

Highest rank was 59 but lost a few, only ever solo q'd in comp.

Nudull

Banned
Yeah I'm shit with mccree on PC, feels pretty great. Gonna do awful with him to 25 on PC to try and learn him then just go reap comp high up.

MISSED 5 PERSON HIGH NOON CAUSE I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE WAIT TIMING >_>
(or rather, popped it maybe 5 frames early, everyone lived with 1 health, i died inside as they uturned and killed me)

You flew too close to the sun. :(

Squire

Banned
Had a great moment in the last match where it was hectic payload overtime and I Mercy-pistol'ed the enemy Roadhog out of existence. Definitely satisfying.

Oh yeah, it's awesome. I usually get 2-5 eliminations with her per game at this point. Sometimes it's 7-10.

Soulflarz

Banned
You flew too close to the sun. :(

I'm completely fine with being shit at PC without reaper or lucio or roadhog (aka being trash with characters who need to actually precision aim) because I haven't really spent much time playing shooters on PC. Feels weird man.

Enjoying it though, level 9 for the night.

meshwork

dpi advice
2200/15sensitivity is borderline insanity for mccree i assume <_>

There was a website going around that had collected sensitivity settings from various streamers/pros and most people seemed to play with 800 DPI and 6-8 in-game sensitivity. I know many non-pro people play way higher than that, but if you play a lot of games you should really get used to a lower setting. Not only is it better for aiming, it is also a lot better for your wrist. I'd imagine with your sensitivity you're on a highway to RSI problems. Next time you play, pay attention to how much tension you have to put on your wrist to achieve precise adjustments with your mouse (like tracking a player's head with tracer/soldier).

Duraigo

For those playing on PS4, do you guys any tips for getting better at aiming? Not for any specific character, just in general.

Kurita

Dear Mercys, there's no need to keep healing Rein when he's behind his shield and got full health, so in the meantime please use your damage boost on your other teammates

Soulflarz

Banned
That was a great win to end my night, didn't think we stood a chance early in the game, TBH.
Wait how is 74 showing even
Im 73 and top 500

YOURE SO CLOSE

For those playing on PS4, do you guys any tips for getting better at aiming? Not for any specific character, just in general.
This is why I went PS4->PC and Reaper->McCree

When you die to bunnyhoppers abusing the fact its annoying to aim on console, it doesn't feel like they earned the life at all :<

LiK

ROFL, i turned into that Asshole jumping bean Genji. Kept the capture point in Anubis from being captured by hopping around until my team respawned. We won....lol

Noticed a couple times last night that someone would quickly choose Torbjorn to defend, and with about 15 seconds before the attacking team starts they'll change to a Reaper or Hanzo.

Is this a new HILARIOUS thing people are doing, like putting up an Ice Wall to stop your own team from moving?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Noticed a couple times last night that someone would quickly choose Torbjorn to defend, and with about 15 seconds before the attacking team starts they'll change to a Reaper or Hanzo.

Is this a new HILARIOUS thing people are doing, like putting up an Ice Wall to stop your own team from moving?

Probably to make sure that torbjorn doesn't get chosen.

Nudull

Banned

I've had a Mei throw up an ice wall at the very opening, preventing the whole team rushing up when we were SECONDS AWAY from making a comeback instead of straight-up losing.

That day, I knew of true evil.

Whats the best way to maximise damage when you put someone to sleep with ana?
I remember seeing it in a vid i cant find.

Something like shoot throw, healing pulse then punch.

LiK

This just happened to me when I played Genji. She napped me, then tossed the grenade that damaged me and melee'd me up close. It worked. I guess this is a well known tactic.

Blu(e)

Shoot -> Melee -> Grenade

Another "combo" you can do is Shoot -> Sleep -> Shoot -> Grenade. If you're close enough, you can add a melee to it.

https://gfycat.com/CleverLittleAdamsstaghornedbeetle

And a more advanced version

Shoot -> Melee -> Sleep -> Shoot -> Melee -> Grenade

https://gfycat.com/CoarseDeepKakarikis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom