• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDug13

Maybe dash being reset everytime someone hit by it dies is a bit much. It basically means a good genji is always able to dash, especially when ulting since he can kill constantly. No other class has a cooldown-based ability that is reset on enemy death, especially one that is so valuable both offensively and defensively at the same time.

Burn him to the ground, along with his hitbox generous brother. Get that Stormshadow/Snake Eyes influence out of my serious game.
What? Hanzos hit boxes are normal now. Any more nerfs to him will make him even more worthless than he already is in high tier play. He's in Bastion tier of usefulness.

If they would balance Hanzo, it would be a buff long before it would be nerf.

Pooya

Why cheat on your stream?!! I don't get it, it's just being dumb. You're not getting caught in tournaments anyway at this point and even if you do Blizzard isn't going public with it, so cheat what you want, almost every top pro team seemingly cheats in this game anyways, but on your stream? everyone can see what you're doing.

I don't follow the pro scene at all so I might be wrong, but doesn't Envyus have other cheating members? Aren't they supposed to be the "best" team right now?

yeah, taimou their dps has damning clips, like wow... lol. best team in the world though...

Grisby

Well, did not expect to meet a Symmetra that purposefully places teleports on the edges of the map... in ranked. At rank 52. Even if you're trying to explosively derank, you could at least do it in a way that doesn't get you several harassment reports per game, brah.
Pretty sure I would turn green if this happened to me in ranked. Wow. F' that guy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This is true of absolutely every hero in the game. It's not advice.

But make him the priority is all I'm saying.

Like honestly, an ulting genji that isn't backed up by power boost/transcendence/sound barrier usually get around 2 picks before they get offed by everyone in my experience. Which is usually enough to turn team fights, but not the team-wiping monster people are making him out to be.

And I'll counter transcendence him, but that's because smart genji's will pull that out to initiate team fights and usually you'd want to transcendence for that scenario.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
But make him the priority is all I'm saying.

Like honestly, an ulting genji that isn't backed up by power boost/transcendence/sound barrier usually get around 2 picks before they get offed by everyone in my experience. Which is usually enough to turn team fights, but not the team-wiping monster people are making him out to be.
If you're making Genji priority you're not making the mercy that's going to rez him the second he dies priority. Between the fact that a lot of heroes can't hit him, him having the best mobility in the game, and having an excellent defensive ability in deflect, he's a lot harder to take down than almost any other hero.

The key problem imo is lack of viable counters. The idea that McCree and Roadhog are good against Genji is a myth; between his mobility and reflect he doesn't have much to be scared of by either of them. Winston is in a not particularly good place right now. Mei's range is not good against a hero with absolutely perfect accuracy from any range who can dash to safety if he makes the mistake of getting too close.

And on top of that, his ult is one of if not the best in the game. Someone on the Blizz forum crunched the numbers from Overbuff and his average ult kills per game at high levels is 1 higher than the next highest on the list.

Antiwhippy

Had a pretty funny moment in Nepal. Was playing mccree, and the other team's mei ice walled to block us out, but she accidentally boosted me to the top level. So i walked to the other side, initiated deadeye, dropped down and BAMF.

Also yay, getting around 35-40% accuracy with mccree nowadays. I'm improving!

Got such a satisfying Play of the Game on King's Row just earlier. Was playing D.Va, and enemy Roadhog hooked me right into the middle of their team, so I decided to self destruct. :D Not even Genji was able to get away.

Wow I thought Lucio's heals worked by shooting my teammates while being in heal-mode. I must have looked like a fool, good thing I'm not in competitive yet. I do enjoy using Lucio though, I'm trying to become better with him.

Anne

Genji's fine for the most part, the only thing that could be looked into is his ult charge time/duration without overhauling him again. We learned a lot about Genji during his different forms in the beta.

First version his shurikens dealt 35 damage and his dash dealt 60 damage. Obviously that was dumb,so they brought him to 150 life to lower his survivability. Then he was actually really bad, so he ended up losing his damage and was brought back up to 200HP.

So now it's like, what is causing the problem? He seems fine on damage/survivability, the only time he's actually doing anything nuts is when he ults for the most part. Just adjust that charge time a bit so it's easier to stagger a defensive ult against it or position around it, or lower the duration a second or two so that if he does sword to kill a healer he doesn't get the option to extend that into a team wipe.

Also the Internethulk stuff is weird. It looks bad for him, but that Gibraltor map was weird. Envyus owner said he would welcome Blizz to investigate any of his players and I think they honestly should take a hard look at it even if they don't say they are doing it publicly.

Antiwhippy

If you're making Genji priority you're not making the mercy that's going to rez him the second he dies priority. Between the fact that a lot of heroes can't hit him, him having the best mobility in the game, and having an excellent defensive ability in deflect, he's a lot harder to take down than almost any other hero.

The key problem imo is lack of viable counters. The idea that McCree and Roadhog are good against Genji is a myth; between his mobility and reflect he doesn't have much to be scared of by either of them. Winston is in a not particularly good place right now. Mei's range is not good against a hero with absolutely perfect accuracy from any range who can dash to safety if he makes the mistake of getting too close.

And on top of that, his ult is one of if not the best in the game. Someone on the Blizz forum crunched the numbers from Overbuff and his average ult kills per game at high levels is 1 higher than the next highest on the list.

Winston is surprisingly still in a pretty good place actually. Mercy can revive him but then he used up his ult and revive is used, plus mercy is not in vogue nowadays. Any time you force a reflect is precious dragon blade time used up, and then it's just a matter of waiting it out.

Like the real value of his ult is what it brings to team fights, and it's also another reason why zen and lucio is required right now just due to how much of an advantage their ults lend to a team fight.

Niks

Got a weird glitch last night playing symmetra at Kings row. Couldn't deploy the portal. Had to change heroes, so a wasted ult.

Nudull

Banned
Why even cheat competitively? Are people that desperate to inflate their wins that they couldn't give the slightest of fucks about keeping this game legit?

Anne

Why even cheat competitively? Are people that desperate to inflate their wins that they couldn't give the slightest of fucks about keeping this game legit?

$100k and a career playing games and being famous would drive most people to juice.

So if McCree is on 10 health I should still prioritize the tank? Fuck off. I mean if the tank and the DPS are both on the same health of course I'll heal the tank first. Cunts like you and the Roadhog I was referring to ruin multiplayer games, entitled fucks. Lucky you even have a healer.

Jesus dude, calm down.

When money's on the line, people will do almost anything, I guess.

I don't understand cheating on stream though. You're already an insanely good player going against random people, why cheat?

I really wish they toned down the ults. It's ridiculous how often you can pop them. They're game changers, they should only be allowed two, maybe three times a match if you're playing well.

As it is, every firefight feels like a slot machine.

It does sometimes feel like every time I get a groove going, or we finally are pushing the enemy team, everybody on the other team has their ult ready to nullify any progress. I had one match yesterday in QP where I swear I heard high noon about ten times over the course of the match, which is ridiculous. I never feel like I get my ults that frequently except for Junkrat - I let loose Rip Tires like they're going out of style.

I'd be up for something along the lines of the first minute of the match nobody's ult charges. That keeps damage boosted Pharah/Bastion from having an ult in 10 seconds, and also gives a new strategy to the opening rounds. Actually, I'd personally like to see a weekly brawl/contest where ults were disabled l, just to see who dominates/gets played.

People saying Genji needs a nerf? I can barely get two kills with his Ult, what am I doing so wrong? As soon as I press Y I'm targeted by everyone.

Genji's ult is best used like Reaper's - if you charge in obviously people are going to be aiming at you and take you down before you can do anything. But if you wait until the other team is distracted/come in from a flanking position, you'll probably take out a lot more people.

On the other hand, sometimes people panic when they see a nanoboosted ulting Genji charging right at them so occasionally inspiring fear in your opponents is good too. :D

(Ranked) mfw youre defending king's row but the team decides it's TDM but don't even want to switch when we need another tank for survivability and for me to hide behind.

tumblr_ml72gcto3c1r14o02o1_250.jpg

also couldn't even get a proper sound barrier when the team spread out so far.. i'm surprised we managed to cap all 3 points on attack later. but fuck SD. also LOL @ someone was like go watch some pro game videos and see why i picked X.

Permanently A

On Numbani, how do you take the first point when the defense is huddled on the top left with Rein Junkrat etc? Got totally stonewalled last game because their whole team was up there spamming the shit out of us no matter which way we tried to enter.

ohkay

Well this just sounds like what bad genjis would do. The good ones will wait for the right moment and easily pick off 3+ people on a team without the aid of a defensive ult. The ones just randomly rushing in are obviously gonna get picked off

Is people leaving in competitive really common? So many people quit in my games. Today three of the team left after losing the FIRST point on Watchpoint. What.

Is people leaving in competitive really common? So many people quit in my games. Today three of the team left after losing the FIRST point on Watchpoint. What.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. There needs to be a bigger penalty. Ban them from getting a game for a couple of hours if they do it 3 times in 10 games or something.

People quitting on Control maps when they go 1-0 down are absolutely pathetic.

Iceman829

I haven't played competitive in a couple of weeks because I haven't had a group to roll with on Xbox One. Now that I know the end-of-season competitive point distribution I really need to get out of the 40s. I don't know why I let my friend who is hardly ever online anymore convince me to buy this on Xbox One... I should have gone with my gut and went with PC.

I'm on xbox as well if you are looking for someone to play with. Most of my friends stopped playing as well. I haven't even touched competitive since I know randoms are terrible. My GT is the same as my name if you want to hit me up.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. There needs to be a bigger penalty. Ban them from getting a game for a couple of hours if they do it 3 times in 10 games or something.

People quitting on Control maps when they go 1-0 down are absolutely pathetic.

Yeah, had that happen too. The current penalty is they can't play competitive for 10 minutes right? Anything else?

kingocfs

YES

I'd say it's gotten worse. Past three nights it feels like it's been every other game for me. I'm in the mid-40s.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so angry my chest hurts, 3-0, a 4th win should definitely get my to 60 which has always been my goal and big step up in end of season rewards but no, for some unknown fucking reason I get virtually nothing for the 4th win in a row so I'm a cunt hair away, then to really rub it in the next game I get put with the most terrible teammates I've had in 2 weeks and we get destroyed. I really hate this game at times, competitive ranking just feels so unrewarding and it solely comes down to if you get the idiots or not and I'm sick and tired of trying so hard to climb only to have it snatched away at the last second because matchmaking decided to give me the bad team the one time I needed a decent team.

And yes I know it's not healthy to get this angry over a game but I can't help it. They need to make weed legal in the UK so I can play Overwatch without nearly having a heart attack.

Ricky 7

I'm so angry my chest hurts, 3-0, a 4th win should definitely get my to 60 which has always been my goal and big step up in end of season rewards but no, for some unknown fucking reason I get virtually nothing for the 4th win in a row so I'm a cunt hair away, then to really rub it in the next game I get put with the most terrible teammates I've had in 2 weeks and we get destroyed. I really hate this game at times, competitive ranking just feels so unrewarding and it solely comes down to if you get the idiots or not and I'm sick and tired of trying so hard to climb only to have it snatched away at the last second because matchmaking decided to give me the bad team the one time I needed a decent team.

And yes I know it's not healthy to get this angry over a game but I can't help it. They need to make weed legal in the UK so I can play Overwatch without nearly having a heart attack.

Yeah competitive does seem luck based, getting to 65+ without a group seems nearly impossible.

LiK

After playing Genji some more last night in QP, I have to say that he doesn't need a nerf. He's tough to play well so I give props to guys wh know how to play him well. I still need to figure out a good strat for myself when playing him. So far, I'm just jumping around and climbing around to distract enemies. Still have trouble aiming and jumping with him.

I might also changed his Reflect and Dash button again. Found myself pressing for dash and it was reflect instead. That's a sign the button remapping wasn't working for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom