• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish they toned down the ults. It's ridiculous how often you can pop them. They're game changers, they should only be allowed two, maybe three times a match if you're playing well.

As it is, every firefight feels like a slot machine.

Whats the best way to maximise damage when you put someone to sleep with ana?
I remember seeing it in a vid i cant find.

Something like shoot throw, healing pulse then punch.

Sleep dart -> Shoot + Melee cancel -> Grenade -> Shoot/Melee

After they take the grenade they'll have a sliver of health if they have 200HP so a melee should finish them off. You can't animation cancel the grenade with a melee so it isn't a perfect kill combo but they'll be close so hitting a melee attack is all but guaranteed. Hip fire for extra damage.

Also keep in mind you're dumping all Ana's cooldowns so don't do this often!

Shoot -> Melee -> Grenade

Another "combo" you can do is Shoot -> Sleep -> Shoot -> Grenade. If you're close enough, you can add a melee to it.

https://gfycat.com/CleverLittleAdamsstaghornedbeetle

And a more advanced version

Shoot -> Melee -> Sleep -> Shoot -> Melee -> Grenade

https://gfycat.com/CoarseDeepKakarikis

Sleep dart -> Shoot + Melee cancel -> Grenade -> Shoot/Melee

After they take the grenade they'll have a sliver of health if they have 200HP so a melee should finish them off. You can't animation cancel the grenade with a melee so it isn't a perfect kill combo but they'll be close so hitting a melee attack is all but guaranteed. Hip fire for extra damage.

Also keep in mind you're dumping all Ana's cooldowns so don't do this often!

Thanks.
Yeah i use it as a last resort or if im getting chased, was getting hammered by a junkrat and put him to sleep. Forgot what the order was but managed to take him down. He somehow put a trap down so i died to his death bombs after getting trapped anyway lol.

DeSo

Banned
A fucking Roadhog had the audacity to demand me to heal just him. The fucking fat fuck with his own heal. Some people, I swear.

ramyeon

I'm just about done with comp. Can never get a group together and I'm quite frankly sick of getting steamrolled. It's not fun anymore.

Syntax

Ran into a troll team in Quickplay. All picked the same hero (mostly Hanzo) and one was Zenyatta. Didn't care about winning just seemed to want to Deathmatch or stall games out.

Even though it gave me a few victories (against them), it was just plain boring. There was no challenge and they just tried to rile up people in chat.

ramyeon

Thought I could play a few games and try to get my rank up before end of season. Nope. Down lower than I've ever been before. So depressing.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

Genji is absolutely broken at higher rank, every match is both teams babysitting their Genji and waiting for him to kill the entire enemy team. They need to shave a couple of seconds off of his ultimate timer for a start. His mobility is so high and with the servers being less than stellar he's just extremely hard to kill if played right.

Pooya

oh boy, there is a new round of cheating accusations in pro scene going around and they are fishy as hell. Something will happen this time? I really doubt Blizzard will ever out the top teams if it's true, it's just bad publicity for them. Valve sat on these things for years.

DeSo

Banned
Genji is absolutely broken at higher rank, every match is both teams babysitting their Genji and waiting for him to kill the entire enemy team. They need to shave a couple of seconds off of his ultimate timer for a start. His mobility is so high and with the servers being less than stellar he's just extremely hard to kill if played right.
Spot on, there's a pretty big reddit thread on this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4vzb29/rank_63_competitive_just_feels_like_a_survival/

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I get confused on whether we're talking console or pc when it comes to genji.

Thought I could play a few games and try to get my rank up before end of season. Nope. Down lower than I've ever been before. So depressing.

It takes your season highest anyway.

DeSo

Banned
Hope I don't play with you anytime soon. Also tanks should always be a priority, even if they have a self heal.
So if McCree is on 10 health I should still prioritize the tank? Fuck off. I mean if the tank and the DPS are both on the same health of course I'll heal the tank first. Cunts like you and the Roadhog I was referring to ruin multiplayer games, entitled fucks. Lucky you even have a healer.

Blues1990

Decided to break mei out for ranked.

Won my games.

Yay!

While I have stuck with Zenyatta and Zarya for the game's Competitive Mode, I want to get better with using Mei as well. I just haven't figured out the best strategy for her. (Outside from using her Ult, then blocking the escape route for the enemy team, then having to pick off the 200 HP Heroes and/or healers first.)

Widow main before? ;)
Ive always been the Genji man!
I have a high affinity for sword users

Tanks are also a priority for me, as a healer you could build your ult faster by a healing them since tanks are pretty much at the fore front of damage taken. Building Anas ult in about 30seconds then letting a freindly Rein or Roadhog rampage early is great at letting attacking sides snowball.

Obviously looking at the situation is key, its not like i dont heal my teamates.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So if McCree is on 10 health I should still prioritize the tank? Fuck off. I mean if the tank and the DPS are both on the same health of course I'll heal the tank first. Cunts like you and the Roadhog I was referring to ruin multiplayer games, entitled fucks. Lucky you even have a healer.

Might want to take it down a notch, jeez.

Kiro

This is an odd post. You act like this game had set rules on who to heal and that your rules are right. There aren't rules.

You need to watch the team and prioritize situationally. Genji and Reinhardt low health with a Zarya coming in to attack or your Junkrat is behind Reinhardt shield. Heal the tank. Genji is mobile and fast to return if dead.

McCree has ult, low health and road hog is surrounded by 3 enemies. I'd say heal McCree. Let him get his ult off and Roadhog may or may not die.

Playing by a predetermined style is the real reason you must lose and therefore are so aggressively negative.

DeSo

Banned
This is an odd post. You act like this game had set rules on who to heal and that your rules are right. There aren't rules.
But according to MyNameIsRye's rules I should be healing the tank. I know how to prioritize, I don't need some dickhead to tell me how to do my job.

Might want to take it down a notch, jeez.

I have played support in TF2 longer than anything and it's entitled arseholes like Rye who stop new players playing support.

Kiro

But according to MyNameIsRye's rules I should be healing the tank. I know how to prioritize, I don't need some dickhead to tell me how to do my job.

I have played support in TF2 longer than anything and it's entitled arseholes like Rye who stop new players playing support.

I think he's giving a tip as we all are. Tanks should naturally have a higher priority for healing, but it's not a law at all times. We are suggesting to you that tanks should be a priority but it's not a done deal.

You sound like the opposite is true and you are unwilling to change.

And good for you for your TF2 skills *rolls eyes*

DeSo

Banned
I'm seriously in disbelief how you guys aren't getting this.

If the tank has 100 health and another team mate is about to die on 10 health I'll heal the 10 health guy for a second to buff him up. I don't know how much more simply I can put it.

And yeah Kiro, I played medic a lot in TF2 but I never said I was a pro. Could you be any more passive agressive, fuck me. "Rolls eyes"? How old are you, 12? I'm done.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber

If the tank has 100 health and another team mate is about to die on 10 health I'll heal the 10 health guy for a second to buff him up. I don't know how much more simply I can put it.

And yeah Kiro, I played medic a lot in TF2 but I never said I was a pro. Could you be any more passive agressive, fuck me. "Rolls eyes"? How old are you, 12? I'm done.

We get it. Most replies to you more concerned with your toxic tone and attitude than the Healing Commandments.

duckroll

I didn't start it but Gaf sure loves the pile on.

I'm just going to cut in here and highlight some of what I think you might be doing wrong. Consider these helpful tips to improve your tone so people don't feel the naturally inclination to get annoyed when reading your posts.

A fucking Roadhog had the audacity to demand me to heal just him. The fucking fat fuck with his own heal. Some people, I swear.

I know some people don't realize how they sound when enjoying the music of their own sweet voice, so highlighting it can be helpful at times. Hope this helps you!

And upvoted. I've been playing Zen a lot in competitive just to help counter Genji so I know exactly where he's coming from, no hero should be so devastating that you have to build around him.
Part of the reason that Genji is so prevalent right now is the rise of Zenyatta. So you're a part of the problem!!

Skii

People saying Genji needs a nerf? I can barely get two kills with his Ult, what am I doing so wrong? As soon as I press Y I'm targeted by everyone.

A good Genji player can wipe out the entire team with his ult, especially if it's backed by a Zenyatta or Lucio ult. If you're facing a Genji, you are being forced to save your ult until he pops his to stand any chance of surviving the Dragonblade.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
A good Genji player can wipe out the entire team with his ult, especially if it's backed by a Zenyatta or Lucio ult. If you're facing a Genji, you are being forced to save your ult until he pops his to stand any chance of surviving the Dragonblade.

Or you can just collectively shoot at him.

That usually works.

A lucio or zen ult is ultimately mostly countered by another lucio or zen ult, because dragonblade or no dragonblade those 2 ults give a huge advantage in team fights.

ohkay

Just playing as genji in quick play (trying to get him to a level I could use in comp), it seems like people are getting a better handle on him with his ult. That being said, the ones I face in comp are still an incoming team wipe when they have dragon blade unless ults are available

Edit: it's funny how my mentality in comp has gone from "oh god, someone picked genji on my team. We're gonna lose." to "oh god, I hope you're amazing and can destroy the other team"

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Well, did not expect to meet a Symmetra that purposefully places teleports on the edges of the map... in ranked. At rank 52. Even if you're trying to explosively derank, you could at least do it in a way that doesn't get you several harassment reports per game, brah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom