• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

Kill the weebs
emoticon-81274-src-6e940a2226a88700-28x28.png

Veelk

Banned
AHAHAH YES

I just had the most MAGNIFICENT match with Genji. Play of the game, new high rank, the most satisfying Mei kills. First I got my first entire team wipe by Dragonbladeing with Zarya and cutting everyone open. Then, when the entire team respawned, Mei tried to make a team zerg rush with her ult.....BUT I WAS READY WITH MY REFLECT!!! They froze THEMSELVES and we got another team kill! TWICE, because they had the gale to try it again (though we only had a team kill on the first try)!!! I'd have been happy to reflect anyone's ult, but that it was fucking Mei that I was turning her weapon against made it all the better. The match was close too, we both scored 2 points and they we only took the objective when they were at 99%, I was worried we wouldn't be able to turn it around...and I think if I hadn't reflected that ult, we may not have, because they were good...but I did.

I was grinning ear to ear. It was so good. So, so good.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Any group looking for a healer(mercy/luc mostly)/tank(zarya/hog/mcree mostly) combo?

PC

Comp/QP Rank 56/55 apparently lol just did our placements.

East coast pref i suppose :|

Sianos

give him 100 health and 100 recharging shield instead

Genji is fine. Play Reaper, Pharah, McCree, Zarya, Winston, asnd all they can do is just hop around and run away.

I'll add Mei to this list as well. Freeze ray goes through deflect forcing him to usually waste his dash to retreat, and if not then you severely hamper his mobility. If he gets frozen solid, he's dead. You can also bait out deflect by briefly pausing your freeze ray and pretending to load an ice shard. Her ultimate works well to defensively protect your team from his attempts to use his own ultimate while your team is distracted dealing with a push after he's already wasted his dash charging in.

Genji has a very high skill ceiling and can be quite the effective hero. But he also has many counters that take a lot less effort to perform well than he does and of course suffers from the deletion of projectile hitboxes like so many other heroes.

Skii

Man I am so bad as Genji. I completely respect good Genji players now. That shit is hard.

I am always mistiming everything or just completely forgetting I can deflect or dash. It's just embarrassing.

My K/D ratio is probably 1.2 or something awful. And I'm so bad with Dragonblade as well. I just can't close the distance between people and get killed after I get a couple hits in.

Might play a bit of Reaper later on just so I can feel better about myself.

Anne

They really need to widen the skill range people can get placed in. I understand that people don't wanna have to be rank 20 or something, but how condensed the mid ranks are is actually insane.

when you trying to goof around with mccree but have to pull out Mei instead.

held the corner before the last point amazingly well considering how fast it was moving through the match on dorado.

X-Frame

Started at Rank 60 today and then managed to get up to like Rank 62.9 before I experienced consecutive losses, a power outage, and more losses and dropped to 61. So a net positive today, but damn I really want to hit 65.

Prelude.

I had only 3 matches, won 1, but I think it's enough for today, it seems worse than usual.
After losing defense in like 4 minutes, on attack we couldn't get Anubis B so a premade of 3 switched to Bastion, Mercy and Junkrat.

I atarted playing again yesterday after not playing for about a month. I started playing as Ana to give her a try, and haven't played anyone else since, even though I normally mix it up. She might be my favourite character now. She's a great healer, but is also pretty competent in a fight.

I find myself not really playing her like a sniper though; I'm usually on or at least very close to the front lines, and don't use the scope. Since she has a pretty good rate of fire, you can afford to go wild a bit. It also means you can use the bio grenade effectively. It works pretty well for me, as I can usually get a lot of healing/damage in before I die.

It seems like Ana will have a hard time getting PotG due to not being able to rez or mass heal, and that though she can rack up a ton of assists, she won't get many outright kills. But I feel like she contributes a lot to a game if used right.

I also like how unlike Mercy, it's not immediately obvious that you're healing somebody, and even if the enemy does realise it, there isn't a bright yellow line leading straight to you, so the enemy won't make a beeline for you right away.

Oh, and her sleep dart is brilliant for insta-shutting down the ultras of Pharah, Roadhog, Bastion, McCree, and Reaper.

exYle

I find myself not really playing her like a sniper though; I'm usually on or at least very close to the front lines, and don't use the scope. Since she has a pretty good rate of fire, you can afford to go wild a bit. It also means you can use the bio grenade effectively. It works pretty well for me, as I can usually get a lot of healing/damage in before I die.

So you're using her correctly, then

ISOM

6 straight comp wins in solo queue. What bizarro world did I awake to?

I'm like on 8 game win streak. Feels like a lot of the troll pickers and I just want to play QP in comp people are not playing that much anymore.

Hopefully it continues..

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like they should have modeled ana's gun like widow's, except that instead of transforming from assault to sniper, it transforms from shotgun to sniper.

That's pretty much how it works anyway.

Apathy

I atarted playing again yesterday after not playing for about a month. I started playing as Ana to give her a try, and haven't played anyone else since, even though I normally mix it up. She might be my favourite character now. She's a great healer, but is also pretty competent in a fight.

It seems like Ana will have a hard time getting PotG due to not being able to rez or mass heal, and that though she can rack up a ton of assists, she won't get many outright kills. But I feel like she contributes a lot to a game if used right.

I also like how unlike Mercy, it's not immediately obvious that you're healing somebody, and even if the enemy does realise it, there isn't a bright yellow line leading straight to you, so the enemy won't make a beeline for you right away.

Oh, and her sleep dart is brilliant for insta-shutting down the ultras of Pharah, Roadhog, Bastion, McCree, and Reaper.

Grats, you figured out what 99% of the people that pick her don't get

I was hoping to get from 62 up to 65 by the end of the season, but with the last few teams I've had, I'm wondering if I should just stop now to at least keep above 60 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom