• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

peakish

I have a lore question y'all: why does Ana not have a codename like most of the other founding Overwatch members? (or, if she does and I don't know it, why isn't she called by it now, unlike Soldier 76 or Reaper)
Her alter ego when she was hiding was Shrike, but she decided to not hide anymore hence Ana. Jack is too invested into his srs bsns jig to go back and Reaper abandoned his name.

Jarate

Banned
DVa continues to dominate with long kill streaks and 50% of kill elminaiton but Genji is somehow the problem

D.Va is a huge tank, and has a huge spread fire which racks up elims and damage, but doesnt really do that much in the grand scheme of things. I get a shit ton of my damage firing at shields, and most of my elims are me shooting midrange so I can use my defense matrix to protect the front line guys.

It's like saying Junkrat is broken because hbe does a shit ton of damage. All of these things are contextual

I do think Genji might have the best tools in the game to escape any 1v1 battle. The key is to bait out the reflect, and then he's basically a walking duck for the entire team.

Baiting is such a useful skill to learn, everyone needs to play zarya to understand how to become master baiters

Ramirez

Started my day with a quitter in comp while we were winning (probably a D/C), and then my internet shit the bed the next game. Back down to 72 just like that. :( lol

Jarate

Banned
Started my day with a quitter in comp while we were winning (probably a D/C), and then my internet shit the bed the next game. Back down to 72 just like that. :( lol

you wanna play some comp man? I was on like a 5 game win streak before the game decided to match us up against a team that had a 7 level average advantage over us. I'm at 66 btw

ohkay

what exactly makes a good tank a good tank? I've been meaning to learn Reinhardt and get better with dva and Zarya, but I don't know what I should specifically be looking to do

Azoor

what exactly makes a good tank a good tank? I've been meaning to learn Reinhardt and get better with dva and Zarya, but I don't know what I should specifically be looking to do

Depends on the mode and character. Reinhardt will take damage for the team and help them push forward, Roadhog and Zarya will protect team member with the hook and Shield respectively. D.va and Winston are good for taking attention away from the other team members and good for dealing with flankers.

Also, PLAY THE OBJECTIVE !

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think Pharah's are the most likely culprit of not paying attention to the cart. Stood on it at the final push solo as Hanzo while a Pharah continued to stare off down the hallway in Dorado. Even threw her a 'Hello'

WOW 3 PLAYER ICONS IN ONE BOX

Nudull

Banned
tfw your mech blows up, you're already near death and the whole enemy team is chasing you down like it's a Jason Bourne movie. ;_;

I think Pharah's are the most likely culprit of not paying attention to the cart. Stood on it at the final push solo as Hanzo while a Pharah continued to stare off down the hallway in Dorado. Even threw her a 'Hello'

WOW 3 PLAYER ICONS IN ONE BOX

That's a middle finger from Blizzard if I ever saw one.

Anne

Control a fight. If a DPS or something is trying to jump on all you're supposed to do is keep them off of you. When it's time to fight, you're supposed to be a big enough problem for people to shoot at you sop everybody esle can do their jobs.

Really just is controlling space and engaging/disengaging

I can't escape having patterns in my wins/losses in competitive. It's always either back and forth win/loss or a string of losses then a string of wins. It's baffling.

I did have a pretty awesome moment the other night in Quick Play when, playing as Genji on ToA, I heard a McCree coming from the side with his High Noon and stared him down with my deflect only for him to still pull the trigger getting his ult deflected right back into his face. Made sure to capture that moment.

Ramirez

you wanna play some comp man? I was on like a 5 game win streak before the game decided to match us up against a team that had a 7 level average advantage over us. I'm at 66 btw

I'll be down tonight, I don't know what it is, but my internet is not stable at all during the afternoon hours. I don't want to get d/c and fuck anyone else over, lol.

Jarate

Banned
I'll be down tonight, I don't know what it is, but my internet is not stable at all during the afternoon hours. I don't want to get d/c and fuck anyone else over, lol.

im not sure about tonight because it's Toonami night tonight, and I don't know if this flu im feeling will kick in later on.

Ramirez

im not sure about tonight because it's Toonami night tonight, and I don't know if this flu im feeling will kick in later on.

K0ANCTG.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bastion ought to be able to tag enemies in Recon mode, Battlefield style. Put it on cooldown and let the tag lasts like 7 seconds or something. Give me something else to do as Bastion. I can't always play Torbjorn and Hanzo as my go-to defense heroes whenever I like to pretend that Defense heroes are good.

Ramirez

Bastion ought to be able to tag enemies in Recon mode, Battlefield style. Put it on cooldown and let the tag lasts like 7 seconds or something. Give me something else to do as Bastion. I can't always play Torbjorn and Hanzo as my go-to defense heroes whenever I like to pretend that Defense heroes are good.

Let his bird fly around shitting on people and covering their screen like the squid in Mario Kart.

Apathy

The three support, three tank strategy was bonkers. Also nice to see that even when pros go bastion, they don't bother getting in the payload to extend the time

NeoRaider

Is battle.net starting in offline last few days for anyone else?
I need to click "go online" every time i start the client.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
FINALLY, after being 1 game away from SR60 3 times I finally got it on my 4th attempt. Now I really don't care about the game until season 2, I'll just play Lucioball for boxes.

Prelude.

The last match of a 2-2 koth is exactly when I like being disconnected at every death.

Is battle.net starting in offline last few days for anyone else?
I need to click "go online" every time i start the client.
Kinda, it doesn't start logged in already like it used to, but it takes several seconds.

Stat!

Salt's running really high in comp right now... guess it's that end of the season scramble for rank.

Yeah I tried solo queuing today. Its actually making me never want to touch this game again. Just too many morons playing competitive. Like Im just watching a reinhart charge in by himself each time. Or when we defended, we had no DPS and no healers. Not sure it was even impossible.

Mr. X

D. Va task is shoot in the crowd like Junkrat and do small damage in a wide area fast. Her ult is kinda meh, you have to lob it in over head or drop it in a point but Rein is plentiful so it disrupts for a small amount of time.

Nudull

Banned
Yeah I tried solo queuing today. Its actually making me never want to touch this game again. Just too many morons playing competitive. Like Im just watching a reinhart charge in by himself each time. Or when we defended, we had no DPS and no healers. Not sure it was even impossible.

So, probably a good thing that I haven't gone back since the first time? XD

No DPS? What the hell kind of team comp doesn't have a DPS with randoms?

KiraFA37

It has happened, somebody has for the first time called me a cheater in Overwatch. why? For killing a Genji with my aimbot... as Anna, to be honest the Genji player wasn't playing that good.

LiK

It has happened, somebody has for the first time called me a cheater in Overwatch. why? For killing a Genji with my aimbot... as Anna, to be honest the Genji player wasn't playing that good.

truly an honor. i'd rather be called a hacker than being called terrible even tho i had Gold in Elims and Objectives kills and Damage. yea, that happened.

Prelude.

See? It's always Genji players. Always. Considering he's annoying at both low and high levels, let's just remove it from the game and pretend it never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom