• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Gotta love when people drop out in ranked.

Is there a better way of handling this?

i would say blocking them from playing for half an hour instead of 10 min for first drop and make them lose a whole rank for each consecutive drop/leave. cuz if you have a shitty connection, you shouldn't even be playing Comp anyway.

another way is to prevent them from earning any XP for the next few wins. so they earn nothing for leaving/dropping when they return.

xaosslug

Is people leaving in competitive really common? So many people quit in my games. Today three of the team left after losing the FIRST point on Watchpoint. What.

some peeps don't even wait until the first point is taken or whatever... if they see that the team they're on is dying a lot, or something, peeps just quit. It's maddening.

it's that whole 'Wot? I'm the only one still alive? I'm too good for this shit!' mentality. -__-

ohkay

After playing Genji some more last night in QP, I have to say that he doesn't need a nerf. He's tough to play well so I give props to guys wh know how to play him well. I still need to figure out a good strat for myself when playing him. So far, I'm just jumping around and climbing around to distract enemies. Still have trouble aiming and jumping with him.

I might also changed his Reflect and Dash button again. Found myself pressing for dash and it was reflect instead. That's a sign the button remapping wasn't working for me.
The thing is, he's hard to play, but when played well and effectively he is an unkillable monster. I'm not that great at genji, but I've had games where I was tearing apart the other team to the point that they'd all turn and target me and blow every ult they had just to kill me. The fact that this is most people's way to deal with genji (including myself) tells me there's a problem. Maybe he specifically doesn't need a nerf, but something needs to change to make him not so powerful (like nerfing discord so Winston would be viable again)

AngryMoth

I don't think Genji needs a nerf. He doesn't feel unfair to me playing both as him and against him in the 50's and in the pro scene McRee and Reaper and picked more often. The only thing I could maybe get behind is reducing his ult charge speed.

To me Zenyatta is the most OP hero in the game right now, if I were Blizz I'd be looking at nerfing discord.

Niks

I'm so angry my chest hurts, 3-0, a 4th win should definitely get my to 60 which has always been my goal and big step up in end of season rewards but no, for some unknown fucking reason I get virtually nothing for the 4th win in a row so I'm a cunt hair away, then to really rub it in the next game I get put with the most terrible teammates I've had in 2 weeks and we get destroyed. I really hate this game at times, competitive ranking just feels so unrewarding and it solely comes down to if you get the idiots or not and I'm sick and tired of trying so hard to climb only to have it snatched away at the last second because matchmaking decided to give me the bad team the one time I needed a decent team.

And yes I know it's not healthy to get this angry over a game but I can't help it. They need to make weed legal in the UK so I can play Overwatch without nearly having a heart attack.

You are all of us.

The other day something similar happened to me. Gained like 10+ straight levels. Win after win after win. Went from lvl 34 to 49. Was astonished how a good team really matters.

Since that time, I haven't been able to continue climbing. Teams I've been put in are abysmal, like can't hold the point 30 secs after beginning bad.

It's rage inducing for sure.

Anne

Lol at the people in the comments, "Oh its probably just a glitch."

They have obviously never played Mcree. I have never seen anything like that when I play him.

Actually the reason people think it might be a glitch is that if you watch the rest of the VoD a bunch of bizarre shit was happening. Like every time he died his body bugged out and dropped out to the final spawn point, along with a bunch of other shit. Also moving the camera during the Dead Eye shots is impossible normally too. Also the flick defaults to the same spot on the map each time it happens where an aimbot would have no business looking.

So it's actually really fucking weird. Either one of two things happened, the game bugged out or he has some third party app that went bananas. It's why Blizz should actually be really looking into seeing what the hell happened. It looks fishy as all fuck but it's also super bizarre.

Most likely case is he has some third party app that interacted with the Deadeye that defaulted to locking onto a spawn position for some weird reason.

Gurrry

Actually the reason people think it might be a glitch is that if you watch the rest of the VoD a bunch of bizarre shit was happening. Like every time he died his body bugged out and dropped out to the final spawn point, along with a bunch of other shit. Also moving the camera during the Dead Eye shots is impossible normally too. Also the flick defaults to the same spot on the map each time it happens where an aimbot would have no business looking.

So it's actually really fucking weird. Either one of two things happened, the game bugged out or he has some third party app that went bananas. It's why Blizz should actually be really looking into seeing what the hell happened. It looks fishy as all fuck but it's also super bizarre.

Most likely case is he has some third party app that interacted with the Deadeye that defaulted to locking onto a spawn position for some weird reason.

I watched a little more, but whats more odd to me is that despite all that weird shit happening, he doesnt even have a regular human reaction to it.

Most people would be like "yo wtf is going on!??!!"

He just acts like its normal and continues.

LiK

I watched a little more, but whats more odd to me is that despite all that weird shit happening, he doesnt even have a regular human reaction to it.

yea, i was watching it and yea, there's no reaction to it whatsoever. "Oh hey, I happened to snap to another player instantly and killed him. Pretty chill."

Anne

Yeah, it's all hella weird. Nobody in his chat reacted either which is even more weird. Like what the hell was going on so that this is just now a thing? That was a public VOD from July 18th. Why did nobody post that on reddit before?

He is confused when his body spawns differently but that's really it.

Soulflarz

Banned
After playing Genji some more last night in QP, I have to say that he doesn't need a nerf. He's tough to play well so I give props to guys wh know how to play him well. I still need to figure out a good strat for myself when playing him. So far, I'm just jumping around and climbing around to distract enemies. Still have trouble aiming and jumping with him.

I might also changed his Reflect and Dash button again. Found myself pressing for dash and it was reflect instead. That's a sign the button remapping wasn't working for me.

I'm pretty sure they nerf off everyone whos really good with him- if they all had a silly easy time, everyone would just learn Genji. That's the current fear.

*not that I'm pro Genji nerf, just explaining why people hate him. I find him hard to use too.

ISOM

some peeps don't even wait until the first point is taken or whatever... if they see that the team they're on is dying a lot, or something, peeps just quit. It's maddening.

it's that whole 'Wot? I'm the only one still alive? I'm too good for this shit!' mentality. -__-

And that's a shame. I had a match the other night where it looked like we were going to be shut out on Dorado. We didn't even get through the first chokepoint before it got to overtime but we were able to move the payload every time overtime was reached right until we won the round. Everyone on our team was surprised because no one thought we were going to win the match but we did. Leaves fucking suck.

exYle

What's your control scheme for him? For me, the only thing I've switched is jump and dash

Crzy1

And that's a shame. I had a match the other night where it looked like we were going to be shut out on Dorado. We didn't even get through the first chokepoint before it got to overtime but we were able to move the payload every time overtime was reached right until we won the round. Everyone on our team was surprised because no one thought we were going to win the match but we did. Leaves fucking suck.
Yeah, I've had too many times where my team has made a comeback to leave early, but I'll definitely ease up on trying if my team is just getting destroyed. After a while with no one playing for objectives, I'll just go full TDM mode. Have found I get less frustrated if I can get at least get a few kills in.

Prelude.

I found a guy on Lucioball that spawned 3 times in a row on defense and they scored 3 times because he kept abandoning it. Pretty much halfway through the match he started calling me a retard and insulting my mom and more stuff like that on the mic until the lost 1-6. (that one goal was mine, btw)
I mean, there should be some kind of instaban if someone's that toxic on fucking Lucioball, he shouldn't really be allowed to touch the actual game anymore.

Xero

I found a guy on Lucioball that spawned 3 times in a row on defense and they scored 3 times because he kept abandoning it. Pretty much halfway through the match he started calling me a retard and insulting my mom and more stuff like that on the mic until the lost 1-6. (that one goal was mine, btw)
I mean, there should be some kind of instaban if someone's that toxic on fucking Lucioball, he shouldn't really be allowed to touch the actual game anymore.

well you can report him for harassment

xaosslug

yup! HEROES NEVER DIE!!! I had a KoTH match on Lijiang tower, it was a hard fought 2:2, w/ the last point us down 0% to almost 99%, and as the beeping is sounding as it's counting up, two of my teammates resign themselves to the loss... but another teammate gave them a pep-talk about never giving up, and we tear shit up. It was magical. T__T Someone on the other team even messaged me afterwards and asked if we were just playing around w/ them the whole time. Ha!

I have a lore question y'all: why does Ana not have a codename like most of the other founding Overwatch members? (or, if she does and I don't know it, why isn't she called by it now, unlike Soldier 76 or Reaper)

Prelude.

I have a lore question y'all: why does Ana not have a codename like most of the other founding Overwatch members? (or, if she does and I don't know it, why isn't she called by it now, unlike Soldier 76 or Reaper)
They're both presumed dead and are operating undercover, Ana just showed up again and she's not hiding her identity.

exYle

L1 for jump, X for Reflect and R1 for Dash. might flip Reflect and Dash again. sometimes i forget i even have the Dash move.

I like having dash on X because, of all of his regular abilities, dash takes the least amount of fine-tuned aiming. I need deflect on a shoulder button because reflecting something back to the enemy as a split-second reaction is more likely to miss if I take my thumb off the stick. But with dash, so long as I'm generally pointed towards where I want to go, I'll hit them since the hitbox is so generous

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
video searching fuck mei will give you a very different result

Reinhardt and Torbjorn don't use codenames

Genji definitively positively needs a nerf. Not only is the ulti ridiculously stupid, but how is it that the most agile character in the entire game, with a deflect ability and a small hitbox, gets to have 200 HP? Now that's some bullshit right there.

I'm
very
salty right now, but still.

LiK

I like having dash on X because, of all of his regular abilities, dash takes the least amount of fine-tuned aiming. I need deflect on a shoulder button because reflecting something back to the enemy as a split-second reaction is more likely to miss if I take my thumb off the stick. But with dash, so long as I'm generally pointed towards where I want to go, I'll hit them since the hitbox is so generous

yea, might have to switch anyway because it feels better that way

JJShadow

I know it must have been already answered, but just to be sure, are season rewards based on your highest ranking or on your current ranking at the end of the season?

ViviOggi

Last game Zen and me on Zarya were the only ones to touch Pharah, with our Soldier doing who knows what all match. 60+ Soldier/McCree spammers, yet unable to ever look up when we're losing the game to her alone. Wish I was exaggerating but I regularly have to switch from tank to a third dps so someone deals with the Pharah and the game doesn't go straight to the dumpster.

exYle

If Genji is getting any nerf at all, I don't think it should be anything other than his ult. Perhaps its range, or duration. Everything else about his character is balanced.

LiK

Last game Zen and me on Zarya were the only ones to touch Pharah, with our Soldier doing who knows what all match. 60+ Soldier/McCree spammers, yet unable to ever look up when we're losing the game to her alone. Wish I was exaggerating but I regularly have to switch from tank to a third dps so someone deals with the Pharah and the game doesn't go straight to the dumpster.

when i see an enemy Pharah dominate in Comp and the randoms who picked Soldier and McCree can't do shit, I just cry on the inside.

actually, I end up taking out the Pharah myself with my Junkrat. YES, my goddamn Junkrat can take out Pharahs.

I'm usually the only person playing Pharah, and people tend not to even pay attention to me unless I'm right in front of them. I took out a whole team on two occasions yesterday because of this. Sneaky Pharah.

Genji definitively positively needs a nerf. Not only is the ulti ridiculously stupid, but how is it that the most agile character in the entire game, with a deflect ability and a small hitbox, gets to have 200 HP? Now that's some bullshit right there.

I'm
very
salty right now, but still.
Because when they gave him 150 health in the beta, he was total garbage. 200 health is where he is stuck at.

Jarate

Banned
give him 100 health and 100 recharging shield instead

Genji is fine. Play Reaper, Pharah, McCree, Zarya, Winston, asnd all they can do is just hop around and run away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom