• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

Honestly I feel like if Gods was more comfortable with his supports/flex he might be better. The team looks crazy not confident in all of their engages. When they have a fight actually start off decently they do okay, but they're never on the same page to start the fight. If they get engaged on, they just fucking collapse while they're support/flex are standing around and Gods is out getting murdered on frontline.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
My overbuff profile seems like it broke. It's been up to date with my player level/icon but the stats are acting like I haven't played in 8 days or so and the comp rating is wrong.

Man, I don't know what I have to do in competitive anymore. I started the weekend at 62 and now I'm down to 56. It's like you're expected to carry the entire game on your shoulders to be allowed to move back up. Doesn't matter if you get 3 or 4 golds in a match, you're still heading down.

Nudull

Banned
Um, question; has going with an all-Bastion team when you're defending ever worked out for anyone?

And of course, they all switch when shit hits the fan.

ISOM

Man, I don't know what I have to do in competitive anymore. I started the weekend at 62 and now I'm down to 56. It's like you're expected to carry the entire game on your shoulders to be allowed to move back up.

Went from 60 to 55, the backslide is real. :(

And yeah my mindset right now is to try and carry harder. I don't know what else to do.

Nudull

Banned
Well, felt like giving Competitive another chance.

*Entire team leaves except for me, right out the gate*

...well, that's a mistake I won't be repeating.

I really mean it when I say that the average Competitive game is of no better quality than the average Quickplay game. Maybe if you grind your way into the 60s it gets better, but even in the 50s where I've been it's just a different level of shit with a whole pile of extra stress.

And sometimes I just want to get headshots with Hanzo, man, and that should be okay. :p

I really mean it when I say that the average Competitive game is of no better quality than the average Quickplay game. Maybe if you grind your way into the 60s it gets better, but even in the 50s where I've been it's just a different level of shit with a whole pile of extra stress.

And sometimes I just want to get headshots with Hanzo, man, and that should be okay. :p
You are wrong.

Veelk

Banned
To the people playing Zarya stupidly well, I just want to say you are cunts. Melting my entire team was funny the first time, not so much the fourth. Like, jesus christ. Stop. Please.

Today was horrible :(

I ended up getting rank 54 last night, my highest yet! :D

Today was just going down to 51 D:

But then I crawled my way back to 54 :D

At which point the Overwatch just kicked me in the balls, and in merely 3 matches, it smacked me right down to 52 again. D:

SisyphusGif.gif

I'm gonna stop for today. I'm afraid if I play anymore, it's going to get really made and put me down in the 40's, just to teach me a lesson.

Apathy

I know this is less likely than me winning the lottery while getting bitten by a shark as lightning hits me, but I really really hope that one day I'll turn on this game, get in a match with someone picking ana and not using her as a long range sniper

Jarate

Banned

-Don't have to deal with hero stacking
-Players generally play the point a lot more and "group up" better
-you will never be stuck with a team of 3 Genjis on defense
-teams are generally balanced around the meta, we usually get 2 dps, 2 tanks, 2 healers

I can't really find any negatives other then maybe there being more stress do to it being more important, but man, isn't that stress and the eventual struggle to win part of why we enjoy competition?

KraytarJ

I know this is less likely than me winning the lottery while getting bitten by a shark as lightning hits me, but I really really hope that one day I'll turn on this game, get in a match with someone picking ana and not using her as a long range sniper

I never play her like a sniper, and when I do teammates accidentally step in front of me without fail. Now when other people do you never know if its a support player trying out the new hotness of a Widow-kiddie trying to play the other sniper.

Syntax

Hopefully competitive rewards continue to be weapon skins and sprays. As long as that happens, I can enjoy the game without feeling like I need to hit a certain threshold.

I Sound Barrier a Reaper, who then dies 1v2 to a Reinhardt as I have my healing boost up.

Little shit then has the balls to flame ME ROFL

LiK

Well, being matched up with 3 other guys who suck really makes it feel horrible when you lose. Got stomped. Hope the next 3 ain't so bad.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
A D.Va and Reinhardt couple with gold weapons just carried my group so hard. O.O We were spawn camping the other team for 3 rounds of Nepal...

Is that even possible?

Placement matches after KOTH bug was fixed and with a group -> start in high 50s/mid 60s.

You guys sound like you're having great games.

Solo queue competitive is the most miserable experience possible, short of Dota2 solo ranked.

I'm still boggling at a sound-barriered Reaper who's also being amp healed 2v1 against a Reinhard dying and then trying to pass it off as the Lucio's fault

Salarians

Genji, buddy, maybe don't run off by yourself into the control point being guarded by six people?

Or do. It's fine, the rest of us aren't really trying to win or anything.

patchday

To the people playing Zarya stupidly well, I just want to say you are cunts. Melting my entire team was funny the first time, not so much the fourth. Like, jesus christ. Stop. Please.

Today was horrible :(

I ended up getting rank 54 last night, my highest yet! :D

Today was just going down to 51 D:

But then I crawled my way back to 54 :D

At which point the Overwatch just kicked me in the balls, and in merely 3 matches, it smacked me right down to 52 again. D:

I'm gonna stop for today. I'm afraid if I play anymore, it's going to get really made and put me down in the 40's, just to teach me a lesson.

Just wanted to say it feels good to the bottom of my heart to see you playing ranked. I know you felt forced into it due to hero stacking

Try hard not to worry bout the rank # you are at if you can help it. Most of us dont care if you're rank 80 or rank 10. Just keep having fun and squeeze every ounce out of it

I still havent played ranked yet myself but I think I'd like to try it soon for same reasons you have (escape hero stacking).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom