• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
One thing they should add to the game is clearly named spots on the map, and then float that up to the GUI somewhere, like CS:GO does it. Would make communication easier.

Nimby

Banned
Attack Symmetra is lots of fun, love setting her tele up behind enemy lines and surprising them. This seems like it should be a viable strat but she's so weak it doesn't see use. Don't worry, I only do this in quick play :p

I think a good buff for her is to literally make her Anti-Zenyatta. Give her shields more utility, rather than just +25 regenerative health, make them reduce the damage your allies take by half. And since they're not really any abilities that are generally used solely to remove debuffs, I'd like to see her shields get rid status effects like Discord, Ana's heal denial, and Widow's poison, etc. Give her cooldown in between shields so it isn't as daunting as it sounds, and just completely scrap the idea of what her shields do now. Surely that would make her viable, and now she wouldn't just be a niche pseudo-support hero.

I would also like to see her damage or range increased, a speedier alt fire, and a more durable teleporter.

Salarians

Playing as Lucio, standing behind a Reinhardt, firing at a grounded Pharah from behind his shield. He turns and runs off and I get a rocket in my face.

Roubjon

CpS_yj1UkAABPy-.jpg:large

Yay, I somehow weaseled my way into there on PS4!

xaosslug

Attack Symmetra is lots of fun, love setting her tele up behind enemy lines and surprising them. This seems like it should be a viable strat but she's so weak it doesn't see use. Don't worry, I only do this in quick play :p

I think a good buff for her is to literally make her Anti-Zenyatta. Give her shields more utility, rather than just +25 regenerative health, make them reduce the damage your allies take by half. And since they're not really any abilities that are generally used solely to remove debuffs, I'd like to see her shields get rid status effects like Discord, Ana's heal denial, and Widow's poison, etc. Give her cooldown in between shields so it isn't as daunting as it sounds, and just completely scrap the idea of what her shields do now. Surely that would make her viable, and now she wouldn't just be a niche pseudo-support hero.

I would also like to see her damage or range increased, a speedier alt fire, and a more durable teleporter.

she also lacks mobility, which makes it super hard. :/ It's good times, tho. I love doing it on Anubis + Volskaya. I've done it tho, w/ great success. Attack Torb was also awesome, but now that his turret is poop once peeps know you're there, unless you have a Molten Core o pop you're DONE. -__-

i feel like the best way to 'buff' Symm would be to make all 6 of her turrets instantly available, perhaps even make 'em point & plant (one button, no need for 2).

yup, do this all the time. xD

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, flicking is so weird.

Like, I'm pretty sure I miss 70% of my flick shots but then I nail that jumping genji and I'm like "My subconscious is weeeeeird"

Roubjon

Whats your role? About to go play with a friend and hes a zen and im a dps, soo (assuming it's not another DPS unless I can get my tank friend) wanna join maybe? XD

I play basically everything. I prefer being Tracer / D.Va / Lucio, but I'm also Pharah, Mei and Bastion. Whatever it seems like the team needs I'm there.

Anne

I don't get what happened to them, they went from being a top 5 team to total garbage since they joined Shaq.

Every time NRG buys a team, they suddenly become completely awful. Shaq is still eating karma for Kazaam.

(his LCS team lost their spot this weekend too)

Roubjon

Just discussing how to get top 500 here and see this lmao
At least I got top 100 Lucio to fall back on I guess... 😭

I won three games in a row and got to rank 74.95 and that's when I finally broke in. Yeah, it's like everyone is saying. It's necessary to keep that win / loss ratio up there.

Nimby

Banned
she also lacks mobility, which makes it super hard. :/ It's good times, tho. I love doing it on Anubis + Volskaya. I've done it tho, w/ great success. Attack Torb was also awesome, but now that his turret is poop once peeps know you're there, unless you have a Molten Core o pop you're DONE. -__-

i feel like the best way to 'buff' Symm would be to make all 6 of her turrets instantly available, perhaps even make 'em point & plant (one button, no need for 2).

I agree, it's kinda awkward waiting for your turrets to charge up when you basically have enough time to get all 6 turrets placed seconds after the match starts. For the sake of convenience, this seems like a no-brainer.

I think she needs a little more revamp though, I really like the shield thing I came up with, and want her to be a support that protects allies in ways other than healing.

Syntax

Want to play competitive but really dislike Zenyatta + Lucio meta. Guess I'll just sit this out until next season.

Assuming more balance changes are coming with the competitive changes.

Jellie

Haha, added.

Yeah sure. Send an invite to Roubjon.

Also my winrate isn't crazy or anything, it's only 53%. I've just definitely been improving as time goes on.
Do you have a link to your masteroverwatch/overbuff.
Kinda wanna look at your stats for Dva and Lucio if you don't mind.
My w/l is 61.4% but I've only played 50 games or so. Probably not large enough sample size yet.

psyfi

Banned
Because the POTG is supposed to be game changing thing and who cares if the losing team gets a 5 man when they lost anyways and it didn't matter in the long run. At least a winning team play means something in the long run.
Ehhh, can't say I agree. If someone on the other team had a truly impressive play, their eventual loss doesn't make it any less impressive.

Seagull might want to consider focusing of streaming. I don't see him and the team winning any tournaments. Every other team has stepped up their game too much

I agree, Dude makes way more money streaming and it's painfully obvious his friends are miles worse than other players.

Syntax

Thought POTG was just supposed to be an impressive display of skill or an important achievement. Don't think it's meant as the game-winning play.

I realize in practice it's number of kills / rez with bonus points if they're near an objective.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Eh, Gods is too inconsistent to be considered a strong link for them. If he was actually consistent, he could be really good, but otherwise, meh.

I disagree, he played very well the last few matches, especially when he's on McCree, those ults tho

it's the other 3 that drag the team down imo.

More often than not Gods is either deleted from existence early on or just ineffective. Dude has never recovered from the Widow nerf.

The best other player on the team IMO is Milo but he gets left for dead as a Rein so many times it isn't even funny. Not to mention their revolving door at support and Enigma doing WTF Enigma mistakes at times.

Gods did nothing the last 2 matches just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom