• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
Okay, there are clearly some days that the game simply does not want me to be happy, and it's as simple as that.
wtzgU.gif

Ertai

Finally some good games tonight, a bit of a shame we lost with a streak of 3 but nevertheless I finished on rank 59. Hit 60 and should've quit then but alas.

xaosslug

it's real hard out here for a D.Va, these days. u__u It seems like w/ the flood of D.Va use there's been an influx of Zarya use to try and counder her. Sheeeeet. -__-

Wasn't me.

Besides, I feel like I'm probably the only person in here that plays on Xbox One, anyway.

lol, I was just messing bro.

it's real hard out here for a D.Va, these days. u__u It seems like w/ the flood of D.Va use there's been an influx of Zarya use to try and counder her. Sheeeeet. -__-

Less about countering D.Va specifically and more about Zarya being a fantastic secondary tank with massive utility. Her ult and bubbles are amazing. A lot of top competitive teams pick Zarya quite a bit.

finalflame

Having an enemy Zarya that goes unchecked as D.Va is my only real weakness. If my team is on it and can discord the Zarya/focus her down, I thrive to 3-4 gold medals per round. But when the enemy Zarya is going unchecked and focusing me, I need to switch off D.Va or risk being useless.

Roubjon

I've never had to work so hard to get to a rank. Rank 75 is so close but I always lose during that last game. I need to break through.

xaosslug

Less about countering D.Va specifically and more about Zarya being a fantastic secondary tank with massive utility. Her ult and bubbles are amazing. A lot of top competitive teams pick Zarya quite a bit.

i guess, but I never saw Zarya as much in QP as I do these days. She's literally been in every match. Peeps even switch to her. Or stack her. Between Zarya and Zenny it's been a nightmare playing D.Va. T__T

Having an enemy Zarya that goes unchecked as D.Va is my only real weakness. If my team is on it and can discord the Zarya/focus her down, I thrive to 3-4 gold medals per round. But when the enemy Zarya is going unchecked and focusing me, I need to switch off D.Va or risk being useless.

pretty much. I'm trying to learn Zarya, but it's difficult for me because she has like zero mobility. .

Jellie

Few questions about top 500.
Is it based of hidden MMR or rank and if MMR is there a way to tell if you're nearing the top 500?.
If rank does anyone know around what rank it is on PS4?
Lastly how viable is it getting top 500 in solo queue playing as Lucio?

Prelude.

Hopefully when this season will end competitive won't be greyed out. I kinda need those rules to keep playing, QP can be such a shithole.

Crzy1

As a Zarya, D.Va is my favorite teammate.
Ugh, hate trying to play Zarya with DVA. She eats all the damage that could be charging my gun. I'd take Reinhardt any day over her in that regard, since he builds charge even when using his shield.

finalflame

Ugh, hate trying to play Zarya with DVA. She eats all the damage that could be charging my gun. I'd take Reinhardt any day over her in that regard, since he builds charge even when using his shield.

Wait, does Rein build Zarya charge if he's bubbled while people are shooting at his shield?

Wait, does Rein build Zarya charge if he's bubbled while people are shooting at his shield?

As far as I've seen, yes, but only if they're shooting at where the bubble pokes out from behind the shield so mixed results. Usually when I'm Zarya, I'll wait until the Rein charges in and is swinging his hammer around before popping the bubble on him.

Few questions about top 500.
Is it based of hidden MMR or rank and if MMR is there a way to tell if you're nearing the top 500?.
If rank does anyone know around what rank it is on PS4?
Lastly how viable is it getting top 500 in solo queue playing as Lucio?
Not rank, it's a hidden MMR. I've seen people who are a higher rank than me, but they're not top 500 while I am.

I need to find a YouTube guide or read a FAQ for Zarya.

Her abilities intrigue me, but I've played all of one match with her and felt completely useless and inept.

finalflame

Her abilities intrigue me, but I've played all of one match with her and felt completely useless and inept.

Yah, same. I feel her bubbles require extremely good situational awareness to use well, and you really need to get used to the trajectory for her bubbles to play an effective Zarya. Her ult, when combo'd, however, is beast.

When you were near top 500 were you playing against top 500s often? Apparently it's mainly DPS class only so that might be a problem for me.
Very rarely. I mostly got other top 500 when I was in top 500. I think I am currently on the edge of it since I just lost it a couple matches ago and I ain't getting any T500s.

Although that could just be dumb luck as I was(obviously) getting put up against non top 500s as a top 500, so it's definitely possible.

Ertai

I'd like to know what best to use to counter her. We had a team that swapped halfway when we were pushing the payload in King's Row and she was causing huge problems for our team. She was bunched up with Junkrat, D.Va and a Mercy as well making it really hard to isolate and kill her. Nevermind taking out her teammates as she would shield them as well.

Jellie

Very rarely. I mostly got other top 500 when I was in top 500. I think I am currently on the edge of it since I just lost it a couple matches ago and I ain't getting any T500s.
Is there any signs that you are close? Longer queue times or anything similar?
Also were you DPS?

I'd like to know what best to use to counter her. We had a team that swapped halfway when we were pushing the payload in King's Row and she was causing huge problems for our team. She was bunched up with Junkrat, D.Va and a Mercy as well making it really hard to isolate and kill her. Nevermind taking out her teammates as she would shield them as well.
Reaper is generally the best way to take her out, but countering her is more working together with teammates than picking a specific character, but if you were, Reaper is your best choice.

Is there any signs that you are close? Longer queue times or anything similar?
Also were you DPS?
No signs whatsoever. Although I seem to get it back at 72. So if you ever get it, then lose it, you might get it back at the same place you got it before.

I'm pretty much 75% tank, 15% support, 10% DPS, so I don't think it favors DPS, but it might.

No shame in the shameful double post.

Soulflarz

Banned
No signs whatsoever. Although I seem to get it back at 72. So if you ever get it, then lose it, you might get it back at the same place you got it before.

I'm pretty much 75% tank, 15% support, 10% DPS, so I don't think it favors DPS, but it might.

. no signs
i logged on and had it at 150 when it started
was 400 when i took a break
didn't have it on returning, was 400 when I won a match

etc etc

I'm really curious what the hell it's tracking.

Also you're eligible if you're only a 60. You can feasably by a 60 and top 500, so if you're 60, you only should aim for that, who cares about the 300 cp :3

I say aim for that but guys I have no idea how you get top 500 lol. The closest thing to a sign is if you were say, close and rank 60, a loss wouldn't touch your rank, and any form of win up to 70s would be a whole rank. I was going whole rank till 76, and when I went on a losing streak, it only took 2 games to get back on track. \o/

Jellie

I just want it for the spray and icon so once I get it I don't care if I drop. Hopefully it's more of an average score and not total score as I've only done 10 hours of competitive as don't really have a regular group of people to play with. I think most top 500 are DPS so you might be a small exception.

I mean, I would assume it's tracking individual skilł, with win/loss tied in there, but who the fuck knows. I wish they would come out and explain the algorithm, it if they are looking into changing it, no reason to explain it until they settle on what they plan to do. Who cares though, we get a special spray :)

Edit: yeah, I might start checking the career profiles of other top 500s to see what they play to get a general consensus on who gets it the most.

I just want it for the spray and icon so once I get it I don't care if I drop. Hopefully it's more of an average score and not total score as I've only done 10 hours of competitive as don't really have a regular group of people to play with. I think most top 500 are DPS so you might be a small exception.
I mean, it might just be a coincidence that there a lot of top 500 DPS, that a lot of the best players are DPS players, but it could favor DPS, but I don't know.

It's too much work trying to figure out how any of this shit works.

Soulflarz

Banned

Pretty sure most I've seen actually are spread out. I think DPS gets a mild advantage because solo queue is able to be carried if you can teamwipe

And yep way too much work. We've already talked for hours in the past as a thread about the rank system. It's very internal mmr based, all we know, I give up, etc.

Jellie

. no signs
i logged on and had it at 150 when it started
was 400 when i took a break
didn't have it on returning, was 400 when I won a match

etc etc

I'm really curious what the hell it's tracking.

Also you're eligible if you're only a 60. You can feasably by a 60 and top 500, so if you're 60, you only should aim for that, who cares about the 300 cp :3

I say aim for that but guys I have no idea how you get top 500 lol. The closest thing to a sign is if you were say, close and rank 60, a loss wouldn't touch your rank, and any form of win up to 70s would be a whole rank. I was going whole rank till 76, and when I went on a losing streak, it only took 2 games to get back on track. o/
When playing in a group of top 500s I would lose half of a bar (not half a rank) but if we win would gain 4.5 bars usually but in figured it was due to higher opponents. After that I've solo queued and gain about 3-4 bars per win and lose 1.5-2 bars.

Soulflarz

Banned
When playing in a group of top 500s I would lose half of a bar (not half a rank) but if we win would gain 4.5 bars usually but in figured it was due to higher opponents. After that I've solo queued and gain about 3-4 bars per win and lose 1.5-2 bars.

Nah the game doesn't care on your opponent in that sense, just for your internal MMR. Your internal MMR is higher than your SR, keep winning on harder guys to get an even bigger offset to make it easier to rank!

xaosslug

a semi-skilled Mei that makes it her business to keep Zarya in check can all but stop any momentum a good Zarya makes w/ her charge, and outright kill her every time. Mei can also be bad news for D.Va, too. But any decent D.Va would just boost out of there, leaving Junkrat & Zarya alone... If Junkrat's got his trap + mine handy, it won't be so easy for Mei, otherwise Mei could take 'em both out.

Anne

Yeah, your internal MMR is also heavily based on W/L. The goal is to make your W/L, MMr, and SR all line up at a 50% winrate. Most games will give you boosted MMR if you have a large winrate margin ahead of 50%. Once you get to around 50% things tend to level out.

It works the opposite too. If your winrate is lower than 50%, you get boosted mmr losses until it evens out your SR/MMR.

Soulflarz

Banned
Yeah, your internal MMR is also heavily based on W/L. The goal is to make your W/L, MMr, and SR all line up at a 50% winrate. Most games will give you boosted MMR if you have a large winrate margin ahead of 50%. Once you get to around 50% things tend to level out.

It works the opposite too. If your winrate is lower than 50%, you get boosted mmr losses until it evens out your SR/MMR.

Internal MMR is basically "how well you did" "how many wins/losses"

streaks aren't a thing afaik, other than the fact theyre constant mmr boosts lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom