• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

The only way to consistently rise in rank is to accept the fact that win/lose streaks happen in short term and the accurate rank is only achieved in long term. The less you are raging to your teammates the better your chances are of winning EVEN IF THEY PICK SYMMETRIA IN ATTACK. No matter how dumb the pick or the play, raging will not help them (they won't listen) or you (you will only get mad).

I went from 40 to 58. I have lived through hell.

ohkay

As much as competitive can anger me at times, it's what mainly keeps me coming back. I normally lose interest in most multiplayer fps games after a month or two, but I'm still very much drawn to Overwatch

caesar

Banned
The only way to consistently rise in rank is to accept the fact that win/lose streaks happen in short term and the accurate rank is only achieved in long term. The less you are raging to your teammates the better your chances are of winning EVEN IF THEY PICK SYMMETRIA IN ATTACK. No matter how dumb the pick or the play, raging will not help them (they won't listen) or you (you will only get mad).

46 to 60 here. If you really are better ypu will climb but yeah, painful as shit.

NimbusD

this god damn game. I'm never going to get out of the 30s. Keep pulling my way back up to 40s, but all it takes is a couple bad games in a row and the 30s just sucks you down once you're there.

Just completely wrecking a koth game, 'guaranteed' win. enemy team switches one player to bastion, and my team REFUSES to pay attention to it. So of course we get ripped to shreds. I was like pleading by the end to not be the only one going after the bastion to no avail. Crazy how people who are otherwise decent can just like be so horrible when one tiny obstacle is stuck in their way.

Ahh, ok just need to vent somewhere. I try to stay nice during the games so I have to let it out somewhere.

Yeah I've been practicing this approach. Be nice, give advice but don't demand anything, and never give up. Generally playing much better matches, and getting a better amount of people to do smart things like NOT run up in front of the choke point on defense to trade 1-1 if you're lucky cuz you're 1 against 6.

but still keep getting sucked down when I get near the 30's which is just a shit show. Just hoping for the long term to eventually rise above that once and for all.

Mutombo

Haha, I am not a raging person, but even I can't help but cuss some words at the screen when I see plays like this. I don't care if a player is bad, but at least try to play smart.

Or when the defending team is playing it safe and hiding behind the capture point, when they should instead be in front of it, because, you know, the attackers can just keep on moving the payload until it reaches the check point.

Soulflarz

Banned

Yes.
Jeez, people need to realize this. You can say in your chat midmatch with friends, but don't go ranting after the match or anything, it can ruin OW so fast.

Odrion

Banned
soldier 76's "you want a medal?" from the summer games event is preeeeeetty good when spammed

all I want now is reaper's "it's in the refrigerator" line

Watching the tournament while I work on a couple articles and I keep getting distracted by IDDQ's ungodly plays. This man is a monster. Strong player pool, obscene aim, excellent game sense. The games where he played Tracer? Absolutely perfect. For all the love Seagull, Surefour, and even Gods get from the fanbase, I can't help but feel IDDQD might actually be the most dominant Overwatch pro right now. Honest.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I got disconnected from a game, managed to rejoin. And then when we won instead of rank it showed my placement match record.

???

You aren't allowed to leave the game, you get marked as a leaver and don't get shit.

Watching the tournament while I work on a couple articles and I keep getting distracted by IDDQ's ungodly plays. This man is a monster. For all the love Seagull, Surefour, and even Gods get from the fanbase, I can't help but feel IDDQD might actually be the most dominant Overwatch pro right now. Honest.

Yeah he played extremely well last night.

Auctopus

The more I play Zarya, the more I love her. I played her early on in the game but it's only recently I've tried to get good at her. She feels like a game-changer i.e. I feel like I can control the match with her, especially on Payload.

Reached a new high with level 58. Took me two weeks to gain 10 levels.

Comp with strangers is a huge hit or miss. If one player decides to troll or choose a shitty hero then you almost always lose.

Hellix

Uuugh, I made it to 59.95, then stuck in 57-59 hell for the following 5 hours until I quit at 58. I just want to get 60 and be done with this season.

I just accept the fact that I will lose the match once someone starts raging. The team morale just drops and rarely recovers.

Kamion

And once again. We're on attack, it's 5v5 at the point right now. I kill three people as Tracer and die. As soon as I die NO ONE is on the point, the other 4 just shoot at the point while people defend it.

If there's just one thing I want people to learn: Fuck your kills. Get on the point. Kills don't matter.

I'd just never play Quick Play again but I'm too scared to lose my rank haha... Also I want to learn Tracer.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
And once again. We're on attack, it's 5v5 at the point right now. I kill three people as Tracer and die. As soon as I die NO ONE is on the point, the other 4 just shoot at the point while people defend it.

If there's just one thing I want people to learn: Fuck your kills. Get on the point. Kills don't matter.

I'd just never play Quick Play again but I'm too scared to lose my rank haha... Also I want to learn Tracer.

The amount of times I've seen people blow overtime by going off the point chasing someone and having it deplete instantly is actually insane.

The worst part is when your team pushes forward too much while defending and a tracer or a genji from the enemy team pushed the payload while your team hunts for kills.

Kamion

The amount of times I've seen people blow overtime by going off the point chasing someone and having it deplete instantly is actually insane.

Yeah, Overtime is bad. King of the Hill is worse.

I just had a game where I was on the point for like 2 minutes as Tracer with 2 people from the enemy team and wondered why no one was coming. I die and Death Cam shows that my team is very much present, just off the point, chasing people around.

Sigh.

Playing with a full group usually doesn't go well for me, but the group I played with today was pretty great. The Genji main of the group is ridiculous. One of the best I've seen. Nice to have one of those consistently on my side lol

Soulflarz

Banned
Wait last week Junkrat wasn't F tier and was only a D-tier-at-best?

No, meta, stop.

Hilarious that there's literally no A tier in this game at the moment because of how wide the gap is with a zen+lucio combo, according to the fairly great analyst at overbuff.

Ertai

Reaper is generally the best way to take her out, but countering her is more working together with teammates than picking a specific character, but if you were, Reaper is your best choice.

a semi-skilled Mei that makes it her business to keep Zarya in check can all but stop any momentum a good Zarya makes w/ her charge, and outright kill her every time. Mei can also be bad news for D.Va, too. But any decent D.Va would just boost out of there, leaving Junkrat & Zarya alone... If Junkrat's got his trap + mine handy, it won't be so easy for Mei, otherwise Mei could take 'em both out.

Thanks guys, gonna try this out next time

RemiLP

Watching the tournament while I work on a couple articles and I keep getting distracted by IDDQ's ungodly plays. This man is a monster. Strong player pool, obscene aim, excellent game sense. The games where he played Tracer? Absolutely perfect. For all the love Seagull, Surefour, and even Gods get from the fanbase, I can't help but feel IDDQD might actually be the most dominant Overwatch pro right now. Honest.

What team is he on?

Kito

EVEN IF THEY PICK SYMMETRIA IN ATTACK.

Attack Symmetras against the Reinhardt+Bastion combo are legit though.

Energy balls are the only thing that can kill or displace Bastion without first having to break Rein's shield, or create an impossiblly coordinated attack with pubs, which saves invaluable time. I've seen Pharahs switch to Sym to take out Bastion quick in this way, and I do it very often myself.

It's a shame that Sym has become perceived as a troll pick on anything other than point A defence. It can create problems like the team switching to 3 snipers or Mercy not healing you because they don't think you're serious, but it doesn't happen that much thankfully.

zoukka

Energy balls are the only thing that can kill or displace Bastion without first having to break Rein's shield, or create an impossiblly coordinated attack with pubs, which saves invaluable time. I've seen Pharahs switch to Sym to take out Bastion quick in this way, and I do it very often myself.

Err I don't think you can outdamage a bastion being healed with one symmetra. Like not even close.

Oh fuck off competitive, I'm done with your shit. Never again.

Thanks for having me back Quick Play, you're like a comfy old chair. Not too pretty to look at, but you're reliable, and comfy.

Soulflarz

Banned
Oh fuck off competitive, I'm done with your shit. Never again.

Thanks for having me back Quick Play, you're like a comfy old chair. Not too pretty to look at, but you're reliable, and comfy.

Raging at a game doesn't help improve your situation. Quick play is even worse, the difference is your MMR is hidden so you don't have to feel good or bad.

Kito

Discord into speedboosted assault, you'll never see a Bastion again.
Bastions a bad character.

That works with groups but rarely in solo queue.

Err I don't think you can outdamage a bastion being healed with one symmetra. Like not even close.

One energy ball almost halves his HP and Bastions panic when they lose even 100 health. Regarding healing, I'm assuming both teams have a healer lol.

I've figured out why Zen is so good in solo competitive: he makes your bad teammates better with a simple discord. They feel OP and you know they suck but it doesn't matter because discord op.

Loving Tracer in this new 65-70 meta.

Junkrat is gone.
Genji can't kill her.
Zen might get a lucky discord + headshot occasionally. But usually you beat him.
Always been great against Lucio.
Get behind Reinhardt and he freaks the hell out and has to turn around or die.
Reaper and her are pretty evenly matched but chasing down a weak wraith form Reaper as Tracer is great.
Not exactly a counter to Zarya, but effective against her.
Bait one flash bang and McCree gets melted.

Maybe it was just a some good matches but I was playing doing great with her today. And the 'better' the enemy team comp the more effective I felt. Those guys just can't deal with her at all.

Raging at a game doesn't help improve your situation. Quick play is even worse, the difference is your MMR is hidden so you don't have to feel good or bad.

Sure it does, it stops me from playing it ever again. I'd call that an improvement. For the sake of my sanity and enjoyment at least.

Quick play is a mess, but it gives me what I want.

Mutombo

I just had a match as Mercy, where we were doing fine on a Payload attack map, until a defensive lucio decided to dance on the payload.

Nobody was able to take him out. He was dancing on the payload for half a bloody minute.

I was playing with level 25 unranked players. I really should get higher.

zoukka

One energy ball almost halves his HP and Bastions panic when they lose even 100 health. Regarding healing, I'm assuming both teams have a healer lol.

You don't panic when you see the slow ass symmetra ball approaching. And it's not like the Rein can just step to absorb it.

It's a silly counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom