• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellie

When I play as Mr. Roboto, I feel incredibly calm & controlled in any given situation. Zenyatta is a peaceful character with a soothing voice, so it helps me focus on duel healing my allies & DPSing the stupid Genji's & tanks that want to wreck my shit.

I feel fortunate that I have the Olympian skins that I wanted, as I keep reading horror stories of players either getting duplicates or sprays for their daily loot crates. The Brazillian football uniform fits Lucio much better than the generic white one, for sure.
I also got the generic tracer skin. Even though I don't play her, the GB skin is my most wanted followed by Lucio Brazilian.

Blues1990

Have to say this is the most frustrating thing about Competitive for me. I'm more than happy for people to pick whatever hero they want but you've GOT to be playing the objective.

It's heartbreaking the amount of times I've lost matches in Overtime simply because the one or two players that were on the objective just ran away from it when under no threat at all.

Surely by Level 25 you would have an idea of how the game works?

I had played with a Hanzo player (who was level 99) & all he did was either sit at his perch & "sniped" anything that came to his FOV or be an armchair commander & demanded us to do what we were told. The problem, is that he missed every shot he fired. (Couldn't tell if it was deliberate or not.)

Hell, he missed firing his ult at the control point. When he was basically in front of the enemy team. And he blamed everyone else for not pulling their weight.

A number means nothing, as you will still have ignorant weekend warriors being a waste of space.

We are clearly not normal people here.

Competitive is a longer version of quick play and at least you can leave more after attack/defense if you cbf. Plus MMR should put you in decent enough games ( I run into 50-60s in QP) troll picks aside. The format is a salt factory

Purple coins man.

Also man I've been having the worst luck in QP. Granted I'm also using it to practice mccree but some of these teams....

Stick with McCree til you're the last McCree standing.

I think if they just put the body shot damage back where it was it would be fine. There's really no need for it to be that low anymore what with Zen getting a significant health buff, and that's mostly who it was about. That means that the only person who will die from full health from a body shot from Widow is Tracer, and it would have to be an extraordinarily good Widow or an extraordinarily poor Tracer for that to happen.

The nerf to quickscoping was worse for Widow than the reduction in body shot damage, but regardless I still think she's good, you just need to hit headshots. She can take out every character that isn't a tank or Bastion in 1 shot, no damage fall off and her grapple lets her get to areas most other characters can't reach. I think shes better than Mcree and most of the defensive characters

The nerf to quickscoping was worse for Widow than the reduction in body shot damage, but regardless I still think she's good, you just need to hit headshots. She can take out every character that isn't a tank or Bastion in 1 shot, no damage fall off and her grapple lets her get to areas most other characters can't reach. I think shes better than Mcree and most of the defensive characters

Getting headshots is way easier said than done, especially on console.

The most annoying feeling as a Genji player is solo wiping a team and have your team kind of mosey over to the point after doing lord knows what, then they get wiped by respawns.

I hate when I see my team kill 3-4 people and yet they can't get their shit together to capture anything. If we have that kind of numerical advantage we should be able to take a point.

Why do people run away from the point the second they've captured it? If we stay as a group and protect it, it will be a lot fucking harder for us to lose it.

Just had a game on Nepal where we capture the point first in every round, then I just watched in amazement as I, Lucio, was left to battle for myself whilst everyone else went running towards the opposition's spawn point. It didn't take long for them to over power us, gain control of the point and keep it locked down. Three fucking times that happened! THREE!

And Junkrat, you pissy little Aussie fuck! Go stand on the objective. Why does dying in overtime worry you so much, you explosive arsehole!

It's really ridiculous how teams for some reason think spawn camping/pressure is a good strategy. And it always feels like when teams do it against my team, they can't get their shit together and just run one by one into the meat grinder. But when my team does it, suddenly I'm by myself on the point defending against five enemies who just destroyed the rest of my team.

The only time I ever get close to the spawn point is if I'm Tracer and we already have the point, and I try to keep as much of the enemy team busy and fighting away from the point as possible.

LiK

They applied the PC nerf to the console versions and lowered her bodyshot damage, even though she was one of the least effective characters on console. They should probably at least reverse that nerf to make her even remotely viable.

I think if they just put the body shot damage back where it was it would be fine. There's really no need for it to be that low anymore what with Zen getting a significant health buff, and that's mostly who it was about. That means that the only person who will die from full health from a body shot from Widow is Tracer, and it would have to be an extraordinarily good Widow or an extraordinarily poor Tracer for that to happen.

The nerf didn't seem to affect the really good Widows I played against in Comp. Altho, she was still useless at keeping the objective even tho she was killing us good. Altho I do admit a good Widow on console is a rarity.

The only time I ever get close to the spawn point is if I'm Tracer and we already have the point, and I try to keep as much of the enemy team busy and fighting away from the point as possible.

Yea, Tracer and Genji should be the main Heroes who should camp spawn and distract the teams, imo.

Getting headshots is way easier said than done, especially on console.
^

I agree that she is probably fine on PC, but it is incredibly difficult getting headshots on console, especially with the speed 50% of the cast in this game moves at.

^

I agree that she is probably fine on PC, but it is incredibly difficult getting headshots on console, especially with the speed 50% of the cast in this game moves at.

I'm playing on console though. If it was easier to get headshots then she would be overpowered, they need it to be a bit more difficult to stop her from just shutting down everyone

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Have someone play Winston to counter him. Even if you're not a great Winston player, he usually scares away a good Genji player. We were losing in Comp to a good Genji until I switched to Winston with my main goal of fucking up that Genji. Worked well.

alright cool.

got it.
I'm doing the team-wiping lol. I'm just at like 20 HP afterwards and need to lick my wounds, but just happen to either be alone on the point or my team is still stuck at choke (being guarded by no one).

I'm playing on console though. If it was easier to get headshots then she would be overpowered, they need it to be a bit more difficult to stop her from just shutting down everyone

She was kept in check before by 99% of people being awful with her. I don't think the 1% that make it work are worth balancing the game around.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't get leavers who leave when the game isn't even close to being lost.

Like, why.

If your internet is shitty, don't play ranked.

Like, why.

My internet is usually totally fine, but sometimes it just decides it doesn't feel like working anymore for no apparent reason. Also, power outages.

But these are rare occurrences and probably not what you're referring to.

LiK

I'm doing the team-wiping lol. I'm just at like 20 HP afterwards and need to lick my wounds, but just happen to either be alone on the point or my team is still stuck at choke (being guarded by no one).

oh, i misread your post.

Like, why.

Indeed, leaving when you're losing is obvious. leaving/disconnecting when you're winning is the worst feeling cuz you know you would win if that guy didn't drop. sometimes you hope they reconnect but they don't.

Indeed, leaving when you're losing is obvious. leaving/disconnecting when you're winning is the worst feeling cuz you know you would win if that guy didn't drop. sometimes you hope they reconnect but they don't.

I've had a couple times where someone in my group dropped and didn't rejoin because they thought they were locked out, so I wonder how many people just don't know they can rejoin.

Anne

At SR70+ on PC every game I go into players willingly scrap their entire initial comp in order to set something up with Lucio/Zen. Everybody is actually coordinated enough at this level to make this work and it's getting out of hand :<

On another note it's fun doing a speedboosted Reaper ult with a Zarya shield on you in those games. The fact we can pull that off is amazing too.

Antiwhippy

Funny thing is that the guy rejoined, but then dropped out after.

So either his internet is really shitty or he accidentally rejoined when he didn't want to.

Also apparently the game thought I was winning too much because I got someone who left when the game wasn't close to losing and also another one where a guy just raged for no reason and deliberately trolled the whole match.

So that's pretty great.

LiK

Speaking of randoms, there was a guy last night who kept spamming "Thanks" while we were losing. I did my usual spamming of "Understood" in reply and that actually ticked him off. He ended up punching me at spawn which made me laugh. We eventually came back from a 0-2 deficit and won 3 straight rounds to win it all. Guess he felt better afterwards, lol.

Antiwhippy

Sigh, started well tonight, but then ended with those aforementioned 2 matches, and another one where our reinhardt won't. Stop. Fucking. Charging. In. 1. Vs. 6. Even though I asked him to stop please.

Seriously, what compels these kind of people to play reinhardt?

Do they not learn the 100th time they died?

If you want to do that at least pick winston.

Permanently A

Like, why.

My internet is actually great (NYC), but the one day I actually managed to get a group of people to play with it dropped 4 times. I was incredibly pissed and felt horrible about it.

Antiwhippy

Wouldn't you stop after the first or 2nd drop though? Especially seeing that you do lose ranks for it don't you?

Today was pretty frustrating though, because I felt like the 3 games I did lose were for reasons that weren't anything I could help with (people dropping, people trolling ranked, and a reinhardt who almost seems to be trying to feed the other team). Just luck of the draw I guess, but my WR at the end of the day is 50%.

Like, I don't mind losing usually, but not through those ways.

Wouldn't you stop after the first or 2nd drop though? Especially seeing that you do lose ranks for it don't you?

Today was pretty frustrating though, because I felt like the 3 games I did lose were for reasons that weren't anything I could help with (people dropping, people trolling ranked, and a reinhardt who almost seems to be trying to feed the other team). Just luck of the draw I guess, but my WR at the end of the day is 50%.

Like, I don't mind losing usually, but not through those ways.

I think you only lose rank for the first drop. Plus, you won't get any XP without rejoining.

Striker Lucio got. So that's one skin for each Zarya, Tracer and Lucio. Wish I'd gotten the other Tracer but I'm fine with the others.

I stand by red Zarya > white. Like it's not even close

billeh

Someone has to put an end to Lucio and Zen's reign of terror.

Like, Lucio is my primary and I would gladly take one for the team, here.

Kurita

I don't think I played a QP game ever since Comp's introduction
Can't go back to hero stacking and joining games in progress

2-7, I give up.

NMS just needs to come out already.

KyleCross

Speaking of randoms, there was a guy last night who kept spamming "Thanks" while we were losing. I did my usual spamming of "Understood" in reply and that actually ticked him off. He ended up punching me at spawn which made me laugh. We eventually came back from a 0-2 deficit and won 3 straight rounds to win it all. Guess he felt better afterwards, lol.

Frustration is very real in this game. I don't spam "Thanks!" during the match, but during a bad match when DEFEAT shows up on screen I do. It's cool tho, I'm sure everyone thinks that is in a "GG" kinda way. XD

But yeah, save the venting for the end of the match. Because as bad as you and your team may be doing, you'll always do worse if you give up.

Azoor

Leveled 4 times today and got 3 legendary skins.

Red Zarya, Striker Lucio and... Widowmaker's Odette costume.

I got Tracer's orange hurdler skin earlier though.

LiK

Frustration is very real in this game. I don't spam "Thanks!" during the match, but during a bad match when DEFEAT shows up on screen I do. It's cool tho, I'm sure everyone thinks that is in a "GG" kinda way. XD

But yeah, save the venting for the end of the match. Because as bad as you and your team may be doing, you'll always do worse if you give up.

I'm glad he didn't give up. He was a shitty Winston and eventually switched to Zarya for the last 3 rounds which helped. Hope he learns to play his best hero instead for Comp.

LiK

Blizz needs to implment one hero limit for QP. Call it QP Plus mode or something. I can't stand hero stacking of any kind anymore.

Anne

Seagull was talking about the Genji balance stuff on stream for a second. Had some not so nice things to say about Zen/Lucio/McCree, while saying Genji is mostly okay and is just a good pubstomper. He did also point out that Genji's ult duration lasting longer than a Zen ult is pretty dumb and makes no sense.

Crzy1

I don't think I played a QP game ever since Comp's introduction
Can't go back to hero stacking and joining games in progress
Thought I was going to hate it, but after a couple of matches, I started having fun with it. The dynamic is completely different since wins and losses don't mean anything but +/-500 XP. Was starting to get to frustrated with comp, QP is a nice break.

I need help GAF, I have a friend who mashes the trigger when playing. I play on PS4. I have a friend who comes over and plays sometimes. Sometimes I let him borrow my PS4 so he can play at home. I've played 10x more than he has and it seems to me the only character that benefits is 76, as burst fire seems to have more distant accuracy. Outside of the annoyance of hearing the controller squeak, I'm afraid he's going to wear out the trigger. When I bring it up, he sounds certain it's benefiting all the characters he plays but 76 is the only one I've noticed. So, does burst fire/fanning actually help any other characters?

Defuser

Dear random team on KOTH Lijiang. You see that Lucio wallrunning on the central pillar constantly contesting the point and healing his teammates? SHOOT HIM DOWN! DON'T IGNORE HIM!!!!

Sincerely from Defuser,Duckroll and Fireeye.

I need help GAF, I have a friend who mashes the trigger when playing. I play on PS4. I have a friend who comes over and plays sometimes. Sometimes I let him borrow my PS4 so he can play at home. I've played 10x more than he has and it seems to me the only character that benefits is 76, as burst fire seems to have more distant accuracy. Outside of the annoyance of hearing the controller squeak, I'm afraid he's going to wear out the trigger. When I bring it up, he sounds certain it's benefiting all the characters he plays but 76 is the only one I've noticed. So, does burst fire/fanning actually help any other characters?

No one other than 76 benefits at all from that, and a couple of them do less damage if you do that.

Okay so guys, guys

What if we could get a Hawaiian Firedancing hero, maybe make him chubby but not Roadhog chubby (more like Bolin chubby)

So here we go

Left mouse click makes the fire dancer dude twirl his left hand's fire baton thing, chucking some fire in a short distance in front of him. His arm gets tired though so it needs recharging like D.Va's defense matrix. Make it block 50-75% damage from your left side while it twirls.

Right mouse click makes the fire dance dude twirl his right hand's fire baton thing like above. Same rules. You can twirl both arms for double damage but both your arms get tired and you may not have your fire twirler things when you need to recharge.

Make 'E' do a fire breathing cone in front of you or something.

Make 'Shift' make you dash ahead leaving a trail of coals.

And then make ultimate spew fire everywhere or something.

Ramirez

I don't think she needs a buff, shes pretty good where she is right now. Although they classify her as a defense hero she isn't all that good on defense, but on attack she's as good as any of the offence characters.

btw anyone know if the servers on PS4 are region locked like they are on PC?

Pretty good where she's at? Is that in the select stable because no one picks her? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom