• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I played a QP game ever since Comp's introduction
Can't go back to hero stacking and joining games in progress
After the last few sessions I've played in Quick Play, something about 3 McCree's that pack up together and all shoot in sync.
20160804154200_1.jpg
5 Ana's that have no idea what to do because that one Tracer kept on breaking their Sleep Dart chaining
Or a team of 5 Tracers on Numbani pushing the cart and refusing to switch after dying to 2 Torbjorns over and over again, maybe I should play some more Comp.

Kamion

Did they change something concerning Overtime respawns?

Because my timer was stuck at 0 seconds for 3 seconds (I counted). Maybe it was just lag.

BashNasty

aw, man. Peeps really think NMS will affect grouping up in OW? Sheeeeeet -___-

Not sure why people feel that way. I think NMS is going to have very minimal, if any, impact on grouping in Overwatch. Sure, there will be plenty who play both, but the games target different demographics.

Jellie

Would anybody on PS4 that is around 70 (like +/- 5 I guess) be up for duo/trio queuing? Preferably a DPS and a tank if possible.

Play Comp
Checks teamates picks
Friendly picks Widowmaker
Level 210

Me trying the positive person i am: hey he might be good

Does nothing but snipe outside the point for 3/4 of the match before switching to Soldier 76.

dOXWieG.gif

Why are people like this

Soulflarz

Banned
Re: Carrying.
I can only carry when playing with SR 40/50s friends or maybe low 60s.

You can't really carry that hard. Im sure some of the best in the world can but even then not all. So yeah...generally you aren't the sole reason your team won. A single great play that 'won the game for the team'=/='I carried them'

At SR70+ on PC every game I go into players willingly scrap their entire initial comp in order to set something up with Lucio/Zen. Everybody is actually coordinated enough at this level to make this work and it's getting out of hand :<

On another note it's fun doing a speedboosted Reaper ult with a Zarya shield on you in those games. The fact we can pull that off is amazing too.

Yeah, speedboosted reaper ult is ridiculous, I love it.

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm tired of playing DVa every game. She's a boring but necessary component of a decent team :(

Not anymore. People are really starting to doubt that since she has no full counter to a discord before shes completely wrecked (Zarya can barrier at the normal time and it's gone for free) and with Zarya being essential the ult being completely wasted fully charging your opponent is pretty awful.

Anne

You can carry with DPS in comp all the way through the 70s. It's not going to be the DPS wiping everybody every other second. It's going to look more like a DPS winning their 1v1s every fight as they start to snowball. The rest of the team snowballs from that advantage, etc.

"but Anne, what if my team can't snowball"

Then you're not killing the right people or making enough off your own snowball. If you're team is reasonably ranked and you can consistently pick 1-2 people at the start of each fight, you can make it happen. Sometimes you get unlucky and can't get the snowball going early or fuck it up. To climb you have to play enough to outweigh any of those unlucky losses until you get to the point you can't consistently force the carry.

Edit: I'll admit certain non-DPS chars can carry like Zen/Zarya, but they still have high damage & kill pressure.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Not anymore. People are really starting to doubt that since she has no full counter to a discord before shes completely wrecked (Zarya can barrier at the normal time and it's gone for free) and with Zarya being essential the ult being completely wasted fully charging your opponent is pretty awful.

Zarya is really strong in general against dva too. Just beam her matrix since she's also gonna get discorded through it.

Fuckin zenyatta man.

Kweh

Does this use regional servers? If i buy the US digital version but live in the UK will it put me on US servers?

Soulflarz

Banned
Zarya is really strong in general against dva too. Just beam her matrix since she's also gonna get discorded through it.

Fuckin zenyatta man.

I laugh that people still think Zen+Lucio might not get a nerf if they wanna balance the game

OW isn't balanced at all at the moment. It's so weird how unbalanced it is.

R0ckman

You can carry with DPS in comp all the way through the 70s. It's not going to be the DPS wiping everybody every other second. It's going to look more like a DPS winning their 1v1s every fight as they start to snowball. The rest of the team snowballs from that advantage, etc.

"but Anne, what if my team can't snowball"

Then you're not killing the right people or making enough off your own snowball. If you're team is reasonably ranked and you can consistently pick 1-2 people at the start of each fight, you can make it happen. Sometimes you get unlucky and can't get the snowball going early or fuck it up. To climb you have to play enough to outweigh any of those unlucky losses until you get to the point you can't consistently force the carry.

Edit: I'll admit certain non-DPS chars can carry like Zen/Zarya, but they still have high damage & kill pressure.

This is unrealistic, the issue is even if you can do this you have to be very quick or dodgy, like hide and pick off or simply play tracer. If your team is bad enough you will never be in sync with them simply due to the fact that even if you group up with them you will always last longer on the feild than them, when I do this I can down a couple maybe 2 people at a time but if your team is dying 2 or 3 at a time all their team has to do is look at what their other team members are shooting at and join them.

Ocassionally the other team will also realize the one player who is actually a real threat continually singling them out and go back to kicking the ass of the weaker players. I have had 3 to 4 of the enemy group chase me down while my group is doing god knows what.

mstevens

First time playing in awhile and I got to try Ana finally. I really like her. I'd say she's probably in my top 3 or 4 favorite characters. I was going for her two trophies to get my % back to 100 and ended up getting the Enabler on a 6 kill reaper ult to win the match.. Very satisfying :)

I'm looking forward to other new characters if this is how creative they're gonna get with it.

Did they change something concerning Overtime respawns?

Because my timer was stuck at 0 seconds for 3 seconds (I counted). Maybe it was just lag.

They increased the respawn time when it's overtime, it makes things like Tracers or Winstons jumping onto the objective to stall for more time less effective.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I bought the game when the Olympic box went live, I'm level 15ish now and I have the Genji, Torbjorn, red Zarya and union jack Tracer skins. Am I doing good?

So when a team goes reinhardt + bastion with reinhardt just sitting in front of bastion, what's the best way to counter it? Especially when they're in a corner that you can't flank. That's the only situation I haven't figured out a way to handle reliably.

xaosslug

game just glitched on Route 66 - we were all standing on the payload (literally), a few feet from the first cp, entire enemy team wiped, and shit wouldn't budge in overtime. -__-

I'm tired of playing DVa every game. She's a boring but necessary component of a decent team :(

Fuckin zenyatta man.

yep, really gonna seperate the D.Va men/women from the boys/girls. You have to really think on your feet and play inventive, also get decent-to-good @ surviving w/o ur mech. It's pretty much like playing D.Va pre-buff.

So when a team goes reinhardt + bastion with reinhardt just sitting in front of bastion, what's the best way to counter it? Especially when they're in a corner that you can't flank. That's the only situation I haven't figured out a way to handle reliably.

Junkrat strat: blanket the area in grenades and use your concussion mine to displace Rein/break his shield.

D.Va strat: boost in and either Rein will drop his sheild to fight you, or you can just go ham on Bastion/get him to transform and try to run away. Regardless, your team should be able to clean up.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Wow, just played 6 rounds on Anubis because neither team could defend well. I've never had so many rounds before. We somehow managed to get it together at the end and win, though.

Mokoi

Banned
I should not have doubted this game. Having a lot of fun playing. After trying all the characters I'm going to be sticking with solider 76, and Ana for my mains.

R0ckman

Never had trouble with this really, sometimes my team will go full moron and not know to put priority on bastion after the sheild goes down but I'm usually soilder in this situation, with the help of the group, we can get down the sheild and if prority is placed on bastion it usually goes down immediately after the sheild breaks. If not, its just me and I spook the bastion into fleeing and then I die to some other character potshot. Usually a junkrat.

KiraFA37

I've finally found my character and its... Zenyatta, truth be told I tried using before he got buffed and liked him but found him a bit to squishy. I'm getting a lot of eliminations as him, sometimes more then the DPS on my team and thanks to the discord ball I can even go toe to toe with a tank. Zenyatta is love, Zenyatta is life.

In other news, more duplicates in my lootboxes and no olympic skins yet, I really want the Dva one.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Got a second Lucio "striker" skin... Blizzy pls

Instead of complaining about teammates (and boy oh boy, could I!! Lol), its off how my mains have adjusted, but D.Va has always been my girl, even before the nice buff.

Pretty much feel like D.Va is my main, followed very closely with Reaper, Tracer, and Zenyatta. My Zarya is getting close to joining them, but not there yet. My Reinhardt, Ana, Widow, and McCree are all hot garbage though. Haha

Every time I pick Zarya I survive for too long and then lose sync with my team

Yeah, that's the worst: being in the midst of the fray, having your shield come down, and turning around to fall back and shield a teammate to jump in... only to realize that nobody's there, because they're all running back from spawn. So many times I've frantically looked around, like "Somebody HAS to be alive, right? Right?" Nope.

It sucks when you've lined up that perfect Graviton Surge only to realize nobody else is alive.

One of my bad Zarya habits I need to break: about to die and with my ult. up, I fire it off just before I die, hoping that my teammates will capitalize. Sometimes they do, but a lot of the time they're all dead too, and it's a wasted ult.

finalflame

Every time I pick Zarya I survive for too long and then lose sync with my team

I don't get this, she's not a particularly survivable tank. 2 second shield with 10 second cooldown, 200 armor and 200 HP. Seems if the other team was even remotely competent there's no reason you'd survive if the rest of your team is dropping; or am I missing something?

I don't get this, she's not a particularly survivable tank. 2 second shield with 10 second cooldown, 200 armor and 200 HP. Seems if the other team was even remotely competent there's no reason you'd survive if the rest of your team is dropping; or am I missing something?

If she gets high energy her energy bombs do mad damage so the squishies either die or scatter. In a team fight or disjoint team fight scenario Zarya will tend to linger unless she's specifically targeted. At the very least she can regularly outlive her team

duckroll

OMFG.

My second time ever playing in a real match with Genji. Kings Row attack. Oh man. When Genji works. He WORKS! I definitely think I suck at him, but winning the match gives me so much more confidence to pick the character in future if it seems like we need it. My deflect timing needs a ton of work, but the feeling when you rush at a bunch of defending enemies, remember to hit deflect as you run right at them, then finish with a slash attack that kills 2-3 people and then just keep going. OMG. Getting the ult in a pinch and then getting a sound barrier right at the point on Overtime, killing people as they rush to the payload, then running up the wall to slash the Widowmaker on the side roof, watching the payload slide in the end and VICTORY pop up.

It's like a whole other game. Lol.

Sulik2

So I'm really starting to find team comp on the PS4 is pretty broken in competitive. You must have a Hanzo and D.Va for their ults ability to clear, lucio the best support and junkrat for non line of sight damage. That is four slots gone, one has to be a tank, normally reinhardt, and that leaves you one spot for another damage dealer or second support. Probably best served by a McCre, Bastion or Zenyatta. They need to make more characters viable.

Soulflarz

Banned
So I'm really starting to find team comp on the PS4 is pretty broken in competitive. You must have a Hanzo and D.Va for their ults ability to clear, lucio the best support and junkrat for non line of sight damage. That is four slots gone, one has to be a tank, normally reinhardt, and that leaves you one spot for another damage dealer or second support. Probably best served by a McCre, Bastion or Zenyatta. They need to make more characters viable.

What
No, half this list isn't viable at all.

Gaz_RB

Sometimes I feel like I'm playing a different game than other people. What rank are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom