• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superflat

I find it funny alot of people still don't know Lucio's heal boost is line of sight. They practically wasting their boost, jumping around but never focus on their teammate giving them the heals.

It confuses me to this day, because isn't the number in the center of the screen supposed to indicate how many people on your team you're affecting with your boosts?

I find that I boost plenty of team members even if I can't see them, the exception being if they're behind walls.

Just had a game on Numbani. We attacked first. Absolutely killed it. We got it to the end in no time at all.

Then, the second we have to defend, a team mate leaves. Because clearly they're too good to defend. Defending is obviously beneath them.

Why do these people even bother playing in competitive games? Stick to fucking Quick Play, you pricks!

The remaining five of us did a pretty decent job of holding them back, but they managed to get the payload moving in overtime (obviously) due, mainly, to just outnumbering us.

And I now go down a whole rank again because of a dickhead leaving and a coin toss. Wank!

Soulflarz

Banned
Might not hit 25 on PC pre 18th cause NMS
21 right now and QP is trash. I hate it in every sense. How do smurfs do this, rerank to 25?
I guess being lazy for 15hr does it, which is fairly close to me so far, but still...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So the answer is not above us, it's behind us.

Gotta be some kind of stealth cloak spy mechanic.

FUCK YES!

ramyeon

No one in the low 40s knows how to play this game, 30 rank players are even worse oh my god.

I'm never getting out of the 40s before season ends.

Auctopus

I feel like dying to Sombra will yield the same frustration as being frozen by Mei. That sort of slow helplessness.

No one in the low 40s knows how to play this game, 30 rank players are even worse oh my god.

I'm never getting out of the 40s before season ends.

I know it's not official. But are the prizes for SR really just CP? No loot box or cosmetic item akin to Hearthstone Ranked rewards?

LiK

I feel like dying to Sombra will yield the same frustration as being frozen by Mei. That sort of slow helplessness.

I know it's not official. But are the prizes for SR really just CP? No loot box or cosmetic item akin to Hearthstone Ranked rewards?

Pretty much, and top 500 gets a special spray and player icon.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Jesus christ, matchmaking, can you stop putting me with the group of 2 who pick only Widow and Genji when we have no tanks and healers? Please? I don't wanna lose 3 times in a row because are comp is horrible.

Only sprays/player icons - the top 500 get an animated version of it, while everyone who did the placement matches gets non-animated ones as participation reward, aside from the CP.

And good that way. Blizzard locking away exclusive skins behind competitive play would be a very bad move.

Jokab

I'm convinced Sombra will be a TF2 Spy-esque hero released at the end of S1/start of S2. Mark my words. (Maybe this is a common theory already)

ramyeon

Had a fantastic team in comp on Volskaya, almost all on mic and very friendly. We steamrolled. Got 58 elims with Soldier and 3 gold medals, so much fun.

Next game is on Dorado with another team. Little communication, bad team comp. we get steamrolled. Right at the end one guy turns on his mic and starts abusing me, saying "You're fucking shit cunt" etc. I find this funny because I have gold medals. I say this and of course magically he has FIVE gold medals yet not even a card on the results screen, naturally.

People like that ruin the game for everyone.

Had a fantastic team in comp on Volskaya, almost all on mic and very friendly. We steamrolled. Got 58 elims with Soldier and 3 gold medals, so much fun.

Next game is on Dorado with another team. Little communication, bad team comp. we get steamrolled. Right at the end one guy turns on his mic and starts abusing me, saying "You're fucking shit cunt" etc. I find this funny because I have gold medals. I say this and of course medically he has FIVE gold medals yet not even a card on the results screen, naturally.

People like that ruin the game for everyone.

People like that are the reason I gave up on solo queue comp after two matches.

Rumours have it that Sombra might release on August 23, since the number 23 has been tied to her and Dorado several times, and she would be the 23rd hero.

Pooya

launcher downloaded future patch data just now, it was only 170MB. I think we're getting a patch later today.

edit: it's probably lucioball fix.

Sn4ke_911

So excited for Sombra. We know pretty much nothing about her, we knew some stuff about the last hero, that it is a healing sniper and that it will be Pharah's mother or at least it was heavily rumored but Sombra will be totally new.

Can't wait.

I also really hope Sombra is a villain, the game needs more, right know we have only Reaper and Widowmaker.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So excited for Sombra. We know pretty much nothing about her, we knew some stuff about the last hero, that it is a healing sniper and that it will be Pharah's mother or at least it was heavily rumored but Sombra will be totally new.

Can't wait.

I also really hope Sombra is a villain, the game needs more, right know we have only Reaper and Widowmaker.

Junkrat, roadhog and Hanzo.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
hopefully the next hero has a fear

because what I love in FPSes is losing control of my character and I feel like Overwatch just doesn't have enough of that

Sn4ke_911

Between the garbage, self-aggrandizing /r/overwatch subreddit, the unanimously terrible Overwatch memes, and general online behavior, I'm convinced this is one of the worst communities out there.

The game is fun but the community is probably the worst I've experienced in 20 years of playing FPS games.

Then you have never played CS:GO.

Antiwhippy

Between the garbage, self-aggrandizing /r/overwatch subreddit, the unanimously terrible Overwatch memes, and general online behavior, I'm convinced this is one of the worst communities out there.

The game is fun but the community is probably the worst I've experienced in 20 years of playing FPS games.

R/competitiveoverwatch is decent when the prior there aren't going for witch-hunts.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Befroe, DVa was generally a weaker choice than Winston.

Now, not only is Winston a weaker choice than DVa but DVa is a hard counter to Winston AND Ana completely nullifies his ult and Zenyatta murders Winston

Winston now is in a much worse place than DVa was before. DVa before was a 'not as good' spot where as Winston now is basically a free kill in most group makeups. If DVa gets shields on a charge, Winston needs to get two charges of leap and a shorter cd on his barrier.

Antiwhippy

Winston still gets more play than dva in the pro scene.

Discord murders them both but Winston can dive in on zenyetta better.

duckroll

Winston needs a buff. Make more of his HP shields instead of health. Make his shield device last longer. Set his leap recharge during ult to zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom