• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

"1v1 me bra. No radar, BR starts."

Stats have already been published. Feel free to go look for them. Obviously they're skewed when you spend a fair number of matches throwing the game.

Hint: All hours played as Mei.

Jesus, you've spent 7 hours throwing matches?

Anyone have tips for Winston? I really want to start using him more to deal with Genji's and Tracers, but I never am able to stay alive with him.

Defuser

i kinda wish i had a good Genji main on my team. MarioHead plays him sometimes but not all the time.

Although most of my hours is on Genji but I try not to main Genji all time heck I don't even use Genji in comp unless its Lijiang. He is too risky to use but very rewarding.

Just try him around in QP and build up from there. Use to him to climb places,flank and escape although you may not get the kill but it disrupts the enemies line allowing your team to push further. The good Genji players I notice tends to be frontline aggressive but that if you're very good at it. If not stealth flank is a good option. His swift strike and deflect is a lifesaver. Once you get a few hours with him, you can be deadly.

Anyone have tips for Winston. I really want to start using him more to deal with Genji's and Tracers, but I never am able to stay alive with him.

Don't use your jump button early before engaging a Genji or else he will sift strike away leaving you not able to jump due to cooldown. I will catch Genjis off guard, he swift strike and I just jump to finish the job. He try to attack throw a bubble.

Apathy

96% on fire as hog, we still lost

Anyone have tips for Winston? I really want to start using him more to deal with Genji's and Tracers, but I never am able to stay alive with him.

Jump in and jump out as needed. put down your shield and walk in and out of it depending on where your target it. if they are in, you be out, if they are out you be in

Man, these loot boxes are brutal. The least they could do is make your highest rarity a guaranteed summer drop and go from there. My last two gold were a duplicate punk Zarya and 500 coins.

The 500 coins is extra insulting now that I can't use it to redeem summer skins. Jesus, Blizzard.

One thing I like to do to start a fight is leap at someone, then punch them in the middle of the leap to get a nice 80 damage. But generally Winston is all about starting fights. Jump in there, put up your shield, disrupt the enemy, then jump out when you're weak. Never take Dva, Reaper, or Roadhog dead on, because you will always lose against them(unless the Reaper is low on health). His ult gives you 1000 health, so it's great for stalling and distracting. Your leap is on a 2 second cool down. So just spam your arm swings and constantly be jumping around to disrupt them even more and keep them change their point of focus. Plus the constant leaping will get you some nice bursts of 50 damage with every leap if you land near someone.

Hope this helps you improve!

Also the stuff Antiwhippy said is extremely important.

xaosslug

i feel like some peeps REALLY over-think the whole 'strategy' aspect of the game and just can't get out of their own way. I rolled w/ a couple of groups today and we would try and go about things as 'planned' and fail miserably every time.

sometimes, you just gotta get in there and wreck shit and let plays unfold organically. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hellix

I was about to break something, but luckily I won the following match to push me over the edge. I am done. Get me that 200 CP.

PCeUn7l.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Do anybody just don't care for the comp points? I don't really care for golden skins. I mosly play QP now.

I like the rank format a lot with a few caveats that they would hopefully iron out next season.

Don't care about gold guns sadly. But hey, I can save it for next season.

Ramirez

So, I'm in a match and we're getting absolutely steam rolled. I switch to Winston to try and slow down the Genji/Zen that's just destroying everyone. And all of a sudden I get a message calling me an idiot for charging their Zarya?! I wasn't even fighting Zarya nor did either of those guys have shields on them when I engaged them. We kinda started slowing them a bit when I switched, but we still lost the round. Anyways, dude keeps sending me messages calling me a detriment, quit the game, etc.

So I pick Widow in SD just to spite him and the rest of his group for harassing me for no damn reason. We get rolled of course, I think we lose either way, but fuck people who message mid match.

Niks

Guess Ive been pretty lucky with my summer loot boxes.

Ive already got Mercy, UK tracer, and Genij. All Im missing is D.Va and im set.
didnt buy any

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Came back to the game after a several week hiatus.

Have leveled from ~61 to ~67.

I've had a surprisngly great streak of games. I'd say I'm about 75% winning - but even the losses have been hard fought and were overall good games. Team work. Communication. Great comps. Man, I wish it was always like this.

I don't mind losing at all when we play smart; and that's how all my losses have been these last couple days. It's a shame the community is so shitty (and nobody uses a mic), because as I've always said - the core game play is exceedingly tight; probably the best feeling FPS in a decade.

Do anybody just don't care for the comp points? I don't really care for golden skins. I mosly play QP now.

I don't like dealing with stacking and horrible teammates. Sure, my teammates in comp aren't the best sometimes, but they are still leagues above QP players. Plus the comp points are an extra incentive. Once season one is done, I'm taking a break until season two. QP be damned.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Stacked up 21 boxes after hitting prestige and got a lot of Olympic skins:

Americree
Tracer Sprinter
Zarya Champion
Torbjorn Kroner somethingsomething
Nihon Genji

Also a bunch of sprays and some nice player icons, happiest about the bolded.

Would it be asking too much for an AI player to be added to your team if some fuck leaves during a competitive game? It doesn't even have to be a difficult setting. Could just be there to make up the numbers.

Satch

Banned
i havent played this game in a real long time and i decided to play today

Its nice to see people still dont know that the hero theyre playing is a counter to a hero on the enemy team thats owning us lol

I remember why i quit

Zekes!

I started using Roadhog yesterday and I've taken a real liking to him

I didn't think I would like playing him because I love the mobility of Pharah (my most played) but dat hook + shotgun combo is just too juicy

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Its nice to see people still dont know that the hero theyre playing is a counter to a hero on the enemy team thats owning us lol

I remember why i quit
Actually had a Genji in quick play the other day that complained about no one taking out the enemy Bastion.

A Genji complaining about an enemy Bastion

in 2016

I was only momentarily stunned by his complete lack of awareness before I told him the error of his ways.

I've come to the realization that my Lucio is just as effective as my Pharah in comp but in a whole different way. While if I'm Pharah I can wreck the team, when I go Lucio I just see my team kill everything.

Now officially my secondary.

Also still working on my Ana. Had a QP where I ended up getting MVP, on fire for 91% of the game, which was surprising cause I didn't feel like I was doing too much but apparently it was enough. Also having a game with 13k heal as Ana felt satisfying, might end up trying Ana in ranked soon if I feel like it's winning me games.

FoxSpirit

Okay guys, thanks for introducing me to Shadder. Holy hell. I mean, his speed and awareness are... perfect? That feels like such a dull word for what you get to see in action..

Defuser

I find it funny alot of people still don't know Lucio's heal boost is line of sight. They practically wasting their boost, jumping around but never focus on their teammate giving them the heals.

Soulflarz

Banned
Actually had a Genji in quick play the other day that complained about no one taking out the enemy Bastion.

A Genji complaining about an enemy Bastion

in 2016

I was only momentarily stunned by his complete lack of awareness before I told him the error of his ways.

Yep, had a McCree complaining that we kept getting flanked (reaper and someone else) and had us basically going "dude you're a McCree flashbang and fth" cause it's his job :p

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I find it funny alot of people still don't know Lucio's heal boost is line of sight. They practically wasting their boost, jumping around but never focus on their teammate giving them the heals.

I had a lucio just standing on the that ledge at the first point of hollywood just shooting enemies from afar while the rest of the team (not me, I was zen) was down on the ground fighting really far away from him.

Actually had to ask him what he was doing.

Nudull

Banned

I remember why i quit

Even worse if it's a comp match. Seriously, why is that side of the game so frustrating? >.<

Thanks for the games Ramirez. Some of those 70 avg games I just can't hang. But I held my own more often than I was a huge detriment so I guess that's progress.

Maybe in season two I'll get there.

Ramirez

Thanks for the games Ramirez. Some of those 70 avg games I just can't hang. But I held my own more often than I was a huge detriment so I guess that's progress.

Maybe in season two I'll get there.

Man, honestly in that game you messaged me about it, that's just how a lot of those games go at that level. Playing defense is basically impossible and teams just roll over each other and it comes down to SD, lol. You play fine, I mean you're getting POTG at least once or twice a night. I definitely think you can hang.

I uploaded a few vids from tonight/yesterday.

How close was this McCree to popping on me, I wonder? lol

Pure luck on a DVa bomb push back, still felt awesome.

ANNND, I'm sorry Vault Dweller...although I think I saved the rest of the team...maybe. ;P

Man, honestly in that game you messaged me about it, that's just how a lot of those games go at that level. Playing defense is basically impossible and teams just roll over each other and it comes down to SD, lol. You play fine, I mean you're getting POTG at least once or twice a night. I definitely think you can hang.
Yea I was surprised right after I messaged you we went on attack and I didn't die once as Lucio. We blew it in Sudden death but I definitely felt better after that. My biggest problem is that I only have two legitimate characters to play and then a decent at best Lucio. I'm jealous watching you play so many different heroes. Lol
LMAO I thought that thing had lagged. I was so pissed when it killed me. Didn't know you had hooked it.

psyfi

Banned
It took me a good two weeks to realize. I thought it was based on proximity!

Ramirez

Yea I was surprised right after I messaged you we went on attack and I didn't die once as Lucio. We blew it in Sudden death but I definitely felt better after that. My biggest problem is that I only have two legitimate characters to play and then a decent at best Lucio. I'm jealous watching you play so many different heroes. Lol

LMAO I thought that thing had lagged. I was so pissed when it killed me. Didn't know you had hooked it.

I honestly only feel like I'm making a huge difference in a game when I play Roadhog/Zarya though.

And yea, I thought you had probably blinked away from behind me, so I went for it, lol. It looked like it was headed right for the other 4 people on our team. Man looking at that from her perspective, DM has a huge range on it, I don't feel like she should have been blocking my ult from back there, damn. I didn't even know it worked sideways, TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom