• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satch

Banned
Yeah I'm sorry, people can keep saying he's balanced because of a "high-skill factor" but Genji is total bullshit.

I just used him with a prior experience of 36 minutes on him and got Dragonblade like five times in three minutes and wrecked the other team. He's ridiculous.
Theres this hero in dota 2 called Invoker with ten spells. Average hero usually has four, but invoker has ten and you have to "make" them yourself before u can use them. Hes in like the top two hardest heroes to play in a roster of 112

People say the exact thing for a long time "hes hard to play and that makes him balanced" but the hero can literally do EVERYTHING. And im not exaggerating. He has a spell for every situation. Stuns, slows, turning himself invisible, summoning minions, he can do it all

The overwatch community is young so right now they dont understand but it doesnt matter if a hero is high skill cap. If u make a hero strong enough and fun enough the player base will learn how to abuse it its power

Invoker is one of the hardest heroes in the game... And hes also one of the most played... CONSISTENTLY

Ummm,who complained about defender respawn times? Or the payload speed on Gibraltar? Tournaments are gonna be a lot more KOTH with this patch.

Blizz clearly only wants you to win on offense.

Theres this hero in dota 2 called Invoker with ten spells. Average hero usually has four, but invoker has ten and you have to "make" them yourself before u can use them. Hes in like the top two hardest heroes to play in a roster of 112

People say the exact thing for a long time "hes hard to play and that makes him balanced" but the hero can literally do EVERYTHING. And im not exaggerating. He has a spell for every situation. Stuns, slows, turning himself invisible, summoning minions, he can do it all

The overwatch community is young so right now they dont understand but it doesnt matter if a hero is high skill cap. If u make a hero strong enough and fun enough the player base will learn how to abuse it its power

Invoker is one of the hardest heroes in the game... And hes also one of the most played... CONSISTENTLY
There is a difference between a character that is simply good in the right hands than a character who you say can do everything. That seems way more OP than anything in OW has ever been. Also, you're comparing two completely different games. Also, of course a character that can do everything is going to get picked more than other characters because he provides a shit ton more than everyone else. OW is also a game of countering and doesn't have all the complicated shit that Dota has.

It's apples and oranges here.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
so just to show kaplan's train of thought here

the already too strong at both jobs heroes that all have speed boosts should respawn quicker than the slow plodding heroes that are objectively worse overall than every other hero

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Just played about four hours of OW with my best friend.

Quick Play; I'm level 69 and he's 40 something. I swear we were absolutely kicking ass - but our win rate was right about 50/50. Fortunately, most games we lost we could tell (at least after the first handful) we were just getting straight-up outplayed by a wide margin.

But there's something very off feeling after 60+ hours of playing when your games look like:

Hard fought defeat.
Hard fought defeat.
Hard fought victory.
Hard fought defeat.
Hard fought victory.
Hard fought victory.
Hard fought victory.
Hard fought defeat.
Hard fought victory.
Hard fought victory.

... Steamrolled.
Steamrolled.
Banished to the shadow realm.
... mommy?

It definitely feels like bullshit. Again, I admit - in those last games, the other team was better. I'm not calling "unfair," I'm just saying it felt like the system decided to put us into an entirely different class of players. I mean, our first ten or twelve games, win-or-lose, were very close; almost all in overtime. Those last four or five games? We lost in like 120 seconds.

Also, on Temple of Anubis, we played a game against four Zenyattas. On the second point, they just popped Tranquility one at a time, and we just had no way of overcomming that. We'd kill 3 or 4 or 5 of the enemies... but we couldn't ever get all six. Seemed very difficult. What's the counter to that? We had a great team and people were switching things up. We tried hiding Roadhogs behind a Rein shield. We tried Tracers. We tried two Soldiers. We tried sniping. But we HAD to get in close so we didn't get his awesome hitscan shots on us. So that left us with high HP fighters, sure... but not enough variety to tackle 40 seconds of tranquility.

Satch

Banned
There is a difference between a character that is simply good in the right hands than a character who you say can do everything. That seems way more OP than anything in OW has ever been. Also, you're comparing two completely different games. Also, of course a character that can do everything is going to get picked more than other characters because he provides a shit ton more than everyone else. OW is also a game of countering and doesn't have all the complicated shit that Dota has.

It's apples and oranges here.
No noob, im saying that it doesnt matter if a hero is high skill cap, its possible for them to be too strong in all kinds of hands and people will justify their cancer just cuz theyre hard as if that makes it ok

they do it in all kinds of games with all kinds of playstyles. and then eventually theyre like oh thats actually bs that he can kill so many people in such a short time with such specific counter play

Satch

Banned
even seagull said ages ago that he thinks gengu was prolly still a little in the too strong side back around the time the game came out

He warned us!!!! but muh high skill cap ninja

No noob, im saying that it doesnt matter if a hero is high skill cap, its possible for them to be too strong in all kinds of hands and people will justify their cancer just cuz theyre hard as if that makes it ok

they do it in all kinds of games with all kinds of playstyles. and then eventually theyre like oh thats actually bs that he can kill so many people in such a short time with such specific counter play
Well, the entire game is built on counter play, don't see how this is different. There are counters to every ult, Genji is no exception. And, really, "noob", Jesus, what did I do to russle your jimmies there lol?

And again, two completely different games. Each game has different levels of OPness because Dota has WAY more factors involved than OW because it's a more complex game. You seriously can't use Dota as an example.

Damn, some of the comp groups i gotten today are absolute stupidity.

I go lucio on numbani attack. Then everyone just splits up.

Bastion flanking left with Zen behind him
Dva going into the wide open right side
Junkrat + McCree going inside the corridor.

I knew we were doomed. Every single action my teammates made was the wrong one. Like Dva using self destruct in the corridors, Junkrat using riptire in the open, Bastion on attack...

"It's OP because it can kill things fast and has specific counters like everyone else in the game"

Bastion kills things fast. Buts he's not OP, is he?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'we side buffed offense hero rules in the defensive role and side nerfed every defense hero but junkrat in their own role. are you happy?'

I'm not mad about that they're making bad gameplay choices, I'm mad they didn't test this horseshit in ptr so we could give some damn feedback on a poor choice.

I'm not mad about that they're making bad gameplay choices, I'm mad they didn't test this horseshit in ptr so we could give some damn feedback on a poor choice.
Or at least give us patch notes before the patch so people can give their two cents on it. I bet you anything most people think this is a terrible change.

Nimby

Banned
Yeah I'm sorry, people can keep saying he's balanced because of a "high-skill factor" but Genji is total bullshit.

I just used him with a prior experience of 36 minutes on him and got Dragonblade like five times in three minutes and wrecked the other team. He's ridiculous.

Or you could secretly be Seagull. Genji's ult time is pretty insane, I think it's 9 seconds and it could stand to be 7 or 8.

And in desperation for Symmetra buffs I made of list of all the changes I want to see:

Photon Projector

- Increase the range of her primary fire.
- Increase the range her Photon Projector's primary fire locks-off of targets.
- Decrease the travel time on her alternate fire -OR- give the projectile a larger hitbox.
- Increase the amount of time it takes for Symmetra's weapon charge to drop.

Shields

- Revamp the Shield mechanic.
- MY IDEA: Complete revamp. Shields no longer regenerate health, they now reduce damage by half to one ally until the ally dies, Symmetra dies, or is placed on a different ally. They also cleanse the ally of debuffs and other status ailments. A slight cooldown may be needed in between shield placement.
- Alternate idea: Keep the shield mechanic relatively the same, but convert half of the ally's HP to regen shields while adding +25 shield (Genji will now have 100 health, but will have 125 shield). I would prefer a full revamp.

Sentry Turrets

- Revert damage on console back to original values.
- Allow Symmetra to hold six turrets at the start of the round.

Teleporter

- Allow Symmetra to rotate her teleporter to determine where players will spawn upon exiting.

It is 9 seconds, but I'm pretty sure it takes a second of that to pull out the sword. I think.

Also, Symm's weapon is pretty good where it's at. The "turn half off health to shields" seems to powerful since mobile character like tracer or Genji wouldn't need to worry about health packs and can roam around without heals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom