• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm sorry, people can keep saying he's balanced because of a "high-skill factor" but Genji is total bullshit.

I just used him with a prior experience of 36 minutes on him and got Dragonblade like five times in three minutes and wrecked the other team. He's ridiculous.

His ult is the one thing that's ridiculous about him. The rest of the character is fine imo.
Reduce the duration by a couple seconds, maybe make it charge time a bit slower.

Yeah I'm sorry, people can keep saying he's balanced because of a "high-skill factor" but Genji is total bullshit.

I just used him with a prior experience of 36 minutes on him and got Dragonblade like five times in three minutes and wrecked the other team. He's ridiculous.
Not like every enemy team is that shitty lol. If you got that many in 3 minutes AND wrecked face with all of them, then the other team was shit.

I'm sorry, but Genji is fine. Even the best players don't always have successful ults. It's not a free win button.

His ult is the one thing that's ridiculous about him. The rest of the character is fine imo.
Reduce the duration by a couple seconds, maybe make it charge time a bit slower.
Oh yeah, that's really the problem I have. As a character, there's a good balance to what he does and how weak he is. His ult makes him absurd though.

Not like every enemy team is that shitty lol. If you got that many in 3 minutes AND wrecked face with all of them, then the other team was shit.

I'm sorry, but Genji is fine. Even the best players don't always have successful ults. It's not a free win button.

The fact his mere presence has at least one of the current 2 support meta sit on their support ult just to counteract his ult speaks volumes about how dumb it is. And if the support ults ARE popped for whatever reason, it's basically a free wipe of almost the entire team for Genji.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The fact his mere presence has at least one of the current 2 support meta sit on their support ult just to counteract his ult speaks volumes about how dumb it is. And if the support ults ARE popped for whatever reason, it's basically a free wipe of almost the entire team for Genji.

why does using an ult to counter an ult strike you as a bad thing? as if any of the supports have trouble building ult. are we really going to complain about genji in 'the meta' sense when zenyatta is driving all team makeups now?

Both sides were playing pretty shit, and the Genji felt like a free win in that situation.

xaosslug

can we start a Ranked 40-low-50's Abyss GAF Group? I managed to get back to 51 soloing, but then just backslid uncontrollably. This shit is BRUTAL. T__T

ISOM

I think Genji and Junkrat are two guys who can use a nerf on how fast their weapons accumulate ult. You can basically spam and get ult relatively quickly.

why does using an ult to counter an ult strike you as a bad thing? as if any of the supports have trouble building ult. are we really going to complain about genji in 'the meta' sense when zenyatta is driving all team makeups now?

It doesn't strike me as a bad thing, but "hold one support ult back or lose" is.

xaosslug

so i can stay ahead of the curve, who are we complaining about til we get the next nerf once we ruin genji?

Zenny. Always Zenny. Also, Lucio.

I think Genji and Junkrat are two guys who can use a nerf on how fast their weapons accumulate ult. You can basically spam and get ult relatively quickly.

Junkrat already self-damages, so nerfing him would be ridiculous, because at minimum you will damage YOURSELF 100 life during a play so he's already handicapped. What they need to do is remove Junkrat's self-damage so he can truly ascend the ranks and achieve his rightful Godly status! Same with Pharah - don't buff her, just remove self-damage and that already a pretty sizable upgrade!

Veelk

Banned
Seriously, there is a resurrence of bastians latelyand people are goddamn incapable of taking them down. I'm seeing a bastian/reinhardt combo everywhere. Why. How.

But you could say that for half the ults in the game, like Zaryas, for example. There are two uses for support ults. Starting a push or countering ults. Generally the latter. Saying supports hold their ult for Genji is an argument you can make for half the cast.
LOL nerf Junkrat. Defense heroes are worthless in their current state, it's like asking for Bastion to be nerfed at his point. Any good player with any character can charge their ults fast.
Someone please tell me sudden death is getting reworked next season cuz its current incarnation is sooooooo wack.
It is, Blizz said so.

Someone please tell me sudden death is getting reworked next season cuz its current incarnation is sooooooo wack.

They already said they will change Sudden Death. I believe they said Draws are going to be introduced instead.

That's the whole point of their ults though.

The whole point is choosing when you want to use the ult. Should you do it for extra push power or to counteract an enemy engagement/ult?
The mere presence of Genji means that one of your 2 supports will have to save their ult for the entire match JUST to counter-act Genji's ult, and nothing else. There is no other ult in the game that warrants this coming out of a single character.

But you could say that for half the ults in the game, like Zaryas, for example. There are two uses for support ults. Starting a push or countering ults. Generally the latter. Saying supports hold their ult for Genji is an argument you can make for half the cast.

Zarya's ult requires a second character ulting. That fact alone means that using the support ult then disables 2 characters' ultimates.
No other ult is as powerful, easy to land and difficult to counteract than Genji's.

There is no other ult in the game that warrants this coming out of a single character.
Zarya? Reaper? Hanzo(if you happen to get stuck in it, somehow)? Soldier? Mei? Rein?

Also LOL at saying Genjis is "easy to land". Somebody must not play Genji. Also, Zarya can do just fine without others ults, like seriously, a full energy Zarya will do much more damage much faster than a Hanzo dragon.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Mercy Doge

CpcK0NlUsAAyAIO.png

https://twitter.com/Outside_the_Vox/status/763090652586389504

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've honestly seen more genji ults ending after 1-2 kills than anything substantial. And the substantial ones required something backing them up (sound barrier, tranquility, Nanoboost)

Zarya? Reaper? Hanzo(if you happen to get stuck in it, somehow)? Soldier? Mei? Rein?

Zarya, Mei and Reinhardt can't eradicate an entire team or damn near close to it on their own with their ults. Their ults are setups for other ults. Counteracting 2 ults with a support ult is fine.

Soldier needs to continuously keep firing, and since he's fairly slow, you can run for cover. Reaper is basically stationary (same for Pharah), so he's very easy to take out. Genji runs and jumps around like an asshole, has his sword dash and his deflect during the duration of his ult.

My point is that the support should have the option to either counter-ult or push. With Genji in play, one of the supports is essentially forced to sit on their ult until either Genji decided to pop his, or the second support regained his ult.

If there's an instance of both supports using their ult (e.g. Lucio uses his for a push, then the enemy Zarya ults and Zenyatta pops his ult), then it's GG, cause then Genji goes and wipes most of the team.

I'm also going to add that Seagull, who is one of the best Genji players in the world, thinks that Genji's ult needs to be nerfed.

Saying Zarya requires other ults to be successful is just not true though. I've had more successful ones without other ults than ones with ults and half the time someone else wants to combo with me, everyone is already dead before their ult does anything.

Here's one solution to Genji.

Winston???? Or how about having your entire team focus on him and gun home down. Like Whippy said, most Genji ults usually get 1-2 kills even without there being a counter ult on the other team.

Owzers

i reached the neogaf point where i just had the least fun games in awhile tonight, all in a row outside of one KOTH bright spot. Bad team comps, no real pushes on Hanamura, etc etc. I also tried one competitive try by myself ( i have been playing quick play lately) and it went okay perhaps, though i think we lost. Our attack was much better than defense.

Gurrry

bastions on offense, anas when you dont need one, people arguing about how many golds they got in chat

the idiots are out tonight

Veelk

Banned
Okay....okay....I give up.

How complete fucking bullshit is it that I lose 1 match, losing half my rank, win one that gives me a TINY SLIVER, then lose another one that cuts my rank down to nil.

Just like last time, I rise to 54, immediately down to 52, struggle up to 53, almost at 54 again, then get back down to 52. That's it for me today. But tomorrow, I'm just going to ask you guys for help. I simply CANNOT deal with these random ass matches anymore. I just can't.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Genji is incredibly easy to take out. Just shoot him, and then when he tries to deflect, just stand and wait there till he's done doing his thing, than shoot the shit out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom