• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I wish there was a limit that once you reached a certain rank you can't fall below it.

For example:

50-60 (you can't go below 50 but you can always go up)
60-70

and so on

Now i'm afraid to play, i don't want to fall any lower lol

This day has been horrible.

nepal seems to be fucked on PS4 atm

three times in the last 24 hours the server has just closed due to an "unexpected error", and it wasn't the genji thing - first time there was no genji on either side, second time same thing, and third time it was literally seconds into the match. so weird.

Sn4ke_911

How the hell does a Junkrat hit himself with his ult? rofl

I was under the stairs and above me was a McCree about to high noon my whole team so i decided to ult and kill that fucker before he kills my team.

nepal-3.jpg

Mr. X

I just saw the point payout for levels. Fuck me for just wanting to play Comp, I placed 55 and now at 46 >:[

If anyone want to group for comp, I'm on right now MisterX#12822

I wish there was a limit that once you reached a certain rank you can't fall below it.

For example:

50-60 (you can't go below 50 but you can always go up)
60-70

and so on

Now i'm afraid to play, i don't want to fall any lower lol

This day has been horrible.

Sorry bro, there is no ceiling/floor on the skill based rating. Maybe they'll go back to a progression based systems like they originally wanted to.

Sn4ke_911

Sorry bro, there is no ceiling/floor on the skill based rating. Maybe they'll go back to a progression based systems like they originally wanted to.

Do we know if even placement matches get wiped after the season ends? probably, right?

Squire

Banned
Who in the hell thinks going with an all Torb team is a good idea for anything?

I'm pretty sure I just hate that character now. Like, the details don't even matter anymore. It's Attack, it's Defense, it's our team, it's their team - it doesn't matter. I see Torb and I immediately brace for a bad time.

ss_lemonade

How do matchups work in say, Quick Play? I only started playing 2-3 days ago. First 2 days were pretty good, just enough challenge and everyone was around the same level as me. Lost my first 2 games but for the next couple (around 7), I was actually part of the winning team and it felt like I was contributing pretty well. The 3rd day though was brutal, being suddenly paired with players who were like 40 levels above me and I could barely do anything to help or survive encounters with said players.

Sn4ke_911

Yeah, they'll be gone :( It's a blessing and a curse, the placement matches are going to be shit show for sure.

Gotta say i'm ok with this, now people who were placed in the low 30s or so have a new chance getting better placements and aren't stuck for the rest of their lifes with shitty players.

rrs

How do matchups work in say, Quick Play? I only started playing 2-3 days ago. First 2 days were pretty good, just enough challenge and everyone was around the same level as me. Lost my first 2 games but for the next couple (around 7), I was actually part of the winning team and it felt like I was contributing pretty well. The 3rd day though was brutal, being suddenly paired with players who were like 40 levels above me and I could barely do anything to help or survive encounters with said players.
I think it just throws players in a blender, or the game has a rough idea of your skill level and puts you in kinda similar matches

Salarians

Just played a comp match where, instead of quitting, this person clearly placed their controller upside down so both stick were "up", causing their character to run forward while looking up. :/

Zekes!

Man nothing puts a bad taste in your mouth like coming off some bad teams

Had one attack on Volskaya in which we had 3 Genji's and one kept spamming "Group up with me" and I was spectating them all standing around doing nothing while waiting to respawn

And another in which the player must've been new to Mercy because I was Roadhog and the only tank yet they completely ignored me and never once popped an ult

I'm taking a break and then playing some DOOM. Goddamn it

matmanx1

Man nothing puts a bad taste in your mouth like coming off some bad teams

Had one attack on Volskaya in which we had 3 Genji's and one kept spamming "Group up with me" and I was spectating them all standing around doing nothing while waiting to respawn

And another in which the player must've been new to Mercy because I was Roadhog and the only tank yet they completely ignored me and never once popped an ult

I'm taking a break and then playing some DOOM. Goddamn it

I totally get it. I just came off of a match (and it was a weird night all the way around actually because the game kept putting me (a solo player) in with enemy groups of 2's, 3's 4's etc. ) where we easily capped the first point on Illios, we were up against 3 solo folks and a group of 3 and my team decides to change heroes for rounds 2 and 3 and we got stomped.

First of all, why am I going up against premade groups as a solo player and why would my team change up what worked so well on the first point to do something completely different? I don't know, but there it is!

AngryMoth

Been working on my genji recently since he seems to be one of the highest "fun factor" heroes imo. Getting pretty competent but I still usually panic and shit the bed when it comes time to use my ult. Still, managed to get a few triple kills tonight, feels good

Yeah I'm sorry, people can keep saying he's balanced because of a "high-skill factor" but Genji is total bullshit.

I just used him with a prior experience of 36 minutes on him and got Dragonblade like five times in three minutes and wrecked the other team. He's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom