• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

It's already super obvious given the other stuff that was found, but most of the shorts take place on an actual map from the game. The original BlizzCon trailer and "Recall" probably don't because they're introducing the premise of the game. "Alive", "Dragons" and "Hero" do though. I don't see why they would go backwards.
Recall is on Watchpoint Gibraltar. Reveal trailer was Numbani.

Anne

It's already super obvious given the other stuff that was found, but most of the shorts take place on an actual map from the game. The original BlizzCon trailer and "Recall" probably don't because they're introducing the premise of the game. "Alive", "Dragons" and "Hero" do though. I don't see why they would go backwards.

None of this rules out him waking up in Black Forest unless the lore specifies that wasn't the location.

Recall takes place at Watchpoint Gibraltar.

somebody beat me to it ^

Ertai

I'm really starting to dislike (understatement) Pharah on console. I've lost around 3 matches today because no one on our team had the ability to take her out or paid attention to her so she flew around unchecked on maps like Ilios and Hollywood and absolutely obliterated us. I have to get lucky and catch her on the ground and kill her quickly as Tracer but usually she jumps up again just as i'm about to kill her. The aiming is driving me crazy. I see she's a problem, i want to do something about it but i just physically can't due to the shitty aiming. Meanwhile she notices me and barrages me with rockets. So frustrating and i have no idea how this could possibly be fixed

Prelude.

Was it Numbani? Because the Heritage Museum looks different from the one in the trailer and the buildings don't look like those in Numbani,

Walpurgis

Banned
I'm really starting to dislike (understatement) Pharah on console. I've lost around 3 matches today because no one on our team had the ability to take her out or paid attention to her so she flew around unchecked on maps like Ilios and Hollywood and absolutely obliterated us. I have to get lucky and catch her on the ground and kill her quickly as Tracer but usually she jumps up again just as i'm about to kill her. The aiming is driving me crazy. I see she's a problem, i want to do something about it but i just physically can't due to the shitty aiming. Meanwhile she notices me and barrages me with rockets. So frustrating and i have no idea how this could possibly be fixed
Bastion is my bane when playing Pharah. A persistent Torbjorn is also dangerous.

What if discord was something that built slowly? As in, it starts at 10%, at 10s it's 50% (and increases at linear rate between)? Then it can't be popped off and have an immediate effect, but still is worthwhile in a longer engagement?

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Keep the OT title suggestions coming!

I can post OT5 when we hit the postcount limit. Gonna give the first post a little update (make community stuff more prominent, prune launch-related info, add a blurb on Competitive, include Ana and the new lore-related things, etc) since a lot has happened since May. :>

Ertai

Bastion is my bane when playing Pharah. A persistent Torbjorn is also dangerous.

I feel both of them are too situational to be used effectively, especially on KOTH maps they're too much of a liability. I'll give it a shot though and perhaps Roadhog hooks if she's low enough

Squire

Banned
No you can't in this case, but it still takes place on Numbani.

It was the very first trailer anyway, so no point in nitpicking.

We have evidence pointing to a map. A forest map. This short is in a forest. This forest is the map.

Not really a huge leap in logic here.

duckroll

I don't think the Overwatch Museum being in Numbani was ever confirmed. There is a Doomfist exhibit in Numbani now which is the payload being transported, but it could just have been transferred from where ever the Overwatch Museum was.

I doubt Blizzard wants to confirm they made an announcement trailer set in Africa starring two white kids, two white women, a gorilla, and a man in black going diediedie.

ramyeon

It was the very first trailer anyway, so no point in nitpicking.

We have evidence pointing to a map. A forest map. This short is in a forest. This forest is the map.

Not really a huge leap in logic here.
Yeah. All the other shorts have taken place in physical map locations, and the game even reflects them with stuff like the broken window on Watchpoint: Gibraltar and the signs of Hanzo and Genji's fight on Hanamura.

Ramma2

I went to the dark side and bought 20$ worth of loot boxes today.... Got my #1 (Mercy) and #3 (D.Va) skins so I feel OK about the whole thing. Torb would be the last one I would really want. But after 50 levels of 1 lootbox every 1-2 days, it felt sooo dang good to open all those boxes up. Might have opened a door I shouldn't have..

Veelk

Banned
I doubt Blizzard wants to confirm they made an announcement trailer set in Africa starring two white kids, two white women, a gorilla, and a man in black going diediedie.

Wow, I didn't even think of that.

Yeah, it'd be in Bliz's best interest to re-evaluate what to say on the subject if that's what the original location was.

ramyeon

Oh ok, I was wondering how I missed it. But yeah, the launch trailer's more like a proof of concept compared to the other ones, since, as I said, even the buildings have a completely different style from Numbani's architecture while the other trailers are straight up staged on the final maps.
Personally I think the architecture looks like Numbani, so I never really questioned that it took place there.

I mean...this is a sci-fi, alternate reality kind of game, so societies could have changed in this game. I'm sure Blizzard could come up with an explanation for anything story based because it's an alternate reality, but who knows. I highly doubt anyone would care if it was in Africa or Antarctica.

Manoko

It's actually impossible to rank up in competitive by solo queueing.
Even when I get 3-4 gold medals, I always end up losing, I'm diving from rank 52 to 46 now.

This is so frustrating I'm considering going back to playing other games and dropping Overwatch altogether.

And what the f*ck is wrong with matchmaking, all solo queuers in my team, two duo queuers in the opposite team.
Can't the game just balance the duo/trio queues between the teams ? Especially when it's that brain-dead to actually do it (two duo queues).

ramyeon

I mean the buildings that you can see from the windows, they're not like those of Numbani,
9BmiabI.jpg

Overwatch%2B-%2BNumbani.jpg

Looks really similar to me, but I guess we can leave it as "Unconfirmed".

It comes out next week. We're not all Tracers here...
Wait...then how do people know it's even in a forest in the first place? Did they release pictures or is just complete assumption because of his lore?

Edit: there could be other cities in the world with the same architecture as Numbani, I wouldn't be surprised of that.

duckroll

I mean...this is a sci-fi, alternate reality kind of game, so societies could have changed in this game. I'm sure Blizzard could come up with an explanation for anything story based because it's an alternate reality, but who knows. I highly doubt anyone would care if it was in Africa or Antarctica.

You can explain anything in fiction. Canon reality isn't the problem when you are selling and marketing a mass market entertainment product and want everyone to be positive about it.

Overwatch is a game where Blizzard has gone to great lengths to be inclusive and diverse. They try to be understanding of the international audience.

Well, that explains everything lol.
You can explain anything in fiction. Canon reality isn't the problem when you are selling and marketing a mass market entertainment product and want everyone to be positive about it.

Overwatch is a game where Blizzard has gone to great lengths to be inclusive and diverse. They try to be understanding of the international audience.
Ok, fair point, I can understand that.

ramyeon

Wait...then how do people know it's even in a forest in the first place? Did they release pictures or is just complete assumption because of his lore?

Edit: there could be other cities in the world with the same architecture as Numbani, I wouldn't be surprised of that.

These ones.
We're not going anywhere with this guys haha. I had always assumed it was Numbani due to Doomfist, the general look etc. and I'd always heard it referred to as such. The wiki labelled it as that too so I just took it as fact, my bad.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Just saw a pro Hanzo with golden bow.

I said god damn. That guy was really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom